Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure Quest - Novashen - Medium

2 posters

Go down

Adventure Quest - Novashen - Medium Empty Adventure Quest - Novashen - Medium

Post by Novashen 7/7/2012, 3:06 am

“Master Roshi's student, where could one be?” the Prince was currently floating on a cushion of air far above the earth, it was one of his favorite things, it gave him a better perspective of the world, one where he could truly appreciate the beauty it had to offer.

As he thought about where he could find a student of his Master's hated foe, a series of details flooded his brain, filling him with all the necessary information about an ex-student of Master Roshi, his appearance, his habits, his strengths, and his weaknesses.

“Perfect, he will make an excellent foe to test the extent of my new abilities in this strange realm,” the Prince thought to himself, before willing his body into motion causing him to fly rapidly through the sky, skimming just above the top of the leafy boughs of the forests below.

The Prince's face had grown serious, his normally jovial eyes had hardened reflecting the resolve the man felt in his heart. He had to beat this foe, he had to overcome the challenge a head so that he could receive the training needed to progress himself, to further his own ambition. Though he was lost in this world, and was not sure what that ambition was quite yet, he would work that out along the way.

Wind whipped against his skin with force that would have cut a normal being's flesh apart, the force was nothing against the Prince's steel hard skin, feeling like a calm breeze on a spring day. Droplets of water smothered his body, as he flew into clouds bursting out the other side, sending the clouds of vapor scattering in all directions.

For hours he flew focused on his mission, his mind set on only one thing fighting the foe that he knew would come, eventually after crossing what seemed hundreds of miles, a town appeared on the horizon at the edge of the Prince's vision.

“Finally, I can see just how power Master Roshi's students really are,” the Prince thought, eager to test his power against those of a warrior already trained by a Master.

A few minutes later, he was hovering on the edge of the town, watching the citizens scurry around about their business, odd looking shapes that spewed a cloud of gray drove around the town. Watching, Novashen proceeded to see if he could find the student by staying on the edge of town.

Word Count - 409
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info
Level: 1
Race: Construct

Back to top Go down

Adventure Quest - Novashen - Medium Empty Re: Adventure Quest - Novashen - Medium

Post by Game Master 7/10/2012, 12:53 pm

The town was large for a town. It had grown since the wine trade and their farming had increased. They were known for their Uruka berries. A berry that had a slight tartness to it. This town was also just a couple miles from the sea, making it close to Roshi's island and one of the more popular spots for Roshi's students. The occasional small tournament would be put on which made it a wonderful touristy spot.

The town center was primarily made up of the Town Hall sitting just north of the Tai Xu water fountain, named after the one who created the first Uruka Wine and brought prosperity to the town. The town's name was called Xu. The town center was small, only made up of a few shops and homes. The mayor was out watering his garden as others were shopping at the general store. Outside of the town was the farmland which stretched for miles.

From above, looking for the black haired student wasn't going to be easy. From what was known, the young man never wore his gi while off the island. And when he was off the island, though he was known to hang around here, he was all over the place helping where he could. His name was Ashikawa Machiko. Only thing exceptional about the man was that he was friendly and always willing to help.

Options:
1. Ask someone where Ashikawa Machiko was.
2. Continue to search from the outskirts.
3. Destroy the town.
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Adventure Quest - Novashen - Medium Empty Re: Adventure Quest - Novashen - Medium

Post by Novashen 7/12/2012, 1:05 am

His enhanced eyes sweeping across the town, Novashen began searching for a power that would be somewhat equal to his, he had been sure that his his database had told him correctly that his foe was near his strength.

"Now where could he be hiding," Novashen thought, gripping his chin in his hand thoughtfully.

The scan he did of the two revealed several life forms, one appeared to be a slightly older man, who seemed preoccupied in watering a small, yet lush garden. The rest were a group of people, all milling around one center building, each taking turns browsing through a stand of objects, handing someone some money, and then either walking off or standing in a group and chatting.

"Must be a store, maybe I'll check with them to see what's going on," Novashen thought, his mind wandering back to the data that he had recieved regarding the warrior he was seeking.

File - Ashikawa Machiko, Student of Roshi, Threat Level - Moderate, Disposition – Friendly.

The information was not very detailed, but all he should really have to do is search for a man that was close to his strength, and then challenge him to a fight.

Willing himself to lower, Novashen slowly floated to the ground. He timed his descent so that he would land just outside the throng of people, who were gathered outside what only could be a store of some sort. The Prince's robes fluttered wildly in the wind, his long white hair whipping wildly throughout the air, warm sun rays warmed his back as he descended as he blotted out the sun above the small crowd casting a shadow upon them until he was too close to the ground.

Landing lightly upon the ground, the tips of his toes touching first before his heels gently touched ground. Looking up, he moved his head left to right, further inspecting the crowd with his scanners, using his innate ability to try and pick up any signs of an exceptionally power individual, yet disappoint was to be the result as he determined that they were all average.

“How can a man of his strength be hiding from my sense?” Novashen wondered, thinking carefully about what he knew of the man, his eyes furrowed in concentration. Yet after several moments no new information came to his mind, like when he usually thought of something that he did not know the answer of.

“Well it was worth a shot, I guess it's time for a game of seek,” he smiled cheerfully as he spoke out loud. A memory of playing seek with his younger siblings back home warmed his mind. He was playing in the castle garden with his siblings, moving from planet to statue, peeking around corners, as he sought his siblings in a game they called 'seek', which was a game where one person was the seeker, who would do his best to find the other players. He always won.

Meeting the gaze of a young man who was standing close by gawking at the man who had descended from the sky, Novashen noticed he seemed simple enough, with short dark brown hair, blue eyes, and clothing that had been stained with sweat and mud from working in the fields.

“Excuse me good sir,” Novashen addressed the man, trying his best to keep from grimacing at the foul smell that seemed to be emitting from the man. “Do you know anyone named Ashikawa?”

WC - 582
TWC - 991
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 7/14/2012, 9:41 am

The descending man didn't go unnoticed. People looked up while others pointed. It wasn't like they hadn't seen anyone that could fly, but it was a new comer. Most of the time it was Roshi's students that visited. But this man was regal. Dressed in fine clothing, the likes of which some hadn't seen in ages when kings ruled Earth. For this area, that was mere fifty years ago before one of the students had taken him out for his tyrannical deeds. Now they were under the leadership of the President of Earth.

Once the Prince had landed, he had caught a young man. A man by the name of Corwin who was always in awe of the warriors from the skies. He would try and convince Roshi to train him whenever he would show up, but had been turned down as being too old to teach effectively. All of his students started at ten or younger. A lot of it had to do with the training and how rigorous it was.

“Excuse me good sir, Do you know anyone named Ashikawa?”

The boy snapped out of his admiration. "Machi? Last I saw him he was at Old Man Ira's farm. But that was about two hours ago. He lives down that road about three miles, on the right. Say, Roshi has always denied me training because of my age. Do you think Roshi would mind if you taught me? I've always wanted to do what you guys can do."

Options: (Machi's powerlevel is hidden)
Take the Boy and ignore Machi
Ignore the boy and go to Machi
Take the Boy and go to Machi
Destroy the town to drag Machi out
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 7/15/2012, 5:24 am

The boy was staring up at Novashen with eyes full of admiration, it seemed that the young man really respected the martial arts, even requesting to train with the Prince.

Novashen smiled at the boys enthuasism, his eyes lighting up at just how eager the boy seemed to learn, so eager that he did not even question the intentions of the warrior before him. It seemed the boy was willing to trust anyone who seemed good natured enough, Novashen was not about to betray that trust.

"I would be glad to show you a thing or two, though I am not qualified as of yet to train someone in the Martial Arts, I am still learning the finer points myself. My Master would probably be eager to train you though. After I have met with... Machi , I will take you to my Master," Novashen replied, though he in fact had no idea whether or not his Master would want to train the boy, he would probably be at least interested in meeting the boy since Roshi had rejected him. For some reason, his Master was obsessed with the man known as the 'Turtle Hermit'.

“Alright boy, grab on and point me along the way and we can go see Machi,” Novashen nodded to the boy as he held out his hand.

Once the boy grabbed Novashen's hand, he circled his arm around the boy, tucking him close against him so that while he flew he would not be hurt by the forces that would assail them. Effortlessly he lifted the boy from the ground, holding him against up against his side.

“Are you read boy?” Novashen asked his passenger, once getting the nod that the boy was indeed comfortable, he willed himself into the air, his flight systems activating at his silent mental command.

As they lifted into the air, their feet floating above the ground, Novashen heard the boy gasp in delight. The young mans reaction brought a smile to the Prince's lips, he was happy to see the boy enjoying himself, even if he was just a smelly peasant boy. Even in this realm, the Prince still thought he should try his best to help the populace relax.

After consulting with the boy he now held in his arms, Novashen shot off towards Ira's farm, moving just fast enough that he would not hurt the boy, but not so slow that it would take them a long time to reach the farm. Still it was a pleasant day to go being flying at such a relaxed pace, the sun was shining in the sky, warming his backside as he flew.

“So, why do you want to learn the martial arts so badly?” Novashen asked the young man as they flew towards the farm, hoping some conversation would help pass the time.

WC - 477
TWC - 1438
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 7/28/2012, 11:22 pm

The boy looked around. He looked at the ground as they flew by. Watched birds leave their path as they flew by. This was what he wanted to do. Seeing the freedom these warriors had, made him want to taste that.

"So, why do you want to learn the martial arts so badly?"

The boy thought a moment. It simply had interested him. Nothing more than that, aside from being able to do things like this. "I always dreamed of being more than just a farmer. I want to do more with my life. The freedom you guys seem to enjoy to me seems like it's bliss. Go where you want, do as you please."

He looked around. "Ira's farm is right there." He pointed at a simple farm land. Small, with a few goats. No one seemed to be outside from what anyone could tell. "Machi seems to dart around a lot. Not sure if he's still here or not. What do you want with Machi anyway?"

Options:
1) Destoy the house
2) Land and look around
3) Keep searching
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 7/31/2012, 1:49 am

The land beneath them shrank away rapidly as the pair soared upon the winds. Though this was far from Novashen's top speed, wanting to allow the young man he held in his arms an opportunity to experience it first hand.

After a moments pause the boy answered his question, "I always dreamed of being more than just a farmer. I want to do more with my life. The freedom you guys seem to enjoy to me seems like it's bliss. Go where you want, do as you please."

The boy's tone seemed wistful to the Prince, though he could not quite decide if the boy simply wanted the freedom to escape his responsibilities or if he seriously had the discipline to achieve the powers he wanted.

The Prince took some time to ponder the young man's statement, it was easy to think while he was flying free like a bird, his thoughts flowing as easy as the wind. Though he did not have long to think as the young man pointed at a farm below and a head of them, stating that the farm stead was the land they sought, and that Machi darted around a lot and might not be at the cottage.

Gazing upon the farm, his enhanced vision zoomed in upon the land letting him clearly see what was below as if he was standing on the ground in front of it, instead of high in the air. He noted a few goats grazing calmly upon the grass, though there might have been a few people inside the building, his sensors told him nothing conclusive at the moment.

“Perhaps this Machi is inside with his energy signature masked,” Novashen pondered, deciding to check out the main building that appeared to be a house.

Changing his flight path, he and the boy landed in front of the house, Novashen's feet hovering above the ground briefly before for just a moment.

“Why do I wish to find Machi you ask? He and I have a long over due match to see which one of us is the better fighter. You could also say it is a matter of who which school is better, the Turtle school or the Crane school,” Novashen hated lying to the boy, acting as if he actually knew Machi, but it had to be done the boy probably would not help him if he knew the battle was going to be violent.

Though Novashen did not intend on killing Machi, he also was not going to hold back either and there could be a good chance that one of them could fall in combat. He was excited of course, this was going to be his first real battle since coming to this world and also if he won he would get more training from the Crane Master and possibly some answers as to how he came to this world.

Now that he was in front of the house, he didn't hesitate to knock on the plain wooden door that stood before him, hoping that Machi was inside masking his energy signature from him.

WC - 520
TWC - 1955
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 8/18/2012, 12:52 pm

The door opened to reveal an old man, maybe seventy years of age. His eyes looked at you for a second and you could tell he was blind, or at least mostly. "Yes? How can I help you?"

Machi appeared behind and the boy lit up. "Machi! This one here said he came from the Crane school and wants to challenge you! Can I watch? I always love seeing these types of sparring matches.

Machi walked up and helped the old man into the living room. "Wait here. I'll be back shortly to finish the harvest." He turned and looked at you, his demeanor changing from the kind hearted boy, to a quite a determined warrior. The last thing he wanted was to fight, especially from Roshi's rival school, but Roshi said these would pop up occasionally.

"You want to fight huh? Yoshi, watch Ira please." His eyes never left you. With reluctance, Yoshi went in. He was going to miss the fight and it annoyed him. "Let's go somewhere where no one will get hurt."

Options:
1) Attack him here
2) Agree and follow
3) Agree and follow but bring the boy
4) Just kill everyone.
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 8/18/2012, 6:39 pm

It had been a long journey, one that had taken Novashen far from his Master's dojo. That fact only worried him slightly, as he could very well be deep in Master Roshi's territory not knowing how many opponents lay in wait for him.

It was time though, Machi had finally arrived coming from out of nowhere, certainly Novashen had not detected his foe's energy signature, and his only way of following the mysterious man was visually. It had not been what he was expecting, the information he had about the man indicated no such ability.

“It seems even that twisted man wasn't a perfect genius,” Novashen thought, it was a dark thought in his mind he very much wanted to hurt the man that had experimented on his body, but alas he was too late someone had beaten him to it already.

“Hold it Machi,” Novashen said, he wanted his words to stop the human in it's tracks. “There is no reason for this boy not to experience the martial arts, if he has the will and drive to learn then a little discipline will only help him.”

The Prince spoke with a firmness in his foe, his experience as being a royal figurehead lending an air of authority to his tone. Novashen had traveled quite the distance with the boy, and having taken stock of the boy did not want him to miss out on seeing this match. The boy had all of the proper energy necessary to excel at the martial arts, he just lacked discipline and the martial arts could impart just the sort of instruction the boy would require.

“There is also no need for you to go anywhere either, unless you have such little control over your own power that you you fear for the living around us, me I know my skills and have no intention of causing any wanton destruction,” Novashen's voice was steady and confident as he spoke, reflecting the depths of control he had over his own skill.

With one hand he grabbed the boy, halting his progress and with a quick twist of his hand brought the boy around so that his eyes would be facing the two warriors. Next, he very gracefully jumped into the air releasing the boy as he did so, a moment later he landed nimbly on a nearby fence post his hand firmly gripping the hilt of his sword.

“Now if you truly claim the title of martial artist then come at me, show me that Roshi is not just a sniveling old man,” Novashen mocked the man before him, again taking on a noble air though this time to the effect of a man speaking down to another, as if he inherently superior just because he had been born to a title.

His eyes looked over the man before him, the enhanced sensors implanted their analyzing the muscle tissue of the man. Though he could not accurately predict how he would move or act just by analyzing the man's body structure, he was able to tell what kind of actions the man was best at, and what actions he would not be able to perform with proper skill, and even some weaknesses; for it was the curse of biological creatures not to posses a perfect body free of flaws.

Darting forward he flew from the fence post he had landed on so nimbly just moments before aimed at Machi like an arrow fired from a bow. His hand on the hilt of his sword still he made as if to draw and swing the blade from it's sheath as he came in close, but that was just a feint and when he were in striking range he brought out his right hand punching forward just as a blade of energy erupted from his hand aimed at the man's dominate hand.

wc - 651
twc - 2606
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 8/18/2012, 8:28 pm

Machi already disliked this guy. The fact he was willing to fight where there were innocent people around. The shear force of their strikes could destroy this land. He looked over at Yoshi. The boy had heart and the desire, but with this kind of power, he would simply seek more. Some weren't built for this. Machi studied to help people. Yoshi wanted to learn because he wanted to know how to fight.

The stranger came at him. Behind him was the house. He would have to becareful not to let innocent people get hurt. Machi stared at the man that came rushing at him. His fists tightened as a slab of stone popped up in front of the charging warrior.

Machi was on the move, trying to find a spot that a home or crop was in danger. He had tricks and lots of them. He's always been gifted in that sense. He had a hard time manifesting energy, but he could manipulate things around him. Something Roshi couldn't help with, but it didn't matter. Roshi toughened him up as well as made him faster.

He let his energy seep, increasing, raising his power. to the max with little effort. His aura erupted around him. He was always calm, even in the most dire situations. He stayed close to the ground, hovering just barely over, keeping his eyes on the one before him.
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 8/18/2012, 9:12 pm

His opponent was quick and nimble, Novashen saw his foe's muscles tighten his enhanced sensors noting the change in his body's physique instantly. As he charged though, a slab or rock jumped in front of his oncoming fist, the blade of energy that manifested stabbing into that instead. At that instant Novashen knew that the foe he was fighting had to be someone who possessed magical powers, for only someone with magic could truly manipulate the elements so easily.

With his free hand Novashen reached out to the wall that had appeared in front of his hand and pressed it firmly against it, the motion of his body caused his elbow to bend as it made certain that his body would slam hard against the rock solid slab. Instinctively his flight systems turned on sending his body flying upward in the sky, though his form was somewhat awkward, the Prince was still trying to grow accustomed to all of the new features of his body. He landed upon the newly created slab of rocking, alighting only for a moment before springing forward towards his foe.

“He can at least manipulate the Earth, unless he is truly gifted the air will not be at his command, at least I hope not,” Novashen thought, he knew that he would be extremely limited if his foe had all four of the elements as his command, even more so if his foe had a true mastery of them.

For some reason Machi still had not taken the offensive against him, seemingly preferring a more defensive approach against the Prince. Novashen made a quick note of this as he jumped from the wall charging through the air to attack Machi, this time as he reached striking range he flew upwards flipping through the air only to kick out at the back of his foe's head as he exited the flip.

He wasted no more time trying to close range with with Machi, instead he held out a hand sending a charge of energy flowing through it to focus into the tip of his finger, a moment later a quick beam of energy fired outwards streaking towards his enemy's hopefully exposed back. Novashen in the meantime remained floating softly in the air, waiting to evaluate how his foe would respond.

WC - 385
TWC - 2991
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 8/21/2012, 12:07 am

The attacker rushed at him again after avoiding the rock wall very ungracefully. He came in quickly, then bounded over him flipping. Machi ducked down and swung his leg around as the white haired fighter threw a kick, missing his head. Machi's leg swung out and high aiming for his chest. Though he anticipated an attack, he wasn't expecting the blast which struck him hard. He wasn't sure if the kick landed or not as his entire body felt like it was struck by a super heated girder.

He struck the ground and tumbled before he managed to get his hands planted and sprung upwards. He landed on his feet, arms wide, then they came together as water from the crops, the nearby stream, and the sprinklers came rushing in to surround the one before him.

Once a sphere of water formed around this one, almost like a barrier, water would shoot from it and turn to icecicles to impale him while the barrier turned to ice itself. He hated doing this, but this one had attacked him. The points of attack wasn't to kill him though, only to disable, going for the knees, legs, arms, and chest around the heart and lungs, where they'd normally be anyway.
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 8/21/2012, 1:58 am

A foot collided into his chest as his foe nimbly countered his own attack, yet it seemed Machi was not ready for the follow up energy blast that burst from his hand. Yet Novashen did not let his guard down for a moment as he saw his foe tumble backwards hands spread outwards as he stood.

“An opening,” that was the first thought that came to Novashen, then a quick flash of data from his earlier analysis entered his mind, judging from the way the man's muscles had developed it was not an actual opening but the beginning of an attack, “but what could it be?”

Novashen watched as Machi's hands closed together, and it was impossible to miss the result as steams of water from all around began to condense around him.

“More magic,” the Prince's eyes went wide for a moment, though he did not hesitate to send a surge of energy into all of his muscles so as he moved he exceeded his normal limits bursting forward. His face impacted upon the barrier of luke warm water smacking hard against it, yet the force of his movement made the water give way allowing most of his body to surge free from the trap, but he still felt a surge of pain come from his leg.

“Agh,” Novashen could not help but let out a little cry of pain as he looked back only to see his leg half frozen in what looked like a solid sphere of ice, and by the feel of it something had stabbed into his body, though how much damage there could be he had no idea.

This fight was quickly turning out to be much more then he had thought, his records had indicated that Machi was a moderate warrior certainly one that would have proven to be a good match for Novashen. His records had been incomplete, nothing in them had indicated that this man could use magic.

“Likely that old man did not know what magic was,” Novashen thought, not for the first time wishing to inflict great violence upon the man who had defiled his body.

Yet he had no time to think or pause, he was in the middle of a fight and he had a sudden surge of inspiration. Though the ice did weigh a bit more then he was used to, it still wasn't so heavy to fully impair his flight abilities. Releasing another flow of energy into his body causing an aura of energy to form around him, his foot lifted up into the air moving the sphere of ice high into the sky, only to bring it down upon the human below the Prince's movements aided by the additional surge of energy that had formed around him.

The Prince knew that Machi was a skilled fighter though, and this battle was going to take all he had. Already he had suffered some unexpected damage from the magical arts that this strange human possessed, and if he had this kind of mastery over the elements, what else could he do?

“Wait, he hasen't used ki at all on me since this battle has begun and he has yet to even attempt to take flight,” the thought struck Novashen just as he was about to charge Machi halting his movements. “On top of that I could not sense his energy.”

It was a guess, and certainly not one of his best ones but Novashen had the feeling that this man probably wasn't as good with energy as he was with magic. Once again Novashen sent a surge of energy into his muscles, causing him to burst upwards into the air away from the so far earthbound Machi causing him to soar fast and high into the sky, carefully he pushed both of his hands against the sphere of ice that trapped his foot using all his strength to rip it free.

“Ugh,” a small surge of pain assaulted his senses as he freed his foot, but that did not distract him as he was careful to keep the sphere of ice between him and Machi using it to obscure his vision and possibly ruin any counter attack that would be coming his way.

Word Count - 715
TWC - 3706
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 8/22/2012, 12:34 am

Machi cursed himself as the trap failed. Sure he caught part of him but that wasn't the plan. He had always been hard on himself. His training mates were better than him at most anything because their ability to do energy blasts.

The man before his came at him swinging the large ball of ice at him. One thing this man didn't realize was that he had control of this ball he was trying to crush him with. He pulled his hand back as the ice shattered into an ice cold rain that came down on him.

Machi looked up and grinned at the man who had retreated high above him. Yes he couldn't fly. He could hover, but that wouldn't reach him. But he had more to him. Several trees exploded to life as their leaves shot towards his enemy. The leaves were hardened and were like little razor blades. It was a trick he learned by using the water that resided in the leaves to create a thin blade around it.
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 8/24/2012, 8:51 pm

The globe of ice that he had tried to attack with, and had been attempting to use for cover burst into water raining on the ground beneath him. It was further proof that the man before him had some kind of innate ability to control the elements, and Novashen knew through experience that it could only be magic.

“I did not know someone so talented in magic and the martial arts existed here,” Novashen thought, his eyes narrowing in frustration.

A moment later though they opened wide in surprise, as a storm of leaves came at him slicing through the air as they spun. Taken by surprise the leaves cut across his skin, though his skin was tougher then that of a normal humans so while they left slice marks across his body they did not penetrate deeply.

The Prince was beginning to become frustrated, which he knew was dangerous to be in a fight, but it was hard not to be. Having the very elements themselves be used against him put him at a serious disadvantage, and though he had a theory that his foe had little to know energy control he could not yet be sure that was the case.

“Time to put it to the test,” Novashen thought, formulating a plan that might allow him to yet win the fight.

He sent another surge of energy flowing through his bodies, letting the energy infuse his very muscles. A moment later when he moved, he appeared to disappear from sight, though in reality he darted from his position in the air flying downwards so that he would end up floating gently above the ground just behind the small house that the man Iris lived in. The wooden structure was now between him and Machi, fully obstructing the man's view of Novashen, and with any luck Machi would not have been able to track or keep up with his movements.

The plan that he had created was devious, though it did put some potential risk to the inhabitants of the house that he hid behind that was the risk Machi had to deal with for using such deadly techniques against him, he knew that had he not dodged that globe of ice he very well might have been incapacitated or at the very worst died.

Pointing a finger from either hand towards the heat signature that was Machi, because for some reason that man was not giving off an energy signature. The Prince sent a charge of energy flowing into each finger tip instantly causing a beam of energy to fire forth, each beam burned through the house flying past the startled Iris before ripping through the other side of the house seeking their victim Machi.

Not wanting to be once again found by his foe, Novashen slipped around to the other side of the house, making sure to avoid touching the ground lest he make a noise, in addition he avoided any windows that might allow Iris to help his friend. With any luck his energy beams would cause some damage, the next portion of his plan would depend on him being able to catch Machi off guard.

“I just hope I do not have to kill the man,” Novashen thought, frowning he was not sure that the man he was doing battle with understood that fact. Judging by the techniques he was using which were specifically designed to cause lots of damage.

If he could he would avoid killing him, but if his hand was pushed he would execute his foe, at least if he had the skill to do so.

WC - 607
TWC - 3598
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 8/25/2012, 12:58 am

Machi’s teeth compressed against one another. He couldn’t follow the man. He was too fast for him. Normally he would feel vibrations through the ground but they said nothing. He closed his eyes as the wind from the wake of his opponent hit him. He obviously moved but where he didn’t know. He was still learning how to control the air. There was a crack and he felt the air heat up. Then a second crack as he turned to towards the sound. There were beams that came too quickly. The beams struck up hard sending him sprawling backwards. His head hit the ground and he groaned.

He was slow to get up, barely functional. His head swam. He was strong and he could take a hit, but for some reason energy always hurt him more. It was as if it passed his normal toughness. He still couldn’t find his opponent, and now he couldn’t focus on where his opponent was. He fell to a knee. He was defeated. He fell to his hands as he felt like he was going to throw up. Then it came up. Bile mixed with blood. This had happened once before when one of the students struck him with an energy blast in a sparring match. He was done. Soon darkness took over and he collapsed as his body overheated.

In fact his body could take the hit from the energy, it just naturally absorbed it and used it to manipulate the world around him. It was something no one quite figured out. Energy constantly cycled through him. And being hit by it overloaded him. He was alive, but he was unconscious.
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 8/25/2012, 6:06 pm

He was anxious to hear what had happened to his opponent, he had to resort to using a trick one that had the potential to harm an innocent, though that was only the case if Machi had counter attacked in a dangerous way. Judging by his love for life the man would not have done so. For many moments Novashen continued to wait for his opponent to make some kind of movement, to try and find him.

“Why is he not coming after me?” the Prince wondered, taking a look around having his enhanced sensors scan through various spectrum to locate his opponent.

It did not take him very long to see Machi's heat signature, outlining his body lying upon the ground outside of the house. Apparently his attacks had taken him by surprise, incapacitating his foe, though his heat signature remained strong and was not cooling so he could at least confirm the man was not dead.

“I did not think he would go down this easy, I had best be cautious lest he just be feigning his weakness,” Novashen thought, his flight systems deactivating so that he would land lightly upon the ground, his robes fluttering gently about him.

Taking slow but confident steps, Novashen moved with a caution born from the uncertainty regarding Machi's fate. Coming from around the building he had until recently been using for cover, he peered on the form of Machi, his eyes were closed, several burn marks from where his energy blasts also showed on his body though the damage seemed minimal.

“I could not have possibly hurt him bad enough to render him unconscious, yet his life signs show that he is slumbering, his body having been forced to sleep,” Novashen thought to himself as he studied Machi's slumbering form.

His sensors were also picking up a faint glow of energy around his body, something that had not existed before. Though Novashen could not explain why it was there now, he had the feeling that it had something to do with Machi's slumber.

It was time for him to deal with the young man that had accompanied him, he did not wish the boy or Iris any harm so he would just leave them in peace, but he did have final parting words for the boy. He sensed that he had all the energy and eagerness to be a great warrior, if he could just learn the discipline necessary to master the martial arts.

He turned to face the boy, who had been standing outside of the farm the entire time the two warriors had been battling, the boy's eyes were open wide with awe at the display he had seen. Even though the battle had been short, these sorts of things appeared to fascinate him.

“Boy, if you wish to learn the martial arts you must find Master Shen. I warn you now that if you come you most likely will die so come prepared only if you have the will to live, and the will to become stronger,” Novashen spoke to the boy, his voice full of confidence and regal authority as he spoke. When Novashen was feeling passionate or intense about something his voice sounded more like his Father's, the noble King who could cower most warriors with just the tone of his voice.

His speech and deeds were completed, he had defeated on of Master Roshi's pupils thus proving himself fully to the Master Shen that he was indeed worthy of training directly under the Master. He did not feel the need to waste anymore time or energy speaking to the villagers, he was confident that the boy would look after Machi after he left, and so he activated his flight systems instantly carrying him to the air, his robes fluttering wildly all around him as he went.

Higher and higher he soared into the air, Iris's farm becoming a smaller and smaller dot below him. It was refreshing to be in the sky once again, away from the people that were bound to the earth. It wasn't that Novashen did not like company, no that was far from the truth as a potential future ruler of a kingdom he enjoyed being in the company of people.

“No I just need the peace of the sky to think, I wonder if training with this Master Shen will be the right thing for me. I know little of him other then he is Master Roshi's rival though his style of martial arts does suit me. I hope I did not send that boy to his death by giving him such a challenge, though if Machi is half the man I think he is he will not let the boy go alone,” Novashen thought as he floated through the air, drifting aimlessly letting the currents of the world guide him to his destination.

He knew that Master Crane was a Master of assassination style martial arts, and though Novashen had little desire to go around killing people, the techniques that he could learn would be useful while he roamed Earth trying to find his way home.

This high in the sky there was nothing around him to keep him company but the clouds the drifted around the world without aim, and the beams of the sun shone much warmer upon his skin this high, making the lids of his eyes grow heavy, and before he knew it they were closed all together his body falling into a short slumber so it could recover from his short battle with Machi.

It was rare that a Novarian would dream, their sleep cycles being so short that they often spent more time awake then they did slumbering. Yet, this time Novashen had no problem falling into the realm of dreams, his troubled unconsciousness struggling to voice itself to his conscious self.

The sleeping Prince saw in his mind, a memory that he had long suppressed, one of him as a child from a very long time ago. He and his Father were walking through one of the Royal gardens, the young Novashen happily skipping around enjoying a cool breeze as he frolicked in the garden. Small winged insects were flying around, their wings covered in beautiful patterns that captivated the young boy, and he spent the time with his Father running after them, his target changing constantly as a new pattern flew by his head. He also saw in his mind, his Father walking behind him brooding his heart not stirred in the slightest by his son's carefree play.

“Father, why do you look so sad?” the young Novashen said, having turned to face his Father, feeling bad that his Father could not share in his joy.

The tall King stood tall and still like a giant statue, his noble blue eyes staring icily into his son's veins freezing the boy into place. “You must stop this foolish playing my son, only if you train and take your studies seriously will you be able to serve a role in this realm. If you do not train hard, then no one will take you seriously,”

His eyes opened slowly, a small tear running down his cheek as he awoke from his short nap clearly remembering the dream he had just had. It had been his unconscious mind speaking to him, reminding him off his past and what he had to do in his future.

“Then I must continue training, so that when I finally come home my Father will recognize me as strong and accept that I will be able to serve the kingdom and protect those who dwell there,” Novashen thought, as he floated high in the sky his robes and hair fluttering wildly around him as the winds that high in the air were quite strong, not that he noticed his mind was occupied with the realization he had just had.

“I must return to Master Crane immediately and continue my training,” Novashen whispered to the winds that played around him, his face growing intense as energy surged from his inner being to surround him in a clear yet fiery aura.

The Prince with new resolve flew through the sky like a bird who was free from the earth might, yet he felt like an animal in a cage. He felt like he was not free to find his own destiny that his will was trapped by his Father's wishes and expectations. But he could not stop there were innocents that he had to protect, and they were going to need a warrior like Novashen, he needed to return home.

Thus he made his way back to Master Crane's hut, intent upon telling his Master about his success. He knew he had a life of hard training to look forward too, but that was his destiny and nothing could change that.

“Master Crane, you had better be everything and more, I need to return home,” Novashen whispered once again into the wind, he knew no one could hear him, but somehow just speaking the words brought a measure of relief to the Prince.

WC - 1532
TWC - 5130
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down