Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ava Quest #20 - Spideros

Go down

Ava Quest #20 - Spideros Empty Ava Quest #20 - Spideros

Post by Ava 3/22/2012, 3:55 pm

Spideros

Easy Quest - 1,500 words

Requirement: None

Reward: 1,000 zeni and 10 Hero Points

A gang has been terrorizing West City. They call themselves the Spideros and have spider tattoos on their arms. It is said they are led by a powerful martial artist. Put a stop to the Spideros and defeat their leader.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ava still had not decided who to train with next. She had figured that she really didn’t need a master to teach her anymore. If she ever needed to consult someone, she could always ask Master Roshi, Master Korin or Master Kami.

She just needed practice, and lots of it. She needed to practice patience, accuracy, stealth, endurance and subtlety. She had never been very subtle in anything.
She guessed her it her brutal Saiyan blood that was spurring her on to be like that.
Either way, she needed to control it. She couldn’t go back to Hell, at any cost. Chiller would be waiting for her there, and then the inevitable would follow.

She shuddered as her skin crawled under her jeans and shirt as she made her monthly trip to West City. She would avoid all the places Bulma and Kaval frequented. She was still flying under the radar as far as he was concerned.

She stopped off at the grocery store and began her shopping when some men stormed into the shop suddenly. She watched as they made everyone lay on the ground. She stared at one man as he walked up to her and pointed a gun at her face.

“GET ON THE GROUND!” he shouted at her.

She laughed a little and carried on shopping.

He clearly got aggravated and shot at her back. She felt a little pinch in her back and turned to see the flattened bullet lying on the ground. She looked up at him. He was shocked.

“Did you honestly just shoot me?” she said to him.

He dropped his gun and ran for the door. She left her shopping cart and went walking after him, appearing at the front of the store, where the other robbers were watching as the other man ran out.

They looked at her and as if she could see the wheels in their heads working, they all turned and pointed their guns at her.
She looked around; there were at least twenty innocent people here in the shop. She had to play it safe, for now. She put her hands up.

“I’m the hostage negotiator.” She lied to the men.

“Hostage negotiator?” one man looked to another, who was clearly the leader.

“WHERE’S THE COPS!” the leader shouted at her.

“Ah, you know the cops in this town, fat and lazy from too many trips to the doughnut shop.” She smiled at him.
“Let the hostages go, and we can talk.” She smiled sweetly at him, batting her eye lashes just enough not to seem obvious.

The man looked at the others, who all smiled at him. Some of them raised their eyebrows as he smiled at her.

“Talk…” he said, walking up to her.

He lifted her hair up into his hand and smelled it. She just had to be patient. The right opportunity would present itself. She just needed to get everyone out of the shop.

“Yeah, we can talk…” he whispered into her ear.

She smiled as she realised she had him in her trap. This flirting thing Bulma had taught her really did work.

“Get out!” he shouted to the other shoppers.

They got up and rushed out. Ava saw one woman was dialling on her cell phone as she left. She was calling the cops.

“So what is your name?” the gang leader asked her.

“Gabrielle.” She lied.
“But you can call me Gabby.” She smiled at him.

She noted that he, as well as all the others had spider tattoos on their left upper arms.

“Okay, now that I have you attention.” She whispered, shooting her hand up and grabbing him around the throat.

He dropped his gun in shock as she squeezed his neck tightly and lifted him up into the air.

“How about you hand yourselves over to the cops?” she said, seeing the blue and red lights flashing and reflecting off the nearby buildings.

“That was a very dumb thing to do, broad.” One man opened fire at her with his machine gun.

She closed her eyes and felt the little pinches hitting her body here and there. After a few seconds, the gun stopped and the last of the man’s shells fell onto the tiles at his feet. She opened her eyes and looked at him. She blew a stray hair out of her eye and sighed.

“I was hoping for a peaceful day off today.” She said, looking at the leader.

She smiled.

She threw him back towards the back of the shop, slamming him into the fridges. The men watched as she dropped her hand and turned to look at them. She began walking up to them and they all opened fire on her. It didn’t even slow her down as she reached the first man and grabbed him by the neck. She lifted him up briefly before throwing him out the shop window, into the waiting circle of police cars.
She continued on, until she was at the last man, who was now hunched behind the till counter. She leaned over and pulled him out by the back of his collar.

“What… what are you?” he stuttered to her.

“Bored.” She answered throwing him out into the arms of the police men.

She walked around the counter to the back of the shop where the leader was. She saw the wrecked fridges, broken glass and spilled bottles of cold drinks everywhere, and a blood trail leading out the back of the shop.
She felt like following him but another man ran up behind her, looking at the fridges.

“My shop…” he cried to her.

“I’m so sorry. I got a little out of hand.” she smiled.

“No, it’s fine, I’m insured, but how did you do that?” he asked her.
She smiled.

“Luck, I guess.” She joked.

“The Spideros gang has been coming in here almost weekly and taking all of my cash.” He smiled at her.
“I’m sorry, but I have nothing to offer you in return.” He added.

“There’s no need. I’m just glad I could help.” she smiled back at him.

“I think the police chief wants to have a word with you.” He said, pointing out into the circle of police cars.

True enough, the police chief was there, waiting for her.
She sighed and walked out to meet him. Why had she done that? She could have blown her cover. She hadn’t been suppressing her ki while she was fighting, what if Kaval sensed her.

“Ah, Miss Ava, good to have you back in West City.” The police chief greeted her.

“I’m not back sir, I’m just doing my shopping.” She smiled at him.
“Or at least I was.” She added, shaking his hand.
“Who were those men, and what the hell is going on in this City?” she asked him.

“Spideros, the spider gang. They blew in a few weeks ago and just made themselves at home.” he said.
“You caught five of them; there are at least another twenty.” He explained.
“Their leader is a very good martial artist. He’s pummelled at least four of my boys in the field last week.” He sighed.
“You’re the only one who got close enough to actually scare them.” he smiled at her.
“I would like to offer you a job.” He added.

“Sir, I live out in Lilly Town permanently, I can’t move back here, not with…” she stopped. No one knew of her and Kaval.
“I have responsibilities there.” She smiled.

She had grown close to a little girl, Aria. She was 11 and had lost her parents a few years ago. Her grandfather was old and would go any day now. Ava was all she had.

“Very well, but then, could you at least help me get their leader behind bars.” The chief asked her.

She sighed. Why did she always fall for this?

“How long will this take?” she asked him.

“We’ll have you out for the town by tonight.” The chief smiled.

“Good. I have dinner plans.” She walked walking with him back to his car.

----------------------------------------------------------------

They took her to the police HQ and they got her suited up and gave her a pin with a mini camera in it. They wanted to be sure to get the arrest on camera for the judge to see. They briefed her on everything they knew about all the bad things the Spideros had done in the past few weeks. Everything from house robbery to jewellery heists. They even hijacked a cash-in-transit van and killed both drivers. Ava soon saw that they needed to be stopped.

They then drove her to the warehouse where they knew the Spideros gang lived and dropped her off around the corner.

“Now remember, don’t be a hero. If it gets sticky get out of there.” The police chief said to her.

“Relax, I’ll be fine.” She said, getting out the van and watched as they drove off.

They would have the place surrounded in just a few seconds; she just needed to wait a little longer.

They gave her the signal and she nodded.

She walked up to the door and slid it open. She walked in and looked around. It was pitch dark and damp. She could tell that there were several beating hearts in the room. She could also sense that there was a certain amount of goods in boxes on the other end of the room.

“Come out, come out where ever you are.” She smiled and slid the door shut.
She held her hand out and created a ki ball for light.

She was happy to see that it was white again.

“What are you?” she heard a voice.

“My name is Ava…” she carried on but she felt a bullet hit her shoulder.
She stopped and looked at it as it hit the floor, flattened.

“I asked what you are, not who.” The voice said.

She sensed the ki of a man that had been bleeding and his heart beat was slow and laboured.

“You might need to get that checked out.” She said to him.
“The prison has a fair infirmary.” She smiled.

“What are you?” the man asked, setting out into the light.
She was right, he was pretty banged up.

“I’m not human, if that’s what you’re asking.” She told him.

“An android?” the man asked.

“No. I’m… you know, it doesn’t matter. You’re coming in with me and going to jail for all the horrible things you’ve done.” She said, flitting behind him and quickly handcuffing him.

She held him down by the shoulder as he tried to get away from her and out of the cuffs.

“Nice try, but it’s over.” She said, beginning to march him over to the door.

He suddenly stopped and thrust his head back, hitting her squarely in the face.
She felt her nose crack from the blow and stepped back, blood pouring from her nose and tears filling her eyes.

The leader jumped up and over his arms and turned to look at her.

“Not so smart are you.” He smiled at her.

He snapped his fingers and his men all rushed forward and grabbed her. They pinned her down on the ground and by the time her eyes were clear from tears, she was looking up at him from the floor.

“What should we do with her boys?” the leader asked his men as one came forward and picked the handcuff’s lock. He shook them off and rubbed his wrists, looking down at her.

They all looked at each other and smiled. They all knew what it meant. Even Ava.

“Well then, have fun boys, I’ve got some cops to kill.” The leader said, walking towards the door.

Then men all leaned in to Ava, and begun tugging at her clothes.

“No… no… NO!” she shouted, powering up suddenly.

The sudden burst of white energy flung them back into the warehouse walls, even sending one man flying out through the sheet metal.

The leader turned around and looked at her as she floated up, and floated back down, her feet just hovering above the floor.

“I am… a Saiyan.” She breathed in hard, looking at the ground.

“No man but my mate shall have me.” she said, looking up at the leader.
He saw that her eyes were emerald green, glittering in the white light.

“And your time is up.” She said, bending over forward and powering up to her limit.

Her hair flashed gold and a fierce wind came up and blew all of the men back into the wall, holding them there.

The leader put up his arms and blocked her ki waves. She saw this and pushed further into her ki pool, and the wind speed and force shot up instantly and he was pushed off his feet and flung back into the door. As soon as she powered down, the police stormed the place.

Ava fell to her knees, breathing hard and sweating as the police arrested all the men and dragged them off to the cars. The chief walked up to her and helped her to her feet, she was smiling.

She had never pushed that far into her reserves before and stayed conscious. She was improving on endurance.

“You okay?” he asked her.

She nodded and walked off slowly to the door. She walked out and saw the policemen shoving the men into the cars and driving off.

“You did good.” The chief said, slipping a bag of Zenni into her hand.
She looked down at it and smiled.

“Thanks.” She smiled back at him.

Being good really had its pay offs.

She felt a strong ki spike suddenly and then plummet again. She looked around and sensed someone behind the warehouse across the road.

“You heading off now?” the chief asked her.

“Yeah…” she said absentmindedly.

He waved to her and took off, leaving her and the strong ki wielder alone in the alley way.

“You can come out now.” she said loudly, waiting.

Something moved in the shadows and she got ready to fight off one last member of the Spideros gang.

She was wrong.

Kaval stepped out into the last light as it funnelled along the alleyway.

She smiled at him and kicked the ground like a nervous teenager. She walked up to him slowly.

“Fancy meeting you here.” she smiled at him, but he didn’t look too impressed.
He looked down right angry, and she knew why.

“Look, I’m sorry… but I had to…” she went on but he looked at her angrily and she stopped.

“How long have you been back?” he asked her.

“A week…” she whispered.

He nodded.

“Why hide?” he asked her.

She shrugged.

“I figured if I wasn’t in the picture, then you might get on better with Bulma and Alex.” She told him.

“Get on.” He laughed slightly.
“You’re wrong. It changed nothing between them and I.” he told her.

She nodded nonchalantly and looked up the alley way.

“Did you go to hell?” he asked her.

She looked at him out of the corner of her eye.

She nodded.

“Not so nice, is it?” he asked her.

She shook her head. He could never know of the deal she struck with Chiller. He would never understand.

“Try not to get Bloodlust again.” he said to her.

She nodded again avidly.

She walked up to him, expecting him to hug her, but he pushed her away. She was shocked and taken aback. What was going on?

“WHAT THE HELL!” she shouted at him.

“I’m still mad at you. Just… stay away for a while, okay.” He said, shooting off in a white stream of ki.

She watched as it disappeared and she sighed and headed off back to the grocery store, where the owner had packaged up some stuff for her and put it in a bag, to say thank you.

She accepted it gracefully and headed back towards Lilly Town.

-------------------------------------------------------------

She got there and Aria and her grandfather were waiting outside her home for her.

“Hi guys, sorry for being late, have you been waiting long?” she smiled at them.

“Not really.” the little blonde haired, blue eyed girl smiled happily as she jumped up. Ava grabbed her and hugged her tightly.

“Come on monkey, dinner time.” Ava smiled at her.

------------------------------------
END
------------------------------------

Quest Status - Complete
WC - 2735
Ava
Ava
Former Member
Former Member

http://magnaangel.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: