Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Above the Clouds - Shana/Goku (complete)

2 posters

Go down

Above the Clouds - Shana/Goku (complete) Empty Above the Clouds - Shana/Goku (complete)

Post by Shana 1/30/2012, 2:31 pm

Above the Clouds

Easy Quest

Requirements: None

Reward: 1,000 Zeni

A storm looms on the horizon. Far above Earth in the heavens themselves, resides a cloud created by the gods. But one can not simply fly up and claim their prize. The clouds that surround the artifact are almost impenetrable by mortals. Find a way through.

Last edited by Shana on 1/30/2012, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Above the Clouds - Shana/Goku (complete) Empty Re: Above the Clouds - Shana/Goku (complete)

Post by Shana 1/30/2012, 3:25 pm

"Shana!" The girl turned her head at the exclamation just in time to be nearly tackled by a fellow student. She had decided to attend school even though she was a Vessel. Part of her wanted to forget the whole ordeal she had gone through. She didn't want to be a super power for one day. Just one day, the girl wanted to pretend that she was normal once more. So that morning, (which consequently was the day that the school had reopened from the damage dealt to it from both the Execution Force and Voracious Eater prior) she had slipped into her school uniform, ate breakfast, and attended school.

The voice belonged to Ashely. It was another friend of her's, one she had met in the second grade. Although Shana still grieved for Sarah, she knew the cold facts: Sarah was dead. She had died in her arms. Blackfire had briefly explained who the assassins were who had tried to execute her, but Shana found it hard to wrap her mind around the political details that surrounded the war against super powers. The only things she knew were that they were geared to nullify the abilities of strong warriors, and that they would get a bounty for each body they brought back. It seemed to be a sadistic hobby to Shana. How could one put a monetary value on the life of a human? Or any living creature for that matter?

"Do you know what happened here? Nobody seems to know!" Shana felt Ashely slip her arm so that she had grasped Shana's right side. Her red hair was held up in a pony tail and her green eyes shone with wonder. "I heard that somebody set up a bomb!"

Shana felt herself squirm slightly under her friend's attention. "I'm not sure..." the lie came out bitter on Shana's tongue. She did know. Hell, she had almost died from the people who had infiltrated the school. And only days later, she faced death once more in the face of a Voracious Eater. If it hadn't been for Trunks, she would have crumpled under the monstrous rat-like creature. Blackfire was furious for her poor display of power; the Saiyan swiftly pushed Shana into a training program. Thanks to it, the human was at least thrice her own power. Even her muscles pushed out softly through her skin.

Even Ashely seemed to have noticed it; her question was swiftly forgotten and she groped on Shana's arm a bit. "Wow, Shana! You're getting a bit buff."

"T-that's not true!" Shana stammered, pulling her arm away. She didn't want to be reminded about being different. She longed to be as clueless as Ashely was looking. The red-haired girl narrowed her eyes playfully.

"Have you been working out? We're kid of young for that, aren't we?" Thankfully, Shana was saved from having to respond as the bell chimed loudly, announcing the start of school. A look of shock registered across her friend's face. "First period started!" she gasped. "See you later, Shana!" Her footsteps thudded against the tile floor as she ran down the hall, leaving Shana alone to her brooding thoughts once more.

You're starting to realize it, aren't you? Okibi's voice reverberated against Shana's mind.

"S-shut up..." Shana muttered under her breath, turning heel to go to her first class. But as much as she would have liked, the girl couldn't run from her destiny much less Okibi's voice.

You don't belong here anymore, Shana...

----------------

It was the longest four hours in Shana's life. When the final bell rang, the girl was all too happy to stage her escape. Everything felt awkward to the human. Even her aura seemed different; the other students seemed to have noticed a change in Shana. They would look at her with confused eyes as if she were a different person altogether.

At least on the roof, she could let the wind blow through her long hair and forget the worries cast upon her shoulders. The only thing that could look at her was the sky itself.

"Okibi."

Yes, Shana? the god of fire responded, causing Shana to look down at the necklace she wore. It glowed softly, radiating with a heat that pulsated mildly. Shana could feel the warmness through her shirt.

"I never had a choice in becoming a Vessel, did I?" she queried, frowning slightly.

The god of fire paused heavily, allowing a silence to dwell upon the rooftop. Other than the soft hum of the afternoon breeze, nothing seemed to stir. Shana glanced back up at the clouds. They had formed in thick clumps, blotting out the sun so that only a fraction of its light could reach the ground below.

Finally, the lion-like spawn of flames spoke. No, you didn't verbally agree to be a host. But your soul did in its own way. Alexstrasza doesn't choose people randomly, child. She chooses them from the contains of their heart. You had fire in your soul long before I became one with you. You were her choice before you even entered this world, Shana.

The girl sighed. "I hope I can live up to all of your expectations, then," she droned, narrowing her eyes as a glimmer of the sun pierced the clouds above. Momentarily, the human seemed to glow with the glorious light. "What's above those clouds, Okibi?"

Ummm... the god of fire seemed to be perplexed by his host's sudden irrelevant question. Well, technically speaking, there would be your planet's atmosphere, then the void of space... and after that-

"I didn't mean it like that," Shana admonished, laughing at Okibi's serious tone. "Mom always told me stories about a heaven. She said it was up there, higher than any human could reach!" The girl extended her hand to the sky, staring at it for several seconds with her brown eyes that shimmered with the sun's light. "I want to go up and see for myself!"

Well, I suppose you could, Okibi grunted, I see little reason for doing so, though... Go too high, and the oxygen will thin out to the point where you won't be able to breathe...

But Shana wasn't interested in any of that. Perhaps it was another chance for her to suppress the chaotic thoughts dwelling within her mind like cobwebs. With a grin, she pushed herself off of the rooftop and accelerated through the sky. Like a crimson bullet piercing the heavens, her lithe form swathed a path through the sky. It was then that the visibility plummeted. Soon, the clouds around her were so thick that it was impossible to tell where she was going. Losing sense of direction, the human felt her heart skip a beat as fear kindled like a small flame.

All the human knew was that it was cold. Colder than anything the human could think of. "O-okibi?"

You should descend. The god's voice was stern. There's no 'heaven' up here. Just clouds. Gritting her teeth, the human pressed onwards. Her breath came out in gasps; it seemed impossible to get a lungful of air even though she was breathing.

Word of Shana: 1,192
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Above the Clouds - Shana/Goku (complete) Empty Re: Above the Clouds - Shana/Goku (complete)

Post by Break 1/30/2012, 4:33 pm

"Goku do you know of the Nimbus Cloud?" Korin asked.

"No, what is it Korin? Sounds pretty neat." Replied Goku.

"It is a method transportation in the form of a cloud. The legend tells only those with the purest of heart would be allowed to even set foot on it."

Naive as ever, Goku brought his arm back behind his head to scratch his head nervously. A cloud that can move people? Goku thought it to be strange that people didn't just fall through the clouds. Whatever the case this intrigued him to find the legendary transporting cloud. One foot infront of the other, Goku walked across the marble floor toward the rail that protected it's inhabitants from accidentally falling off the tower. He had been away from his family for quite some time now with all the time spent in Korin's Tower training. The earthly Saiyan had to be in tip-top shape for anything that could possibly threaten his way of life, along with everyone else who inhabited the planet.

His attention turned to the the sunset as the ball of gas that provided life to this planet was about to dip down below the horizon once again to bring on the luminescent moon that would light up the night sky.

"Isn't it beautiful Korin? We should treasure every waking moment we have together. We will never know when it could be our last." Goku spoke with utmost concern for Earth, never knowing when someone even more powerful than himself would come along and try to claim it.

"Indeed", Korin poked at the ground with his staff, yawning.

"So tell me more about this cloud Korin", Goku asked out of curiosity.

"Well Goku, it posses magical powers as I've told you once before. Those with pure of heart and pure intentions may ride it. It will take you wherever you want to go." Korin spoke calmly.

"Alright, I want to go out and find it. It sounds like fun." Goku eagerly tightened his sash,rotating his left arm. Repeating the same motion with his other arm. It was about time he took a break from his training and went off on an exciting adventure.
A smirk of confidence arose from the lips of the anxious Saiyan.

"I will find this Nimbus Cloud and I will bring it back with me." Goku gestured Korin with a thumbs up.

Goku placed his hands against the railing, preparing to vault himself over and down the tower, but before he could get that far Korin spoke urgently.

"Wait! Wait! You don't even know where it is. Calm down." a drop of sweat trickled down the temple of Korin's head. It was clear that Goku had absolutely no idea what he was doing.

"This is not a simple task Goku, there is serious danger involved", Korin said. "Far above the Earth in the heavens rests the Gods of creation. You see Goku, this cloud was create in to existence by Gods. The Nimbus Cloud is a prize for those who are courageous enough to withstand the trials, and those who can surpass the barrier."

"Ah darn it!" The dissapointed Saiyan clenched one of his fists, as his eyes glanced toward the ground. "How am I supposed to get passed it?"

"I'm afraid I don't even have that information myself Goku." Korin spoke with dissapointment in his voice.

"Well no matter what, I will find a way." A great confidence rose in Goku's voice that appeared to lighten the mood abit. "Don't worry Korin, I'll bring it back!"

The eager Saiyan turned his back to his master vaulting over the railing, taking a massive leap of faith down to Earth. Goku spread his arms, bringing his legs closer together. His eyes widened with excitement as a smile emerged from the adventurous warrior's facial features.
---
WC: 641
WC Total (Shana, Goku):1,833 COMPLETED

Break
Break
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum