Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Suggestion (just sayin....)

5 posters

Go down

Race Suggestion (just sayin....) Empty Race Suggestion (just sayin....)

Post by Subazerot 8/31/2012, 6:02 am

How about we get a Makyan Race(I know we already have the Demon race for that but still....).
Here's some of my suggestions for the Makyans:
A single transformation that can be gained at a low level - about 10, 20, or 30. It has the gains of that level, and then has an increase in transformation gain per level- how about 50 per level and 0.5 or 1% per 5 or something near that level. You guys can take care of the description.

Don't know anything about Racial Benefit but.... how about something the same as the demons or the Makyo Star:
Makyo Star - hey, it might not have been destroyed, this being an alternate universe. Gains something near the same as Oozaru, about +35% all attributes when it passes by the planet the character (Makyan) is on.
Oh yeah, how 'bout the Makyo star being available as a planet. Only Makyans (or demon maybe) can travel here, and only every (insert allotted time), no matter where they are (except if they are dead), and can leave after spending at least (insert allotted time) there.
Other races can also travel here only if a Makyan is traveling with them, and they have to spend a longer time there before they can travel to another planet again. The star's(planet's, whatever) benefit to Makyans are also always activated here. Cannot start on Makyo Star if not Makyan (or demon maybe also).
Subazerot
Subazerot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info
Level: 9
Race: Changeling

Back to top Go down

Race Suggestion (just sayin....) Empty Re: Race Suggestion (just sayin....)

Post by Goku 8/31/2012, 10:31 am

This is not a bad idea at all. I like it.

I mean you have Garlic Jr. and all his minions as potential Makyan canons. They weren't demons per say either. I guess the reason I didn't add the Makyo Star is because... I thought it was a ball of gas and flames, y'know like a star! hahaha
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Subazerot 8/31/2012, 10:43 am

I think it was their homeplanet. Even though it moves around, it is a planet. Let's just say I read a lot.
Thanks for your time anyway.
Subazerot
Subazerot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info
Level: 9
Race: Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruurik 8/31/2012, 11:34 am

Yeah the Makyo Star was a rougue planet. Here is the link to it on the dragonball wiki if you need more information. Granted their isn't all that much information there from the get go.
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 31
Race: Xeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilee 9/1/2012, 12:49 am

I think it'd personally be fine just grouping them under demons myself, or aliens for that matter. While I like the idea of them being a race unto themselves, there are only a handful of individuals from that race and none of them are really popular since they're filler/movie characters while minimal development.

Also, the "Makyo Star" is actually a planet. The confusion, naturally, comes from FUNimation's dub, as they made a very simple mistranslation. The planet's name is "Makyosei" in the original Japanese version if I remember correctly. (Like how Namek is "Nameksei" in Japanese.) Now, in Japan, "sei" can be interpreted as either "star" or "planet", depending on the context it's being used in. In the case of Makyosei, it's more like "Planet Makyo".

If we actually included them as a race, I'd wager we should also actually, you know, add the planet as well, which could be difficult as we have virtually no information about it. Either that, or consider it a second moon for Earth, which could make transformation balance difficult since as far as we know, it only orbits Earth, so they'd be at a disadvantage on another planet, which leads to even more people on Earth.

I'm at a tossup as to whether or not I think it's a good idea, but I figured I'd give a bit of background knowledge. Also, as a disclaimer, I really don't speak Japanese -- I just know some linguistic basics (and a few things that apply to Dragon Ball) in the same sense that I know a touch of Greek/Latin.
Eilee
Eilee
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 25
Race: Hybrid

http://www.kiyza.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 9/2/2012, 5:24 pm

Yeah, right now they're grouped with demons.
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dark 9/4/2012, 12:27 pm

Dread wrote:We could say the Makyo Star was destroyed by someone or something (It could have crashed into a star being a rogue planet and all). Makyans can learn a no slot ability for 50 TP that allows them to create a realistic illusion of the Makyo Star that imbues them with the power that the real Makyo Star would have.
John Dark
John Dark
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 82
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down