Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karuba

2 posters

Go down

Karuba Empty Karuba

Post by Karuba 8/24/2012, 11:02 pm

Character Name: Karuba

Age Several centuries, but he lost track of the exact number a long time ago.

Race: Demon

Appearance (Picture Recommended:)
Karuba John_Doe_full

Starting Location: Earth

Biography (150 words:)
Long ago, in the times before modern technology and space travel, there was an island continent called Mu. It was a society more advanced than the rest of the world and one which knew peace, a blessing it owed to the fact that it remained undiscovered. The people of Mu were practitioners of magic, using it for everything from the simplest day-to-day duties to complex rituals of divination and communing with denizens of the Other World. It was this magic that would be their undoing.

While most of the priests used their abilities to communicate with Heaven, there was one who sought counsel from different forces. It was in the deepest parts of the temples of Mu where he dared speak to such creatures, learning their terrible secrets and attempting to use their dark power for his own. But there was one who would not be bound.

The protective sigils had been drawn, the proper rites recited. Everything was in place, but the demon Karuba would not serve. His were the aspects of chaos and death, and after fleeing the temple he delighted in sowing both among the people of Mu.

Though his reign of terror was not to last, the cost was devastating. Many innocent lives were lost, and by the time the most powerful priests had devised a plan to deal with the threat it was already too late. Mu was sinking beneath the waves, but the elder priests gathered together, sealing Karuba away in a Mafuba Jar just as Mu sank beneath the ocean, taking the few survivors with it.

The jar floated in the waves until, centuries later, it was accidentally caught in the net of a fisherman. From there it changed hates repeatedly over many years, from museums to private collections, eventually finding a home with the Shiratori family. Karuba's powers have been drained considerably, leaving him extremely weak, but the magic of the jar has faded as well. It's only a matter of time before he is able to escape, wreaking havoc on the world once again.

Attributes:

You start with 50 as a base for each attribute and have 200 attribute points (AP) you may distribute amongst them.

Strength: 50+25+50=125
Agility: 50+50=100
Ki: 50+50=100
Endurance: 50+50=100

You start with 50 technique points (TP). What abilities will you start with?
Hell Blitz

How did you find this site?
Google!

Were you referred to this site, if so, who referred you?
Nope.

Roleplay Sample (250 words):
So much time spent in confinement. He'd struggled for a while, trying to force the cork out, but the priest's words still rang in his ears. “As long as our magic holds you, you will never be free!” This was a technique Karuba had heard about, but he never thought he'd fall victim to it. There were times he thought about trying to shatter it from the inside, but he'd also heard that if the jar broke he would die as well. And that simply wouldn't be any fun.

For the first few centuries there was only darkness. The magic was strong and had drained him of his powers. He was unaware of everything happening just outside his prison. But slowly, he felt it. The magic holding him in place was fading. Little by little, decade by decade, it grew weaker until he was finally granted awareness. As fate would have it, that was the day he would meet her.

He wasn't even aware of her presence until he felt the shifting. Someone was out there, lifting the jar. If was dropped it would shatter, and he couldn't risk such a thing happening. Not now. Not that he was so close to release. "Put me down." His words had some effect, and he felt...something else. He couldn't tell what. But the jar trembled and shook. “I said put me down!” He repeated himself, his voice showing more agitation. He wondered if whatever was out there could be heard.

He felt another shift, followed by stability, and a small, feminine voice from outside spoke to him. The voice of a child. “Who are you?” Karuba tapped the inside of the jar, looking up at the cork. If she could hear him, and he could hear her...perhaps now was the time.

“My name is not important. Where am I?”

"Well, I guess I'll just call you Bunny-sama until you tell me! Um... well, you're in a jar and that jar is in my dad's junk-room." He glared at the comparison to a small animal, suddenly remembering the large rabbit head hieroglyph on the jar. That must have been how she was aware of the demon's similarity to the animal.

“Junk room.” He repeated the words to himself. What was he doing in the junk room? If the priests of Mu were worried enough about him to seal him away, surely they would have kept him some place more secure. “Are we on Mu?”

"N-nooo? What's Mu?"

Here answer delighted him. He thought that maybe the priests had saved their civilization after sealing him away, but his work had been done. “Kekeke...” He laughed quietly to himself before answering her question. “Mu is a secret. I'll tell you all about it if you'll just do something for me.”

“Oh?” He could hear excitement in her voice. Children were easy things to sway. One only had to appeal to their curiosity. “Okay! Well, what is it you want?"

“Just pull the cork out of this jar and let me out.” He'd learned long ago he couldn't get out himself, but if she could just pull out the cork he would be free again! And this time the priests of Mu wouldn't be there to put him away. He felt some movement, his eyes looking up at the one thing keeping him from freedom. “I'm sorry, it's stuck in there really good...”

Karuba clenched his fists. He was so close. But he knew the magic was growing weaker with every passing day, and this child would be the one to unleash him. “I see.” His response was a calm one. If he scared her away she might not try to help him. Or worse, drop the jar. He couldn't have that. “What is your name?”

“Yui! Yui Shiratori!" He heard a giggle. The child would be easy to manipulate. "So... how'd you get in that jar?" Her question would be answered promptly, though not at all honestly. “Kekeke...” The laugh would have alerted anyone else to his true intent, but to the child he was nothing more than an unfortunate soul stuck in a jar. “I was put in here by very, very bad people. I need your help to get out.”

“Oh?” The voice responded to him and he felt more shifting. Was she picking the jar up again? Foolish girl! “Well, I don't see any other openings. How am I supposed to get you out?” He stared up at the cork once again. It was the only thing to look at other than the walls. “You can only release me by removing the cork. It is very, very important that you don't break the jar. Run along now, Yui. Go play, but do come see me again.”

“O-oh...” He felt the jar settled again and breathed a quiet sigh of relief. “But, won't you get lonely in here?” He clenched a fist again, glaring up at the cork. He did his best to keep his voice friendly. “Of course! That's why you should come see me often. I you set me free we can play all kinds of fun games. Kekeke...”

“Alright! I'll come visit all the time! And when I'm strong enough, I'll pull that cork out and we can play! Remember, you promised!” And then, silence. The same silence he'd been used to for so many centuries. But now he knew he would be free. Maybe it would take a few years, maybe a few weeks, but he would be free! With that wonderful thought in mind the demon pressed his back against the inside of the jar and slid down into a seated position. All he had to do was wait.
Karuba
Karuba
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Karuba Empty Re: Karuba

Post by Goku 8/25/2012, 12:48 am

You've been accepted/added. Welcome to IDBZ.
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum