Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minor Things

4 posters

Go down

Minor Things Empty Minor Things

Post by Eilee 2/8/2012, 11:24 pm

Snooping around the site a little bit, I've noticed a few things here and there I thought I might point out, either to get clarified or suggest get changed. A little constructive criticism never hurts.

1.) For most of the attacks, when you learn a stronger version of a move, the other version no longer takes up a slot. The exceptions to this are as follows:
  • Chain Destructo Disk
  • Genocide Attack
  • Scatter Shot
  • Spirit Sword
  • Ultimate Kamehameha

Are these intentionally left out, or is it simply a problem a mistake? If it is, why are they left out? After all the Genki Dama ("Spirit Bomb") is relatively powerful and its weaker version doesn't take up a slot. I can't understand why, say, Scatter Shot wouldn't fall into that category.

2.) Could I suggest listing the Japanese names of the attacks? As you may know, a number of new fans might have been introduced to the series via Dragon Ball (Z) Kai, which primarily uses the original Japanese names, and a number of people (which seems to consist of myself on this site at the moment) are simply more comfortable using Japanese names. If you need information on what goes where, I'd be more than happy to help.

3.) On the attacks page, "Super Kamehameha" is spelled "Super Kamehamhea" under Ultimate Kamehameha

4.) At the moment, original attacks take up the normal move slots. I think this might hinder people's creativity if they want a specific set of moves from the series. Do you think it would be possible to simply have custom move slots?

5.) When Dragon Balls are stolen from another person, does that mean that they steal all of the Dragon Balls at the same time if they win, or just one of them and have to fight them again to take the rest? It seems to suggest that only one is taken on Earth's page for Dragon Balls.

6.) What's the point of having having a set of armor that's the exact same thing as another set, but weaker, like one of the sets on Vegeta? Wouldn't anyone with their head on straight simply save up for the better armor? Perhaps there should be some sort of upgrade system for the equipment to rectify this.

7.) Can a Saiyan's tail be grabbed? Perhaps it would be a good idea to implement this as a drawback to their Ozaru transformation -- until they master the transformation, the tail can be grabbed and they can be stunned for a single action, but you need to have in-character knowledge of the flaw to use it. But as a corollary, the Moon Ball skill shouldn't take up a slot so they can use it more freely.

8.) Xenos have a very similar racial benefit to humans, but the human one is clearly just plain better, since they gain a static amount of TP -- equivalent to a full 25% bonus to TP when they level up with the maximum amount of TP gained. May I suggest increasing the amount of Zeni they gain from role plays by a similar amount?

9.) It should be clarified what a Namekian can and can't regenerate from. For instance, on the site, it says that an amputated limb is a mortal wound and they're able to recover from major wounds. Namekians have been shown capable of regenerating from holes through their chest, amputated limbs, and Piccolo once recovered from being essentially cleaved lengthwise when Trunks broke his statue. They're stated to be able to recover so they as they have the strength and their head's intact. Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a static fatigue point gain for regeneration, like 10 FP for a minor wound, 20 for moderate, 30 for major and 50 for mortal. It also causes Nail's power to drop when he regenerates his arm, so perhaps adding a 10%~20% drop in stats for a turn after regenerating from a major or mortal wound would be a good way of helping to balance it.

10.) The 15% endurance boost for Namekians strikes me as a bit odd, especially when they start out with extra agility. Perhaps the regeneration should be their only ability, or maybe something like regaining 1~2 FP per turn (or around 1% of their maximum?) would fit in line with the regeneration better.

11.) Piccolo Daimao still isn't on the taken characters page. D:

12.) I'd suggest adding a full list of site NPCs, so that people don't get those confused with canon characters that simply aren't on the list at the moment.

13.) The maximum reward you can earn from a spar is 130 XP and 600 Zeni, and that's if you're in an alliance. A role play of the same length would net you 160 XP and 800 Zeni at the absolute minimum if you're RPing alone and don't earn a quality bonus. Shouldn't a spar provide an equal or greater amount of XP since you're fighting? Similarly, battles also earn less base rewards than a normal role play.

13.) When you spare an opponent in battle, you get +15 hero points. If you kill them, you get +15 villain points. I suggest that this change to being a situational thing, like it is when you get a non-quest RP graded. For instance, a hero killing someone who couldn't be stopped through any other means wouldn't make them a villain, and a villain sparing someone because they simply aren't worth their time doesn't make them a hero.

14.) At the moment, item creation is very limited, and you can't create, say, a usable item, or something that has an effect that doesn't boost stats. I suggest more leeway with this so that more unique items can be created, but if it has a special effect, it shouldn't boost any stats, or increase gained experience. It's also impossible to create equipment that covers two parts of the body at once, despite the fact there are several items that do just that.

15.) There's a grammar mistake on the Soulforging page. For "The Guardian" it says "Increases endurance by 10%. in battle." where as the others are worded without the period between the 10% and battle.

16.) Does the rule that says that says that your attributes must be at least 10% of your highest attribute apply to base stats, or stats with items equipped?

17.) The Bakurikimaha is listed as a ball when it's actually a wave.

18.) Kiai-ho can also be used without any movement involved. Goku and Freeza both use the technique this way during their fight, and it's presumably what Piccolo used to destroy the cameras at the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai.

19.) There's actually a different attack called the "Makosen", and it's a beam that Piccolo Daimao uses against Goku in their first fight. The technique the image is shown for is never named in the series or guidebooks, but it's called "Light Grenade" in the video games, and "Gekirestu Kodan" in the Japanese versions of them. For what it's worth, it's actually a ball a wave, though it starts out as a ball.

20.) Similarly, the first Namekian transformation is listed as "Kyodaika" when the actual term is "Choukyoushinjutsu" (yes, it's a mouthful). It translates literally to "Super Giant Body Technique", though "Giant Form" is the transliteration that's generally used in video games. It's a common bit of misinformation. Kyodaika is just a general term for enlargement, and it's understandable why the mistake is actually made -- Piccolo actually uses that word when referring to himself after using the technique. The attack name is only listed in a chapter title, an episode title, and a few guidebooks.

21.) I advise not linking someone to the Dragon Ball Wiki on the roster page. In fact, the only wikis based on a series I'd ever give someone a link to are the Transformers Wiki and Wookiepedia, and that's because Transfans and Star Wars fans have minimal misinformation and rumors when it comes to their series. (though they both have large amounts of plot holes and/or retcons) It's riddled with all sorts of crap. On the other hand, Kanzentai, a more reputable fansite, has a nigh complete character guide translated from a Japanese guidebook if you need an alternative. It's only missing a handful of characters that have debuted after it was written, such as the folks from GT and the couple of specials that have been made since then.

22.) When you pick a Yemma Fruit, can you save it for later, or do you have to eat it immediately after finding it? Also, does it just provide you with just enough XP to level up twice if you have a bit of XP going toward your level, or does it increase XP by enough to level up twice with the remainder left over after leveling? (sorry if that's worded strangely)

23.) In the article for Otherworld, Makaioshins is plural when it's written as a possessive ("Makaioshin's"). It's also notable that it doesn't translate to "demon lords"; it's literally just the Japanese name for Supreme Kais with "Ma" (the kanji for "demon") slapped onto it. So, maybe you'd call them Supreme Makai or Dark Makai? Something like that.

Sorry if this all is a little nitpicky, but that's the kind of person I am. ^^;
Eilee
Eilee
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 25
Race: Hybrid

http://www.kiyza.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Minor Things Empty Re: Minor Things

Post by Izon 2/9/2012, 12:35 am

I can answer some of these for you.

2. Most people don't know the japanese names and very few have seen the japanese version, and also not all of the techs in kai are in their japanese names.

4. Every 5 levels you get +1 to your attack slot up to max of 12. So there are ample spots for techs.

5. I do believe they are all stolen, but I'm not 100% sure.

6. The different "tiers" of armor as so you can get certain ones sooner so you can get into the action faster and as you get more powerful and have the funds, then buy more powerful ones.

9. It's already explained what they can and can't regenerate based on what the damage is in the combat section near the bottom.

10. Regeneration isn't all that powerful so adding something useful like a boost is better. And having FP regeneration I think is a bit too powerful. The boost in endurance shows the namekians resilience. So it only has an rp effect really. They can take a harder hit.

12. As of right now, there are no real site NPCs.

14. Much is still being done. A simple system was what they were going for at the start. And unique item creation isn't the easiest system to come up with and make it easy for everyone to do.

16. base stats

20. it doesn't have to be exact what's in the series. This is a fan based game with the creator's own ideas. Besides Kyodaika is cooler and easier to say than Choukyoushinjutsu.

In the end, the terms, names and what not are not important. It's the stories the players come up with. You can use the actual japanese names if you'd like in your rps and even make note of them in your wiki and character page.

So in the end, have fun with what you are comfortable with More I am sure will be added over time including a more indepth and extensive item creation system (it's just difficult to make it balanced)
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 56
Race: Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 2/9/2012, 12:38 am

1) I made these this way intentionally.
2) People are free to use the Japanese names of the techniques if they wish. I wouldn't stop them.
3) Typo. Thanks!
4) This was intentional as well.
5) You can take them all. I will clarify that.
6) Some people might start on that planet so cheaper armor sets might benefit them.
7) I never thought this was important. It fall under a Grapple attempt, which actually immobilizes you anyway. As far as the moon ball, I might mull that one over.
I might consider this one.
9) They can recover from a major wound and also can recover amputated limbs. I think that's pretty clear and a fair enough racial benefit.
10) Endurance is the ability to withstand punishment, being able to regenerate would aide in that, hence the 15% bonus.
11) I forgot
12) I might do this.
13) Spars aren't supposed to be better, because you can do them WHILE RPing. And, you can do two at a time. They might even be too good. And, with something I'm about to add to the RPG, they'll be even better.
14) It's not item creation, it's equipment creation. I never wrote anywhere that you can make custom items. And, it's not that those items cover two parts of the body (well battle jumpers do,) but most of them are an outfit. It says in Character Guide equipment rules that you could have a Martial Arts Gi, but just wear legs portion piece if you so wished.
15) Typo. Thanks!
16) Just base stats.
17) Okay, that's good to know, I can fix that one.
18) Okay, I can alter the description on that one.
19) The site I referenced had english name as Light Grenade and the japanese name as Masoken. I didn't like the name Light Grenade though, plus I've always know it as Masoken.
20) Giant Form sounds dumb and Choukyoushinjutsu is a mouthful. I think Kyodaika is a much better name.
21) Well, DB wiki has a picture and some information about each character on the Untaken Character's page. I think it's a great reference.
22) It levels you up twice. Doesn't matter how much XP it takes. So, it's best to use it strategically. It's also a consumable item, so it doesn't become "used item" until you decide to use it.
23) They're called Makaioshins on DBZ sites I used as reference. So I dunno.
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Frieza 2/11/2012, 10:16 pm

Fighting Prowess
You gain +50 AP when you win a battle and +25 AP when you lose a battle.
Prerequisites: None

Technical Genius
You gain +25 TP when you win a battle and +12 AP when you lose a battle.
Prerequisites: None

Should the Technical Genius loss bonus be for +12 TP and not +12 AP? Just an educated guess since Fighting Prowess would give +25 AP compared to +12 AP.
Old Frieza
Old Frieza
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 2/11/2012, 11:59 pm

Ah good stuff.
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff