Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Prince Vs The Fiery Maiden (CLOSED)

2 posters

Go down

The Prince Vs The Fiery Maiden (CLOSED) Empty The Prince Vs The Fiery Maiden (CLOSED)

Post by Novashen 7/5/2012, 11:23 pm

The Prince soared through the clear blue skies of Earth, not a cloud was in sight and the warm rays of the sun shone on his steel hard skin. His spirit was at rest, and he felt relaxed having only taken to the skies to get away from the rigors of training with Master Crane for a short while, yet something gnawed at him.

“It is so peaceful today, I love days like this,” the Prince though the air on his back, arms crossed and behind his head as if he were lying on hard ground. “Yet why do I feel so restless?”

Today Novashen was dressed in a simple pair of gray baggy training pants and a tight fitting gray long sleeved shirt that did nothing to conceal the well muscled body underneath, his long white hair was tied back into a pony tail so it didn't get in his way while flying.

He kept trying to let his mind wander into peace, focusing not on a thing in the world so that all thoughts would escape his conscious mind, and for short periods of time it worked, then a few minutes would pass by and he felt his body tensing up.

“Alright, I need someone to fight!” the Prince said energetically, having had enough of being unable to focus. “There is no better way to relax then a good spar, now where is somebody I can battle?”

This high in the air Novashen knew that it would be pointless to look around, so he proceeded to continue flying, feeling less restless now that he had a goal in mind, and after a short time he came across a site where he might find someone to battle.

From the air, he saw four marble colored pillars rising high into the air above a thick tangle of tree tops, though they were not in good condition and even as he approached he saw pieces of stone tumbling from their tops, crashing into the ground below, he was curious what else was hidden by the tangle of trees, though.

“Better fly in and check it out,”

Visual Enhancement Mode..., appeared in front of his eyes suddenly, and before he knew it he was viewing the ground around the ruins in clear detail. The ruin appeared to be some great ruin, used long ago, mostly likely for battling. In the center was a great expanse of stone tiles, maybe thirty feet by thirty feet, some of the tiles were broken and cracked as if some great force had hammered down into them. All around the tiled floor, was what appeared to be rows and rows of benches, possibly so that people could watch the battles taking place. The sudden change in his vision surprised him for a moment, though he was slowly getting used to the changes in the way his body operated.

“Let's see if someone is already here, if I'm lucky I might be able to find some forgotten warrior to battle!” Novashen thought, feeling more and more excited as his flight path took him closer to the arena, eventually touching down in the middle of the stone arena.

Looking around, Novashen did not see anyone immediately, feeling slightly downcast that there were no warriors around to battle him.

“I thought for sure somebody would be here, man,” Novashen shook his head at his own foolishness.

Feeling annoyed with himself, the Prince sat down in the middle of the arena crossing his legs as he did. His face was worked up into a dark glare, as if he staring at the stone beneath him would bring forth an opponent for him to do battle with.

WC - 622

Last edited by Novashen on 8/17/2012, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Closing off the spar)
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info
Level: 1
Race: Construct

Back to top Go down

The Prince Vs The Fiery Maiden (CLOSED) Empty Re: The Prince Vs The Fiery Maiden (CLOSED)

Post by Nyx 7/9/2012, 2:09 am

Nyx was restless today. Thoughts, many thoughts swarmed through her mind. Those of her past, her responsibilities, what the future held in store for her, and that strange encounter with 17 and the one called Novashen. Clenching her eyes shut, she shook her head as if to dispose of such thoughts whilst she flew through the warm summer air. It wasn't as if she was going to run into either of them anytime soon. The chances of that happening were slim at best.

It was time to set her priorities straight and get down to some serious business. With a constant threat shadowing her day and night, she knew that she had to find somewhere safe to hunker down. Someplace where no one, not even the likes of Novashen or 17 would be able to detect her. In this world, Nyx couldn't afford to take any risks. Searching for an ideal site was her first option. Looking for any scraps of civilization in this remote corner of the world for her to take out her frustrations on was the second. "Out here a base of operations or hideout would be a far too obvious place for anyone, let alone those vermin to look for me. No...I need to do better than this." Common sense, and the sheer genius of her mind kicked in, eliminating her interest in this location for a sanctuary.

While she was here, it couldn't hurt to look around. Gliding down lower and lower until she was just above the treetops, Nyx took in the area that sprawled beneath her. It was an interesting sight...not your average forest, that was for sure. Pillars of marble, totaling in four, jutted out from the foliage like mighty guardians, ancient and worn down by time itself. Ever the curious individual and with a love for exploring, Nyx proceeded closer until she saw a break in the interwoven branches of the trees. What she spotted was nothing short of amazing, in it's own right. The ruins may be old and falling apart, but even now they retained some of their former glory.

Fascinated, she drifted down into an open space amidst the rubble, deftly avoiding the branches of the trees in her descent. With a soft thud, her boots touched the ground. Immediately, her defenses went up a notch. There was no telling who or what could be lurking around this place. Step by step, the deadly female explored, peeking in nooks, brushing aside overgrown moss to read the inscribed carvings upon the stone with deep interest. For a moment, she didn't seem so deadly. Just curious, filled with wonderment. It wasn't until she descended a short set of steps, that her attitude changed.

There, sitting 15 feet away in the center of the area, was a most familiar figure. One she thought she would never see again. And certainly not so soon. Under her jacket, her muscles tensed, unseen, yet her expression remained neutral, if not slightly surprised. A step back was taken, searing gold eyes fixated on Novashen's seated form. "...You. It's you. From that lab...or whatever." Surprise turned to confidence, a small smirk playing at her lips. "I certainly didn't expect to find you here, of all places. Let alone cross paths with you again."

WC: 559
Nyx
Nyx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info
Race: Xeno

Back to top Go down

The Prince Vs The Fiery Maiden (CLOSED) Empty Re: The Prince Vs The Fiery Maiden (CLOSED)

Post by Novashen 7/9/2012, 10:45 pm

As he sat there miserably contemplating his existence and the lack of any good opponents to do battle with, a pulsating sensation filled his mind. It was a strange sensation, though one that was not unfamiliar to him, with the pulse came a general sense of strength, a general sense of understanding that another being was approaching him; it was just one of the many abilities he had apparently developed since awaking in this new realm. His pulse quickened with the realization that a new person was coming, a person he could possibly let some of his extra energy out on, after all this was an arena.

“This should prove interesting,” Novashen grinned, though his face was pointed towards the ground so that his facial features could not be seen. “Why else would someone come here unless they want to fight?”

"...You. It's you. From that lab...or whatever,” the voice Novashen heard was familiar, though it was mixed with surprise, he also looked up in surprise when he heard that voice.

"I certainly didn't expect to find you here, of all places. Let alone cross paths with you again,” the lovely maiden’s lip were drawn back into a smirk which for some reason did not seem to suit her, at least in Novashen's mind.

At once eager, and pleased to see they lovely Nyx, the maiden with eyes of fire that seemed to burn with hidden passion every time he gazed into, Novashen rose to his feet, respectfully bowing to the woman before him, showing her a degree of respect that royalty displayed only when dealing with the fairest of the fair.

“Lady Nyx, it is good to see you again. As usual you grace me with your presence and beauty. Even the light of the sun fades a little when standing in comparison with you,”he finished his bow, standing straight up again to meet Nyx's fiery gaze with his own plain eyes of brown.

The sun's rays penetrated through the deep foliage in random spots, casting rays of light onto the ruins beneath, and as if to further prove his point, Nyx had stepped forward into one of those spots causing her to be outlined in one of the sun's brilliant rays, giving her a glowing look.

Wearing his best smile, the Prince brushed some of his white hair back to get it from his eyes, an unconscious gesture of preening in response to the beauty he perceived, his eyes glinted with excitement.

A playful wind penetrated through the trees at that moment, gently playing with Nyx's and Novashen's hair, causing it to sway with it's whim.

“So what can I do for you? Did you come here to see me?” Novashen asked, his tone reflecting the excitement in his eyes.

Word Count - 466
TWC - 1088
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx 7/16/2012, 12:55 am

Once Novashen had stood, Nyx faced him fully, remaining a comfortable distance away. It was just like last time. Her body posture and demeanor were relaxed, calm and non-threatening. But as he had witnessed once before, this so called "maiden" could show her volatile side on the turn of a dime. Had it been a one time incident and nothing more? Or was what Novashen had seen truly real? He would just have to find out for himself.

"Lady Nyx, it is good to see you again. As usual you grace me with your presence and beauty. Even the light of the sun fades a little when standing in comparison with you," Such elegant words of flattery, and all for nothing. Sun scorched eyes remained devoid of any change in emotion, unmoved by his words of praise and worship. They held no meaning to her.

Just as she did with his words, Nyx completely ignored the cyborg's smile, the shine in his eyes, and even the surreal atmosphere that had settled in around them. Her focus was elsewhere...on one thing, and it would not be faltered. “So what can I do for you? Did you come here to see me?” Her eyes narrowed a fraction. "No. I did not come to see you." She replied stiffly. "I came here only to explore. But now that you are here, there is something you can do for me." Her lovely facial features grew dark, her voice low.

Without warning, she charged him. Her speed was blazing, too fast for the average eye to see. She moved with such fluid, precise grace as she closed the gap, whirling around behind him in simple twist. "Let's see how much of a prince you really are!" She snarled, while aiming her elbow for the back of his neck. Prepared for her next assault, she planted her hands on his shoulders to hurl herself up, while swinging at his legs with her feet. The fun had begun.

WC: 332
Nyx
Nyx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 7/20/2012, 9:54 pm

"I came here only to explore. But now that you are here, there is something you can do for me,” the lovely vision said to him, her voice growing dark and low. A strange intensity seeming to develop in the woman's stance just the moment before she sprang forward rushing towards the Prince.

She was fast, but Novahsen's eyes allowed him to keep up with her movements somewhat, only he was taken completely by surprise by her change in attitude, his wistful boyish crush having blinded him to the offensive energy that was flowing through her body. The moment she reached him, almost face to face she twisted away and behind from him, a pain erupting into the back of his neck moments later. A light pressure graced his shoulders, a slight pressure that could only indicate the transfer of her weight upon him. For a moment he lost his balance as he felt something hit his legs, he began to fall backwards his fall being halted by his flight systems kicking in.

It was just a small movement in the corner of his vision, but his enhanced vision identified it as part of his opponent's leg, the flow of ki energy in her veins clear in his eye. Out of reflex, he sent his arm shooting up reaching out for that leg, intending to wrap his powerful hand around her leg to stop her ascension into the sky, if successful his arm would jerk back to slam her down into the ground next to him, he was not going to let her gain the advantage of height upon him.

“Not quite the vision of grace, peace and beauty I thought,” the Prince thought, slightly disappointed. He had thought that the chance encounter he had with the woman when he first awoke would have been wrong, and that she would have been a creature perhaps just a tad fairer then she was behaving now. The Novarian was a man of taste, mannerisms, morals, and a code that in now way made it acceptable to harm a lady, before there had been some doubt in his mind that she was a creature that he could hold back on, and perhaps treat with a dignity. After a moment of hesitation, and coming to the realization that he had been foolish to hold on to any such notion, he tensed the muscles in his body and threw himself forward, forming himself to a ball so that he came onto his feet spinning to face where he had left his opponent.

Of course his sensors had not been inactive, as he gazed upon the woman's fiery eyes his enhanced vision analyzed the woman's body structure, determining that the muscles in her body were probably strengthened for hand to hand combat. Tensing the muscles in his legs, all the while keeping his gaze locked on his opponent Novashen leaped backwards putting some distance between her and him, a ball of energy cackling into existence into his right hand exploding into motion towards her, darting forward in an attempt to impact upon her body, to explode and consume the woman.

“More Prince then you can handle,” Novashen retorted, his eyes narrowed as he focused upon his foe, preparing his body to react to whatever his foe might throw at him.

WC - 556
TWC - 1644
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyx 7/29/2012, 11:03 pm

Happily, she sneered. Her jab to his neck, as well as the sharp blows with her feet to his legs had hit their marks. Surely, Novashen, with his oh so princely attitude was either too polite or too much of a coward to fight back. As his body fell to the ground, Nyx prepared her next attack, only to stop short as he seemed to hover mid air. So he had an integrated flight system? Nifty.

Shooting up higher and higher into the air, to gain the advantage of height, and prepare an assault of multiple blasts of energy, Nyx found an iron grip around her leg. She didn't even have the time to glower back down at her foe, who had sent her crashing down into the earth, where a small crater formed beneath her body. Unusually enough, as the pain seared through her, the deadly beauty showed no signs of fatigue. Instead, she appeared to like what she was feeling.

With the utmost agility, she, in a single flip, was back on her feet just moments before Novashen had formed himself into a ball. It was certainly an odd but effective form of attack, but Nyx remained unintimidated. As well as unimpressed. Instead of trying to avoid the head on collision coming her way, she braced herself. Her feet were planted firmly in the ground and she outstretched her hands, prepared to catch or either smack him away like an annoying fly.

He was right to assume that Nyx enjoyed combat in close quarters, but assuming facts about your opponent could also prove fatal. She was a creature who was full of lethal surprises. Boldly, she charged, even as he conjured up a ball of energy in his hand, throwing it her way. With a wicked gleam in her eyes and a fang bearing snarl, Nyx lashed her arm out to the side sharply, attempting to swat the energy ball away from her, mindless of any damage she took on.

In the blink of an eye, she was right there before him. Between her palms crackled a large sphere of electric energy, pulsating and growing as she fed her power into it as the seconds ticked by. It was the a sickly pale blue color, that of her aura. Lifting it up so it pressed against his chin, she replied to his statement. "I beg to differ. Prince." And with that, she fired the blast.

WC: 407
Nyx
Nyx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 7/30/2012, 1:59 am

His strategy had work only partially, having been able to land at least one blow successfully. Though she managed to deflect the ball of ki he had thrown at her. The blast of energy went careening off into the air exploding into a nearby boulder, showering the area in the powdery remains of the boulder.

“She has some skill,” Novashen thought, his eyes narrowing at the casual skill she displayed when knocking his attack away.

Then in a flash she was right in front of him, raising a hand to his chin as if reaching out to stroke his chin. That wasn't the case though, not as a cackling ball of sickly blue energy formed in her hands making it clear that her intent was not affectionate it but very violent.

"I beg to differ. Prince," the lovely maiden said to him, though in his eyes that beauty was fading fast. She was violent, and when he managed to inflict an attack upon her, the woman's eyes seemed to light up with excitement, his sensors registering an increase in her energy signature.

He had less then a moment to react, jerking backwards out of reflex while tilting his heads upwards. The combination of movement was enough for him to clear the brunt of the blast, though a small portion of the energy still connected searing across his. The Novarian's face was not made of normal flesh though, so the burning energy didn't do any lasting damage just leaving a black mark across his face from where the energy had hit him.

In the moment he had to think, he had also formed a plan. While he tilted backwards, he extended his right arm outwards as if reaching to punch her, half way to connecting though he focused a small portion of his energy, letting it flow into his right arm, the result was a blade of energy bursting from his hand clearing the remaining space between his hand and her stomach.

Not taking a moment to think, he focused energy into his muscles allowing him to temporarily push his limits. Moving, he appeared to disappear from sight for a moment wanting Nyx to lose track of him. In reality, he flipped into the air so that he was then above her his left hand hurtling towards the back of her neck.

In the moment before his fist impacted, he 'reappeared' the energy in his muscles spent.

“Your a few hundreds years to early to beat me,”
he whispered into her ear as he struck.

Word Count - 426
TWC - 1514

Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down