Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Path of Cleansing complete

Go down

Path of Cleansing complete Empty Path of Cleansing complete

Post by Khaos 5/7/2012, 7:29 pm

Path of the Cleansing

Easy Quest

Requirement: None

Reward: 1,000 zeni and +10 Hero Points
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeraph had been searching for the tree that yielded the Yemma fruit for several hours after reaching Other World. The lush forest of the spirit realm was not unlike forests on earth. The trees were immense in size, some stretching thirty or more feet skyward. The smells were different, more sweet, some of them even so sweet that Jeraph wanted to lay down and sniff the air.

The flowers though were where the major differences were. They were bold colored, all of them were very large, and every one was at least two colors. There were no bees for pollination, the flowers seemed almost like a genetic experiment. His past deeds were still fresh on his mind, the battle with Crono being a major one. The fact that he maimed the fire headed teen with the Slicing Attack, the fact that he has caused the teen to lose control of his powers, all weighed heavily on Jeraph's mind.

His own death was there as well, he had completely caused his own death. He pushed Crono to the brink of losing control, and it completely backfired. He was trying to train and learn, not get himself killed. He had no idea that when he got to King Kai's planet, if he would be even able to convince the being to train him. He also had plans to visit his home world, but with his deeds he wasn't sure if he would be allowed in.

As he continued to semi search the forest for the tree that bloomed with the golden fruit, he was approached by what appeared to be a demon. The demon was red like most of the others he had seen, but this one had a halo and an odd glow to it. It's entire demeanor was that unlike a demon very much so. As he approached his walk, and body language was friendly and very nonthreatening.

"Can I help you?" Jeraph called out to the approaching demon.

The demon growled in response "I believe I can help you."

"What do you mean?"Jeraph asked in disbelief.

"There is something weighing heavily on your mind, I can help." The demon responded.

"How did you know that?" Jeraph asked sounding a little frightened.

"It's written on your face, plus you are projecting your thoughts loud enough that any one could hear them." the demon replied honestly.

"How do you think you can help me?" the shin and demon hybrid asked yet another question.

"Well I was like you sort of. I had done some terrible deeds that left me wondering if I was able to do anything other than go to hell. Much like you I was approached by a stranger, the one that approached me was a Shin though. He explained that the Shin's had created a cleansing machine, it would wash away sins up to a certain point, and allow me a chance at being better than I was." The demon explained.

"So what does this have to do with me?" Jeraph asked.

"I'm offering to show you this machine, and allow you to absolve some of your sins. It will ensure you are allowed to train with King Kai, and by looking at you also ensure you are welcome home." The demon responded.

"Why would you be willing to help a stranger?" Jeraph asked.

"My name is Helios." The demon said. "There we are no longer strangers."

"I'm Jeraph, but that still didn't answer my question." Jeraph said bluntly.

"Let us just say it will help add some good karma." Helios responded. "Now come on, the water might be cold by the time we arrive.

With that Helios turned and began to lead the way. The traversed through the forest that Jeraph had been searching for the fruit in. The passed over a bubbling brook. In the water were small fish. The fact that everything seemed to have an after life didn't escape Jeraph. In the forest he had seen animals of all kinds, some he recognized like birds, bears, deer, and rabbits, others he did not.

The ones he did not recognize seemed more akin to cattle but had armor plating, some were horses with humps, and even others looked like giant flying cats. The massive woods seemed to stretch on for eternity. Jeraph and the demon were walking through a semi worn path. More like a game trail than a foot trail.

The trail zig and zagged around trees that could have been a house in there own right, it went around lakes, through streams, it even cut through a field of flowers that were taller than any being Jeraph had encountered including the ogres and King Yemma. The flowers on the stalks were bright yellow, much like the sun flowers of earth, yet flecked with red tiger stripes.

The flower's had a unique smell even compared to the other flowers in the forest. Each flower smelled like a mix of honey, absinthe, and a sour green apple. Each stalk had rose like thorns dotting it. The complete lack of insects slipped Jeraph's mind due to the natural beauty of everything. Even the sky seemed bluer than on earth. It almost caused Jeraph to forget the cleansing machine.

The demon never faltered in leading Jeraph though, he knew where hidden holes were so as to not step in them. He knew what to avoid because of what was inside of them, caves in the earth, hollowed out tree trunks, even certain bushes. As the pair walked the demon known as Helios in the lead and Jeraph close behind, they neared what seemed to be a massive mountain side.

The mountain was red almost like Oklahoma clay dirt. It wasn't a dark deep red, it was more of a rust red. The path ended directly at the base of this massive rock structure. The duo approached the base. Jeraph spotted another path leading up the side of the mountain, it didn't look too difficult to traverse. Along with the path along the side of the mountain there was scattered shrubbery, some jagged boulders sprouting out from the side.

There was what appeared to be some exotic version of big horn sheep, and mountain goats springing from boulder to boulder, some of the shrubs were flowering with pretty pink blossoms mixed with purple dots. The look of the blossoms was very similar to cherry blossoms. The smell was akin to honey suckle, the air was whipping down the mountain at a decent speed, and carrying the smell to the bottom.

"That cave is where we are heading." Helios said pointing to the mouth of a cave.

As Jeraph followed where the demon's finger was aiming, it dawned on him that this could be a trap. He didn't want to believe it was, because he really hoped to get some of the bad he had done washed away, but at the same time the machine being hidden inside a cave didn't sit well with him. He allowed himself to get a little on edge, but didn't show it. He didn't want to appear rude, or even let the demon know he suspected the trap if it was.

The demon began to ascend the mountain side, the process was slower going than Jeraph had thought it would be. The trail was broken in several places, and blocked by some giant boulders in others. The animals on the mountain side didn't seem to like their presence, but none of them tried anything the just hopped away.

Eventually the two did arrive at the mouth of the cavern, inside Jeraph could see a line of virtually every race imaginable. There were Changelings, Namekians, Demons, Shin, Earthlings, some races that he didn't know the name of. They were all lined up side by side, in rows of 3. They were moving slowly, like a line at a theme park, but instead of a ride, they were waiting to walk into a giant machine. The machine its self had steam coming from it, and the sound of water could be hear rushing through it.

Jeraph understood immediately what was going on, he knew he had to wait in line, then step into the machine. He allowed his guard to drop back down. What he wasn't clear on was how the water did anything to help his spiritual sins. He was pondering this question when he realized he was almost at the entrance to the machine. He decided now it was time to just ask.

"How does the water work?" Jeraph asked Helios.

"I'm not sure exactly but the Shin told be the water was blessed some how." Helios answered like he knew that question was coming.

"How did you know it worked?" Jeraph asked the next logical question.

"You will feel it working, plus your mind will be more at ease." The little red demon answered.

Jeraph was almost going to ask another question when he realized it was his turn. He stepped into the machine, a mechanical door closed behind him. A whirring sound began next, and jets of water sprayed him from every angle. There was jets from underneath, the sides, above him, everything. The water was warm, but it was a natural warmth, like a hot springs.

The water began to coat his body, and immediately it caused his body to tingle. The tingling didn't feel bad, it felt great and refreshing. As it continued to run down Jeraph's body all of his worries seemed to be washing away with it. He realized that he wasn't a bad person for pushing Crono to the edge. He also realized that he was trained to battle, not to fight for sport.

The door on the other side opened and the water shut off allowing Jeraph to walk out. He did so. As soon as he exited the machine he was dry, but he felt a hell of a lot better. He knew he would be allowed to go to the area's he wanted and to train with King Kai now. He also knew that when he went back to earth he would be stronger than before. He could feel it in his soul.

WC 1700
Khaos
Khaos
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 38
Race: Hybrid

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum