Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Korin's Tower - (Open/Quest)

2 posters

Go down

Korin's Tower - (Open/Quest) Empty Korin's Tower - (Open/Quest)

Post by Novashen 7/15/2012, 2:40 pm

Novashen was exhausted, he had spent the better part of his day soaring through the skies. The rays of the sun were shedding it's final light upon the land, and the moon was just starting to come up to shed the little light that the night time predators required to hunt.

“What's happening to me?” the Prince thought to himself as he soared through the air, it was probably the hundredth time he had asked himself that question in the last twenty four hours. He was still no closer to figuring out what was going on.

“I need to find a place to sleep, rest my head for a while,” looking off into the distance, his mechanically enhanced vision scanned the far off horizon, thankfully he located a decent size town not too far away from where he was now.

“Best news I've had in a week,” he murmured to himself, forcing even more energy to surround his body so that an aura of power formed, letting him push his the limits of his body, while also reducing the amount of friction against his body as he flew.

Off into the distance he flew, moving as fast as he could towards the town that he had seen, feeling thankful that he could rest, his elation growing with every moment that passed that took him closer to the town. He let his body descend closer and closer to the ground, until he was skimming the ground just several feet above the surface. The only thing that kept him from hitting trees, rocks, cars and people as he flew was his honed reflexes, and built in targeting system, allowing him to twist out of the way before impact at breakneck speeds.

Minutes later he arrived in the center of town, willing himself to float gently to the ground surprising several of the town's inhabitants, though they didn't seem afraid to see a flying warrior land in their midst.

“Excuse me sir, do you know where I can find some lodgings?” Novashen said, hailing down a nearby passerby by stepping in his path obnoxiously forgetting again that he was not considered royalty here.

“Huh? What's your problem buddy? Oh man you look like crap,” was the response he got from the man, who was dressed in ripped and worn jeans and a white muscle shirt.

“I have no quarrel with you good sir, I just need a place to sleep,” Novashen said, keeping a smile on his face even though he felt a strong amount of disdain for the man's attitude and vocabulary.

“Hey hey bro, no problem, there is a hotel just down the road,” the man pointed at a tall building with the sign “Best Eastern” on it.

“A hotel? Alright thank you,” turning around Novashen walked away from the man shaking his head at the way the man had addressed him. “Peasants really should know their place.”

Weary with fatigue after the sheer amount of stress that he had been through, the royal Prince lost his composure, shoulders slumping as he dragged himself along to the place the man had called a 'hotel'. He made it too the steps of the hotel, walking through the front door, eagerly opening the door with what little energy he had, addressing the reception as he entered.

“I need a bed, private lodgings please. I don't do common rooms,” Novashen looked at the man behind the desk, whose face bunched up in a puzzled look at Novashen's request.

“Uh yeah buddy, that'll be 100 Zeni, here is your key room 104 on the first floor,” the man behind the desk said, giving the key to the room as Novashen fished the requested sum from his wallet.

Wearily the Prince made his way to his room, taking several minutes to figure out the exact nature of how the piece of metal was supposed to open the door, his fatigue having a sharp impact on his reasoning skills. He slumped into his bed, passing out as soon as he hit the mattress, his eyes heavy with the weigh of fatigue, fluttering for only the briefest of moments as he fought his exhaustion.

His sleep was mostly peaceful, and he slumbered for much of the night without incident, snoring loudly with each breath. Then as morning sun began to rise, the grinning image of a short haired blonde, with blue eyes filled his mind, her face twisting into a familiar half-smile.

“GAH!” Novashen woke with a start, shocked into awareness by the same demonic face that had twisted his mind while he was in the forest. “Please, not her again.”

Rising from his bed, covered in cold sweat Novashen stripped down until he was naked hanging his clothes out across the bed to let them air a bit.

“These clothes are ruined, I'm going to need something new,” he sighed, sniffing his nose at the foul stench that was coming from his clothes.

Still not having figured out what a shower was, Novashen put his pants back on and wandered out into the lobby to find a different man behind the desk.

“Excuse me, where is the bath?” the Prince said, addressing the man with such an honest and innocent expression that the receptionist honestly believed he did not know the difference.

Sighing the man moved from behind the desk, “Alright sir, follow me I will show you,” the pair proceeded to walk by to Novashen's room.

“Why does there have to always be one nut job staying in the hotel?” the receptionist thought as they reached his room, using the master key he unlocked the door and brought Novashen to the bathroom. After a few minutes, the receptionist had explained everything to him, especially the part where he was NOT going to robe him after he was done washing, but he would get his clothes washed, and ready for him.

Several hours later, and a few more confusing conversations with the Prince, the receptionist had Novashen cleaned up, and checked out. Novashen stood at the foot of the hotel pondering what to do next, he had just finished doing some training and did not want to risk another attack, so he did what any good adventurer does when bored, he went to the bar!

Feeling refreshed after a mostly good night's sleep, he walked to the closet bar, opening the door and stepping inside...

Word Count - 1086
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info
Level: 1
Race: Construct

Back to top Go down

Korin's Tower - (Open/Quest) Empty Re: Korin's Tower - (Open/Quest)

Post by Alberdyne 7/18/2012, 3:36 pm

The Hotel was a three-star resort located in South City. South City was the location closest to Korin's Tower, though that would become a factor later in this sordid tale. A mere coincidence lead Al to the hotel in the first place. Al sat at the bar, it was off hours and The Kronith Warrior usually avoided such social settings. As a Kronith, Al did not mech well with The Humes because of his own racial tendencies against them. Personally, he viewed The Humes as cowards. So in the bar, he felt as if he was surrounded by lesser beings, however, these were the same weaklings he was sworn to protect. Al took a sip of the non-alcoholic beverage in his glass. He was off duty, so the wild man did not wear his mask. Besides, nobody in South City knew who he was anyway. He lived off the grid, renting rooms under an assumed identity, and taking odd jobs to pay the bills. But always, he thought back to The Lookout Point and the much simpler life style he lead there. A Warrior was way out of place on Earth. He constantly felt like he did not belong amongst The Humes.

Because of Master Kami, I am sworn to protect them because they cannot save themselves. Al thought. It was an ironic turn of events that Master Kami was a Namek and served as Earth's main line of defense against potential threats. They simply watched Roshi die... Al had no love for The Turtle Hermit. He didn't like the way the mysterious Warrior handled his affairs. However, the monster named Cell had become his enemy. No. Al thought as he stared at his reflection on the surface of the liquid he was consuming. Cell is the enemy of all. Al thought to himself. The thought of Cell made him angry, however, he knew his place. He was not yet powerful enough to take his enemy out on in head-on battle. I know the score. In a battle, Cell must be completely destroy. No mercy. He knows the technique, Full Absorption. If I were to fight him I cannot allow him to obtain the secret of my people. Al took a sip of his drink, a long one. He was tired. It had been some months since his last mission from Master Kami and now he was getting edgy.

Al did not like down time. He was a man of action, and too much downtime made him nervous. The Forces of Dark move against all of us. I must be ready at all times, I can't slack on my training. Now normally, Al rarely consumed Hume food or drink. The drink he was currently consuming was a sort of juice like nectar that had a tropical flavor to it. Al's world did not possess such fruits of the wild lands. So he had grown to rather like Hume juices. He heard somewhere that it was a healthy alternative to an alcoholic beverage. There was nobody interesting to him in the bar that radiated a potent enough Ki. Then, all of the sudden, one showed up. Al blinked as he felt his Ki Sense activate subconsciously. A powerful radiance filled the room, Al instinctively turned towards Novashen's entrance and looked right at the fellow. I was beginning to think this City was completely worthless. Al thought to himself. Al pondered using the full Ki Sense on Novashen, but he decided against it because he did not want to reveal himself too soon. Instead, he used Ki Control on himself to suppress his power to it's lowest possible point. Analytical wise, Al would appear (Spiritually) as a regular Hume with wild tattoos.

Al did not like people intruding on his personal time. So that was the reason behind his suppression. Besides, if the stranger was worth anything, Al wanted the fellow to earn his way into Al's life. When Al was done staring at Novashen, he turned back to his drink. Thoughts passed through his mind, but in general he kept to himself. He did not like to intervene with The Humes he had sworn to protect. Al found that very interesting about how he had grown as a Defender. When he had finished his drink, he would pay the tab and leave. Unless Novashen were to come up to him and initiate a conversation of some sort. The one thing that he'd noticed was that the fellow was dressed rather regally. That sort of attire is not common Hume fashion. Al thought to himself. He is definitely not Hume, but I won't pry into his origins. He is here for a reason too, and I am not one to bother others... And so Al continued to enjoy his time off. He sat on a stool at the main bar.

Alberdyne Word Count=832
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 7/20/2012, 1:36 am

The bar was not very busy, it being the middle of the afternoon most people were at work. There was the occasional patron, sitting at the occasional table having a drink or a meal. The atmosphere was light and cheerful, broad beams of light shining through the window, bathing all in it's glorious light. Lining the walls of the bar were booths, each designed to sit four or six people and each with a well used table, slightly splintered and dull with age. In the center of the bar, was the actual bar composed four simple wooden planks laid across a wooden base of the same make and color. A slight smell of musk and beer permeated the room, adding to the warm and cheerful atmosphere of the bar.

“I could use a drink,” the Prince thought, surveying the room he noticed a total of six patrons, two at one table, another three at another table, and finally one lone patron, who just seemed out of place at the bar, drinking by himself.

His sensors analyzed the room, though he did not do it consciously, it was just on of the many changes that he had noticed in himself upon waking in this new realm. A report of the strengths and weakness of each patron was detailed in his mind, yet as eyes fell upon the last patron something unusual came to his mind. While in terms of an energy signature, the man's readings were average, it was the muscular density of his body that was unusual. For some reason, for a man of his energy his muscles were unusually dense.

Finding the man odd, but not disturbed by the unusual information that was presented to him, he approached the bar, intent upon asking the barkeep for a drink. Walking up, his stride full of purpose and confidence he casually took a seat next to the strange man and hailed the barkeep.

“Barkeep, I need a beer, give me your house finest,” Novashen said, his words falling upon the ears of a middle aged man, skin wrinkled with age, and one too many long nights. His eyes were still bright with cheer, though a look of confusion came over him as Novashen asked for a drink.

“I don't know about you man, but we have a pretty good selection,” the barkeep resonded, and began to list of ten random names that Novashen had never heard before.

“Hmm I will take a Kilkenny,” the Prince responded, it took him a moment to respond though as he was a bit overwhelmed by the selection at first.

The barkeep went over and poured some brownish liquid from a tap, pouring it into a rather tall glass before bringing it over to Novashen, placing it softly in front of him. “Enjoy,” the barkeep said before walking away.

Reaching out, he wrapped his fingers firmly around the glass and raised it to his lips, the slightly bitter brownish liquid wetting his lips as it washed over his tongue. The Prince took just a moment to savor the delicious liquid, enjoying it's rich taste. His brown eyes growing wide for a moment in surprise. Novashen brushed his long white tresses behind his shoulders, taking another sip of the fine brown liquid that occupied the glass in front of him.

“At least they can make some fine beer here,” the Prince thought, throughly enjoying the fine beverage.

Besides flying through the air and enjoying the strain of his martial exercises, Novashen had yet to be able to enjoy any relaxation time since awakening in this new realm. It seemed like he had been spending much of his time defeating the pupils of Roshi, and fighting off an encroaching darkness upon his soul. At least in this very moment, he could let the burden of his troubles melt away, and savour a moment of peace. Though it was lacking one thing, fine companionship, and that was a problem easily remedied.

He turned in his stool to face the odd man next to him, his eyes running over a myriad of strange tattoos .

A smile breaking out onto his face, as he was beginning to enjoy himself the Prince spoke to the odd man, “Novashen, what's your name, and why all the tattoos?”

Word Count - 722
Novashen Total Word Count - 1808
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Alberdyne 7/20/2012, 3:49 pm

When the fancily dressed fellow stepped up to the bar and ordered a drink, Al kept to himself. He simply had a lot on his mind, so he did not intrude on the conversation that Nova had with the barkeep. Then, when Al was addressed, he blinked for a few moments. He's very direct isn't he? He thought to himself and admired that. Al turned towards Nova for a moment. He pondered being rude, but decided that he was in neutral territory and didn't feel like testing the security in the hotel. Al let the questions linger for a moment. He was studying the man. Al decided that the fellow was decently handsome, but he wouldn't try to pursue him unless the man offered. He knew that certain Humes took offense with those particular people of Al's orientation. He still didn't understand why the majority of Humes were so hostile when they didn't even act like a Warrior should act. Al turned away from Nova for a moment. But then he spoke. "Cormyr." Al began. "Alberdyne Cormyr. But most folk just call me Al." Al pondered how he should respond about the tattoo question. "I'm a Kronith. They are Eldritch Runes we are born with..." Al said simply, not expecting Nova to understand.

Al took a pull of his drink, then he continued to speak with Nova.

"I don't see many dress with your attire." Al said carefully. "They are interesting clothing. Judging by the aesthetic of your clothing, I suspect you are not Hume." Al frowned, he forgot that not all people knew that term. "Human, I mean." Humes also took offense to the word Hume at times, even though it was not a disrespectful description of them. Al was thinking of things to say, aside from his training, Al had never been the most sociable of people. Because of that, he felt more than a little uncomfortable having been approached by Nova. Al thought of what else he could possibly say. Al was a Warrior, but his life was not overly interesting that he could hold a decent conversation with Nova. He wasn't entirely certain what Nova was after. Maybe he just sincerely needs a friend... Al considered that possibility too. Though Al was a Hero, he was still learning how to find a place amongst the folk he had sworn to protect. I gotta get it together. I'm here to protect these people. I gotta remember that not all of them are inherently evil...

Al seemed lost in thought for a moment and finally spoke again.

"What brings you to South City?" Al asked. He was sincerely curious and wanted to know more about Nova. He took another sip of his drink. Then, he kept his gaze forward, careful not to make too much eye contact with Nova. He assumed that Nova was some sort of royalty where he hailed from. Only noble folk dressed in that sort of attire. Al had very little knowledge of other worlds besides Earth and Kanassa. And he had learned a little bit about the workings of The Other World. That place that Humes called The After Life. He had even run Snake Way and traveled to The Kai's Planet. He'd learned a lot about The Humes he had sworn to protect as a result. The Hume Other World was every bit a bureaucracy as The Hume world was. He did not like it. Al was a Kronith, and Kroniths believed in efficiency in everything they did. Al found himself thinking about Home just then. Home was Kanassa, and maybe, someday he would return. When he was more powerful and he could protect his loved ones much more effectively. Al thought about that and smiled for a moment, not because of Nova, but because of his memories. "Have you heard about the place known as Korin's Tower?" Al asked. He knew about The Tower because of Master Kami. It was his intention to run The Tower as soon as he was able to, he was simply planning logistics first. Al did everything according to a plan. He was a planner by heart, and a very good tactician.

He had picked up some climbing equipment during his stay there in South City. He was certain it would come in handy and had no idea how tall the basic Tower was. He likened it to running Snake's Way though. He was certain it would be a test just to get to the top. That thought made him smile, as he pondered exactly what would await him as he got to the top of The Tower. "Any man. That's what brought me here." Al said. "I intend to get to the top of that place and discover it's secrets." Al said very matter of factly and smiled at that. He had a long journey ahead. If Nova joined him, it would be nice to have a companion during the long trek.

Alberdyne Word Count=833
Alberdyne TOTAL Word Count=1,665
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 7/21/2012, 7:55 pm

"Alberdyne Cormyr,” that was what the man said his name was, a warrior judging by his muscle density. A man who lived and died by his actions, probably a man who held himself to a strong code, maybe him and Novashen would be similar in that manner. Though he was not sure just how out of place this 'Al' was on the planet called Earth, Novashen knew that he indeed felt out of place here. Without any family, any hope, any friends, or any thing that was familiar to him. He was trying to find himself some stability, something that he could begin building a rock of sanity in which to lean upon. Training with the Master Crane was his first such attempt at building such a rock.

The strange man continued to explain that the tattoos that covered his body were Eldritch in nature, though he did not go into detail, just stating their nature.

“So you mean that they have some magical origin to them?” Novashen replied simply, taking another gulp of the delicious brown liquid that had been served to him. Placing his glass upon the bar again, he continued to listen to the man next to him.

The strange warrior continued to talk, something about his clothing and how he did not appear to be like the typical 'Hume' that occupied this world, though Novashen looked exactly like them his clothing did indeed have more of a regal bearing to them, made of finer material, something that would make him stand out more then most.

“Correct, I come from a world that exists beyond walls that you cannot see,” Novashen replied, verifying Al's statement. Novashen did indeed come from another world, one where creatures that were far different then most of the known Galaxy's resided, one with magic beyond the comprehension of the martial artists that roamed this existence.

“I came to this city for some rest, I was out in the mountains,” Novashen paused for a moment, he was going to say that he was 'training', though something much more intense then his training session had taken place, something that made him worry over his sanity. “I was training out in the mountains,”

Hopefully this strange man would be satisfied with that response, Novashen was not quite ready to share with strangers what had happened to him, perhaps if this man proved to be reliable he could open up to him. Though as time wore on the man seemed to grow more and more comfortable with the Prince, telling him about a place called 'Korin's Tower', how he intended to climb it and that it held some kind of important secret.

This intrigued the Prince, he always did have a desire for adventure, a thirst to seek out new places and experience them. He might even be able to learn a secret or two about his home planet, or about what was going on with his mind, all he needed to do now is find out from Al what he needed to do to get to the top of the tower.

“This sounds like it would be a great adventure, I can fly though so getting to the top of this tower should be a breeze, if you like I could give you a lift?” Novashen asked Al, feeling like his strength would be sufficient enough to carry the two of them no matter how high they had to go into the air.

The Prince was curious, he had not seen a being with runes like this before in his life time. Though his planet was full of strange and interesting creatures, maybe this man could also help him in his quest, to find someway to find his former home. He was expecting that this journey would be hard on his mind, body and soul, but it needed to be done it was not something he could give up on without a fight.

“And this tower aside, what brings a stranger like you to this world?” Novashen asked, draining his glass of it's delicious brown liquid., and placing it back onto the bar, waving the bartender away when he start coming towards the pair, he didn't need to have anymore alcohol, not if they were going to embark on an adventure.

Word Count - 722
TWC - 2530
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Alberdyne 7/21/2012, 10:11 pm

The questions lingered in the air for a few moments. Al pondered Nova's response and the answers showed quite a bit of intellectual capacity. Al immediately guessed that Nova was no Hume. Most Humes were not that bright at all. Al listened as Nova revealed a deep insight of arcane matters. Now, Al was not an expert by the suspected that Nova's knowledge of the arcane arts had to do with where his origins lay. However, Al was not one to pry in other people's business. Then, Nova asked a very specific question; that one brought a smile to The Kronith's lips. How should I answer this one? Al thought to himself, and then he figured that he would just be honest. Thinking about his response on the matter, he decided that he should tell Nova straight up. "Kanassa is where I'm from." Al began. "What actually lead me here is a personal matter that I'd rather not discuss. You know how it is, we all got secrets we need to protect." Al kept his friendly smile on his face, there was no malice in his words what so ever. "Now that I'm here, I intend to stay." Al found himself saying.

"There is nothing left for me back Home." Al said. He continued. "I would like to visit some day when I'm much stronger...and can protect that which matters." Al thought about something. "I am here cause of my Father." Al said. "But like I said, that's a story for another hour." Al looked at Nova just then. "I have completed my training with both Master Kami, Master Popo. You could say I am this world's Adopted Son." Al was very calm as he spoke. There was a time and a place for battle, warfare, hatred and anger. At that point, they were just two men having a drink at a bar. Al felt himself more comfortable in those shoes then the boots of a Hume Soldier. Al had chosen his side, he worked for Master Kami. No other Trainer possessed the knowledge and wisdom that the old Namek clearly possessed. Al thought of Master Kami quite oft those days, it had been some time since he had finished the intensive training that Master Kami offered. Now that the training was complete, and he was a Champion of Earth, Al protected The Humes as if they were his own Brothers and Sisters.

Though Kanassan, The Warrior had developed a tremendous affection for The Humes. He had seen their strengths, and their weaknesses. Their love and their fear. Al had grown to love them. In the original Kronith texts, it was a Kronith Elder that had sent his last Son to Earth to protect it from itself. According to the religious texts of The Humes that Kronith later had his name changed from Jeshua to The Christ. It made Al sick to his stomach. Wars were fought in the name of a Hume deity that never revealed itself. Al considered that idea very carefully. Perhaps, in some way, Al was the same as The Kronith named Jeshua. Al's face clearly reflected the conflict in his heart as he thought about the various matters he reflected on. Kroniths had a hand in the salvation of The Hume race. Not some mystical figure armed with a Paladin's Armor. But Al had learned a great a deal about how The Humes functioned. In the end, Al knew someday they would martyr him, too. Just as Jeshua was crucified for his troubles of attempting to save The Hume race. From the forces of King Dabura.

Humes had it all wrong. Kroniths were a much older race with a more firm grip on reality. He knew that to be true, yet he could not help but feel sorry for The Humes he had sworn to protect. Al was walking a path, and that path would separate him from his Father's story. Al thought about things for a long moment as he spoke with Nova, the regally dressed fellow calmed Al down. Something about Nova made him feel a certain way; he felt like was someone that could be trusted. So finally, Al continued after a few moments of deep thought. "I am here cause of my Father is what I can reveal at this point." Al said. Master Popo had once told Al that he had "Daddy issues" whatever that meant. The comment never sat well with Al, and he simply had laughed it off. But upon further analysis he found himself realizing that Master Popo was actually quite the genius himself and possessed an analytical mind. Al was almost done with his drink. As he was closer to finish thoughts of Master Korin crossed his mind. He wondered what sorts of secrets would await him in Korin's Tower as he worked to become one of the mightiest Champions of all. A story book Paladin, and defender of The Lady Cosmos. "I am getting ready to head towards Korin's Tower as soon as I am done here. If you need something to do, feel free to accompany me and we can discuss matters along the way." Al found himself saying.

Alberdyne Word Count=868
Alberdyne TOTAL Word Count=2,533
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 7/22/2012, 4:40 pm

Novashen listened to Al speak, the mans tone was intense. It was obvious to the Prince that while he was putting on a friendly face there was a deep history behind each word he uttered, a history that should he continue his relations with Al he was sure to hear. They spoke for a while, continuing on and on about various subjects, the first of which was a planet that Al called 'Kanassa'. Now Novashen knew what a planet was, where he was from they had been able to see the stars, and some other large rocks of dirt that were similar in nature to the ground they walked on.

The mention of another planet though, the fact that he so casually mentioned that he had come from another planet amazed Novashen. Never in the entire history of his people had there been any mention of anyone traveling to or from another planet. In fact, he had his doubts that they had ever tried to leave their planet. Everything they needed could be found in abundance, they had no lack of natural resources. Though there might have been some independent scholars out researching these other planets, it was not known to Novashen, his father never spoke of it and neither did his Martial Art Masters.

“You are from this Kanassa?” Novashen asked, his eyes growing a bit wide in wonder. “How is it that you are able to travel from another planet?”

The confused Prince was a bit amazed, though he had not though about it until now, he did realize that there at least had to be life on other worlds, after all there was life on Earth and this was not the realm that he had been born too.

Al continued on, explaining to Novashen how he had been training with someone named Kami and Popo, two beings that were the Guardians of Earth. It seemed to Novashen that Al's goal was to become the guardian of the planet, and to protect the 'Humes' as he called them.

The lost Prince was growing a bit more excited as his new friend spoke, he was hoping that between Kami, Popo and perhaps this Korin fellow, that he would be able to get some kind of answer on how he could get back home.

“Well Al, I would gladly go with you on this journey up Korin's Tower. I don't know about you, and you might find this strange. I can fly, I could fly us both up there if you wish? It certainly would make the journey much easier and faster,” Novashen said, excitement clear in his regal voice, he spoke with warm tones indicating he thought Al as a friend, after all a stranger in this new realm Novashen would need more friends.

“You also need to tell me about this interplanetary travel you speak of, I might be able to find some answers of my own out there,” Novashen paused as he pointed towards the roof of the tavern. “If I can't get them here.”

The lost Prince was starting to formulate a plan of his own, one that would hopefully get him more information about what had happened to him, and if there was a way to go back home. First he would seek out the Masters of Earth and speak with them, see if they could first help him. If not, hopefully Al would be able to show him how to get to other planets, so he could explore and talk to the Masters there.

“Well then let us not keep the Master of the tower waiting, shall we go?” Novashen, stood from his stool, moving with an elegance and grace that would have made a ballerina envious. Flipping the barkeep far too much money to pay for his drink, he made a motion with his other hand towards the entrance to the bar.

“Adventure awaits us Al, and like the Lady Luck she does not like to be kept waiting,” the Prince gave Al a little teasing wink.

It was clear that Novashen was excited about this new adventure, hopefully his new friend would be able to share his enthusiasm and make the journey a pleasant one.

WC - 710
TWC - 3240
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Alberdyne 7/25/2012, 1:14 am

He doesn't know about inter-world travel? The thought bothered Al for a moment. Then again, it was possible that the planet he was from did not have it. He must be from some back-water planet. Al had already paid for his drink so he left when Nova left. They were walking side by side, and Al remained quiet for a moment. He is a lot like me... Al thought. He is just looking for some answers. Al looked at Nova for a moment and then nodded. "Well. I know Master Kami personally. I could eventually take you to meet with him." Al continued. Al was one of Kami's finest students, despite the fact that he had issues with the old Namek. "We're heading to The Tower." Al said. "It's that way." Al pointed in the general direction of The Tower. "We can't fly up there." Al shrugged. "Against the rules. These old Masters are eccentric in their teachings." Al kept looking at Nova from time to time. For some reason, Al knew he had made a friend. At the time, he would never have known the impact of that event. "Korin's Tower is a short walk out of town. There's camp by it. Unfortunately, the rules state we gotta climb the thing." Al knew that if he took the lazy man's way up, Korin would never agree to train him.

"I came prepared though." Al said, and stopped. He then showed Nova something similar to what Humes called climbing gear. "The rules don't state we can't use gear like this to work our ways up. Good thing I picked up some extra supplies just in case."

Al nodded.

The journey towards Korin's Tower was a quiet and peaceful one. After about an hour of walking in silence, Al saw a camp up ahead. The buildings had an usual structure, even for Hume architecture. Al had never seen Hume architecture of that kind before. Many of the structures surrounding the base of Korin's Tower were tent like in nature, and several long houses. Al was surprised to see several people living in the makeshift town. Also, utilizing Ki Sense, Al could see that the people living at the base of Korin's Tower were exceptionally strong. I have never met Humes like this before. Except for The Hume Warrior named Yamcha. Al then saw something that surprised him most of all. The Humes in this makeshift town all wore symbols on their bodies quite similar to Kronith symbols. They wear The Runes too! One of The Humes, a woman of their tribe, approached Al and his companion. One thing that struck Al as somewhat strange was the fact that she was completely naked except for the jewelry she wore. She had long, black hair that was braided elegantly and seemed very attractive. If Al were another person, he would have bedded someone like her. Most noticeable to his eyes was the potent aura that she had. That they all had.

The woman wore a smile on her face as she approached Al. "You two are Warriors." She said carefully, in plain English. Though her accent was quite noticeable. Al saw her pretty eyes moving from Nova to Al. "You." She said to Al. "I know you. I have seen you before in my dreams."

Al blinked. Is she psychic? Al thought, very pleased at the turn of events. For once, things were looking up and it seemed like these people were not jerks at all. Thinking of Master Kami and Mr. Popo made him angry.

She looked at Al for a long moment.

Then, Al felt her presence in his mind. I am. He heard her say in his mind. Our Elders have long awaited you arrival. Son of Michael Cormyr. She suddenly bowed at the waist towards Al. It was a gesture that caught The Kronith off guard. Once. Your Father came to this place too. But that was well before I was born. Our Champion, Bora, oft spoke of your Father with many fond emotions. She kept staring at Al. You are even more handsome in person than in the dream world.

Al was caught off guard. He looked at her, then looked at Nova. Then looked at her once more. I appreciate the kind words. However. I do-not take women to my bed. Al said, he felt a little sad for saying that. I prefer men. Al felt a bit embarrassed at being put on the spot. Forgive me for that though. You are very beautiful and I am certain you will find a suitable mate someday.

She sincerely chuckled at that. "You are bold." She said out loud. Then she looked at Nova. "But I know why you are both here." She turned slightly and pointed at Korin's Tower. "You've come here, not for us, but for that."

Al nodded. "I would speak with your leaders after me and my friend have met with Korin." Al continued. "I sense that your tribe is strong. I would like to see just how strong your tribe really is."

"You flatter us, Kronith Warrior." She smiled sincerely. "When the time is ready, you will come and seek The Champion named Bora." She said carefully. "But I must not hold you up any longer. I know you two are eager to get on your ways." She pointed again. "The base of The Tower is that way." She bowed again. Warrior. She said to Al's thoughts. I will be waiting for your return. Then, she bowed again and winked at Al. It seemed that his personal preferences did not deter her.

Al looked at Nova. "All right." He said. "Let's go through this town and start climbing The Tower. But first. Here, man." Al said and handed Nova his own set of climbing gear. Most noticeable were the hooks required to get a good grapple on rough surfaces. Al had prepared to make that journey.

It thrilled him to know that he was walking the same path his Father had.

Alberdyne Word Count=1,041
Alberdyne TOTAL Word Count=3,574
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 7/28/2012, 7:16 pm

The thought of climbing a tower, through use of his physical prowess, skill, gear and team work with the man named Al thrilled Novashen. According to Al, they were not allowed to fly up the tower and would have to use more mundane means of reaching the top. The exertion would be a good workout for the Prince, especially since he no longer had the harsh training of the Sword Masters to keep him in peak form. This challenge would have to suffice.

“Alright Al, this sounds like my kind of adventure. It has been a very long time since I have had a real workout. My Master here does train me hard, but it is mostly on technique. Physically speaking, I hardly build up a sweat working out with him,” Novashen replied his voice eager and full of energy.

Though Novashen looked like any normal Caucasian human, when he spoke his words were fluid and smooth, fully enunciated. It would be obvious to anyone that he was not of this land, the way he spoke was precise, and his accent was similar to that of the British, though not as sharp. It made the Novarian distinct, even if his clothes did not make him stand out his voice would.

The walk to Korin's tower was done in silence, apparently 'Al' had said all that he wished to during their conversation at the bar. Though Novashen wanted to converse with his companion, something about the seriousness of his demeanor made it obvious conversation was far from desirable.

“Somehow I would have thought he was going to be more companionable on this journey,” Novashen thought, though the Prince was not irritated at the man, he was puzzled at the sudden change in behavior. “Though who is to understand the mind's of peasants? No matter what realm they hail from.”

Some time passed, and the position of the sun in the sky had drifted, the temperature in the air cooling as the sun's rays were focused somewhere else. Some odd buildings were coming into view, of an odd design that Novashen did not recognize, though his sensors told him that they were made from animal skins, and from various materials of the earth.

“How different they are, making their homes of the earth and not shaping their homes from the earth,” the Prince noted, not impressed by the shoddy craftsmanship of the buildings a head.

Reports started feeding into his mind, as his sensors picked up many strong energy signatures a head of him. His enhanced vision zoomed in, giving him early knowledge of what the humans looked like, normal except for their tanned skin, and interesting runes that covered their bodies. The runes were similar to those that 'Al' possessed, but the Prince noticed subtle differences in their designs, many seeming more decorative then mystical.

As they approached the town, a friendly woman approached them, addressing them in English though with a thick accent. Though with his enhanced hearing he understood her perfectly, filtering out the accent and enhancing each word for full clarity.

Then something strange happened, the woman and Al stared at each intently for several moments, an obvious communication going on between the two of them, though how and what he remained ignorant of.

“Ahem,” Novashen, cleared his throat loudly, feeling slighted by the silent communication going on between the two of them, he was royalty after all they could treat him with a bit more respect. “Do not be rude now, there are three of us here after all.”

As he spoke, the woman and 'Al' broke off their silent communication. The woman looking at him again as she spoke, somehow knowing that the pair had come to climb the tower.

“Of course we came for the Tower, not to be rude but we were not aware of you being here until now,” Novashen commented, probably being more brisk then he needed to be, but then again he was not used to people being rude in his presence.

Al then proceeded to hand him some climbing gear, one such piece being an odd hooked device attached to a rope. Looking through the pieces of gear, the Prince put on the what looked like a set of claws, strapping them to his hands.

“I think these will do just fine,” Novashen said, nodding to the Al as he walked up to the base of the tower. It was time to show 'Al' just what he was capable of doing.

Without further thought, Novashen jumped high into the air, making sure not to engage his flight systems. He hurtled high into the air, the strongly conditioned muscles in his legs carrying him high into the sky. The air around him gave some resistance as he hurtled upwards, and when he felt his momentum starting to fade, he reached out with his hand using all his strength to pierce the tower so that he was then clinging to the side.

For several moments he hung there, the strength in his arm easily holding him in place. Looking down he gazed at Al, still standing at the base of the tower.

“Come on up, the air is fine up here,” Novashen shouted down, he was speaking slightly faster as he grew more excited.

Having extended Al an invitation to start climbing, the Prince dug his other claw into the side of the tower using nothing but the muscles in his arms to carry him higher and higher up the mountain.

Of course, his muscles were nothing like Al's, having been molded from the very bones of a planet. The sinew in his muscles were so durable that strain of digging into the tower from his initial jump had hardly any affect on his body at all.

Word Count - 974
TWC - 4214
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Novashen 7/30/2012, 9:32 pm

Having climbed for several minutes, easily navigating his way up the perfectly horizontal tower, his muscles toned and tight perfect for climbing; he then took a moment to pause his ascent as something seemed wrong. Carefully, he listened for several minutes to the noises around him, hearing the call of the occasional bird and the whisper of the wind, yet one sound he did not hear.

Looking down towards the ground, which was now a few hundred feet away he tried to locate 'Al'.

“Hello? Al? Where did you go?” Novashen shouted, as his enhanced vision zoomed in on the ground searching for any sign of the companion he had met back in the city. Yet his optical sensors, and other sensors could pick up no sign of the man, not even an energy signature it was just as if the man had vanished!

“What kind of place is this?” Novashen thought, still paused in his climb and easily holding himself in place with the climbing claws he had on. “Did Al get transported somewhere else?”

The disappearance of his new friend was unsettling, making the Novarian Prince uneasy. He took a moment to close his eyes, and calm himself by stilling his thoughts so that his body was no longer tense or nervous from the mystery that had just developed.

“I must go on, perhaps I will see Al at the top,” Novashen thought to himself, feeling slightly better at that possibility, it was certainly better then the alternative.

So he continued his climb upwards, using the strong metal claws 'Al' had given him to find purchase in the side of the tower. With each hold he made, three neat little holes were left in the side of the tower showing the path in which he had climbed. His progress was swift, mainlining a steady rhythm of forming a new hand hold and then pulling himself up, forming another hand hold and then pulling himself up.

Were he a regular human such a method would have tired him out in a few hours, but being a creature made from the bones of the earth, and given life by magic the strength of his muscles as well as the pace they could endure were much greater. So for hours he maintained his pace, keeping his mind still and blank of all distractions so that he would not make a mistake and fall. As he continued his climb, his sensors began noting the air was thinning around him, and low flying clouds were passing around him leaving him wet with droplets, though he quickly dried for the energy expended in his climb was making him very hot and soon he was glistening with sweat.

That was only half of his climb though, and his muscles were just then beginning to feel the burn of his exertion, moisture and a white mist drifted from his body the visible signs of exhaustion on his body. So he continued on, for many hours without incident. It seemed that the very test of the tower was to simply climb it, so a test of endurance and there were no other traps or enemies a head.

“Somehow I would have thought this Korin would have presented me with a greater challenge,” Novashen grunted as he continued his climb, not even stopping for the briefest of rests for there was really no where for him to rest and the faster his challenge was completed the better.

On and on he went, the hours passing like mere moments through his head until the very the edge of the tower was within his sight, and then the moments lengthened as his goal was within his sight, his mind losing some of it's focus. Though he did not give up his speed, in fact when his goal was in sight he increased his pace, only partially losing his grip once.
Finally, the ledge was within his grasp and one more extension of his arm carried his hand over the ledge. With one might heavy he lifted himself up until he was able to get his second arm over the ledge, and then he pulled himself over at last reaching his goal.

By then he was glistening with moisture, and white mist was streaming steadily from his body, his long white hair having been whipped into disarray by the wind as he climbed.

“Done,” Novashen exclaimed with excitement, though he was tired from his long climb, his excitement had not diminished.

“Well who do we have here?”

The voice came from the shadows drawing Novashen's gaze to a strange planet, that looked like it was in it's final stages of life. From the shadows stepped forth a small white creature, standing on two legs with a long staff in hand. The database that was installed in Novashen's head identified it as a cat.

“Well hello,” Novashen said, feeling weird at talking to a cat. Though that feeling of weirdness must have carried through into his tone, because the talking cat responded humor in it's voice.

“I am Korin, never met a talking cat before?” Korin replied, winking at the exhausted Prince.

Word Count - 869
TWC - 5083
Novashen
Novashen
Sensei
Sensei

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum