Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sayuri vs. Jake

2 posters

Go down

Sayuri vs. Jake  Empty Sayuri vs. Jake

Post by Aqua 2/14/2012, 5:30 pm

Sayuri stood on the river bank staring at the fish with concentration. These psychic powers were so new to her. She seemed to look at the entire world differently after the purification. Scrunching her nose with effort she focused on the largest fish just below the surface. She envisioned an invisible rope secured around it and began to pull with her mind.

Much to her delight the fish began to drift against the current in her direction. When it was within reach, she scooped the fish into her net, threaded a line through its gills and set it back into the water until she had reached her quota for dinner that night.

With a small sigh she plopped down onto the soft earth and looked up at the sky. The afternoon storm clouds were making their first appearance upon the horizons. It was just about time to train, and though Trunks was gone, Sayuri made sure to stick with the schedule he had set.

She walked to the water and paused for a moment. She focused a small flat surface of ki in front of her feet and stepped upon it. She moved out into the middle of the water and began practicing her kicks and punches, all the while training against the mental resistance of her energy flooring, trying her best not to go for a swim. All the while she listened to the small snaps of branches echoing within the surrounding forest.
-------------------------------
WC: 244

Last edited by Sayuri on 2/14/2012, 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aqua
Aqua
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 22
Race: Human

https://www.facebook.com/JamieBankai

Back to top Go down

Sayuri vs. Jake  Empty Re: Sayuri vs. Jake

Post by Jake 2/14/2012, 7:56 pm

Jake was following a strong power level. He flew into the Rishi Forest, his old stomping grounds. He found a woman in the middle of the stream. "So you're the high power I've been sensing." He said smiling. His red hair moved with the breeze. His blue eyes looked at the woman. He hovered over to her. "I'm Jake." He said smiling. He held his hand to her.
Jake
Jake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua 2/14/2012, 11:38 pm

OOC: Please keep in mind that your post word count has to be 200 words earn exp. Also you have to post the word count at the bottom of each post. See the bottom of mine, how my word count is listed? You can look at the number count by typing your rps in microsoft word first, then copying and pasting them into the reply box. If you would like a chance to edit your last post please do so, and I will respond after. Don't worry, we'll have you roleplaying like a pro in no time!
Aqua
Aqua
Champion
Champion

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake 2/15/2012, 4:38 pm

Thanks. Here's my revamped reply!

Jake was training in the wilderness when he sensed a very high power level. He smirked, grateful for the hopeful challenge. He followed the strong power level, his cape blowing in the wind as he flew.

He flew into the Rishi Forest, his old stomping grounds. He remembered this place well. He remembered when he caught and killed his food to survive before Old Man Daikuyo found him. He smiled happily at the memory of his old master. He started to walk through the forest.

“heh. I missed this place.” He said quietly, smiling to himself. “I miss the old man though. He passed away not too long ago.” He said sadly as he continued through the forest. He decided to do some quick practice and stretch his muscles. He kicked a tree, causing leaves to fall. He sliced the leaves with his hands, sending the halves spiraling to the ground. Satisfied, he continued walking.

He found a woman in the middle of the stream. "So you're the high power I've been sensing." He said smiling. His red hair moved with the breeze. His blue eyes looked at the woman. He hovered over to her. "I'm Jake." He said smiling. He held his hand to her.

-Word count: 206-
Jake
Jake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua 2/15/2012, 6:51 pm

Sayuri noticed the sounds from the forest began to echo louder. Something’s getting closer. Pausing her training she stared at the thick line of trees towards all the noise. Very soon the cause of all the commotion showed itself.

Sayuri watched cautiously as a young man plowed his way into the clearing snapping branches as he approached. She raised an eyebrow in skepticism as he made no effort to conceal his movements. Obviously stealth was not his concern. His form was tall and muscular, and from the looks of it, he was Saiyan. Sayuri noted the rich brown tail wrapped around his waist. He hovered over towards her with a smile. She noticed his striking red hair glimmering in the sunlight.

When he was within distance, he reached a large hand out towards Sayuri. "I'm Jake." He said, his smile extending into his bright blue eyes.

“I am Sayuri,” she responded cautiously placing her hand in Jake’s and giving it a firm shake. “I have not seen you around these parts before.”

She released his hand and hovered towards the bank. All this concentration on staying above the water was starting to give her a head ache. When she reached the solid ground and landed with a small thud. Sayuri walked over to her supply pack next to her line of fish, pulled out a bottle of water, and took a long drink.

When she had finished she turned to Jake finally deciding he was of no danger and offered a pleasant smile. “So tell me, Jake, what brings you to these parts?”
--------------
WC: 265
Total: 509
Aqua
Aqua
Champion
Champion

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake 2/16/2012, 12:46 pm

Jake smiled when she shook his hand. He knelt down to the stream and washed his face with the cold water while she got a drink. He stood back up and looked at Sayuri. She was pretty, but he didn’t think she was a Saiyan, meaning she wouldn’t be a romantic interest. As a pure blooded legendary Saiyan, he would not have his genealogy soiled by non Saiyans. No offense to Sayuri however. She turned around and smiled.

“So tell me, Jake, what brings you to these parts?” She asked, with a kind tone in her voice. Jake smiled back.

“Well as you can already gather, I am a Saiyan. I am always intrigued by high power levels. And as custom on my planet, a woman with a high power level is respected. Therefore, I respect you.” Jake said, still smiling.

“And beauty combined with strength is an excellent weapon indeed.” Jake blushed and quickly added:

“But it’s just a compliment. I can’t pursue a non-Saiyan woman.” He stopped blushing. He threw a few punches and kicks at high speed to stretch his muscles out.

“But enough about me, what are you doing in the Rishi Forest?” He asked kindly.

WC- 200
Total- 406

Last edited by Jake on 2/16/2012, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spacing.)
Jake
Jake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua 2/16/2012, 2:09 pm

“So tell me, Jake, what brings you to these parts?” Sayuri asked.

“I am a Saiyan. I am always intrigued by high power levels. And as custom on my planet, a woman with a high power level is respected. Therefore, I respect you.” Jake said, still smiling.

Sayuri was shocked at the sudden realization that people would be coming to seek her out after her newly acquired powers. She gave a slight frown, knowing that her mentor Trunks would not be pleased with this mistake.

“And beauty combined with strength is an excellent weapon indeed.” Jake blushed and quickly added: “But it’s just a compliment. I can’t pursue a non-Saiyan woman.” He stopped blushing and uncomfortably threw a few punches and kicks at high speed into the air.

Sayuri stifled a laugh. “You Saiyans have such a way with words.” She said shaking her head. “Half a Saiyan is enough for me to deal with. My mentor Trunks is a handful sometimes.”

“But enough about me, what are you doing in the Rishi Forest?” He asked kindly.

“I am Keeper of the village on the lake not too far from here.” Sayuri said, as she absently mindedly rolled a ball of ki in her hands.” I come to this forest to train. “She released the cluster of energy into the water and watched it bubble as it connected with the bottom of the stream.

She turned to Jake with a mischievous grin and fired a small blast of ki in his direction. “You up for some fun?”
--------------------
Word Count: 257
Total: 766
Aqua
Aqua
Champion
Champion

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake 2/16/2012, 4:53 pm

Jake smirked when the ball of ki flew in his way.

He laughed happily. “I thought you’d never ask, Sayuri! I accept your challenge!” Jake said confidently. He knelt down into his combat stance. He started sizing up his opponent. She was of medium build. She didn’t look very muscular, but looks could be deceiving. He flexed his muscles and the familiar feel of ki rising went through his body. His energy swelled, and he crouched for attack.

“Here I come! Get ready!” He politely warned before dashing at Sayuri, throwing three punches at her shoulders, intending to hit them hard enough to disable her arms temporarily. He would then leap off the ground and flip over her and sweep his leg under her and knock her down. He would also target her nerve points to knock her out. He moved with grace and power while he conducted his attacks. He wasn't a very graceful person, however.

His mind flashed to his fights with Daikuyo. The old man had taught him a lot about combat. He grew up with him when he landed on earth. He was like the grandfather he never had. He showed him several techniques, but the Galick Gun was taught by his father. He would never forget.

-WC: 201-
-Total: 607-

Last edited by Jake on 2/21/2012, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changing things up.)
Jake
Jake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua 2/16/2012, 6:05 pm

You are showing a lot of improvement between posts! Just a reminder, spars should have no more than 3 battle actions per post. Each hit, or block/dodge counts as one action.

Jake wrote: Sayuri, throwing three punches at her shoulders, intending to hit them hard enough to disable her arms temporarily.If she blocked, he would flip over and sweep his leg under her and knock her down. He would also target her nerve points to knock her out. Lastly, if nothing else worked, he would use his Galick Gun.

The three quick punches can be considered 1 action as a pummel. The next two actions need to be clearly stated, for example He then shot a ball of ki towards her abdomen in hopes to cause her to fly back into a near by tree.

Also you can't prewrite conditions, or your move before you opponent reacts to it for eample

If she blocked, he would flip over her and sweep his leg under her and knock her down

If Sayuri did block your punches, on your next turn you could attempt (attempt is our magic word because no hit ever connects unless your opponent roleplays it as so) to sweep her legs out from under.

If you have any concerns by all means talk to Trunks or Shana as they are the battle masters. I also suggest you read a couple spars by other players to get a feel of the site. Here is a link to one that is a good example. http://www.infinitedbz.com/t104-shana-vs-kaiuri

Also here is a link to the combat page for more references http://www.infinitedbz.com/h4-combat

If you would like to edit your actions please do so. I have all the time in the world and I am enjoying helping/watching your progress
Aqua
Aqua
Champion
Champion

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake 2/21/2012, 12:33 pm

Edited. Thanks!
Jake
Jake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua 2/21/2012, 7:00 pm

OOC: Nice improvement! Looks great!

“I thought you’d never ask, Sayuri!” Jake exclmaimed a little too eagerly. “ I accept your challenge!” Jake said. She watched as he knelt into a what Sayuri noticed to be the same stance Trunks often took. Must be a Saiyan thing. I have never seen people who like to fight so much.

“Here I come! Get ready!” Sayuri was unused to such friendly tactics. Trunks was always trying to catch her off guard. She gingerly bobbed and weaved around his pummel of punches, but was not expecting his leg to sweep her feet out from under her. She felt her back connect with the ground causing a loud thud. Not wasting a moment Sayuri rolled to the side but not quite quick enough to avoid a pincher like move she guessed was meant for her upper shoulder, thankfully it only connected with her arm. She winced a bit knowing there might be a bruise there soon.

Wanting to make herself some room from the overbearing boy she used the first tactic that came to mind. Sayuri drew a deep breath in and exhailed with an extreme amount of ki force. She hoped the mystic breath would be enough to toss Jake back a few feet for her follow up.

Hopping to her feet Sayuri began to charge a softball sized sokidan in her palms. The little orb of energy made a faint electric whirring sound as she released it towards Jake. He was agile but she had the upper hand being able to control the blast’s movements with a flick of her finger and hunted him with it relentlessly.
-------------------------------
271/1,037
Aqua
Aqua
Champion
Champion

Character Info

Back to top Go down