Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeraph attempts to climb Korin's Tower

Go down

Jeraph attempts to climb Korin's Tower Empty Jeraph attempts to climb Korin's Tower

Post by Khaos 4/24/2012, 2:42 am

Korin's Tower

Easy Quest

Requirement: None

Reward: 1,000 zeni
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeraph had just finished off the remaining android guardian at the hidden laboratory in the almost uninhabited Northern circle of the planet. He was just about ready to leave, and fly south back to Southern City in hopes to find another tournament to enter when he received a radio transmission over his ear bud radio.

"Bulma to Jeraph" the female voice said.

"This is Jeraph, reading you loud and clear" Jeraph responded quietly.

"Did you encounter any trouble from the scientist?" Bulma inquired.

"The scientist had already created some of androids, he was using them as a patrol of guards" Jeraph answered plainly.

"In that case gather any pieces of the androids you can and bring them to Capsule Corporation please, and we want a full report on their abilities and capabilities as well please" Bulma commanded.

"I thought all I had to do was find the base, and your teams would do the rest. I wasn't expecting to have to fight, and I wasn't planning on coming back, but I'll gather everything I can and bring it to you? Jeraph answered as he lowered to the ground below.

Jeraph began to gather up the remaining pieces of the androids, he gathered every piece he could find. Several arms, legs, hands, feet, what appeared to be an energy core, and even two heads. What really bothered him though was he couldn't find anything from the "super" android he had defeated last. There was nothing of it's original form, or secondary form to be seen.

Jeraph finished gathering the parts, and began to replay the battle in his mind, as he flew back into the air. As he reached the proper altitude he began to fly south towards Central City. Lost in his thoughts he was unaware that he still had the wounds from the battle, and that his clothing was still torn, ripped, and burned.

The air began to grow warmer the further south he flew, Jeraph was in a hurry so he used Powered Flight to cover the distance faster than he was. Eventually he could see Central City, the largest city on earth. He lowered his trajectory, which caused him to fly through a few clouds, leaving his hair and clothing damp. He eventually closed in on the city, and finally Capsule Corp.

Jeraph allowed the flight to come to an end landing on the sidewalk directly in front of the large office of the corporation. He ascended the steps, and reached his right hand out to open the door. It was at this moment that he remembered the injuries, because as he reached out every spot on his body he had been hit by the androids screamed with pain. He managed to grit his teeth and open the door, he quickly walked inside and shut the door behind him.

"Oh, Mr. Jeraph, the scientists and Bulma are waiting in the lab, it's the third door on the right once you are inside the main offices" The pretty receptionist explained.

Jeraph just nodded in response as he walked past carrying the parts of the androids. He walked up the steps to the door that lead to the office area of the building, and it instantly opened in front of him.

"Upgraded your inner door?" Jeraph inquired from the receptionist.

"Yes sir we did." She responded to his question.

Jeraph entered the long hall way and made his way to the research laboratory, where Bulma and three aged scientists were waiting. Immediately when he entered the lab he was instructed to set the parts down on the examination table, which he did. Then he went into the battle, and the androids powers, and abilities.

It took him roughly the next hour to recall every bit of information he could about the guardians he had encountered. Then he went into the last one that took the other androids energy cores, and two of their arm cannons and made himself a super android.

"Very frightening, this scientist must be stopped" Bulma exclaimed.

"We concur" The scientists all said in unison.

"I could do it" Jeraph retorted.

As Jeraph said he was willing to go back to stop the androids creator, the scientist and Bulma noticed his injuries.

"That would be fine, but first you need to go see Korin" Bulma responded.

"Who is Korin?" Jeraph asked.

"He is the guardian of earth. He grows the legendary senzu beans which will heal all your wounds, and also brews sacred water, which will make you stronger" Bulma explained.

"Where would I find this Korin then?" Jeraph inquired again.

"He lives on a tower, about sixty kilometers north of here. You can't miss it, but be warned he doesn't like lazy people, so you must find a way to prove yourself to him" Bulma answered and explained to him.

"In that case, May I take my leave?" Jeraph asked.

"Yeah, please hurry though we need to put a stop to this scientist soon" Bulma said to Jeraph.

With that Jeraph left the laboratory and the offices, smiling to the receptionist as he walked past. Once outside he immediately flew towards the sky, the rush of ki broke some tree limbs, made the grass bend, and even knocked down a few of the local humans that were walking by. He took off towards where he had been told the tower was located.

Finally he approached a large tower, that appeared to have been made by a sentient being, but he wasn't sure if the rumors of Korin were true so he decided to fly to the top of the tower. It didn't take long for him to reach the top, which housed a platform. On the platform was a small modest house, and what appeared to be a greenhouse. Jeraph landed on the platform and began to look around, when he was approached by a cat walking on it's hind legs, and using a walking stick.

"You took the express way up here" the cat said in plain english sounding annoyed.

"I'm sorry, but I wanted to check on the rumors of a guardian" Jeraph explained not surprised by the cat at all.

"Well you can take your leave now that you have seen that I do exist" the cat answered dryly.

Jeraph not wanting to piss off the guardian any further he flew off immediately. Once over the edge of the platform, he floated down towards the earth below. As he landed on the firm earth, Jeraph began to contemplate how to prove his worth to the cat guardian above. He began eyeing the tower as he thought. The tower looked smooth, but had what appeared to be hand holds placed in places all the way up, as far as the eye could see.

It didn't take him long to figure out that the proving task was to climb the tower from base to platform. He hadn't had a good look at the platform to see if there was a hatch or anything to exit onto the platform. This fact didn't stop Jeraph, as he walked to the base and began to climb, placing his hands and feet onto and into the holds built in.

The tower itself was several thousand feet tall, and the climbing was rough. Several times Jeraph's injuries got the better of him and he fell back towards earth. Instead of flying to where he had fallen, Jeraph landed back on the earth below and would start the climb all over again. This happened from various heights, and each time the climb was tougher on Jeraph but he never faltered and would always start the climb again.

Eventually Jeraph reached the platform, and circled the tower looking for an entrance. He never found an entrance, but he did find some bars that he could use like monkey bars to reach the edge of the platform, he began to hand over hand. This going was slow due to his injuries and he didn't want to fall again, and have to climb it from the top.

The moisture he had on his body, had frozen leaving a slight ice cover all over him, his hair was matted and frozen in place. He was out of breath and near collapse when he reached the edge of the platform. He searched and discovered he had to pull up and use one hand to grab the edge and then bring the other one up, he attempted to do this but the injuries almost caused him to fall again.

Finally he managed to pull himself up and on top of the platform, where the cat was waiting for him.

"Very good, you have proven your worth, you must be exhausted and your injuries look bad" the cat spoke once again, this time more friendly.

All Jeraph could do was muster the energy for a nod in response.

"Well that is fine, I am Korin, the keeper of the Senzu beans and sacred water" the cat said in response.

This was the last thing Jeraph heard before he blacked out. Immediately he began dreaming of the battle with the androids, the strange way that the final android had completely disappeared. His dream remembered every blast of ki that had made contact with his body, which had caused the injuries he currently had.

WC 1555
Khaos
Khaos
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 38
Race: Hybrid

Back to top Go down