Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest Check: OOC Tenkaichi Budokai-style Tournament

+3
Krillin
Khaos
Eilee
7 posters

Go down

Interest Check: OOC Tenkaichi Budokai-style Tournament Empty Interest Check: OOC Tenkaichi Budokai-style Tournament

Post by Eilee 7/13/2012, 2:48 am

I had this nifty little idea the other day when talking to Novashen about a prospective OOC fight between him and Nova, the Marvel Comics superhero. I came up with some elaborate rules for a prospective match, but it had me thinking, this seems like something too good to leave to a single match.

The idea of what I'd like to do is pretty simple. Using the site's combat mechanics, you can have a character from any medium (or an original one) duke it out in an elimination tournament modeled after the Tenkaichi Budokai from Dragon Ball. Any character that could fit with the site's combat mechanics would be welcome to join, and there could be fudging for characters who can't normally fly or shoot energy blasts if people want to join as such a character. Dragon Ball characters proper can be used, provided there's no one on the site currently using that character, but it's recommended that you don't use your canon character.

All of the characters will be set at level 50 with the amount of TP/AP that a character would normally have at that level. The site's race mechanics will adjusted for whatever your character's race is, using whatever the most similar Dragon Ball race is. You'll also have an optional transformation (or 3 for Changeling-like races), the full benefits of whatever alignment you choose, a maximized fighting style, 5 feats, a full set of equipment that's either custom or from the site proper, and a maximum of 5 custom abilities.

Other than just being fun, the tournament's rules will help introduce newer site members to all of the game's mechanics, a wide roster of techniques and abilities, and most importantly, a wide variety of fighting styles that might not see too much of in the game proper, due to the fact that not all of the characters will be from Dragon Ball.

I'd need, at the bare minimum, 8 different participants to get this project off the ground. If there are more than 8 people who want to join, then it's going to be on a first-come first-serve basis, so please reply below if you have any interest whatsoever.
Eilee
Eilee
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 25
Race: Hybrid

http://www.kiyza.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Interest Check: OOC Tenkaichi Budokai-style Tournament Empty Re: Interest Check: OOC Tenkaichi Budokai-style Tournament

Post by Khaos 7/13/2012, 2:58 am

I will sign up, I will use my Custom OverMage character from Ayenee
Khaos
Khaos
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 38
Race: Hybrid

Back to top Go down

Interest Check: OOC Tenkaichi Budokai-style Tournament Empty Re: Interest Check: OOC Tenkaichi Budokai-style Tournament

Post by Krillin 7/13/2012, 3:33 am

I like this, dibs on Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail.
Krillin
Krillin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info
Level: 5
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTorbie 7/13/2012, 4:23 am

I was the first to like this....as Monkey D. Luffy.
OldTorbie
OldTorbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sigea 7/13/2012, 4:37 am

I would Love to do this. Ken Masters (Street Fighter).
Awesome Idea as im one of thos epeople who knows nothing of fight mechanics.
Sigea
Sigea
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info
Level: 46
Race: Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Donzle 7/20/2012, 2:41 pm

Am in. It's okay if someone destroy's me..lol
Donzle
Donzle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg 17 7/24/2012, 7:02 pm

If I do join, it'll be as Shikamaru of Naruto. Or my custom Naruto Character, Hikagani Ryo. Uses the power of Haku's, if anyone knows anything of the series.
Cyborg 17
Cyborg 17
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info
Level: 10
Race: Construct

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down