Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What The Water Gave Me

2 posters

Go down

What The Water Gave Me Empty What The Water Gave Me

Post by Chi Chi 8/19/2012, 11:54 pm

What The Water Gave Me
Medium Quest
Requirement: None
Reward: 2,000 zeni
You have been summoned to Lake Ohkii-Mizu to aid a starving village. Upon arriving you find that the village has been terrorized by a strange water demon who steals all the fisherman's catches. Track down this demon and bring him to justice, by whatever means you find necessary.

Chi Chi rolled over and looked at the clock. Rubbing the grit from her eyes she jumped out of bed realizing she had over slept. As she ran to the kitchen to start breakfast she found 2 small notes on the table.

Chi,
Left early to train my new student.
See you for lunch, I’m hungry alreaday!
Goku

The second note was from her father, his scratchy scroll was easily recognizable.

Princess,
I stopped by and took the kids for a few days.
A small village in the Ox Kingdom needs your help.
I left a map in the envelope on the fridge.
Call me when you’ve returned and I’ll bring the kids home
Love,
Dad
P.S. Don’t worry, I brought the kid’s books, I’ll have them study
P.P.S. you might need Goku

Chi Chi rolled her eyes at the post script. She was sure she was more than capable of handling whatever problems the village had. Chi Chi made her way to the fridge and began to grab sandwich supplies out. When she was finished, she headed to the pantry and pulled out four fresh loaves of bread.

She sliced the bread sub style and began to assemble the small lunch for her husband and his student. Goku’s newest lunch craving was a strange assortment of luncheon meats known as a “dagwood.” She piled the ham, turkey, and corned beef high across the bread, and finished the subs off with a small bit of sliced onions, some lettuce, and a generous portion of mayo.

Confident with the meal she had prepared, she packed some supplies for the trip, leaving a note of her own for her husband.

Goku,
Daddy needed some help in the Ox Kingdom,
I may be gone for a day or two,
Lunch is in the fridge, your student has a sandwich too.
See you soon,
Love,
Chi

Chi Chi looked in shock at the small rows of shacks that aligned the large lake. The map says it is around here. This has to be the place. She hovered a moment and began her descent.

It had only been a few hours since she had left the house in search of the small village known as Ohkii-Mizu. Apparently, according to a small note enclosed with the map, there was a demon taking all the fishermen’s catches. From what Chi Chi could see, it seemed these people made their living off the water.

She finally found the shack The Ox King had described on the far side of the lake. The smell of wet earth was strong and the songs of crickets echoed in a delicate symphony throughout the surrounding vegetation. She made her way to the door and was just about to knock when it opened slowly.

A beautiful white haired girl greeted her with a smile. “Hello, you must be Chi Chi. The King has told me much about you. I’m Sayuri, won’t you please come in?”

“Thank you” she said not surprised her father had spoken so much about her. One of his few flaws was he liked to brag too much. Chi Chi wasn’t one for attention, unless it was from Goku.

Sayuri motioned to what appeared to be a hand carved table in the corner. The chairs were surprisingly comfortable. Once Chi was seated Sayuri walked to the far corner. A fire was crackling, and she looked to be pulling a pot of some sort off it.

She took in the small home while she waited. There wasn’t much room to live in. It was modest and small. Many handmade utensils scattered about lead her to believe Sayuri preferred the simple life. There was one thing that stood out. It appeared to be a more recent photograph of Sayuri and a boy with lavender hair.

“He was a dear friend,” Sayuri interrupted her thoughts. “Sadly we lost touch some time ago. He had to leave suddenly.”

“I’m sorry,” Chi Chi said. “I wasn’t trying to pry.”

“Don’t be. Our friendship taught me a great lesson. If you care for something don’t let it go. So until then, I will await his return,” Sayuri said whipping a small tear from her face.

Chi Chi retrieved a napkin from the table and handed it to Sayuri. “Here you go,” she said kindly. It was obvious the woman had lost something important to her. She couldn’t picture the loss of her husband. Love was no strange emotion to her, she wasn’t suited for solitude. She felt incredibly sorry for the woman, and she hardly knew her.

Sayuri wiped the tears from her eyes and blew her nose. “Look at me,” she said admonishing herself. “I am hardly an effective keeper. Kaide would be scolding me if she were here. Let me tell you why you’ve come.”

She pulled a map from beside the table and spread it out. Chi Chi saw various houses marked and several lakes much like the one she was at now. This lake appeared to be different. A river lead from it and winded up the mountains. There was a cave drawn near the top. Sayuri pointed to it. “This is where the demon Niro lives. He usually keeps to himself, only coming out once a month for the offering ceremony. Lately he has been venturing down as far as the village. His temper is foul and he hurts anyone in his way.”

“Sounds charming,” Chi Chi said dryly. She turned to Sayuri with a confident smile. “Don’t worry, I can handle this. Your river will be swimming with fish again in no time.”

“Thanks,” Sayuri breathed with a sigh of relief. “You’re an angel.” She stretched her arms above her head and let out a yawn. “It’s getting late, you should rest up for tomorrow. Take the loft, I’ll be fine by the fire.”

“Oh not at all,” Chi Chi said rising from the chair. I’ve brought plenty of supplies, including
my tent. I’ll be just fine by the lake.”

“If you insist,” Sayuri said with a gracious smile. “If you need anything, feel free to ask.”

“Thanks,” Chi Chi said with a smile. She picked up her travel bag and hoisted it over her shoulder. The weight of the supplies inside seemed heavier now that her exhaustion from the day’s travel was finally sinking in. With a heavy sigh she walked outside and began the arduous task of setting up the tent.
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 40
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

What The Water Gave Me Empty Re: What The Water Gave Me

Post by Goku 8/20/2012, 12:54 am

The mountain wind bit at Goku's face and caused his hair to flutter wildly. He watched as his newest pupil, Uub, unleashed his spiritual energy. Uub was floating in the air, right above the rocky edifice that Goku stood on. All around them sentinel pines, looking like rows of emerald spears, threatened the heavens themselves. The sky was mostly clear, all for a few puffy clouds that puttered on by, not a care in the world.

Uub's aura flickered to life around him, bright white. The teen let out a cry as the power surged forth. Goku could feel his spiritual energy rising, and was quite surprised at the result. Uub's normally scrawny muscles began to harden and bulge with veins. Goku even saw one appear in his forehead.

“Easy, easy,” Goku instructed with a calm voice just loud enough to be heard over the roaring wind. “Not so fast, draw it out slower or you're going to hurt yourself.”

Upon hearing his Master's command, Uub's concentration cracked and he faltered. The aura dissipated around him and his formerly rigid limbs sagged to his side. He was out of breath.

“Sorry Sensei,” Uub said between gasps. He floated down and set upon the stone. “I'll do better next time.”

Goku nodded. “You've got the right idea and certainly enough power at your fingertips. We just need to work on your control. But, that can wait. For now, let us get something to eat.”

The flight down from the mountains was pleasant. Uub lagged behind slightly. Goku could tell he was tired from the morning drills. He slowed his own progress to fly alongside the boy. As they neared his house, Goku reached out with his spiritual sense, to see who was home.

Chi Chi is gone and so are the boys. I wonder.

Floating down, Goku landed before his front door and opened it. It was strange not hearing any of the normal day-to-day sounds.

“Sensei, there are notes on the table,” Uub said.

Goku had bee-lined straight for the fridge and began rummaging around. Both of his eyes widened when he found the prepared submarine sandwiches. There were four in total. Goku tossed Uub one and sat down at the table with three in front of him.

Uub slid the notes across so Goku could reed them. The Ox King, Chi Chi's father, had taken the boys. Goku smiled at the notion. They had always seemed to love their grandfather and Goku was glad for them to have a chance to get away. Ox King was one for fun activities, that he knew well. Part of him was sort of jealous. They were probably fishing, right now. Boy, he loved to go fishing.

Chi Chi was on some sort of errand for the Ox King. Being a princess, she often times took care of some of the obligatory duties of their small dominion.

The one thing that concerned him was at the bottom of the Ox-King's note. P.P.S. You might need Goku .

Chi Chi, despite having fallen into the roll as a house wife, was no slouch. She was a capable fighter and had superior intelligence. Goku couldn't keep up with her in any of the academic subjects. Sure, he was a better warrior, but sometimes she had surprised him with uncanny skill during their late night sparring sessions.

“Sensei?” Uub said.

Goku realized that he had been lost in his own thoughts. He was already done with his second sub, and not even feeling full. Uub still had one half of his sub left, and had worry etched across his face.

“It seems Chi Chi is up to something,” Goku said. “I wonder what. You haven't met my wife yet, have you?”

Uub shook his head and gulped nervously. “No, Sensei.”

“Well, we have to change that.”

“She's about yay high,” Goku said, holding his hand just above his chest line. “Black hair, and uh, she normally wears a dress.”

The Ohkii-Mizu fisherman gazed off at the glassy lake water, slowly turning his reel. Jerking the pole up, he aimed to set the hook. Apparently it had been a ghost bite. He sighed and looked over to Goku shrugging.

“I'd try the Keeper's hut, it's just over the hill.”

Uub bore an anxious expression on his face. The entire flight he had been asking Goku a hundred questions about Chi Chi. Goku didn't even remember half the things he had mentioned. He seemed afraid she wouldn't approve of him. Goku assured him that Chi Chi was a sweet woman and wouldn't harm a fly.

Sure, it wasn't one hundred percent true. At times she could be fiery and protective, but she had a great heart and always meant the best for everyone around her. She didn't hold anything back, especially for people she deemed self serving. The truth was, Goku wouldn't have given her up for the world. But, he needed to ease the boy, before he had a heart attack.

It was almost night. As they started up the hill and into the woods, Goku could only heard the sound of croaking frogs and the buzzing of grasshoppers. Sidestepping the bough of a pine, which had protruded too far into the trail, he spotted the top of the hut, which was concealed by the tall grass. Wispy streamers of smoke rose up from the stone chimney. It had a thatched roof, looking like a house out of ancient times.

With Uub right on his heel, he descended the hill, following the trail as it curved down towards the water. He spotted a tent next to the bank and a small campfire, still flicering. He knew it immediately as it was their family tent. The flap was open on the front and he could hear a rustling sound.

“Chi Chi,” Goku said, peering inside. “What'cha doing camping all the way out here?”

WC: 1,033
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi Chi 8/20/2012, 3:19 am

The night was approaching fast, and the sunset had tinted the sky a delicate hue of pink, with vibrant splashes of red clouds. The lake mirrored the colors on its glasslike surface. Within an hour from leaving the small shack Chi Chi had set up her makeshift shelter. The tent was secured, and she began to make her way slowly around the lake collecting little pieces of wood around the forest edge.

She brought back the tinder and placed it in her small pile of wood surrounded by rocks. Charging up a small amount of ki in her palm, she unleashed it and watched as the dried pieces of moss ignited. Within minutes she had a small but efficient fire build.

Deciding she couldn’t charge into a possible battle without a plan. She unzipped the tent flap and crawled inside, leaving it open, so the warmth of the fire could find its way in. Stretching along her pillows she pulled out a tablet and began scribbling possible methods of attack.

“Chi Chi,” Goku said, peering inside. “What'cha doing camping all the way out here?”

On reflex, Chi Chi pulled her fist back and struck with all her might. When the intruder hand landed with a thud a safe distance away she scrambled out of the tent ready to defend herself.

She looked to her intruder and gasped. Lying flat on his back, with a small trickle of blood coming from his mouth, lay Goku. A small boy with a terrified expression was at his side, attempting to shake him to his senses.

“Oh, honey,” she said. “Why do you always sneak up on me like that!”
She crouched down next to him and helped him to a sitting position.
“And here the kid looks terrified, is this your student?”

Chi Chi looked up at the boy, “I’m sorry if I frightened you, I’m normally not so jumpy. My name is Chi Chi, Goku’s wife, you must be his new student.”

After tending to wounds and catching up, Chi Chi told Goku why she was summoned to the small Village. “Apparently there is a demon here named Niro. He usually doesn’t bother people, but lately he has been harassing the villagers. Monthly offerings don’t seem to be enough. If this keeps up the villagers will starve.”

Chi Chi yawned loudly, and leaned on Goku. “There’s plenty of room in the tent for everyone,” she said sleepily. Not waiting for a response she climbed into her corner of the tent and pulled the covers up to her chin. As she began to drift off she felt a warm body crawl under the blanket beside her and wrap an arm around her waist.

Cuddling closer, Chi Chi tried her best to form an “I love you,” before falling into the sea of sleep.

Loud chirping woke Chi Chi up early the next morning. She gingerly removed Goku’s arm from around her waist and set off in search of some form of breakfast. Since there were no animals in sight Chi Chi resorted to using her surroundings to provide a meal.

She took off her shoes and rolled her pant legs up, wading thigh high into the water, she stood motionless and waited. After several minutes curious fish swam up to inspect the new object. Channeling a low amount of ki she released a pulse into the water stunning the fish around her. As they floated to the surface, she scooped them out and tossed them to the shore line. Chi Chi continued using this method until she had a considerable amount of fish piled on the shore.

She brought the small feast to the shoreline and built the embers back into flame. Using a method her father taught her Chi Chi tied strings of fish over the fire letting them slowly roast. The aroma was mouthwatering, and she soon found her stomach growling. She knew in a few moments she wouldn’t be alone.

Sure enough she saw her husbands ruffled hair poke through the tent flap as he exited the small sleeping quarter, his student, Uub, not far behind. Chi Chi delicately took down the first rows of fish and placed them on smooth stones she had washed and fashioned into plates. She handed one to each of the men before serving herself.

As she bit into the succulent fillet a delighted chill ran down her spine. Fresh food was always the best, and the fish was flaked to perfection. They ate and talked of the days plan to help the village. Little did they know, their plans were soon to be interrupted.

A low rumble resounded from the mouth of the river. It grew louder until the ground began to tremble. Chi Chi was worried the little shack would tip over, but it stood firm. From the mouth of the lake a large fin appeared to be speeding towards them.

Fearing for the safety of Sayiuri Chi Chi charged a large mass of ki and walked to the water’s edge. She released it in the form of a wall that raced towards the target. With a loud thud the water began to rage as the demon finally showed itself. Chi Chi instantly found herself happy that Goku had come.

The creature towered over the water. The face was unlike anything she had ever seen, large lips have way to a cavernous maw filled with teeth that were of a tiger fish, sharp and terrifying. Long catfish like tendrils flickered on either side of its mouth. His arms were slender tapering off into three large claws. What terrified Chi Chi the most was the second set of gaping jaws positioned where the stomach should be.

“Who hunts my kingdom,” the creature hissed. “Who hunts Niro’s food!”

Chi Chi crossed her arms in anger. “This land belongs to the Ox King, demon,” she snarled. “We’re going to give you one chance to leave this place, before we remove you.”

The demon let out a guttural cry of anger, and reached into the water to remove a boulder. “Pathetic humanssssss,” it hissed before throwing the boulder.

Chi Chi launched towards the massive rock, cutting it in half with a powerful blow. She followed with multiple strikes to break up the remainder of the boulder. Channeling her telekinetic energy she gathered the shards and launched the dozens of stone bullets towards his soft underbelly.

Turning towards her husband she gave a small frown, “A little help here?”
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 8/20/2012, 11:34 pm

Goku's nose was still a bit sore when Chi Chi sent out her pulse of spiritual energy into the water. Breakfast had been delicious, freshly roasted fish. Of course, Goku could have eaten about twenty more, but he wasn't going to complain. It was time to take care of the demon that had been plaguing Ohkii-Mizu for so long.

The wall she had generated parted the water, revealing the muck-laden bottom. Frothy waves reached for the skies. Heavy droplets splattered onto Goku and Uub, darkening their orange gi's. Within seconds the wall stopped as its target, the demon. The energy dissipated and the water came rushing together again, crashing and roaring.

The demon emerged, mad as hornet. Goku had seen many strange and creepy monsters, so its disturbing appearance was no surprise to him. However, Uub seemed horrified.

“Who hunts my kingdom?” the creature hissed. “Who hunts Niro’s food?”

Chi Chi crossed her arms in anger. “This land belongs to the Ox King, demon,” she snarled. “We’re going to give you one chance to leave this place, before we remove you.”

Giku couldn't help a smirk at his wife's determination. Uub had stepped forward, flanking his left. Goku glanced down at him. The teen were practically bulging out of his head. He didn't know if Uub was more afraid of the monster, of his wife. After Uub had witnessed her land a punch on him, and draw blood, the kid knew she had great strength.

The demon's claws began digging below the surface of the already muddy water. It produce a large algae laden boulder. “Pathetic humanssssss,” it hissed before hurling it at the group.

Goku tensed as watched it sail across the sky. He feared that it would hurt his wife he he didn't do something fast. But, little did he know, she had it well under control. In one smooth motion, she leaped into the air and cleaved the boulder in two with an axe kick. A blink of the eye later, she had diced the remnants into multiple shards and sent them flying Niro with a burst of telekinetic force.

“A little help here?” Chi Chi said as the rocks peppered the demon. It let out a deep growl and rushed forward, coming straight for Chi Chi.

“Uub, take him down,” Goku said.

He passed his wife a knowing look. The sort that let her know this was part of his training and not laziness out of Goku's part. Folding his arms, he watched as Uub flew over the water, aiming to intercept the demon. Niro raised one might claw, swiping it at him furiously. Banking hard in mid flight, the teen escaped by the skin of his teeth, landing a heel-strike on the bridge of the demon's nose.

Uub's blow caused Niro to let out a blood curdling shriek. It slunk beneath the surface of water, vanishing in the murky depths. The boy began to look around, his mohawk flopping around on his head.

Goku sighed. He was using his eyes, again, not relying on his senses to feel out the monster's spiritual energy. Niro emerged a few heartbeats later, leaping out of the water like a hungry shark. It's mouth was agape with long rows of razor sharp teeth glistening in the sun. A white aura flickered to life around him and he sent a yellow wave of spiritual energy into the demon's mouth. It exploded, punching out dozens of Niro's teeth. The demon turned away, managing to graze Uub's right leg with one of its sharp barbels.

Covered in spines, it shredded the bottom of Uub's gi and left behind a long crimson gash on his lower calf. The monster landed sideways into water, displacing a huge pillar of it into the air.

You can do this kid, Goku thought as he watched in anticipation.

Uub closed his eyes. It wasn't a necessary action, but Goku knew that it helped the boy feel what was around him instead of relying on his sight. Both of his brown eyebrows seemed to furrow as he caught onto the presence below. The teen cupped his hands in front of him before drawing them behind his back. Azure light began to glow between his hands, shimmering brighter than the morning sun.

“Ka-me-ha-me-ha!” Uub chanted as he finished gather the power necessary for the legendary Turtle Hermit attack.

Niro burst forth out of the water again, this time directly below Uub. The teen turned himself around in mid air, so he was upside down, and thrust both hand forward, unleashing the bright blue-white torrent of energy.

The energy wave entered through Niro's mouth and erupted out of the middle of his back. The beast went slack as it hit the water, sinking below. For what seemed like an eternity, all was silent as the water stilled. Then the demon floated back up to the top, bottom up—like any dead fish.

“Great job Uub!” Goku cheered. “That's how it's done.”

“Thanks Sensei,” Uub said and glided down, landing on the embankment.

“Well,” Goku said planting a kiss on Chi Chi's cheek and rustling Uub's hair. “I think a feast is in order, don't you?”

Goku took off the top of his gi and his boots, tossing them aside. He jumped into the muddy waters, swimming towards the corpse to retrieve it. This was going to be the world's biggest sea-food cookout in history and he simply could not wait.

The waters of lake Ohkii-Miizu were lukewarm, like some sort of perfect bath. They were a little muddy for Goku's taste, me much preferred clearer waters. He was an avid swimmer, diver, and fisherman. That didn't mean he wasn't enjoying his swim, however. Reaching the floating corpse of the demon, he dove under the surface, swimming down into the murky depths. Sunlight filtered through, in a soft haze.

Once he was below the beast, he began to swim forward, kicking his legs with all the gusto he could muster. It's body breached the water, flying into the air, and a half second later, Goku emerged beneath, holding its massive weight like it was nothing.

WC: 1,030
TWC: 2,063

Last edited by Goku on 8/23/2012, 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi Chi 8/21/2012, 4:56 pm

Chi Chi gave an impressed smile towards the young warrior Uub. It appeared her husband had taught him well in the ways of the turtle hermit. She hated to swallow her pride, but she had to admit their help came as a welcome alternative to tackling the demon solo.

“Well,” Goku said planting a kiss on her cheek and rustling Uub's hair. “I think a feast is in order, don't you?”

“Sounds like a wonderful plan to me,” she said beaming at him.”

Goku removed his shirt and boots and tossed them a safe distance away. Chi Chi admired her husband’s perfect physical form before he jumped into the muddy waters to retrieve the soon to be feast.

“I’m going to go have Sayuri round up the villagers,” she called.

In less than an hour Goku had the demon fish scaled and flayed. Not one to waste any bit of an animal, Chi Chi set Uub to work on crafting tools and weapons from the monster’s teeth, while she washed the scales. “These will make perfect plates for the villagers,” she said happily.

When all the prep work was done, Sayuri gathered volunteers to cook and dry half of the fish into jerky. She took a moment out of the huge workload to speak with the three travelers. “I wanted to thank you for everything you’ve done. We should have more than enough to get us through the coming winter.”

Chi Chi clapped Uub on the back. “Don’t thank us. This little guy here did the brunt of the fighting; he also made the weapons and tools for you. Hopefully the damage this beast has done can finally be repaired.”
Uub gave a sheepish grin before striking up a conversation with Sayuri.

Chi Chi let the two relax and made her way to the giant fire Goku managed to start. The remainder of the demon was skewered on giant tree limbs and roasting above the flames on a make shift device.

She gingerly made her way behind Goku and wrapped her arms around him in a soft embrace. “Thank you,” she said as she nuzzled his shoulder. “You’re always there when I need you most.”
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down