Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Guardian's Trial.~ (Solo) Continuation from where I left off with Alberdye. starting WC 3575

Go down

~Guardian's Trial.~ (Solo)  Continuation from where I left off with Alberdye.  starting WC 3575 Empty ~Guardian's Trial.~ (Solo) Continuation from where I left off with Alberdye. starting WC 3575

Post by Khaos 7/24/2012, 6:59 pm

Guardian's Trial

Medium Quest

Requirement: Must have completed Guardian of Earth.

Reward: 3,000 zeni

Kami has agreed to train you, but first you must complete a trial. He takes you deep within the bowels of the lookout into a dark dank chamber. Within the chamber there are four torches. He tells you to light. Upon lightning them you will be pulled into the Astral Realm to face the spirit in battle. Each spirit has a different strength and weakness. Defeat the four and prove yourself to Kami.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the moment Khaos stepped foot in the room the feeling of the ki flowing around him was almost too much for him to handle. It was immediately apparent that the room itself was almost like a ki battery. Khaos closed his eyes to keep his head from spinning, along with to keep from passing out. As he closed them he could actually see the flow of ki through out the room, it was almost exactly like the Aurora Borealis, it had different colors of energy, and was very pretty to behold.

He was concentrating on trying to figure out how to harness the ebb and flow of the energy to use against the spirits and to light the torches. He had just managed to begin to manipulate this flow. He had drawn it into himself, as it surrounded him and filled him with it's power, Khaos could feel both sides of him stirring, and enjoying the boost in power. That is until he heard the voice. It was very soft, and subtle, although the being it belonged to was strange to Khaos, she was familiar as well. This snapped Khaos out of concentration, and snapped his eyes open. Due to the feeling of nausea he wasn't able to completely make out what she was saying.

The being was a beautiful blonde girl dressed in elegant attire. She was regal and very graceful. Carrying herself in a very specific fashion. Her dress was an ankle length flowing ball gown, her hair was done very elegantly, almost like she was dressed for a ball where she might meet a suitor, and she was a princess to some rich kingdom. This was the only detail he was able to grasp because soon the chamber started spinning out of control.

The appearance of HER, along with the excess energy in the chamber was too much for the hybrid's physical form to bear, he lost control, every part of him went numb as his vision spiraled out of control, it wasn't long before he hit the floor. Soon as his head hit the floor, he was out cold, it was like he had taken a Mike Tyson right uppercut to the chin, there was nothing he could do to keep conscious.

His mind didn't rest though, as soon as it was able too, memories started flowing in
at first it was of his mother, she looked stunningly like the woman who had just appeared to him and Alberdyne. This is what caused the passing out, and the suddenly influx of memories, once lost or buried so deep within the confines of Khaos' mind. These memories now flooded in like the Red Sea clashing back together after being parted by Moses.

He was young in the memory, no older than seven, and his mother was there instilling her goodness into his heart. What it was in response too, was not apparent, but the look on Khaos' face was one of hatred so his mind correlated it to a talk about his father, the demon who spawned his hatred of all from that realm. His mother was lecturing him on hatred, and that it led to being an ally of a being known as Chaos.

At a young age the relation of this name to his own was striking. Even now he wondered, why they were so similar. The lecture continued and in it she told him no child of light would ever be used as a construct for Chaos, or his vices. As she spoke the scene faded to another memory, this one was when Khaos was delving into her mind using his psychic powers. In it he saw his father, as he remembered him now, but it faded and showed a more true form. Now his mind realized that his mother had deliberately blocked this image from him.

This was the true form, and look of his father. It wasn't a purple demon like he had seen before, this one was a yellow and red four armed demon, it's skin was smooth, and boasted two bull like horns protruding from the side of it's skull. It's feet had seven red claws, and it boasted a long tail and two wings. It was grotesque to behold even for it's offspring. This being was surrounded by the ultimate feeling of evil and terror. Khaos' mind even fled from the memory.

The final memory that flooded in was when Khaos was being abandoned on the Planet Earth. It was of his mother, and his father by some other means. His mother was dressed just as the lady from the chamber was, and she was telling him, that no matter what he couldn't let his father's blood rule his body and decisions. It was then that he realized his mother was the being Alberdyne had called Cosmos, and his father was the exact opposite end of the spectrum known as Chaos.

Once this epiphany hit Khaos' mind like a Mack truck hitting a chicken on the road, he was snapped back to consciousness, the chamber was nothing how it had been. Alberdyne was no where to be seen, and all four torches were lit, the chamber door slid back into the sealed position as he came too with a suddenly slamming noise. Khaos realized that the chamber had some sort of intelligence to it, and it knew he hadn't completed the task at hand.

Each of the four torches burned with a different color fire, one blue, one green, one red, and one actually black with a orange ring around it. Khaos took all of this in from his lying position, apparently Alberdyne had at least made sure he would be alright and comfortable, he wasn't sprawled on the floor, just laying like he had been sleeping. Alberdyne had likely done this then went on with the quest alone and by the sound and looks of it just finished.

Unbeknownst to Alberdyne or even Khaos at this time he had actually made the test easier for Khaos, the torches were still lit, there for that part of the challenge was completed for Khaos. This became apparent almost immediately when Khaos rose to a standing position, as the gate into the astral realm opened and swallowed him before he had time to react.

The lighting inside this portion was blue, and standing before him he was seeing himself as he had been the moment his mom vanished from in front of him. The child version of himself was calling out to her, begging her to come back. This broke his heart to watch this happen. He realized he actually hated his mom, it was nothing like the hatred he had towards his father but still was strong enough. As he watched he saw himself as a youth sit down bawling, the tears streaming down his face. That's when he saw his mother watching and talking to the same shin that trained him. It struck him that she hadn't abandoned him, but had left him to be trained by some one other than her.

He could feel the hatred in his heart begin to evaporate almost instantly. He watched as the shin approached the child version of himself, and lead him off for what became the best part of his youth.

"I now understand why she left me, and know she never actually did. I can't hate her, and actually feel sorry for her. It had to be harder on her than it was on me to watch me grow from afar." Khaos said out loud to himself.

Kami's voice resonated in response "Good, you have faced one of the challenges and passed, you let the hatred go, and grew in knowledge."

As the voice trailed off, the color of the scene changed. This time it turned to red, standing before him, was the empowered form of himself. It was literally laughing at him. It's eyes were blood red, the entirety of the cloth and armor were dripping red liquid. Even the horns had it dripping from them, the laugh and grin were very disturbing to him.

"You will become me AGAIN" The demon version of himself bellowed "I am your fate, your destiny and you will never escape me"

Khaos began to tremble he didn't have an idea as to how to counter act this part of the test. He had become the demon before, and although there were differences in his current empowered form, even he knew they looked very much alike. Then the memory of the demon he had almost slain, but opted to save it's life flooded into his mind. The frantic flight to Korin's tower, and begging Korin to use a bean to save him.

"I am nothing like you, with all the hatred I have in my heart for demon's and my father I still saved Zanza's life instead of destroying it. You are nothing but MY PAST." Khaos said the last part at a scream "You are my inner demon, you shall always be there, but will never control me again"

With the uttering of these words the demonic version of himself melted away. The smoke going into the air slowly, and leaving a lingering cloud. Once again the voice of the younger Kami came in response.

"You have now faced your inner fear and passed the test. The remaining two challenges are to come, and will be taken at once."

With that it was almost as if the portal spit Khaos back out, but he could still feel the energies of the astral world around him. He knew he was still in the test, especially when his father appeared before him.

"If you won't become what you were born to be, my agent on this planet, I will kill you here" His father Chaos growled to him.

"You can try, but I won't ever be your puppet again" Khaos' angelic voice rang back, the sadistic smile returning to his face.

An immediate response came from the Lord of Evil. He immediately launched a Hell Blitz, this one was teeming with evil energies, it was nothing like the one that Zanza had launched. Immediately following the release of this move, he rushed Khaos, and his movements were considerably faster than that of any one Khaos had faced including the wolf warrior. He was almost too fast to follow, and he blazed a trail directly at Khaos attempting to grab and toss him into the oncoming strong attack.

Khaos didn't exactly have long to react, so he did the only thing he could think of, he concentrated on allowing the ambient ki of the chamber empower his astral form, as he did he could feel it flow into him like a river flowing through the cracked levies for flood control. He could feel himself becoming more empowered as he concentrated, then he felt the cold, slick hands grab him, and then the air rushing around him. He opened his eyes to the sight of the Hell Blitz coming at him full speed, and him rushing to meet it midway.

Khaos forced all of the newly gather ki energy into his arms, and hands. He could feel them glowing with this odd ki that wasn't his own, but borrowed for the moment. The were glowing grey, blue, and red intermixing his own ki aura with the one's he took in. He grabbed the Hell Blitz and turned it against his Father, he released it right back at the demon as he flew. He knew the move wouldn't do much but would be a needed distraction.

He then began to charge the biggest, and most powerful Cosmic Cannon attack he had ever thought of using. The heated ki was crackling almost instantly with Khaos' new found ki from the chamber, but he still held it pumping more and more ki into the blast. By the time he tossed it forward his hand was red from the heat, and he was drenched in sweat. The crackling Cosmic Cannon barreled towards his target with intensity unmatched by anything Khaos had seen or done.

The Hell Blitz was a complete surprise to the demonic being, it struck home, and burned deep into his exposed abdomen, he bellowed with pain, the howl shook the entire chamber's astral version. Khaos let a smile cross his lips, the Cosmic Cannon was still feet away from the target but due to the aim it would hit the same exact spot if left unguarded. That's when the Cosmic Cannon exploded prematurely, as if it contacted something unseen.

Almost immediately, a body flew backwards and collided with the Demon King, the body had a vicious hole in the chest, and a massive burn mark around it. There was little doubt if it was alive, it was oozing blood as it flew. It took a few moments for Khaos to catch a good look at it, but when he did his heart skipped a beat, he realized that it was the demonic version of himself, and he had been lucky. It was attempting some sort of surprise attack on him, and when he had been tossed it had to move to him, causing it to cross path's with the super charged Cosmic Cannon.

The body colliding with it knocked the Demon King onto his ass, it was unexpected and a major surprise to both him and Khaos. The demon was struggling to get up while Khaos started getting his finishing attacks ready. Khaos once again began charging ki into his hand, this time he let it charge, and kept it charging. The demon pushed the body off of it and to the side and rose to its feet and launched two swift hell blitz attack at the same time, both attacks barreled at Khaos.

Khaos closed his eyes and pictured the space behind the creature that was his father. The feel of the air in the room, the stone floor against his boots, everything came to mind, instantly he was gone, the two balls of negative energy rushing past where he had once been standing. He opened his eyes to see the back of his father, with a downward chopping motion of his hand he unleashed all the charged ki he had in one massive Ki Blade strike, his hand becoming as sharp as a razor.

The Demonic Father had no chance to stop or dodge the attack, since he had no idea where Khaos was standing. Khaos' hand connected with the demon's flesh at the soft spot where the neck meets the shoulder, his hand cutting through the flesh like a steak knife cuts veal. The demon's back ichor coating the hand and arm as it sliced through flesh, bone, and sinew. The hand finally exited the demon's flesh at the spot where the spine turns into a tail bone on humans.

The top half of the demon fell apart from being split into and it evaporated into thin air. That's when Khaos was thrust out of the astral realm, he was still standing in the same spot he had been when he had been swallowed by the portal, the only difference in the room was the torches were now no longer aflame. As Khaos regained his senses he could hear the door to the chamber opening for him to exit. Khaos made a direct course for the exit, not wanting to have to redo ANY of this trial to reopen the exit.

He figured it was on a timer, so he rushed out, and followed the same course he had previously just reversed. He made it out of the maze of hallways, and back out into
sunshine and fresh air. He dropped to his knees and let a silent prayer out.

"Thank you for everything mother, I will be one of your agents on this planet until I'm no longer needed, and father is destroyed" Khaos prayed.

Kami and Mr. Popo approached, Khaos was concerned about the absence of Alberdyne, but he didn't get the chance to ask. The two approached right as Khaos' tumbled back into unconsciousness from exhaustion, he hadn't realized how much energy he expended in that final strike to defeat his father, and to think it wasn't truly the Chaos. As Khaos dreamed his mind made it apparent it knew he had to train and become more powerful if he was to ever defeat his father in combat, and in the dreams that followed he was training more intense than most had ever seen.

WC 2764.
TWC(both links combined) 6339
Khaos
Khaos
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 38
Race: Hybrid

Back to top Go down