Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My RPG Maker VX Game - Gladius: The Legend

Go down

My RPG Maker VX Game - Gladius: The Legend Empty My RPG Maker VX Game - Gladius: The Legend

Post by Goku 3/14/2012, 12:26 am

My RPG Maker VX Game - Gladius: The Legend Bannereke

The legend retold...

Story

In my version of BenKo's Legend of the Gladius you play as Seth Radcliffe and Jack Kelso, young and ambitious mercenaries looking for work. They come to the mountain town of Geddes, which is being terrorized by a werewolf, to slay it for a bounty. They discover that the beast can only be harmed by True Silver, rare metal. To that end, they must retrieve the Gladius, a magical sword made of the substance. The Gladius is rumored to be sealed away in the nearby Forbidden Forest, a mysterious and dangerous place. To make it through the forest they need the help of a guide and go after the sorceress Liza who has extensive knowledge of the forest's reaches.

For those of you that don't know, the original Legend of the Gladius has the main villain as an ogre. In mine I changed it to be a werewolf. I wanted to mix it up and give more importance to retrieving the magical sword Gladius, as I thought it made no sense to need a special sword to kill a mere ogre.

This is my first completed game with VX. It has been a fun learning experience. I tried a lot of different things, explored mapping and eventing.The game is short, perhaps 1-3hrs at the most. All characters are capped at lv.10. There are three dungeons to explore: the Geddes sewers, the Forbidden Forest and the Wolf's Lair and a handful of side quests that can earn you both coin and experience points.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating it.

Characters
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Download

Version 2.0.0

Patch Notes:

• Wraiths no longer paralyze.
  • The battle system is no longer wait gauge battle. I've found most people do not like it and feel like it is punishing. So, it's now battle scene redux by Yanfly, using the default battle system.
  • I fixed some passability issues.
  • I fixed the fish selling side quest so that you now need to have fish in your inventory to sell them to people.
  • I fixed the rat side quest. After acquiring the Gladius you can no longer get the side quest.
  • I reduced the HP of some of the monsters in the sewers.

RTP ALREADY INSTALLED

This file does not contain the RTP(run time package.) You must first have the RMVX RTP installed to play.

Click Here to Download

NO RTP INSTALLED

This file does contain the RTP(run time package.) You must install it first before you launch the game.

Click Here to Download

Please, if you find any glitches or bugs let me know. I tested the game extensively but I figure that I may have missed some.

Last edited by Crono on 4/4/2012, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

My RPG Maker VX Game - Gladius: The Legend Empty Re: My RPG Maker VX Game - Gladius: The Legend

Post by Goku 4/4/2012, 2:51 pm

I just added the game's info on here.
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down