Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trunks v. Sairai

2 posters

Go down

Trunks v. Sairai Empty Trunks v. Sairai

Post by Sairai 3/15/2012, 3:13 am

The sky was clear, stars peeking through the hemisphere as Sairai continued walking across the plains on the outskirts of East City. His eyes searched the ground before him for impediments as he strode softly across the grass. His tail swished softly this way and that as the wind began to pick up slightly. The Changeling chuckled slightly as he let the wind tickle his face.

“I’ll never be able to get over the bounty that this small planet offers. While it might not have the tactical advantage of other planets, the simple fact that it is as peaceful and full of great things as this grass or the trees is a testament to its awesome, thriving spirit.”

The young man sat down among the grass and let himself fall easily onto his back, wrapping his tail around his left leg as he stared up at the skies above. In his mind, he could almost hear a symphony accompanying his restful view of the night sky. To imagine that out there is someone who would wish harm to the inhabitants of this planet is unbearable… sickening even.

He sat up and looked around himself. He was certain he had heard something nearby, and caught an owl taking flight out of his peripheral vision. “I’m getting a little jumpy here lately,” he whispered to himself. The man brought his hands to his arms and rubbed them up and down, a sudden chill overtaking him.

Finally, he looked back up at the night sky and hummed a silent tune to himself as he contemplated the many beings who would want to take this beautiful planet as their own to exploit or destroy, or even perhaps both at once. The natural resources of this planet alone would make it useful to many would be tyrants as a mine or food growing center.

At that moment, Sairai made a decision that he was sure would alter his life forever. He would devote his life in its entirety to protecting places like Earth. It would be his purpose. He stood up and levitated a few feet off the ground before crossing his legs and sitting on the air beneath him. His eyes shifted from side to side to ensure that he was indeed alone before he closed his eyes and began to meditate, to solidify all thought in his mind toward this singular purpose.

Now, if only he could find someone who understood, someone who would be willing to help him if we would ever need it against a vastly superior opponent, such as one of the leaders of the Planet Trade Organization.

WC: 438
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 61
Race: Changeling

http://www.infinitedbz.com/t636-sairai-the-soft-hearted

Back to top Go down

Trunks v. Sairai Empty Re: Trunks v. Sairai

Post by Goku 3/15/2012, 2:52 pm

Trunks blazed a trail of white across the night skies, standing out like a comet among the stars. The only sound he could hear was the roaring of the wind whipping past him and the ruffling of his clothes. The shadowed land rolled by below him, as he passed over plains, forests and mountains. Glossy river snaked their way across the land, reflecting the light from thousands of stars like glittering diamonds.

It was another good night on Earth.

Visit my student Sairai, Trunks. From him you might learn a good deal. But, I think the young warrior might learn even more from training with you, Master Roshi had said. Trunks had obliged the venerable master, more than eager to help anyone who had been deemed worthy by the Turtle Hermit. The more allies he had, the better.

On the horizon he spotted the orange glow of East City. He closed his eyes and concentrated, seeking out any large ki signatures. With the city nearby, it wasn't easy, but within moments he had picked out the warrior, a torch among a million candles.

He found Sairai meditating. Trunks had no idea if the warrior could sense the ki of others, but he was suppressed anyways. Gently he glided down and landed among the soft grass. When he spoke it was in a clam voice, a soft voice. He didn't want to startle the warrior.

“Hello Sairai. Master Roshi sent me to check on you. He said you might be in need of some good training.”

The darkness had shrouded most of Sairai's figure, but as Trunks neared, padding across the plain, he started to make out his features.

He looks like Lord Frieza! Trunks thought, remembering his recent encounter with the tyrant Xeno.

WC: 271
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairai 3/15/2012, 7:08 pm

Sairai opened his eyes as he heard the man speak to him. A man with light, almost indigo colored hair stood before him, giving off almost no hint of power. He can control his Ki… Interesting, the young Changeling thought to himself as he uncrossed his legs and let his feet touch the ground. He felt the grass of the plain brushing up against his legs and smiled lightly.

“Training, huh? Master Roshi does seem to pit me against the most uneven of odds at times,” he said. He chuckled to himself for a moment before he looked up at the young man before him. It seemed as through this person not only knew Master Roshi, but was possibly a student and friend of the old master.

Sairai allowed himself a moment to think and looked up at the moon. It was nearly a half moon and provided a good bit of light. The Changeling turned back to the man before him and finally saw a small trace of what seemed to be a look of surprise, as if he had seen a ghost.

“I take it you encountered someone of my race before?” he asked. His tail swished from side to side for a moment with a light whistling sound before he spoke again. “I’m not like most of my race, of that I can absolutely assure you. I’m not the bloodthirsty tyrant type.”

WC: 235
TWC (Sairai): 673
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/16/2012, 2:06 am

“Training, huh? Master Roshi does seem to pit me against the most uneven of odds at times,” Sairai said.

"I don't think it was his intention to overwhelm you. I think half the time Roshi is just lazy. I came to him for training so he sends me to you. I guess that's killing two birds with one stone."

“I take it you encountered someone of my race before?” Sairai said. “I’m not like most of my race, of that I can absolutely assure you. I’m not the bloodthirsty tyrant type.”

Trunks sighed in relief. He sensed no malice from this being, not once bit. The usual heaviness he felt in the ki signatures of those that were evil was not there. Plus, he knew very well that looks could be deceiving and one's race did not dictate their destiny. Trunks was Half-Saiyan, that didn't mean he went around marauding helpless worlds.

"Your kind are very rare. I know very little about you. I did have an encounter with a being known as Lord Frieza and it was not a pleasant one. But, if Roshi trusts you, then I will as well."

The lavender haired warrior rested his hands on his hips and looked up at the twinkling stars.

"I'm not sure what sort of training Roshi had in mind for you. I supposed he left it up for me to decide. But, we'll start simple. I need to see where you're at. So, come, attack me with whatever you've got."

Trunks released some of his ki, bringing himself up to what he believed was an even level with the Xeno.

WC: 274
TWC: 545
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairai 3/16/2012, 2:32 am

“Frieza…” Sairai spat the name, as though it left a bitter taste on his tongue. He let the wind blow around him, letting the cool air calm him down before continuing. “The Royal Family members are some of the more… vicious representatives of my race. I apologize if he was any trouble.”

Sairai closed his eyes softly for a moment as he heard the voices of his mother and father berating him and trying desperately to change his ambivalent attitude toward conquering and political intrigue in general. You should be more like our distant cousins in the Royal Family. Ruthless, uncompromising, willing to do anything to get what you want. What’s wrong with you?!

Sairai sighed and opened his eyes as the man in front of him powered up to what he assumed was far less than his full power, but enough to give the Changeling a challenge. The smaller of the two warriors followed suit, unleashing his power to its fullest. While he only had a single powerful attack to his name, the aptly named Death Beam that his folks had forced him to learn at an early age, he would still try his best.

The otherworldly being broke out of his reverie with some difficulty, but managed to calm himself enough to collect his thoughts. This fight promised to be more than a simple challenge to his physical self. It also promised to be one heck of a learning experience.

“If you want to see what I can do, I’d be more than happy to oblige,” the student of Roshi said with a smile. Without further to say, the alien charged full speed at the larger warrior and struck out with his tail, spinning in mid air in an attempt to strike at the ribs of his strange new sparring partner.

While Sairai was more soft hearted than most of his race, he still enjoyed a good fight, and even a spar against a being that seemed to be this much more powerful than he was got his blood pumping in a most wondrous way.

WC: 347
TWC (Sairai): 1,020
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/16/2012, 3:13 pm

“If you want to see what I can do, I’d be more than happy to oblige,” Sairai said.

The Changeling charged at Trunks. While Trunks had been expecting a punch, maybe a kick, instead he got a swift tail bash to the side. The force behind the attack sent him hurtling sideways, whipping across the plain. Fighting against the velocity, Trunk used a pulse of ki like an air brake and came to a halt. He twisted his body and and skidded to a stop among the grass.

“So, your tail isn't just for looks,” Trunks said rubbing his tender ribs. “That's good to know.”

The Half-Saiyan vanished in a flicker of motion. When he re-appeared again, he was above Sairai and came down with a heavy axe kick aimed at the top of his shoulder blade. With another pulse of ki he launched himself backward, flipping around. When he landed this time, he dropped into a low crouch. Grinning, he sprung forward at his opponent. His arms moved like lightning as he unleashed a rain of punches targeting Sairai's midsection, attempting to both drive him back and test his defensive capabilities.

Trunks's white aura exploded around him in shimmering brilliance. He shot straight into the sky and came down, using both gravity and the speed afforded by his acceleration to unleash a devastating hammer blow aimed at Sairai's head.

Actions

-Take hit.
1) Flight + Speed Burst + Strike
2) Machine Gun Fist
3) Powered Flight + Rush Attack

WC: 254
TWC: 799
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairai 3/16/2012, 7:56 pm

Sairai was quite shocked when it turned out that his tail attack was actually successful, but his heart dropped into his bowels when he saw the man before him stop himself from flying too far. He commented on the fact that Sairai’s tail was not just a showpiece. It proved enough to say to get Sairai distracted as his opponent vanished from sight for a split second before appearing above the azure-skinned alien.

The Changeling knew he had no chance of dodging, so he made a split second decision to curl over on himself and allow his back to take the shot. It hurt. It hurt like hell, but it still allowed him to absorb most of the pain without taking too much by way of physical injury. He hit his knees from the pain then immediately stood up and used his ki to push himself a few feet back, unaware that the other (human?) had done the same and was preparing to strike him once more.

This time it was a flurry of fists that Sairai immediately used his somewhat admirable speed to try and outpace. He dodged one, two, then lost the attempt and got pummeled in the fist with the final strikes, which knocked him back on his tail in a twisted heap.

“Son of a…” Sairai started to say, his eyes nearly popping out of his head from the pain. He looked up into the sky, knowing that he was in a really vulnerable position, and sure enough his opponent was coming at him from the sky at full speed.

You’ve got to be kidding me! Sairai screamed inside of his head. Knowing that he couldn’t possibly take an attack like that head on, he immediately rolled onto his feet and was instantly surrounded by a blue aura and flew out of the way as fast as he could.

He stopped about 50 feet away, and turned back to look at the man who had just managed to make him look like a complete and total weakling. His words were labored, but he hoped the meaning remained true.

“There’s no possible way I’ll be able to win against someone like you,” he said, sweat falling from his form in torrents. He rubbed his hands against his abdomen for a few seconds, as if to massage the pain away, took a few deep breaths, and forced a smile through the pain.

“Doesn’t mean I’m going to give up, though,” he said under his breath. Extending his hand and pointing a single finger at the man in front of him. He opened himself up to the flow of his chakras, increasing his energy output as far as he could before channeling it all into his arms, through his hands, and concentrating it into a single point before his right index finger. His eyes took in all of the surroundings and then zeroed in on the man before him with brutal efficiency.

Without a word, he unleashed the Death Beam on his sparring partner. The beam, colored blue like his own aura, shot through the air with unerring precision.

Sairai paused for a moment to catch his breath and allowed himself a moment to consider his options. He could probably call an end to it immediately if he felt like he was in any real danger, but something about doing that made him feel ill at ease, so he decided to keep it going, at least until his fellow student of the Turtle Hermit called it quits.

There was no reason to stop, not yet, not until he had proven himself.

WC: 602
TWC:1,622

Actions
-Take Axe Kick to back
- Unsuccessful Dodge attempt to Machinegun Fist
1) Dodge Hammer Blow
2) Death beam
3) Rest and reassess
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/17/2012, 2:19 am

“There’s no possible way I’ll be able to win against someone like you,” Sairai said.

Trunks could see that Sairai was exhausted from trying to escape the onslaught of attacks he had just deliovered. Truth be told, the Half-Saiyan was quite impressed with the Xeno's abilities. He had not expected Sairai to put up such a successful defense.

“You've learned a great deal from Master Roshi, I see. And, I'm not that good. I am part Saiyan so fighting is in my blood. Don't take it personal. That's what this training is for, to help you progress,” Trunks said.

“Doesn’t mean I’m going to give up, though,” Sairai said.

“Good. I didn't expect you to.”

The lavender haired Half-Saiyan watched as a twinkle of light appeared at the end of Sairai's outstretched finger tip. He sensed Sairai's ki swelling as the alien warriored gathered energy to unleash an attack. Of course, he had no way to know what sort of ki attack was headed his way, but he was prepared for the worse.

A thin beam of ki, like a precision laser, shot forth at him. The speed of it was far too much for him to simply dodge. It also looked far to deadly for him to try block. The last thing he wanted was a puncture wound, they had a tendency to bleed like hell.

So, the only only option he had left was to meet ki with ki. Trunks didn't have time to gather energy for a ki wave or beam, but was able to form a chaotic yellow sphere the size of basketball by pumping tons of ki into it at a rapid pace. Bringing it over his head, he hurled the orb at the beam. Crude and desperate was all he could do, he hoped it would serve its purpose.

The orb met the beam in mid air, pausing its progress. That split second that it stopped moving was enough for him to step out of harm's way. The orb, volatile in nature, exploded immediately, kicking up a huge plume of smoke and dust. The Death Beam cut through the smoke and continued on its path, punching holes through several trees behind him.

“Not bad,” Trunks said through the sound of raining rock and dirt. “But try this one on for size.”

The Half-Saiyan raised his ki level a few notches. It would do Sairai good to face an attack that was more powerful than himself. Bringing both hands forward, Trunks summoned forth the ki dwelling in his inner core and let it surge out as a blue-white wave. The immense pressure of his ki dissolved the ground beneath the wave as it traveled towards Sairai, carving smoking trench in its wake.

Actions

1) Negate Death Beam with Ki Ball
2) Buster Cannon
3) Nothing

WC: 451
TWC: 1,250
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairai 3/17/2012, 3:00 am

Sairai stood in shock as the man simply threw a ball of ki at his most powerful attack and paused it just enough to dodge it. His mouth hung open for a moment before he managed to get ahold of himself again. “I can’t believe it…” he mumbled under his breath. He had been right. This opponent was so far out of his league it wasn’t even remotely funny. As the half-saiyan man stood before him once more, unscathed, Sairai shook with nervousness. He wasn’t sure what was coming next, but was damn sure he wouldn’t like it.

He tensed all of his muscles, preparing to take whatever was coming to him, when he noticed that his lavender haired trainer was actually beginning to grow even more powerful right in front of him. His power was growing much more powerful than Sairai had dared even imagine he was capable of.

A grimace crept across the Changeling’s face as he faced his opponent square on. His only thought was, If I can dodge this, I might have a chance of one last counter attack. Little did the Changeling warrior realize that there was really little he could do to take on an attack of the magnitude his opponent was preparing.

With little warning, a wave of ki was released, tearing up the ground beneath with its power. Sairai moved as fast as he could, trying to escape it, but still ending up catching part of the blast in the small of his back. He screamed in pain as he rolled over, trying to fight off the burning sensation assaulting his senses.

After a few short seconds, he managed to find the strength to bottle the pain and stand back up. He was trembling from the pain, but he was still going to face the man with pride and a straight face. “I… don’t think we’ve introduced ourselves yet. I’m Sairai. Nice to meet you,” he said through gritted teeth.

The pain was slowly beginning to sink its way into him, and he could barely talk, let alone continue fighting, but still he stood there, a defeated smile on his face, as he looked at the man he had been bested by with a mixture of admiration and envy.

WC: 377
TWC (Sairai): 1,999

Actions:
- Took the edge of Buster Cannon to the back.
1) No Action Taken
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/17/2012, 1:54 pm

The wave kept plowing through the forest, disintegrating everything in its path. Trunks ceased firing, turning his attention to his opponent. Sairai looked a bit banged up. He had missed the brunt of the attack, but being clipped by it had surely seemed to do its number on him.

“I… don’t think we’ve introduced ourselves yet. I’m Sairai. Nice to meet you."

Trunks felt like a moron. Even though he had known the Xeno warrior's name to be Sairai the entire time, he had forgotten to give his own name. The lavender haired Half-Saiyan put a his hand to his face and started laughing.

"How rude of me! I started beating you up, but I forgot to tell you who I am," Trunks said and then rubbed the back of his hair. "Trunks is the name. Sorry about that, I guess I was a bit carried away with my mission in all."

Dusting off his clothes he approached Sairai and clapped him on the shoulder. "You did well, very well. I'll have to tell Roshi that his training is really paying off. There's probably a lot for you to still learn, but I could say the same for myself. You seem like a kind person, but you have an instinct for fighting, that's for sure. I'm impressed."

A gentle breeze cut across the plain, stirring up some of the dust and debris that were now strewn about from their little bout.

"Well, it's late at night, and I think I've given you a work out. I'm going to head off. I hope we can do this again someday, Sairai."

Trunks's white aura crackled around him and he waved, before blasting away.

-End spar

WC: 282
TWC: 1,532
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down