Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goku Takes A Student (Open RP)

4 posters

Go down

Goku Takes A Student (Open RP) Empty Goku Takes A Student (Open RP)

Post by Goku 7/18/2012, 8:25 pm

The summer sun cast its harsh rays upon Son Goku's little plot of land. The fighter stood shirtless, beads of sweat trickling down his chiseled chest and arms. Every muscle had definition on his body, and he was solid as marble, as if he were the epitome of the ancient gods men used to worship. The only flaw was his seemingly unruly hair, which despite constant combing, could never be tamed.

Each punch he made displaced the air with an audible whoosh.

Then again, Goku had always been a wild one. He lived at the farthest edge of civilization and spent most of his days exploring the wilderness around his home. It's not that he wasn't friendly, but he never liked people too much. His Grandpa had lived in a remote location too, in the quiet of the woods and hills. Goku had grown up living off the land and training. Later on, when he had lived with Master Roshi, it was upon a small island in the middle of the ocean. It was a matter of comfort for him to be surrounded by nature.

The city was just too crowded and very noisy. Besides, being as strong as he was, the cramped quarters made him nervous. He could easily break the fragile buildings if he unleashed a mere portion of his power. It wasn't a lack of control that he felt he had, he just preferred to be more safe than sorry.

After finishing his training regime, he walked over to a nearby oak tree. A towel, his gi top and a jug of water lay in the shade. Popping the cap off the jug, he guzzled down water. It was cool and he could feel his moisture slowly seeping into his dry throat and tongue. After patting the sweat off with the towel, he slid the shirt on, tucking it into his pants. Yanking the ends of his belt, he pulled the knot tight.

He was ready to go. But, to where? That was the question.

Goku had already done all his chores for the day and tended to the garden. His wife was catering to his sons, who were in the middle of schooling. She preferred he stayed outside while they did their schoolwork. They saw him as a source of adventure and fun, which was a detriment to their focus.

Rubbing his chin, he wondered if it would be best to go fishing, but remembered he had done that the previous two days. Maybe he could visit Krillin or Korin? Those two were always a hoot.

I wish I had someone to train with, like the old days. Everyone is doing their own thing now, Goku thought as he walked through the long grass towards his yard. He missed companionship. Bulma had the Capsule Corporation to run. Yamcha had died in battle and Krillin was doing—who knows what. Or, better yet, if I had a student I could train them to become strong.

Goku, often a man of impulse, immediately loved the notion. A student could occupy some of his free time and give him a chance to share the thing he loved the most—martial arts. But, where would he find a student? He didn't really know.

Well, there's always the city, isn't there?

At the edge of his yard, where the grass was cut short, there was a giant log that he had cloven in half vertically, and laid to a fire pit. Often times his family would go out there at night, sit on it, and roast marshmallows. He plopped down on the hardwood. Resting his elbow on his thigh, he cupped his face in his hand, unintentionally taking the thinking man's pose. His mind raced with thoughts.

In the back of his house, he had a small workshop. With an excited haste, he entered and began pulling pieces of lumber from the loft above. It wouldn't take long to make a sign. He didn't even use a saw to cut the boards. Instead he slid his index finger across the grains while sending out precise crackling edge of spiritual energy.

It was a clean slice and left the edge of the board darkened, as if it had been cut by a laser. He drove the nails in with his fists and within a minute he had himself a sign bigger than him. He shook up a cannister of black spray paint and began began to spray.

The letters had come out crude, at best. But,they conveyed the message.

FREE MARTIAL ARTS LESSONS.

JUST LAND ONE PUNCH.

Goku had planned to use just a portion of his power. If anyone was fast enough to land a punch on him, he would take them on as a student. It was genius. Giving one final glance sign, he couldn't help the proud grin that crossed his face.

Setting his sign up against the house, he opened the front door and poked his head inside

“Chi Chi!” Goku shouted. “I'm going to the city to find a student to train. Be back before dark!”

Grabbing his sign, he slung it over his shoulder and flew off, the clouds parting as he soared into the blue sky. Orange Star City was the closest city to where Goku lived. At the excited pace he was flying, it took him no time to arrive.

Below, tall spires rose up to challenge the clouds themselves. The glass windows reflected with shimmering gold from the rays of the sun. There was a large park in the heart of the city. Many athletes and students went there to enjoy a bit of nature and to exercise. He couldn't think of a better place to make his post.

Not wanting to startle anyone, he floated down into a thicket of trees. Emerging, he took his position next to a black stone obelisk with babbling fountains surrounding it.

Now, it was a matter of waiting for the first challenger to arrive.

WC: 997
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Goku Takes A Student (Open RP) Empty Re: Goku Takes A Student (Open RP)

Post by Chi Chi 7/20/2012, 3:00 am

The scratching of pencils on paper were the only sounds to be heard in the Son dining room. Chi Chi had always had a hard time getting her children to study, but today they seemed to be determined. She on the other hand, found herself dreamily gazing out the window at her husband’s glistening figure, as he finished his daily training.

He was perfect in every way, right down to his unruly hair. Sure their relationship had its rough spots. Goku made a habit out of running off to battle. Once she had even though she lost him for good, but somehow fate intervened, and Goku was granted permission to return to her. She was grateful every day, even if sometimes he drove her up the wall. (Not that she would ever admit it to him.)

With a dreamy sigh, she dismissed the children and headed to the sink to finish the rest of the day’s dishes, glancing at her husband every now and then. As she finished the mundane task, the slamming of the back door alerted her to the company that had just arrived.
She looked up in time to see her father coming from the hallway, a large grin plastered across his face. “How are you today, Princess?” His question was followed by a small kiss on the cheek.

She smiled as his gruff beard tickled her face. “We’re doing good today, Dad,” She said with a smile. “The boys just finished their lessons.”

“That’s good, honey.” He said with a smile.

“Chi Chi!” Goku’s voice echoed outside. “I'm going to the city to find a student to train. Be back before dark!”

Chi Chi felt her frustration mounting. She walked to the door to holler after him, but he was already gone. Noting the all too familiar look on his daughter’s face, the Ox King let out a low chuckle and patted a large hand on her shoulder.

“You know, Princess,” he said in a soft voice. “I haven’t had much time with the kids. Why don’t you go follow Goku and I’ll take them to my place for a few days.”

“I don’t know, Dad. I have house work to finish and the kids need to get more studying done.” She sighed and looked out the window. “Kai only know what kind of trouble he could get himself into.”

“I can finish up the house for you in no time while they pack.”

She bit her lower lip weighing the possibilities. “Alright, if you’re sure about it I don’t mind.”

“Absolutely, tell Goku I said hello.” he said with a smile, and walked off to find the children.

Not knowing how long she’d be gone Chi Chi decided to pack some snacks and a few bottles of water. Goku was always running off to pursue his next great idea, but he always seemed to forget his main problem, he was always hungry.

After packing the appropriate supplies, Chi Chi said her goodbyes and made her way to Orange Star. Why Goku would set out to find a student so late in the afternoon was beyond her. Then again, it really wasn’t out of the ordinary, he was always following some wild notion.

At least I know where to find him, she thought.

In the heart of the city there was a large bustling park Goku would often take her to for training. She knew her chances of finding him there were higher than anyplace else. Sure enough, as she made her way towards the large center, she saw him standing with a sign.

She squinted her eyes and was able to make out the choppy hand carved letters.

JUST LAND ONE PUNCH.

She smiled and approached him, noting the curious expression at her appearance. “Dad stopped by and took the boys,” she said. She pointed to the sign, “I don’t think you’ll get much notice with just a sign. You didn’t think this through did you, Einstein? If you want people to come to you, you have to give them a reason.”

She set down her belongings and walked out into an open space. She began pulling gently at her limbs, stretching so as not to pull a muscle. When she was finished, she took her favored stance and faced her husband. “You can’t catch a fish without bait,” she called. “Come give them a show, unless you’re scared I’ll land a punch.” She said teasingly.
--------------------------------------------------
WC: 745
Chi Chi
Chi Chi
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 40
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 7/20/2012, 2:57 pm

Iric walked around the city. He had never been to Earth before, so every chance he got, he was out exploring. He knew there had to be strong warriors here. Izon was from Earth and he knew the man had twice his power. He pulled out his cell phone. No missed calls, no messages. It was late afternoon. He was often left to his own devices. Cira and Muscles were no match for him. Izon was too busy to train. As a matter of fact, he was getting paid for doing nothing. He felt weak and useless. Even as a child, he was productive.

The cloak Izon had given him flowed through the wind. It was a gift from his master, but he didn't want it. Iric wasn't too happy to have the Crane Master's symbol on it, but he felt stronger with it, as if it was magical or something.

Since absorbing the demon's powers, he had always felt fairly weak except he could feel his energy course through his body. It was warm and significantly more than he had previously. If only the Saiyan bastard that had killed him was still alive, but it had be a few hundred years since he had died, and though Saiyans lived a long, young, healthy life, a few hundred years was a bit too long.

He paused a moment, he demon ears picking up sounds of fighting. He may have finally found warriors that could teach him. He picked up the pace a little bit as he turned a corner. A park was up ahead and people were sparring or exercising. This was what he wanted to see. Though he hoped it wasn't like any of the combat schools on Earth. They were filled with weak so called Masters.

He saw a few laughing and conversing, taking a break from their training. Others were there for picnics. He looked around, seeking the perfect opponent. Everyone seemed so slow. Maybe it was their way. Tai Chi was a big style and that was slow simply to master the movements. He shrugged and found a couple sparring.

They wore padding which immediately turned him off to the idea. As a matter of fact, no one was sparring without safety gear. "God, humans are pathetic. Where are the warriors?" he asked himself. He continued through the park and paused.

A man had a sign. "Free marital arts lessons, just land one punch." Was this guy full of himself? He looked him over. No he wasn't. This man was built like a Saiyan. This man was a Saiyan. Who was he? He wasn't sure. But a Saiyan can smell another Saiyan any day, even if they looked related to humans.

He was about to walk up when he saw a woman about half his size stand in front of him in a stance. Who was she? She was human, he could tell. Does she really think she could land a punch on him? What was she thinking? He stood by, watching. He wanted to judge this Saiyan. If he was a great warrior, he would easily put her in her place. A simple backhand would do.

WC:538
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 56
Race: Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago Hydrax 7/20/2012, 6:03 pm

Drago flew away from his house until he reached the edge of the city he quickly descended down before getting spotted. His goal was to ascend everyone he was the next generation and it was time for him to try and show he had the power to challenge the strongest. His main goal was to defeat his father a man who left when he was a child he was a sayain Drago felt unworthy to be his son in his early life but came to the decision that to make his father recognise him and proud to be his father he would have to beat him in battle. Drago knew the most probable place to find his father was on Vegeta but he wasn’t going to be hasty he was still too weak. Drago was smart and he tiered the planet this way there was the regular people the pawns the weakest this was the majority of the population. Then came the fighters which were deemed normal by the first group these were still weak but stronger than the first. It worked like a standard deviation Drago was with 2 standard deviations the 2.5% he was strong compared to most but many fighters on the planet were stronger than him these were the up and above 3 standard deviations the powerful protectors and fearless villains they made Drago look normal and weak.

Drago walked into the town the sky was clear he smiled at the clear skies it was better than his homeplace where the dust tainted its colour although it made for some beautiful sunsets. Drago thought was he needed now was someone that could help him go beyond his current limitations and push him up into the top percentile of fighters. The orange city high school loomed as he passed it his mother had made him go and he had done quite well in exams so she had mocked him with the nickname of the brute with a brain. Drago felt it ate into his training time but he found group activities like school did help him build up his tactical side of battle. Drago walked through the crowds till walking down the cobbled streets of the main shopping part of the city grabbing a piece of meat on the bone from left him cramped between two fat ladies. That had made Drago have enough of the inner city so went to the one place he could find the park.

Arrving at the green aired park Drago took a breath of air and exhaled heavily reliving the stress of the city. He ran along the forest that lay beside teasing any training runners he met by running slightly faster than them and going up a gear if they tired to catch up with him.The meat was salted and had made him thirsty so he went over to a fountain in the middle of the park. Without caring he stuck his head in and took a few mouthfuls. He emerged with a feeling that he was being judged the the people around him. Not like he cared he rubbed his wet face and kept walking until he tripped over a stone. He landed infront of a crudely drawn sign .

JUST LAND ONE PUNCH.

Drago hadn’t time to be taught by a weakling but watching fights could be enjoyable. A woman was in battle stance reagy to fight. Drago looked over at who she was challenging. The mans facial features and and hair and his genera scent something Drago knew what was it. The ki showed he was a least a good fighter but something occurred to Drago this scent was from his childhood he was a Sayian. Drago was nearly sure of it the man was hiding something Drago couldn’t sense ki but he could fell something off this man he was holding back something big and that scared him he was no match. Maybe it was just his mind but their was only one way to confirm it “ I would like to be after her I want to test my merit against you”

word count: 691
Drago Hydrax
Drago Hydrax
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 7/23/2012, 1:16 pm

Goku nudged an empty water bottle with his foot. He held his sign up high, and stood as still as he could, hoping someone would be interest. Perhaps it was naive of him to think that he'd get a lot of challengers. A few joggers passed glances at him and starting chuckling. A woman walking a massive shaggy dog with a lolling tongue stopped to look at the fountain. She gave a scoffing glance in his direction.

After a moment, she meandered away. Her dog paused to urinate on the side of a park bench. An old man was curled up in a newspaper, sleeping on the bench. When he felt the warm stream, he sat up cursing. The lady told him to get a job and walked off in a haste.

Goku sighed. Where were all the fighters?

He felt his wife's spiritual energy approaching. Was he in trouble? She had told him to get out of the house and find something to do. Maybe heading into to the city had been a bad idea? Women had always confused Goku, that was a definite.

However, his concerns all melted away upon seeing her. It was her soft eyes and dark brown hair, a beauty that made his heart thunder like war drums in his chest. Chi Chi moved with a sort of grace. It wasn't like the pompous gait of the city women that had been walking by. No she had a soft, yet prideful, step. She marched like a lioness, her eyes always scanning her surroundings for danger. Each of her movements were purposeful and exact.

She was the daughter of the warrior Ox King and was not a slouch when it came to fighting. Sure, she had given up the martial arts mostly to take care of their kids, but Goku knew that she trained in secret to make sure her skills never got sloppy. That was one of his favorite things about her.

“Dad stopped by and took the boys,” Chi Chi said, and then pointed to the sign, “I don’t think you’ll get much notice with just a sign. You didn’t think this through did you, Einstein? If you want people to come to you, you have to give them a reason.”

Goku tapped his chin, considering her words carefully. “I suppose you're right. But, I didn't want to scare people away, or break anything.”

Chi Chi set down her things and began to stretch out.

Oh wow, does she mean to spar me?

The fighter smiled in pure happiness and excitement. It had been eons since Chi Chi had sparred against him. Their kids were being tended to, so this was the perfect opportunity. Maybe she was right, if he showed off his skills, people might be more interested in what he was planning to do.

Goku walked over to the soft grass and shoved the end of the sign into the ground, making it stand erect. He stretched out for a second or two and then slid into his martial arts stance. His knees were bent and spread apart. His right hand was formed into a claw in front of his face and his left was at his hip, balled into a fist.

“You can’t catch a fish without bait,” she called. “Come give them a show, unless you’re scared I’ll land a punch.”

Goku grinned. “I'm sure you can. Let's do this!”

But, before Chi Chi could lash out with any attacks, Goku sensed two powerful presences arrive. Well, one was far more powerful than the other. He glanced out of the corner of his eye. A gruff warrior stood watching. Goku could see by the look in his eyes that he was no slouch, and that he was not new to martial arts.

It was a hard thing to explain, how he deduced that.

They often said the eyes were a window into a man's soul. In battle, by looking into your opponent's eyes a man could see his opponent's intent and experience. It was a metaphysical thing. Goku had heard legends about nothing more than a warrior's gaze turning back entire armies. Plus, the man's spiritual energy was so large that it matched his forlorn gaze.

I wonder who he is?

The other one walked right up to him. He looked straight out of high-school, with an athlete's build; a lean body with well defined muscles. The spiritual energy radiating from him was far greater than a normal person, but not quite surprising like the other arrival. Goku could see that this one, by his hopeful expression and curiosity, was still learning the ropes.

“ I would like to be after her I want to test my merit against you,” the young man said.

“Sure thing,” he replied. “I'm Goku, and this here is my wife Chi Chi. She's going to show you that it's not so easy to land a punch on me.”

His eyes rested upon his wife once again and he steeled himself for her assault. He wondered just how much she had progressed in her secret trainings.

WC: 848
TWC: 1,845
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi Chi 7/23/2012, 2:08 pm

OOC: For story flow purposes, Brian gave me control of Goku for this post

Chi Chi was sure her bright eyed expression would give away her excitement to spar once more. Martial arts had always been her first love, but she took on the duty of being a wife and mother whole heartedly. Of course she still took time to practice in silence, but it was nothing compared to the adrenaline rush of a worthy opponent.

Just as Chi Chi was ready to start her attack she noticed they weren’t alone. Of the two surveyors, a young teen was the first to approach.

“I would like to be after her I want to test my merit against you,” the young man said.

She offered him a gracious smile. Something about his presence reminded Chi Chi of herself when she was much younger. She hoped that between the two of them the boy’s interest could be held. She had every bit of confidence in Goku’s abilities.

“Sure thing,” her husband replied. “I'm Goku, and this here is my wife Chi Chi. She's going to show you that it's not so easy to land a punch on me.”

She watched as Goku prepared for her assault. Not wasting a moment she lunged forward with a flurry of punches all of which Goku dodged with ease. The final one aimed at his head, was not successful either. He merely ducked, causing her to falter in her balance and stumble forward.

Slightly embarrassed, Chi Chi regained her composure, determined to prove to herself she could do it. The wonderful thing about Goku was that he would let her try to her hearts content. He was a patient man, one of his many great qualities.

Chi Chi’s second stream of punches was much more calculated. If she couldn’t hit him with brawn, she would just have to use her brain. Keeping her small frame in close range she tried to throw punches at angles and intervals apart that, she thought, would be difficult to block.

To her frustration and amazement not a single one landed. She attempted on and off for quite some time, finally realizing she had been bested. Stepping close to her husband she pressed her hands together and bowed in defeat. When she looked up, she gave him a smile, and a mock punch to the face.

He placed his arm around her, looking at the small crowed that had gathered for their show. Chi Chi could see his chest swelling with pride. Winning a spar had always brought out that smug portion of Saiyan in Goku, that she found adorable.

“Ok!” Chi Chi said clapping her hands together. “I’m beat.” She walked over to her bag and retrieved two bottles of water. She took a long drink before throwing one to her husband.

He brought the bottle to his lips and within seconds was crumpling the empty container. Looking refreshed, he let out a small chuckle as he looked into the crowd for the young man. “Alright,” Goku said leaning against his sign. “Who’s next?”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WC: 500/1245
Chi Chi
Chi Chi
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago Hydrax 7/23/2012, 2:51 pm

Drago watched carefully as the woman attacked the warrior it appeared this was an exhibition to gather attention as the two seemed to be together. Drago watched the woman's assault she was more skilled that he was she had the benefits of the years of training he didn’t. The man was amazing for all the skill the woman possessed he dodged with ease his first impressions of him had been right no it was even greater than that this ones power could be one of the top on the planets fighters human no this natural skill was that like his of a sayain. The woman changed her tactics trying to be clever she went for pinpoint strikes that would result in a hit Drago as fast as her punches were he was faster. Drago began to think this would require a plan far craftier than he first anticipated if someone this much stronger than him was struggling to hit a hair on him. The assault was relentless but in vain exhausted the woman bowed in defeat and gave him a mock punch as Drago expected the two were a couple. He turned around to see someone behind him watching he supposed he wasn’t the only spectator he turned back around to the words he wanted to hear. Drago was excited not his tail tingled he had a chance to fight against someone with this much power pure joy and adrenaline rushed through his body.

Drago knew that his only chance to hit him was to catch him off guard which was hard to do with a fighter of this calibre. This all relied on brains and the art of deception throwing off his jacket Drago revealed his gi his tail around his waist like a belt and walked up to the area for the fight “ I guess I am next hopefully I can put up a challenge I think I am a weaker than your last opponent but ill try”. Drago thought he would start off fighting like a normal human the change in pace would hopefully let him hi the fighter. Drago ran at human speed at the fighter he fired a slow upward kick this was his first feint he threw a weak left punch afterwards feint 2. Then he quickly put all his power and speed into a right punch. As he did this using every bit of concentration he had Drago started his plan B quickly trying to wrap his tail around the mans leg if his punch missed maybe he could get in a strike when he was off balance. Drago looked at the man dead in the eye as he swung his right fist at him smiling as he did so he had a feeling this would be a lot of fun.

wc:469
twc:1160
Drago Hydrax
Drago Hydrax
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 7/24/2012, 10:34 am

Iric watched from the shade of a tree, leaning against it. The Saiyan had noticed him, but soon it turned as another fellow came up. This was another Saiyan, his tail out for everyone to see. This one was a pup though. He too seemed to wish to face this warrior as he came up and faced him declaring as such.

It was the woman and the Saiyan who faced one another first. The bout didn't last long as the woman couldn't lay a hand on him. Not too expected. A simple human woman couldn't do anything against a Saiyan, though he had to admit, for a human, she was a bit impressive. She had tried to out smart him, but the experience of a Saiyan warrior kept him always one step ahead. Impressive, but the outcome was expected.

The boy hardly waited. He was impetuous as a young Saiyan was. As he was when he was younger. The boy attacked, throwing several feints before his full on attack. This was a tactic used by unseasoned warriors. The first one would open them up for the attack. But two feints, the Saiyan would surely be ready for the real attack. And from what he could see, even as the boy increased his speed, there was no way the Saiyan would be caught off guard.

Even from the woman, whom he realized was probably his wife, he saw she was faster. By a lot. Iric stood there, hoping he would get his chance to act before Izon would call him to duty. But with his mind focused on the Capsule Corp take-over, he figured he would have ample time to spar. He wondered though if this warrior had other tricks, like the ability to use ki. Some didn’t, but most Saiyans did. Or at least all of the ones he had ever seen did.

He wanted to see how this bout turned out, though he was quickly becoming impatient with this boy. He was obviously inexperienced and pathetically weak. And if it didn’t end soon, he’d have to jump in and take his spot.

WC:356
TWC:894
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 7/24/2012, 9:48 pm

Chi Chi attacked with a tenacity that Goku had not been expecting. Her secret training had really paid off. He had originally planned to use but a fraction of his power, but as her punches snapped close to his head, he stepped up the pace a notch.

Eventually she gave up the assault. He was relieved to see she wasn't frustrated. After a respectful bow, she gave him a glance of adoration and gently tapped his face with her fist. He slunk his arm around her and pulled her close.

“Ok!” Chi Chi said and clapped her hands.“I’m beat.”

She tossed him a bottle of water. He wasn't thirsty, nor was he winded. But, never the less, he unscrewed the cap and guzzled a fourth of the bottle.

“Alright,” Goku said after setting the bottle down on the edge of a large fountain basin. He rested a hand on top of his sign.”Who’s next?”

“I guess I am next. Hopefully, I can put up a challenge. I think I am a weaker than your last opponent, but I'll try,” the young white haired boy said.

Goku nodded. “Well, I am here to teach. My wife has been training all her life, so don't let her skills intimidate you.”

Movement around the boy's waist brought Goku's attention. A brown tail flicked back and forth behind him Oh wow, he has a tail too? How weird; he's just like me and my sons.

Goku wasn't a scientist and his whole life never understood how he had a tail and no one else did. Tthe prospect of someone else having a similar trait to his own, brought a sense of happiness to him. His tail had been removed by Kami, so that he didn't transform into a giant raging ape and destroy everything. He wondered if this boy had ever experienced the transformation himself.

Even distracted by his own thoughts, the kid's first assault, a kick, was painstakingly slow. Goku was not stupid, he was clearly holding back his abilities. Perhaps it was some sort of trick, but never the less Goku went along with it, side stepping the kick and ducking away from subsequent punch.

The third punch sent at him was not slow and cumbersome. The speed was blinding, at least compared to what a normal man could do. This one took a bit more effort to escape, Goku turned his body sideways and took a step back. That air thrummed with the boy's power as his fist sailed past

He's got potential and a good punch. I wonder if he has had another teacher.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the boy's tail lash out towards his leg. His reflexes kicked in and he lifted his leg up, bringing his foot down to try and stomp on it. It wasn't out of malice, but out of pure fighting instinct.

However, with his eyes averted downward, the boy's fist was headed his way. Glancing up, it grazed his cheek as he tried to jerk his head aside.

“Well, well,” Goku said, flashing a broad smile. “Looks like landed a hit on me. That was a clever move, kid.”

Not sure if the tail was pinned under his heel or not, he lifted his foot up. Goku had remembered the excruciating pain and discomfort caused by his tail being grabbed and frowned.

“Oh, sorry about that,” he said and rubbed the back of his disheveled hair.

WC: 551
TWC: 2,396
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi Chi 7/25/2012, 6:14 pm

Chi Chi stood back and watched intently as the young boy from the crowd approached her husband. Removing a few layers she noted his rich brown belt seemed to twitch.

Wait, that’s no belt. That’s a tail! ChiChi had not seen someone with a tail since she and Goku were children. She had always had a love for animals, and Goku’s tail was what instantly drew her to him.

She watched with a smile as they boys slow calculated movements were swatted away as if he were a fly. Chi Chi glanced around the crowd for any sign of faces she might know. None seemed familiar, but one in particular stood out. Off set from the crowd she noticed a shrouded man looking with an intent gaze.

The cloak hung loosely over his small frame. At let she thought it was a he. No woman in her right mind would wear something like that in the dead of summer, she thought He seemed slightly out of place, but Chi Chi had no reason to think any ill will. Her interest, however, was more than peaked. Deciding to try and get to know the man better, Chi Chi slowly walked towards him, stopping when she was a few feet away.

“Hello,” she said with a small nod in the figure’s direction. “My name is Chi Chi, did you stop by in hopes to train?” She offered a smile, not knowing if it would help to break the ice.

She glanced at her husband once more. His young opponent seemed to be picking up the pace. To her sheer amazement the boy attempted to wrap his tail around Goku’s leg. His focus wasn’t broken as he brought his foot up to stomp the tail.

What amazed Chi Chi was not the outcome. She wasn’t paying attention to where Goku’s foot had landed, it was where the boys fist had made the slightest contact to Goku’s face. Forgetting her interest in the cloaked stranger Chi Chi took a step forward to congratulate the boy.

“Well done,” she said through tight lips.

She was trying to be gracious, but inward she was fuming with jealousy. I don’t get it! This boy barely knows a roundhouse from a real house. What makes HIM so special that he can land a hit. I’ve trained for years!Chi Chi suddenly felt embarrassed.

Realizing her competitiveness was a little out of control, she waved the victory off in her head as nothing more than luck. She looked around for the cloaked person waiting to see if they would attempt to make a move.

This should be interesting she thought.
----------------------------------
WC: 440/1685
Chi Chi
Chi Chi
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago Hydrax 7/25/2012, 6:59 pm

Drago’s attack was dodged by instinct but he had planned on this the fighter noticing the tail stomped down on it Drago's fist made a slight brush on his face , he had done it just about, his plan had worked. The foot came down on his tail and Drago clenched his teeth. It stung but not as badly as when he was younger. “Looks like landed a hit on me. That was a clever move, kid.” Drago smiled and nodded finally the foot was lifted and he took a large sigh of relief. “ Thank you by the look on your face you know that isn’t pleasant, its ok you get used to it my mother used to grab it if I was unruly as a child . I wasn’t sure at first because but your natural fighting skill and your understanding and even your scent you’re a Sayain aren’t you”

Drago turned around to see his first opponent standing behind him “Well done,” said the woman tightly Drago could see she was a bit jealous but said nothing “ Thank you to be honest it was more brains that brawn and of course my little inheritance here helped alot “ he stroked his tail. The woman walked off the strange man in the bushes. “ He turned to the man again “ I believe I am yet to introduce myself my name is Drago Hydrax I am a half sayain which is why I have fighting instincts like you, fighting is in my blood its part of the sayain race . When I saw your skill I knew there was no way I would win with physical combat alone. So I used your skill against you I knew once a second approach came you would react to it and forget about my fist for a moment that is what gave me the slim opportunity. Problem is in a real fight I would have been wide open for retaliation.”.

Drago sat down and ran his fingers through his hair “The tail is useful for fighting and in general the monkey thing is a pain if you can not control it, I look up at a full moon as a child and bam wake up the next morning remembering nothing like a bad hangover. I am sorry I started rambling whats your name sir or should I call you sensei now”. Drago looked onwards first came power then came the face off with the man who left him at birth you will see I am a worthy son father wherever you are, after I crush you will have no choice but to acknowledge me.

wc: 444
twc:1604
Drago Hydrax
Drago Hydrax
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 7/26/2012, 12:30 am

The woman whom the Saiyan seemed to be lovers with walked up to him. He continued to watch the two spar but watched her approach in his peripherals. She was a strong woman and though she walked as if she was delicate, he knew she wasn't. Though she couldn't beat any Saiyan, she could probably mop the floor of these humans that were gathering around to watch this spectacle.

"Hello, My name is Chi Chi, did you stop by in hopes to train?”

He turned his gaze a moment but before he could speak, she was already walking up to the young Saiyan who managed to graze the cheek of the other. Iric wasn't sure if this was worth it. Was this man simply looking to make fighters feel good about themselves? He pushed off the tree as he walked up near the end of Drago's speech.

There were a few others that were about to until they saw him. A few gawked at what he wore. A cloak in modern times on Earth was a bit abstract. But this cloak was nothing to laugh at. A gift from Master Shen to his Master, whom gave it to him. Izon let him live when he could've easily have eaten him for his power. He didn't like Izon himself, but he had a chance at real power. And each day he was with him, he could feel himself getting stronger.

He walked up, pulling his hood back. His hands disappeared beneath the cloak, and he looked at the would-be master. His wild black hair thick like the one before him. Everything screamed Saiyan except the ears which were pointed and the silver eyes, and the lack of tail, though no one would notice since the cloak covered his body.

He didn't even get into a stance. He walked up closely, his eyes peering into Goku's while his peripherals kept an eye on his shoulders as any slight movement would be evident by just the slightest twitch of the shoulder muscles. It was the one thing that kept him ahead of most when he was younger. His lack of power was what kept him from being the best.

His cloak flew up, just below the eye line of the Saiyan before him as his twisted. The cloak was meant as both a distraction and to blind him. He got down as he spun around, but he wasn't going for a sweep as most would expect without being able to see, instead as he moved from the enemy's left to right, his leg kicked out to the side of the knee of the leg he would balance on when he lifted to avoid the sweep. The kick was a simple but powerful side kick that would shatter any normal person's knee, but he suspected this warrior was far from normal.

Before his leg retracted after the strike, he pushed off, rolling over his shoulder, flipping his cloak up to continue to blind him as the flat of his palm went up to strike the Saiyan's left lower rib, to snap it and weaken him. Then while he was low, his right fist rose up like an upper cut, but not for his chin or gut, but for his groin. Which if any of that missed, would possibly throw him off for this attack.

This may have been a spar, but it was still combat and one did what they could to win, especially when they were out matched. Iric had won several fights while fighting dirty. Only fools fought with honor. He lost his honor when he died and joined up with Izon and became a demon. This man before him was either going to avoid all of his attacks or regret he went easy on him.

WC:646
TWC:1540
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 7/27/2012, 7:41 pm

“Thank you. By the look on your face, you know that isn’t pleasant. It's ok, you get used to it, my mother used to grab it if I was unruly as a child. I wasn’t sure at first, because of your natural fighting skill, and your understanding, even your scent—you’re a Saiyan aren’t you?”

Goku perked an eyebrow. “Uh, I don't know what a Saiyan is, but I did have a tail as a kid.”

“Well done,” Chi Chi said.

Goku could sense the frustration in her voice. It made him sort of happy. Not that she was frustrated, that she still had the feisty warrior in her. She was still competitive, still analyzing other fighters. Since martial arts were his favorite hobby, it brought him unfathomable joy that he could share it with both his wife and his two sons.

“Thank you to be honest it was more brains that brawn and of course my little inheritance here helped a lot, “ the boy said to Chi Chi, stroking his tail. He faced Goku. “I believe I have yet to introduce myself. My name is Drago Hydrax. I am a Half-Sayain which is why I have fighting instincts like you, fighting is in my blood its part of the Sayain race . When I saw your skill I knew there was no way I would win with physical combat alone. So I used your skill against you. I knew once a second approach came, you would react to it and forget about my fist for a moment. That is what gave me the slim opportunity. Problem is in a real fight, I would have been wide open for retaliation.”

Goku smiled. “You do have great instincts. And, this wasn't a real fight. You just had to hit me and did what you could. I don't think I would ask for more in a student. I can see that someday you might be one of the very best.”

“The tail is useful for fighting and in general, the monkey thing is a pain if you can not control it, I look up at a full moon as a child and bam wake up the next morning remembering nothing like a bad hangover. I am sorry, I started rambling whats your name sir or should I call you sensei now?”

“Oh, I thought I told you my name before. I'm Goku! You can call me Master Goku, if you want. That's what I called my teacher, Master Roshi.”

The other warrior removed his hood and made his wave over to Goku. The sudden movement caused Goku to slid into his stance. He braced for an assault. Wow, he attacks without warning at all!

The stranger's cloak swirled past, concealing his form. Goku's eyes widened as he jumped up, avoiding a would be leg sweep. It was a trick, clearly, as the warrior lashed out with a side kick instead. It was headed straight for his knee. With no time to properly dodge, Goku straightened his body like an arrow, withdrawing his legs, and rolled sideways—towards his opponent. The knee sailed just past Goku, grazing his pant leg. Now that he was practically on top of the stranger, Goku dropped down, somersaulting across the yard. He hopped to his feet again beside the fountain.

That was close... too close. I had to use way more spiritual energy to evade that one.

It was true, Goku had been holding back with the boy, but this guy had real power. However, his presence was still close. The drop and somersault had not provided an escape. Twisting around, the cloak was before his vision again, concealing the attack. Not willing to fall for the same trick twice, Goku closed his eyes and relied on his spiritual sense. The stranger's cloak had no spiritual presence, but his arm did. He was sending a strike towards the center of Goku's chest.

Goku brought up his forearm, stopping the palm strike dead. The force of the blow caused him to slide back, his heels catching on the edge of the fountain. The way the stranger was positioned was different. At the last second, he saw the stranger's opposite fist coming up for a low undercut. Goku brought his leg across sideways, taking the blow on the meat of his leg.

Sure, it was a charlie horse, but it was a lot better than the crippling pain of a groin shot.

“You're strong,” Goku said, his eyes narrowing.”But, I don't know how much I can teach a fighter like you. Or did you just wanna test your skills against me?”

WC: 770
TWC: 3,166
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi Chi 7/28/2012, 11:39 am

Chi Chi’s eyes widen as the stranger assaulted her husband without warning. Goku made a considerable effort to avoid the man’s attacks. For a moment she thought she would be helping Goku nurse another set of broken ribs.

The final straw broke when Chi Chi saw the cloaked figure aim a punch directly for Goku’s family jewels.That’s it, those belong to me, and I will not have anyone destroy MY property She thought haughtily. Luckily her husband brought his leg up at the last minute. But by that point she had just about enough of this slimy style.

“What the hell was that? In this dojo we fight with honor, not dishonor!” She growled storming up to the men angrily, taking her place at Goku’s side. “If one cannot win a fight fair, one was not meant to win at all.”

She placed her hand on her head trying to shield herself from the migraine coming on. There just was something off about this guy. Her husband took the opportunity to speak. Rather than letting her temper boil over, Chi Chi chose to stay silent and try to calm down.

“You're strong,” Goku said. “But, I don't know how much I can teach a fighter like you. Or did you just wanna test your skills against me?”

“Yeah sure he does,” Chi Chi muttered.

Chi Chi tried to pay attention, but her mind was wandering off in the distance. She found herself wishing for the normalcy of an evening at home with the children working on their studies. Her stress was rising, and she wanted nothing more than the quiet night with her husband her father sought to give her.

Letting out a dejected she prayed this would not turn into a brawl. Silently, she waited to see what was next.
---------------------------------------------
WC: 300/1985
Chi Chi
Chi Chi
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago Hydrax 7/29/2012, 12:47 pm

Drago sat down pleased with the answer that his new master gave him. So he is unaware he is a sayain he must be the one they sent to clean up the planet, it would be best that he didn’t say anything he didn’t want to remind him of his mission it seemed safe enough at this stage but he wanted to keep the good sayains good.

Drago was pleased not only did he have someone to teach him to get stronger they were a sayain the best possible teacher for him. While going through this in his head he felt a large swoosh of wind pass him. The cloaked warrior had charged Goku without warning his head now revealed with long flowing back hair.

Drago watched the fight for a while but started to anger when the tactics started turning dirty as the cloaked warrior went for a kick for the crotch “That scum he isn’t a martial artist at all there is no need for that sort of underhanded fighting”.

Drago looked over beside him the woman headed over to goku and stood beside him “What the hell was that? In this dojo we fight with honor, not dishonor!” she started to look like she would explode. “If one cannot win a fight fair, one was not meant to win at all.” . It seemed like she had the same view as Drago when it came to the situation.

The situation was heating up Drago sensed this could elevate to something more than a spar. He wanted to help them but he was no match for a fight like this he would be more of a hindrance than a help. He closed his fists and got angrier and angrier why he was so weak how was it he felt so usless. In his anger Drago started to power up unaware of this he stood in his silent rage.

wc:320

twc: 1924
Drago Hydrax
Drago Hydrax
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 7/29/2012, 2:22 pm

Iric stood up. "I wanted to test you. I am a Saiyan much like you and the kid over there." Iric hikes his thumb to where the kid waited. "Wa warrior doesn't always find themselves in an honorable fight and to think otherwise is naive. How far would you go to protect this woman? Would you sink to low tactics if it meant to save her life? In a way I wanted to test my skills as I don't do it often enough, but I am also looking for a master to train me. My current one is no warrior though he's significantly more powerful than I am. And those he has as his trainers are weaker than I am."

He thought about his new looks for a second and the power he had gotten from Izon. "Should I say I was a Saiyan like the two of you." His voice almost sounded like saying that hurt him a lot. As if it was one of the worst things in the world. And it was one of the worst things in the world. Being a Saiyan meant you had pride. He no longer had that. He realized he had sold his soul to the devil.

He looked at the couple. "When it comes down to it, fighting is about coming out to being the victor, and to do that, you do what you can. Whether it's to nuke them or to use so called dirty tactics like what I did. If you don't feel this is the case, if you aren't willing to do whatever it takes to protect your woman, and you'd rather see her die than harm your so called honor, then maybe you aren't the one I should be looking for."

"I am protecting someone as well. My master. The one who brought be back to the living world. The one who freed me and gave me the power I need. And I am willing to do what it takes to protect him, even at the cost of my Saiyan heritage." Iric turned to walk away. He wasn't sure what he'd find out there. He wasn't sure if everyone on Earth was this way or not. Honorable fighting was a dream warriors could not afford to have. Warriors kill, it is what they do. Whether they do it to take over, or get more powerful, or to protect others.

In the end though, he knew this Goku had significantly more power than he was letting on. But power can only do so much. Willing to do what it takes to come out on top, playing it smart, that was what mattered in the end. Had he been a Saiyan, his Saiyan blood may have overcome that intelligence. Guess the demon blood protected him from the Saiyan madness that threatened all of his people. But Goku didn't seem to have it, nor that kid. Did something happen in the centuries since he died? The kid was a half saiyan, maybe the human blood is stronger. Maybe Goku was as well. Who knew? This one doesn't even realize he's a Saiyan.

WC:536
TWC:2076
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 7/30/2012, 10:51 am

Goku had been quite surprised at the feisty nature of his wife and new student. They had come to his defense. Chi Chi had a stern look upon her face, and she suddenly looked tired. No doubt she was waiting for it to escalate. If Goku knew her, she prepared herself for a fight, but never really wanted one. Drago had began to boil with silent rage. It was apparent by his rigid stance and his rapidly growing spiritual energy.

"When it comes down to it, fighting is about coming out to being the victor, and to do that, you do what you can. Whether it's to nuke them or to use so called dirty tactics like what I did. If you don't feel this is the case, if you aren't willing to do whatever it takes to protect your woman, and you'd rather see her die than harm your so called honor, then maybe you aren't the one I should be looking for. I am protecting someone as well. My master. The one who brought be back to the living world. The one who freed me and gave me the power I need. And I am willing to do what it takes to protect him, even at the cost of my Saiyan heritage,” the stranger said and then walked away.

Some people did whatever it took to win. It's not that Goku didn't understand that idea, he just had been taught differently. That was the easy way out. There was honor in battle, a way of doing things to prove you are the superior warrior, without reverting to tricks. Because, when you broke a man at his best, on fair ground, they truly experienced defeat.

You must leave no doubt in their mind that they have lost. Master Roshi's words resounded within Goku's mind.

Goku clapped Drago on the shoulder. “Settle down, it's all right. He was here to see what I was made of. I wouldn't teach a man like that.”

Still pinned against the fountain, Goku took a few steps forward and stretched his arms out. “I think this is enough for today. Drago, I see a lot of potential in you. For now, I'm going to leave. Your mission, if you wish to continue your training, will be be to find me, using only your spiritual sense.”

Turning to Chi Chi he wrapped his muscular arms around her, sweeping her into a big hug. “Since your dad is still watching the kids, want to get some dinner? There's this great wok place downtown that Bulma and Yamcha used to take me to.”

[My Final Post]

WC: 436
TWC: 3,602
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Chi Chi 7/30/2012, 7:18 pm

“How far would you go to protect this woman? Would you sink to low tactics if it meant to save her life?” The cloaked man’s voice cut through Chi Chi’s thoughts. The weight of the sentence almost knocked her over.

She listened to his story intently. He had a master whom he was fiercely loyal to. That loyalty won over morals. She would never admit that he was right. No matter the honor you carried, it was no guarantee the person you were against would have any.

"If you aren't willing to do whatever it takes to protect your woman, and you'd rather see her die than harm your so called honor, then maybe you aren't the one I should be looking for.”

Chi Chi looked at Goku’s newest student, Drago. His spiritual energy was rising to dangerous levels. She wondered if his loyalty would stretch as far as the strangers. Looking at her husband brought some relief. His stance was cool and collected as always. He was like the water, gently flowing around unnecessary obstacles.

She watched Goku put a reassuring hand on Drago’s shoulder. “Settle down, it's all right. He was here to see what I was made of. I wouldn't teach a man like that. I think this is enough for today.”

But what if it really were me? It was an unspoken question she was afraid to hear the answer to. If it were him, or even the kids, I can’t say that I would fight fair. Does it make me a bad person?

Chi Chi could feel a creeping feeling rise inside her chest. She felt like someone had punched her in the stomach. She folded her arms around herself searching for internal comfort. She felt like a bad person, but most of all she felt fearful for her family. Would her husband really do all her could to save her or the children.

As if sensing her discontent, Chi Chi felt Goku wrap his large arms around her, sweeping her into a big hug. She squeezed back tightly, trying to repress her doubt. “Since your dad is still watching the kids, want to get some dinner?” He said with that smile she adored. “There's this great wok place down town that Bulma and Yamcha used to take me to.”

She pulled back and gazed up at him. Mustering a smile for him wasn’t a difficult task. She pulled away and laced her fingers through his. “Okay,” she said with a smile.

Final Post
--------------------------------------------------------------
WC: 417
Chi Chi
Chi Chi
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago Hydrax 7/31/2012, 10:18 am

Drago listened to the black haired mans speech he said he was also a sayain , Drago was sniffing sure there was something sayain about his smell but something was in there as well it was not human. Drago was still angry but why his pride hurt was was it the contact with sayains making his own sayain blood flow stronger. He felt a had on his shoulder and a strong spiritual presence.

“Settle down, it's all right. He was here to see what I was made of. I wouldn't teach a man like that.” Drago calmed down and realized that he was releashing his energy that was how Goku knew he was angry. Drago looked at his hands was that power really him has his training with Kami and his own personal training bore that much fruit maybe if he stuck with Goku he could further this progresson.

Goku took a few steps forward and stretched it seemed that he enjoyed himself “I think this is enough for today. Drago, I see a lot of potential in you. For now, I'm going to leave. Your mission, if you wish to continue your training, will be to find me, using only your spiritual sense.” . Drago looked on potential he had seen it himself he looked forward to the next training session with a power as big as Gokus it wouldn’t be that hard to find him even if he did hide it .

Goku hugged the woman that was with him and mentioned food Dragos stomach rumbled all the fighting had made him hungry “Yea ill see you again speaking of food I think ill go get something, goodbye Master Goku goodbye ugh ….” Realising he was in the akward moment where he didn’t know her name Drago flew off to avoid the situation. He had a new master so he decided to go somewhere he liked for food as a celebration it was a new page in his journey.

wc:331

twc: 2255

MY LAST POST
Drago Hydrax
Drago Hydrax
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 7/31/2012, 6:50 pm

Iric left the trio. He found the one who could teach him how to fight was too honor bound to protect his own family. A man like that was usually a Ronin, so they didn't have to worry about that kind of weakness. Unless you were willing to fight dirty, having loyalty was a weakness because someone like Izon who doesn't give a shit how honorable one was, if they were backed in a corner, they would find a way out no matter what it took. And someone like Izon wouldn't even wait to be backed into a corner. He was a man of action. He hated being in the weak point and would maneuver to be the stronger one. That's what madeIzon a great man. Weak, but powerful at the same time.

Iric left the park and made his way through the city. He would have to find another master to train with. This world was the central hub of the universe. There had to be stronger people. He'd go to Broly, but that was a death wish and certainly Izon wouldn't forgive him. He was a known enemy.

The bustle of the city didn't stop Iric from drifting off into his own thoughts. Cars had to swerve to miss him. Curses were slung at him left and right. One bicyclist couldn't stop in time and struck him, but he hardly felt it. Reaching a point where he was simply annoyed, he took flight as everyone watched in awe, causing accidents. Soon his flight was ignored as they were helping one another out.

Iric had to find a master and get stronger if he would be of any use. It wasn’t that he couldn’t fight. He could and the fact that he had Goku on the ropes even with his power proved it. He needed power. The same power he had sought after five hundred years prior.

WC:326
TWC:2402

Last post
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum