Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goku And The Apprentice

Go down

Goku And The Apprentice Empty Goku And The Apprentice

Post by Goku 8/27/2012, 9:05 pm

Goku and the Apprentice

The rain fell in droves. Goku could hear it thunking off the top of the metal chimney, and roaring as it flowed out of the gutter. It had been weeks since it had last rained, and his crops certainly needed the water. But, he was sad that the storm had left cooped up inside.

Chi Chi and the kids were going about their schooling, he could hear her drilling them with math questions in the next room.

This sucks. He sighed. Maybe there was something on TV?

Plopping onto the soft velvety couch cushions, he took the remote in his hand. It took him a moment to study it. There were so many buttons! Finding the red one in the top left corner, he pushed it. The screen before him flickered to life.

The news was talking about the recovery efforts for East City. Apparently, the government was saying, that some sort of nuclear weapon had gone off there. However, Goku had felt the dark power emanating from that direction. Someone, some things, had been fighting there. Despite all of his concern and fears, and mostly his wanting to rush over there immediately, he had chosen to stay home that. There was a part of him that greatly regretted it. Maybe he could have defeated whatever dark foe had lurked there.

You have a duty, as a father now. Let them fight their own battles, Goku. You’ve done enough for this world, Chi Chi’s words resounded within his mind.

Part of him felt she was right. Spending time with his family and with her, that was the only thing he loved more than fighting. He worked hard, and even got time to practice his skills, so they wouldn’t dull. But, it had been a long time since he had fought a real battle.

It was much to his relief, that the dark power had disappeared. Some other hero had come to save the day, but it had been at the cost of the entire city.

He changed the channel, having enough of that thinking.

The next channel provided little entertainment either. Some anthropomorphic cat was cooking spaghetti. His finger found the button again, this time catching a Capsule Corp. commercial talking about their newest DynoCaps line. It reminded Goku of Bulma. He wondered how his old friend was doing. She was a big shot now, running the company in her father’s stead. It had been at least six months since he had talked to her.

Twenty channels later, Goku realized that he didn’t want to watch TV. The restlessness inside of him was getting worse each time he hit the button. How did Roshi lounge around so much looking at magazines? He didn’t understand.

Then again, he had been constantly on the move since he was a small boy. It wasn’t until he started his family that he had slowed down to take on that greater responsibility. Something’s bound to happen.

Sitting forward, both of his eyes narrowed. He felt something with his sixth sense, a massive spiritual presence. It was coming straight at him, moving at a speed relative to a jet plane. There was nothing inherently evil about the energy signature, but he couldn’t believe how powerful the individual was.

Whoever this is, they’re even stronger than King Piccolo.

It’s not that he was worried for himself. No, Goku was far stronger this stranger. But, it would be easy for them to hurt his family. The presence stopped, above the house. It lingered there for a long while. Goku vanished, moving through his house at a speed that the normal human eye couldn’t register. When he appeared again he was in his kitchen, at the back door to be exact.

His swift arrival displaced the air around him, knocking over a chair and scattering mail that had been sitting on the kitchen table. The numerous envelops fluttered across the room.

The presence above moved as well, stopping just in front of the door. Goku peeked through the blinds. The rain obscured most everything, but he did see a cloaked figure standing there. They were short, maybe only five feet at the most. Their hand emerged from the cloak, balled into a fist. Goku braced himself for what was about to happen next.

Knock, knock.

His anxiety flooded from him and he stood up straight, stifling back a bit of laughter. If someone was polite enough to knock on his door, he had little to worry about. Goku opened the door up, poking his head outside.

The small awning protected his head from getting wet. With the door open, he could see the visitor much better. They were a soaked teenage boy, maybe a year or so older than Gohan. He had dark skin black hair, which looked like was in a mohawk, but Goku couldn’t tell for sure with the hood on. This kid is incredible if he can fly and has a power like this.

“Are you Son Goku?” the teen asked, his voice muffled by the rain.

“Sure am.”

“I’m Uub. Master Roshi sent me. Uhh, I guess I will be your new student.”

Goku perked up both of his eyebrows. “Really, how come? He not going to train you?”

Uub shook his head. “No, he did train me. I have a letter. I think that he thought you would be a better master for me.”

“Come under this. I’ll be right out,” Goku said pointing to the awning. Uub took a few steps forward, standing beneath it to shield himself from the direct rain.

Normally, he would have invited the kid in. But, Gohan and Goten were in the middle of their schooling. They were his sons of course, so they had a tendency to get distracted easily. His best bet was to get out lead Uub away from his house and from the rain, so they could further talk.

Reaching down, he picked up one of the fallen envelopes. Beside the phone there was a cup with dozens of multicolored pens. The first one he grabbed was dead, and he wasn’t able to do anything but scratch the paper with it. Growling, he grabbed a big pink pen and clicked it, scrawling a quick note to his wife.

Goku wrote:
Chi Chi,

I will be back before dinner. A friend of Master Roshi’s showed up and needed to speak to me. I didn’t want to distract the kids.

Love,
Your Adoring Husband Goku

After righting the fallen chair, Goku opened the door and stepped out beside Uub. He took a deep breath. The air smelled of mud, and worms. Rain or shine, I love it all.

The kid glanced up at him from beneath his hood.

“Follow me,” Goku said. Bending his knees, he launched himself in the air with a boost of spiritual energy, soaring towards the black clouds that loomed above.

WC: 1,178
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Goku And The Apprentice Empty Re: Goku And The Apprentice

Post by Goku 8/28/2012, 12:38 am

“Where are we going?” Uub called out.

Goku looked back. The thick gray clouds concealed the kid, but he could still feel his uncanny spiritual pressure. I still can’t believe how powerful he is.

“Just keep up,” Goku replied.

He pushed more spiritual energy into his flight, accelerating. They were almost at a high enough altitude to break free of the heavy clouds. The yellow light of the sun began to filter through, and within a few moments Goku began to see widen open blue.

It was strange, flying above the clouds. Goku couldn't help but notice how they looked like some barren gray landscape below. A low rumble indicated thunder, followed by a flash of light that lit up the clouds.

There was nothing more exhilarating than flying. It was the truest form of freedom that he had ever experienced. First it had started with his Nimbus, as a boy. It had allowed him to see the world. But, eventually he learned how to fly for himself.

Now a days, flying seemed so fundamental of an ability, but he seldom used it despite the practicality. People seemed to feel very frightful of flying men. The honest truth was, that they simply lacked the spiritual energy to do it. Some, like Yamcha, Krillin, and Tienshinhan had been able to, but they were the rare exceptions. It astonished most, leaving them to believe it were some sort of illusion or parlor trick.

This kid can fly too. Except, he so much more powerful than those guys and they've been training their whole life. I just don’t get how.

The clouds parted and open sky met him. Being soaked to the bone, Goku relished the warmth that the sun provided. The kid seemed to be happy too. Looking back again, Goku saw him push back his hood. He did indeed have a mohawk beneath.

It then hit him. The reason for Master Roshi sending him to Goku was quite apparent. It was that raw power that he possessed. Roshi, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien—all of those guys worked their entire lives to reach but a fraction of the strength that Goku possessed. This kid's spiritual pressure was light years behind even what Goku's own had been at his age.

Master Roshi probably thinks I'm the only one who would understand this kid.

The miles rushed in no time, and Gokus spotted where the cloud cover began to break apart into sparse patches, their shades going from a deep gray to a puffy white. The area was heavily forested, but one mountain rose up in ancient defiance. The soil and rock was still darkened from the rains, but it had resisted wind and lightning, as it had for thousands of years.

Goku pointed and began to lower his altitude at a rapid pace, dropping in like an eagle going for its prey. Letting out small bursts of invisible energy, that worked similar to air brakes, he managed to slow himself down, gliding down as gently as a feather. Both feet touched the hard stone of a rugged out outcrop. Uub came hurtling in behind him, managing to match both Goku's grace and his precision in landing.

“You fly well,” Goku said.

Uub offered a genuine smile. “Roshi taught me. It's not too bad once you get use to it.”

“Short bursts,” Goku said. “That's how you master it.”

Uub nodded. Both of his eyes widened and he he began to dig beneath his cloak. Goku guessed he was going to produce the letter Roshi wrote for him.

“There's no need,” Goku said. “I know why he sent you to me.”

“Oh,” Uub said. Confusion was written upon his face. Not needing the letter, he withdrew his hand. “How do you know?”

“You have amazing power for someone so young,” Goku said, his voice filled with excitement and admiration.

Uub frowned, looking down at both of his hands. “I've never lost a fight, but I don't feel like they were even fair measurements. I may have strength, but I don't have skill.”

Goku was dumbfounded. Never before had he met a young fighter so humble about his own ability. He knows already that power isn't everything. He will make a great student.

“Show me what Roshi taught you,” Goku said.

“Uh, well he showed me a few katas and he made me run a lot,” Uub said. Goku could see in his face that he was thinking hard about how he wanted to make his demonstration.

“No silly, spar me,” Goku said. “Don't hold back. I will know if you are.”

Uub looked confused and frightened. Goku didn't relent though, he merely stood there, waiting. After a moment the teen lowered into a fighting stance. It was a bit too broad, and his legs were a little shaky, but otherwise Goku could see Roshi's affect on him.

“Hyah!” Uub said and then flickered from sight.

What amazing speed!

Even though he was surprised, Goku didn't let his guard down. Uub materialized in front of him, along with a whoosh of air. He threw a punch that Goku sidestepped. Uub's eyes went wide.

He's never had someone dodge him before, Goku thought as he slid into his own stance, throwing a heavy knee.

Uub stopped the knee with a kick. Using it as a surface, he vaulted, doing two high back-flips. Twisting around in mid air, he sprang off the rugged slope behind them, attacking head on once again. Goku ran at him and at the last second jumped himself, sailing over the top of him.

Uub dropped down, both of his feet crushing the earth and dragging him to a stop, leaving deep grooves for quite a ways. Goku was on him though, and slammed a knee into his lower back. The force of the blow sent him hurtling forward and off the cliff. Smiling, Goku waited for the teen to return.

Shimmering white spiritual energy, Uub rocketed past the outcrop, and towards the open sky. His aura dispersed into ragged strands as he came to a stop, floating there. He cupped his hands in front of him and drew them behind him. Soft azure light began to emanate from his body.

He's going for the Kamehameha, Goku noted.

“Ka-me-ha-me-ha!” Uub said and thrust his hands forward, confirming Goku's suspicions.

The azure wave ripped through the air on its descent, crackling and bristling with raw power. Goku could feel its potency and he adjusted his own energy level so that it was a match it. Putting both hands out he felt the blistering hot energy slam into his palms.

Uub gritted his teeth, clearly struggling to move Goku. However, the senior fighter didn't budge an inch. The rock around was obliterated from the pressure and he began to sink into the side of the mountain but he held strong, all the while watching Uub intently.

The expenditure of the energy was taking its toll on the boy. With a grunt, he finally stopped firing. Both of his arms fell limp at his side and he floated down, landing on the torn ground before Goku.

“You—are—strong,” Uub said between gasps.

“I will teach you to be a a strong as I am, or stronger.”

Uub put both hands together in front of him and bowed. “Thank you, Sensei.”

WC: 1,234
TWC: 2,412
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Goku And The Apprentice Empty Re: Goku And The Apprentice

Post by Goku 8/28/2012, 3:12 pm

The ground split and cracked in a wide circle around Uub. His spiritual energy surged to new heights it began to distort the area around him. Pebbles and sticks levitated off of the ground, shattering into hundreds of bits as they rose higher.

Uub let out a scream of agony. The energy expanded outward from his body, manifesting as a blazing white aura. Goku could see the strain on his face all the while veins bulged from the teen's forehead and arms. His fists were balled so tightly that it wouldn't be long before he started bleeding.

“Calm,” Goku said. “You have to stay calm or you're going to hurt yourself.”

“I-caaan't,” Uub said and then exploded in a flash of white light. Goku threw up his arms in front of him, shielding his face. Debris whipped past, clattering across the dusty clearing behind him. Uub collapsed, steam rising up off of his body. Goku could hear him gasping for air.

“All right,” Goku said and clapped his hands together. “Let's do it one more time.”

“Unghhh,” was all Uub managed to say. The boy clamored to his feet. Both of his arms hung limp like saggy noodles. “Sensei, I—need to rest.”

“Just once more, I know you can do it Uub.”

There was a long moment of stillness as Uub prepared himself to draw out his power again. The strain was evident in his face. Despite his dark skin, his cheeks were flushed and beads of sweat rolled down face, splattering onto the ground below. Wisps of white energy began to materialize around him. He grunted and then let out a ragged gasp.

Both of his eyes slammed shut and he fell, face first, landing in the dirt. Terrified that the boy was hurt, Goku rushed over, sliding down next to him. Immediately, he checked his pulse. Uub was still breathing heavily, but he did not stir when Goku rested his hand on his back. He was out cold.

“Oh, I guess you did need to rest,” Goku said.

With his hand still placed there, Goku opened up his spiritual energy and let it flow down the length of his arm. Instead of the normally destructive energies that he used in fighting, this was a soothing force and it entered Uub. His skin seemed to shimmer and shine with the energy as it coursed through him, revitalizing his weakened muscles and battered flesh.

Goku scooped him up in both arms and flew off, heading down to the lower part of the mountain, where they had built a small encampment. So far, they had gotten in three days worth of training. It had not been easy for Goku to convince his wife to let him take time away, but she had agreed to.

”Please Chi Chi,” Goku said. “Uub needs to learn to control his power. I am probably the only one who can help him.”

“Roshi is just trying to pawn his students on you. Lazy old wretch,” Chi Chi said. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her arms crossed in front of her, in classic angry house-wife fashion.

Goku sighed in disappointment. “The crops have a good week or so until they need any tilling or harvesting. We just got rain. The kids are busy preparing for that uhh, big test. I forgot its name. Anyways, it would mean the world to me to get some training in.”

“What will I tell your sons when you leave? That you're off training some strange boy?”

“Well,” Goku said, patting his chin with his index finger. “Tell them, that if they get an A-plus on their test that they can come train with us too.”

Chi Chi smirked. “Yes, incentive, that's good. But, I'm still not happy with you taking off. Then again, with all these storms lately, you've been doing nothing but sitting around the house. Fine, go, just be back by next Wednesday, will you?”

“I promise,” Goku and wrapped his muscled arms around her. He planted a soft kiss on her cheek. “Thank you.”

Floating down, Goku swerved around the pine boughs, landing before a large granite boulder beside a trickling brook. A ring of stones with still burning embers in the middle and two bedrolls made up their camp. Goku set Uub down on his bedroll. Despite having healed him, he knew it would be awhile before his student woke up.

In the meanwhile, he busied himself rustling up dinner. Last night they had eaten roasted venison, from a deer Goku had Uub catch. While Uub had been hunting, Goku had picked a plethora of wild berries, roots, shoots and other various edible plants. They had gone equally as fast as the venison. Uub had been mesmerized by the amount of meat Goku could devour in one sitting, and had barely touched his meal. Goku knew he would be hungry after he woke up. His body would need lots of protein to help rebuild his muscles, so they would become stronger.

Fish was on the menu tonight. Goku waded into the brook. The mountain water was icy cold, most likely from glacier melt in the higher altitudes, or a spring nearby. Centering his spiritual energy, he let some of it seep out to warm his body against the biting cold. He closed his eyes and allowed his senses to envelop his surroundings, feeling the minute spiritual energies of the trout that were swimming all around him.

Lowering one finger into the water, he let loose a jolt of energy. It wasn't enough to be destructive, just the right amount to stun the fish. They floated to the top of the water, all around him. Sloshing through the stream Goku collected them with his arms. They were slimy and left a smelly ooze on his forearms and gi, but he cared little.

He was in his element.

Back at the camp, he could hear Uub snoring away. With a smile, he plopped down and fed the fire fresh logs, using the still burning embers to get them burning. Not long after, streamers of smoke rose up through the trees and the fire crackled merrily. With the smooth precision of an outdoors-men, Goku cleaned the fish and skewered them onto a slender branch. Holding the skewered racks over the fire, the fish slow cooked to juicy perfection.

Uub groaned and sat up suddenly. He noticed the fading daylight and glanced over at Goku, who waved.

“I was asleep?” Uub asked, rubbing the sleepiness out of his eyes.

“You were out like a blown lightbulb,” Goku said. “Want some dinner?”

He could practically see Uub salivating. “Oh, yes.”

The two supped on roasted fish, spitting out slivers of bone and laughing at stories about their adventures.

“So you're from the desert?” Goku asked and then licked some flakes of fish meat from his fingertips.

“My father was a camel herder,” Uub replied. “It wasn't a very exciting job, but he had a way with them. I traveled with him a lot, we spent many nights in the desert, beneath the stars. I always remember those times fondly.”

“I like camels,” Goku commented, taking a short pause to chew. “They always seem so cheerful, much more so than horses.”

Uub smirked. “Well, they can be stubborn as a donkey too.”

“Your father, does he know where you are?” Goku asked.

Uub shook his head. “I was outcast from my village, because of my.... freakish strength. I don't blame them though. They don't quite understand the gift I have.”

“I'm sorry Uub,” Goku said, frowning. “That is really sad. I hope someday, when your power is under control, you can return.”

“I don't think I will Sensei. There's nothing there for me. I want to be something more, something great; a hero like you.”

Goku lowered his skewer and glanced up. The sky had turned to a deep amethyst as the sun fell behind the mountains. The darkness was almost upon them. Was he a hero? Did he really do everything he possibly could to protect everyone?

He didn't know. It was easy to be perceived as such, he figured, by outsiders. But, a hero was someone who put others before themselves. To his kids, he might have been a hero, because he put aside his adventures to help raise them with his wife. However, to the all the people who died in East City, he might have been a coward.

“What's wrong?” Uub said, sensing the change in Goku's mood.

Student teaches master, Goku thought, a smile creeping across his lips.

“If you want to be a hero Uub, do what your heart tells you. It will never lead you astray. Don't give up, not on anyone. Every single person is worth protecting.”

Everyone.

WC: 1,481
TWC: 3,893
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down