Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pirates: The Death of Love

Go down

Pirates: The Death of Love Empty Pirates: The Death of Love

Post by Paixiao 2/6/2012, 1:49 am

Pirates
Medium Quest
Requirements: PTO Insignia
Reward: 2,000 Zeni and +10 Villain Points.

A group of pirates have been hitting PTO trade convoys. You've received intel that the PTO might have discovered their secret base. You've been sent in an Attack Pod to wipe out the base and secure the valuables that belong to the Organization. Do not fail. Bring a few of them back so we can string em up for everyone to see.
----------------------------------------------

General Kantz was impressed with the results the team got on planet Dorai, particularly fawning over Paixiao taking the role of team leader in a dangerous situation. The other members of the team were not pleased with this, but it wouldn't be their concern any long. For the next mission, Paixiao would be working alone. For months the PTO had been sending small fleets after a group of pirates who had been raiding their transport ships. Security was usually never an issue for the Planet Trade Organization, but these pirates were particularly well equipped and informed about transport protocol and routes, and General Kantz made it a point to tell the Namekian that he believed it was all fairly suspicious. Of perhaps even greater interest was the nature of the attacks. The targets were always ships with terraforming equipment, food or medical supplies. He suspected someone either had inside information or a high ranking contact, but there was no way for him to confirm his hypothesis. It was believed they were making their base somewhere on a small satellite planet called Daku. Paixiao's mission was to find the base and infiltrate it, secure the stolen goods and then call in the PTO army to destroy the base.

He went over the information he'd been given as he meditated calmly in his attack pod. He'd hardly gotten any time to rest upon returning before he was sent out again to deal with this problem. Thankfully he didn't sleep and only needed to drink water to sustain himself, so he spent his journey in contemplation. Superior officers were already speaking highly of him, General Kantz in particular, and it had even been hinted that he was already well on his way to lordship. The thought brought an evil smile to his face. Being a member of the PTO was no laughing matter, but a lord had much more at his disposal than a mere soldier ever would. The small pod was soon filled with the sound of diabolical laughter as the orb flew toward the small planet in the distance.

Meanwhile on Daku...

The sound of childish laughter filled the tight corridors as a group of kids played, chasing each other through the winding halls. A lithe woman pressed her back against one of the walls just in time to make way for the group as they plowed carelessly past her. She turned her head to shout at them as the whirled around another corner and out of her sight. "Don't run in the halls! There are safer places for you to play!" She folded her arms across her chest and closed her eyes, letting out a fatigued sigh. A strand of her beautiful pink hair fell across her face and she pursed her lips together, blowing it in a worthless attempt to get to to go back from whence it had come.

"Anise, you always try that and it never works." The soft but masculine voice caused her jump, her eyes opening quickly while she involuntarily moved her hand to brush to the fallen strand behind her ear. "Oh! Carob, you scared me!" A hand rested on her chest in an effort to calm herself, a mild blush of embarrassment forming on her cheeks. "You know I startle easily." Carob laughed and shook his head, taking the girl by the hand. "Come with me. I have something to show you. Her blush became more intense as her dainty fingers wrapped around his hand, his back turned to her as he lead her through the compound. She hated it when he did this. How could he be so blind to not notice her feelings for him. Even such seemingly insignificant contact caused her face to go red but he never seemed to pick up on it.

Truthfully they looked like a natural couple, her pale complexion, pink hair and girlish face perfectly complimenting her counterpart who was a great deal taller and more muscular with messy hair of a more indigo shade and a face which was lacking in any distinct features but handsome just the same. He lead her to an area were the tight corridor finally opened up a bit more, jutting off in three directions. He took her down the middle path to a pair of large double doors, which opened automatically as they approached. "It's almost finished." Several rows of soft lights turned on overhead, a faint buzzing sound accompanying the light. Before the two of them stretched a massive indoor greenhouse, with a variety of crops which seemed to be struggling to yield any sort of food. "It doesn't look like much right now, I know, but if I can get a few more parts I'll have the irrigation system working perfectly, and the soil I've been getting works wonders. Last year we couldn't even get anything to grow. I think once I work these last few kinks out we'll actually be able to grow our own food." He released the girl's hand and turned to face her, putting his hands on his hips and grinning ear to ear. "What do you think? Am I handy or what?" Anise giggled, bouncing back and forth on the balls of her feet with her hands behind her back. "You're the best, for sure! But still..." Her expression suddenly became sullen and she bit her lip, her eyes falling to the side as her voice involuntarily became a hushed whisper. "What if...what if they find out?" The young man shook his head and put his hands on her shoulders. "They won't. The PTO have so many ships to keep track of that a couple of them going down won't be cause for concern. They'll just write it off as a loss. Besides, the stealth on my ship works perfectly, and they'd never think to look here even if it didn't. As far as they know this planet is abandoned."

That had been the exact reason he set them up on this planet to begin with. Their own world had been destroyed by an unfortunate natural event. Their people had fled, loading onto as many ships as possible, but they lost track of each other. Anise and Carob had taken children who were orphaned during the cataclysm onto the ship with them, and they floated through space until they found Daku. It was remote and lifeless, though there had clearly been life there once. The old military base they lived in needed repairs but Corab was able to handle it, and soon enough things became somewhat normal. Still, there were needs that had to be met, and to keep everyone from starving Corab had been using one of the ships that had been left behind to raid PTO convoys. He had a knack for it and had been successful with it for some time, always careful to make sure he wasn't followed or traced back somehow. "I know you worry, but everything will be OK. I promise."

As though waiting for his words as a cue a loud hum echoed through the room. The lights all shut down at once and Anise jumped toward Corab instinctively. He closed an arm around her while his free hand reached down to his belt, pulling out a flashlight and clicking it on. "Bad timing, huh? It'll be OK. I bet Basil is messing around in the power room again. I don't know how many times I've told him to stay away from there. He's got a real knack for learning it, but he's too young to realize he can't be playing games with our system." Corab rubbed his forehead as Anise reached for her own flashlight. "Yeah, I know. I get scared about nothing I guess." She gave him a smile, for his benefit more than anything. "Go get the power running again. I'll meet up with you in the main lounge." The two of them waved and went back out the large doors before parting ways, Anise going left and Corab heading back into the twisting halls. "This place is awfully designed. I wonder who built it." He chatted idly to himself while wandering through the halls, which seemed like second nature to him by now. The place really had become like home, in a way.

His happy musing came to a sudden end when the flashlight flew out of his hand. He watched as it swirled through the air, the beam of light repeatedly whirling 360 degrees. For a second he thought he saw something. A face? No, that wasn't possible. The flashlight hit the facing the wall and slowly rolled before the light went out. It was impossible to see in the corridors with no light. "That was strange..." He reached out with one arm, groping blind until he felt the metal wall against his palm. "There. OK. Now, just twenty or so more feet until I go left, and then..." His progress was interrupted once again when he bumped into something solid. Something he knew shouldn't have been there, and which he was now able to see a vague outline of. There was someone there.

"Who are...WAH! The question was cut off before he could deliver it. He lost control of his body, flying backward and slamming into the wall. A cry of pain forced itself out of his mouth as he got back to his feet. He was in pain, but not wounded. "I'll ask again. Who are..." As he tried to ask again the lights began to turn on, one by one, finally revealing the intruder.

Paixiao clasped his hands together and slowly approached the young man, sizing him up in the process. "So you're our pirate. I'll admit I expected someone a little older. More rugged, perhaps." Corab's eyes widened. "You found us." He meant it to be a question, but it came out as a grim statement while his expression changed to one of resolve. "I'd explain the situation here to you, but I doubt you care. The PTO never cares about anybody other than their own. The Namekian nodded his head, raising his arms and pointing them forward, palms open and fingers spread. "You're quite correct. Die." Two beams of blue ki exploded from his hands, but the young pirate was quick to move out of the way. He had some fighting experience himself and he wasn't going to just let the PTO invade.

A chase began through the narrow halls. Corab had the advantage, knowing when each twist and turn was coming and jolting down them easily. Paixiao's speed was evenly matched but his ignorance of the terrain slowed him down. Whenever he caught sight of his bounty he let out a salvo of ki, only for the young man to throw and arm back and return fire, much to Paixiao's surprise. "I mistook you for nothing more than riff raff! A pirate who would be useless out of his ship. I stand corrected. Killing you might actually be a challenge!" A laugh followed his words and Corab redoubled his effort to run. He had to warn Anise and the children, but he couldn't the second he stopped his pursuer would be there, and he couldn't afford to risk that. For all he knew the PTO thought he was a one man operation, and it would be best if he could keep it that way.

It would be dangerous to risk destroying the greenhouse, but now that the PTO knew they were hidden here it wouldn't matter. If he could beat this Namekian he would take Anise and the children and they would flee again, hopefully to somewhere peaceful, where they could live out the rest of their days without worry. He weighted the choice and decided it was the best option, leading Paixiao toward the large double doors. They opened for him and he charged into the room, turning to face the man who had come here to kill him. Paixiao slowed down to a walk as he entered the room, taking a moment to look at it with a sense close to admiration. "So this is why you've targeted the terraforming vessels. We thought someone was simply trying to sell them for parts, but we never expected this." Corab readied himself for a fight, but the Namekian casually strolled through the room, reaching out now and then to touch an ill-looking plant. "You've had some trouble, I see. Perhaps you thought it would get better next season?" He already knew the answer. He'd used the distraction earlier in the hallway to probe Corab's mind undetected. Now he was simply toying with his victim. "But surely all this food isn't meant for just one person, is it?" He offered a toothy sneer while Corab nodded. "It's all for me. I can preserve the extra food. I'm alone here." A low hiss emanated from Paixiao's mouth, his head shaking. "You're lying to me. We have her, you know." Corab froze, his eyes locked onto Paixiao who had stopped moving. "The children, too. All of you will be charged as pirates and sentenced to death. But you...your fate will be worst of all. You'll have to watch them die before you get your turn."

Energy suddenly flared quite visibly around Corab, who flew forward, his furious scream catching Paixiao by surprise. A balled fist smashed into the Namekian's face and sent him flying, but the pirate came in hot pursuit, landing kicks and punches to the head and torso. "I'll kill you! Do you understand me! We just want to live in peace! Why can't you leave us alone!?" Paixiao tried to block or dodge, but Corab constantly kept him off guard, landing blow after blow before he leaped into the air and dealt a particularly hard kick to the side of Paixiao's head, sending him flying across the room to crash violently against the wall, sliding down it into a heap on the floor. "Leave. Now. And never come back."

For almost a minute the Namekian didn't stir, but soon there was subtle movement. His shoulders bucking up and down. It was gentle at first, but eventually the motion quickened and the cause was soon heard. "Ha...haha...hahahahaha... He got up on one knee, slowly raising himself up to stand on both feet, wiping purple blood from below his small nose. "Hahahahaha!" His hands moved together, one quickly unclasping his cape while the other went for his turban, dropping both to the ground in one fluid motion. "You're strong, I'll give you that. But I have the tactical advantage. Come at me again, boy!" The two charged one another, and this time Paixiao was prepared. He threw chops while Corab threw punches, the two of them both landing an equal score of blows without relenting.

Corab jumped back and started hurling small orbs of ki which Paixiao deflected with his arms before retaliating with an invisible attack of his own Corab felt himself lose control of his body and the second Paixiao threw his arm out to the side Corab was thrown in the same direction by an invisible force. He crashed into a setup of large computer towers, shattering glass and shorting most of them out. As he sat on the ground panting and trying to get a hold of himself he was lifted up again and tossed all the way across the room into a bare wall, making contact with a dull thud sound. When the ringing in his ears went away he heard footsteps and looked up. The imaged swirled around before becoming whole again. Paixiao was approaching. "You've been enjoyable. Not like those weak, worthless rebels I encountered last time I was sent out. But this game is over."

The Namekian prepared his telekinesis again, but Corab was prepared. He had blocked his mind and used the advantage to charge Paixiao again with a surprise attack, once again pummeling the unprepared Namekian. This time he ended the flurry of blows by stretching his arms out, palms open and pressed together. "Ahhhhhh!" The scream was accompanied by a large ki beam that pushed Paixiao back. He slammed against the doors and struggled to get to his feet and Corab continued his charge. "Enough!" He threw the doors open with his psychic powers and Corab froze in place when he saw what was behind Paixiao.

"Corab!"

A small legion of PTO grunts had packed themselves into the hall, and at the front of them, down on her knees with several wrist lasers trained on her, was Anise. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, and the sight forced Corab to his knees. "I yield. Just...please. Don't hurt her. She's not involved in any of this. It was all me. I was the one who took the ship out and did the raids. I was the one who used your technology to build the greenhouse. It was all me. I swear it. Just...please. Let her go."

Paixiao was panting, still reeling from the attack, but it didn't stop a shallow laugh. "She is here. That is proof enough of her guilt. And the children too. We have them all." The rage returned to Corab's face and he leaped up, charging again. "You bastard!"

The charge would be short lived. "Cor...! Anise wasn't able to finish calling his name. Her words were silenced with the blast of a laser, her body falling motionless to the floor. Corab saw it all and lost his balance, his charge turning into a fumble as he dropped to all fours, tears already streaming down his face. Anise! He hit the ground and began to crawl. Paixiao stepped out of his way, his face suddenly devoid of expression as he watched the young man drag himself to her body. He "Anise! Anise! No! Please, no!" He reached out for her in an attempt to pull her to him and cradle her, but soldiers stepped forward and grabbed him, tossing him away so he landed on his back. An agonizing cry ripped itself from his throat as he laid there, hands pounding at the floor as the tears flooded from his eyes in a torrent of pain and regret. "I never...I never...ne...v...er..." It was getting hard for him to form words, each syllable punctuated with a sharp inhalation. He couldn't control the bawling. Seeing the woman he loved killed so mercilessly before him. It hadn't even been her fault, and he'd never told her how he felt. He'd had so many chances. The time they had sat up all night in the atrium together after the children had gone to bed, talking about fond memories from their home world. Or the first time Basil had shut down the power and how terrified she had been of the dark; the way she clung to him for protection while he reassured her. Even today in the hall when he'd taken her by the hand to show her his progress. Every day a missed chance to just tell her what he so obviously felt and what she'd so clearly wanted to hear.

Gone.

The youth managed to roll onto his side, eyes clamped shut as he aired his grief, her image burned into his head. Her smile, the way she always tried to blow fallen hair out of her face with no success. She had been taken from him. "P...p...please...torture me. Kill me...lock me away forever...I don't care anymore, but please...I beg you...the children. Please at least find them loving homes. They've...they've been through so much..." He crawled weakly to Paixiao, tugging on the the bottom of his pants like a child begging an angry parent. "I won't resist. I'll do nothing if you take me away...I'll face my fate as you see fit, but promise...promise me...the children. If you have any mercy in your soul..."

The look on Paixiao's face was an odd one, bordering on sympathy. "You have my word. Men, take him away. He'll give you no trouble now. His will to fight is gone." A small unit stepped forward and pulled the sobbing young man to his feet. He couldn't even walk. He didn't have it in him now, and his sobs only worsened when he was dragged past Anise's body, smoke still rising from the back of her head where she'd been shout. As he was taken away a soldier approached the Namekian. "General Kantz has ordered us to act as you see fit. Your orders, sir?" Another soldier approached, offering Paixiao his cape and turban. He put the cape on first, placing the turban back on top of his head as he spoke, his expression slowly shifting into something cold and horrifying. It wasn't joy, but a complete lack of anything. "Lock the children in their quarters and open fire with the ship. Don't stop until this building is a crater."

The soldier saluted and began to round up the men while Paixiao made his way past them to his pod to return to Frieza #79. On the way he passed Anise's body. He didn't even look down.
Paixiao
Paixiao
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum