Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Hunt (Solo)

Go down

Man Hunt (Solo) Empty Man Hunt (Solo)

Post by John Dark 9/7/2012, 1:07 pm

Dread wrote:John reached Kami’s Lookout by late morning sometime after he had exchanged words with “Coach”; the price for that particular audience had been too steep for him. He highly doubted that he would ever stop regretting what he had done to his teacher’s assistants. John blamed both himself and the terrible force that swelled within him that he fought to contain.

When released, his inner force lent him great power, but at a cost. It had a negative impact on him; it changed him. He hoped he would never need to use it again; the prospect of the changes it wrought upon him instilled him with a chilling sense of dread. The temptation to release it in the face of confrontation, however, had already proved too great for him to resist. He did not kid himself into believing he would forever avoid wielding it.

John landed in between two lines of trees that had received Mr. Popo’s care for an undeterminable amount of time. Mr. Popo currently stood nearby, watering some of his flowers. He soon turned to face the human visitor to the Lookout. “Hello, John,” He greeted. “What brings you here?” He asked.

“I need to speak with Kami,” John told him. “It is very important.”

“I am afraid he is resting at the moment and cannot be disturbed.” Mr. Popo revealed. “You may wait for him if you like. Perhaps you would like something to eat in the meantime.”

“Thank you for the offer, Mr. Popo, but I cannot afford to wait for him to wake.” John replied. “I will just have to try doing this on my own.”

John walked to the very edge of the Lookout and gazed down at the clouds hundreds of feet below him. “Where are you, you son of a bitch,” He hissed under his breath.

He closed his eyes and focused as best he could; he received immediate results. He detected multiple energy signatures across the planet that rivaled his own level of power. He had never expected to sense so many! Who did they belong to? Where had they all come from?

John gritted his teeth in irritation. After all he had been through he seemed as insignificant as ever before! He felt as though he had suffered for nothing. What, exactly, had he gained from his torments? Perhaps fate truly existed and it laughed at his aspirations and futile endeavors as his master often did.

John dropped to his knees and opened his eyes; Mr. Popo watched him in silence. “It’s hopeless,” John admitted. “Nothing I do will ever matter because I am as nothing. I am less than nothing.”

Mr. Popo, knowing of nothing else he could do to help, walked over and placed a comforting hand on John’s shoulder. “Have you already forgotten what Kami taught you?” He asked; John turned and stared at him. “You do what you can; you are no more and no less than what or who you are.”

John slowly smiled at his remark; they were the words he needed to hear. He had no idea until then, but all he needed was someone other than himself to help him remember his status in life. “Thank you,” He said as he stood up and gazed back down at the clouds as though they hid something vital from him. There are so many strong people in the world. My power is not as grand as I first imagined it; I just wasn’t used to it. I needed this reality check. I think I can now use my power without fear of losing myself. John smiled; his eyes glimmered with hope.

“Is there something or someone you wish to find?” Mr. Popo asked.

“How did you know?” John questioned.

“Kami often stands as you are standing now and watches over the Earth, sensing out the activity that occurs all across the planet.” He answered. “I assumed you were trying to do something similiar.”

“That’s amazing!” John remarked; his senses were not nearly as great as what Mr. Popo described of Kami. “I just want to find the person who kidnapped someone very precious to me. I must save her, Mr. Popo, but I don’t think I can do it even from up here. There are too many energy signatures and I have never encountered most of them before. I can’t identify any of them.” He felt hopelessness returning to him in greater force than before.

“Who was kidnapped?” Mr. Popo asked.

“A baby girl named Tabitha,” John answered. “I don’t think I ever told you about her. Her father and older sister were killed in South City. I was there at the time when it happened. I managed to save her, but the man responsible for the deaths of her family members and a number of rescue workers pursued us. I left her in an ambulance with a paramedic and confronted our attacker. I nearly died that night; I don’t like looking back on it, but something good came out of it. I woke in a hospital the next morning and met the girl’s mother. She had come to thank me and offer me a home.”

“Why didn’t you stay?” Mr. Popo asked; he had remained respectfully silent throughout John’s brief recounting of the event that had sparked the beginning of the rest of his life.

“I was afraid something bad, something like this, would happen to them if I stayed.” He admitted. “I left it too late; I had already gotten involved in their lives! I should have stayed to protect them!” John cried.
John Dark
John Dark
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 82
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Man Hunt (Solo) Empty Re: Man Hunt (Solo)

Post by John Dark 9/7/2012, 4:38 pm

Dread wrote:“You cannot blame yourself for the wrong doings committed by others.” Kami spoke suddenly from behind John and Mr. Popo; he had just exited from the palace-like structure within which John had enjoyed many luxuries and endured just as many trials. He stepped forward and continued speaking, “Everyone is responsible for their own deeds whether just or unjust.”

“I saved her, Kami and I promised her mother that I would find her!” John shouted as he turned to face the guardian. “She is my responsibility.”

“You should not have made that promise,” Kami spoke, sounding utterly cold. “You cannot guarantee the child’s safety.”

“Don’t even start with me, Kami. I didn’t come here for a lecture; I need your help!” John angrily pointed out. “You don’t know what I saw, what I walked into when I went to visit them! One innocent lying dead in a pool of her own blood and a mother falling apart over the loss of her daughter. She made me promise. Look me in the eye and tell me you would have denied her!”

“It matters not what I would have done,” Kami said; to John, he sounded like he was trying to absolve himself of the whole affair. “I realize that you are distressed; you must try to calm yourself. I suggest you enjoy some of Mr. Popo’s cooking and-“

“If you want to judge me, Kami, you should at least be prepared to defend yourself when you are judged by others!” John spat, cutting the old alien off. “Tell me what you would have done in my place!”

“Tell her that you are still looking,” Kami instructed.

“Wait, you want me to fly all the way back to South City and show up at her door unannounced without her baby just to tell her, ‘Sorry, lady, but I don’t know where your daughter is yet, but I’m still looking; I’ll keep you updated, but no promises’?” John asked incredulously.

“I have watched your recent battles John; you do not have to go to her to tell her what needs to be said.” Kami told him.

“What are you babbling on about, old man? Do you have a phone, is that it? Do you have her number?” John inquired.

“I have neither," Kami admitted and quickly continued. "You need only to imagine the person you wish to speak to and think what you want her to hear. She will hear you and she might even respond.” He explained.

“Like a telepath? You think I can speak to people with my mind?” John asked.

“You have exhibited psychic abilities recently and anyone with such talents can communicate with their thoughts alone.” Kami informed him.

John let out a sigh of aggravation. “I will try,” He said; he pictured the beautiful and kind woman who had taken him into her home. Um, mom? Can you hear me? I feel kind of stupid trying this; I’ve never tried doing it before. John directed his thoughts at her, he heard a woman scream inside his head. Please, calm down. He requested.

John, is that you? How am I hearing you? Have I gone crazy? Her voice came at him as though she was speaking directly in front of him; he smiled his confirmation that it worked back at Kami; he nodded as though to say, ‘I told you so.’

No, you’re not crazy; don’t freak out, but I’m speaking to you with my mind. John paused, expecting to hear her cry out even though he told her not to, but he received only silence. She wanted him to continue. You’re a wonderful person and I really wish there were more people like you in the world. I cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for me and said to me.

Is Tabitha with you? She suddenly asked; her tone was filled with worry.

John paused, but he could not keep the truth from her no matter how deeply it saddened him to continue breaking her heart. I am still looking for her. He admitted. Have the police found anything yet?

He heard sobbing, but she eventually managed to answer him; she was a strong woman. They don’t keep me updated. All they’ve done is question me and relocate me to a “safer place” so they can go through our home looking for more evidence. A sad sense of happiness sparked within John; she had said “our home”, which meant she still included him in her family! They also assigned me a counselor; I guess they want to make sure I stay sane and don’t try anything crazy like jump out a window.

Typical pig behavior, John thought; that was the former thief inside him talking. You’re going to find her, aren’t you, John? She asked then added, to John’s immediate discord, You promised me you would.

He glanced to Kami, but quickly looked away; he had no desire for his advice in the current matter. I am trying. Those were the hardest words John had ever told anyone with either his mouth or mind. I am sorry, but that's all I can do right now. John received no further reply from her; he believed, for an instant, she had given up on him because he could offer her no more assurances.

John, someone just broke down the door! She’s looking right at me. Please help me! She suddenly cried.

Where are you? John asked; renewed terror made his eyes go wide and his body shake. Tell me and I’ll be right there! A long silence passed; John trembled because he worried she, of all people, had died. Please not her; please don’t take her! John thought alone.

John. She thought to him; he had maintained the connection between them out of a fervent hope that she would still be alive. She asked me where you went and why you didn’t stay or return. She admitted to taking Tabitha, John! The bitch took my baby! John suffered another pause, but it was filled with her sobbing. I just told her we’re speaking now; she actually believed me like it's somehow normal for people to talk this way. She wants me to tell you where to meet her. You have to save her, John! Do whatever it takes!

A woman? A woman had taken Tabitha and killed Susan? John did not enjoy the prospect of having to confront a woman, but he would do what needed done. He merely hoped he would not have to harm her permanently or kill her if and when they clashed.

Just give me the information; do nothing to upset her. If she’s what I think she is, she can kill you in the blink of an eye. He did not enjoy terrifying her, but he needed her safe above all other things and, at that moment, she was far from safe.
John Dark
John Dark
Champion
Champion

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dark 9/7/2012, 5:11 pm

Dread wrote:John had been correct in his assumptions all along, but he had made the critical error of flying off the handle more than twice in the past twelve hours alone. His teacher had been correct when he told him that the kidnapper would attempt to contact him and that it would happen soon. He should have waited at his new home with his new mother after having encountered the crime scene, but he had acted extremely rashly as of late because he had been wholly terrified of Tabitha’s fate.

He had gone to his teacher, desperate for help, only to be turned away after mutilating two men. He had flown to the Lookout as advised by his teacher and foolishly assumed that he was among few people with a considerable energy signature on the planet. He thought that his ‘great power’ would enable him to locate his quarry effortlessly. Trying to find the kidnaper through “Coach’s” suggested method, however, proved to be as impossible as sifting through a stack of needles for a piece of hay.

He had wasted time and agitated the criminal because of al his poor decision making as of late. His adopted mother had been placed in danger again because he could not stop for ten seconds to clear his head! Mr. Popo and Kami had both suggested he wait and eat something, but he had refused to listen to them then. Present circumstances, however, forced him to wait and to prepare.

He presently knew where the kidnapper would be because the message had only just been relayed to him. The enemy, however, would arrive later in the day with Tabitha. John could hardly control his temper at such cowardice. She intended to place a baby in the midst of a battlefield just to ensure he held back. What made the issue worse was that he knew she would fight him with all her ability regardless of the infant’s presence. Tabitha’s safety could not be guaranteed and she would serve as a severe distraction to John and that was something his opponent would also exploit.

John tried eating the meal he had asked Mr. Popo to prepare for him because he had surrendered to the fact his body needed sustenance. He was too distraught to keep anything down, unfortunately. He was on edge and his stomach churned whenever he swallowed anything. He threw up over the Lookout’s side more than once.

He gave up on eating and spent the next hour trying to comfort Tabitha’s and, hopefully, his mother. He made a poor job of it because neither he nor she could benefit from kind words alone. There was no comfort to be found in the fact that Tabitha's kidnapper had left her mother unharmed. He had some final words of advice to give her despite the fact he could not promise a happy ending to the madness that afflicted them both.

Do not tell the police what happened or what you heard. He told her.

Like I'd tell them I'm hearing voices. She scoffed, but her attempt at humor failed miserably.

I'm serious; I can't have anyone else at the rendezvous point. It will be hard enough as it is with...with... John could not bring himself to conclude that statement.

My daughter, my darling baby, Tabitha. She said it for him. You can refuse to promise me all you want, John. It hurts to know you doubt yourself this much. Like I said before, you saved her once already and I know you can do it again. Her words hardly brought any comfort to John and did nothing for his confidence; he hardly knew anything about Tabitha's kidnapper and her mother knew even less than he did.

I will do what I can. John told her.

I know, which is exactly why you and Tabitha will be home n time for dinner. John could not prevent himself from smiling; either her faith in him was unshakable or she chose to ignore the blatant truth of the matter. He consoled himself with the fact that their conversation ended on a positive note.

He decided to leave for the battlefield early when he could think of nothing else to do atop the Lookout. “I cannot stare here; I understand the wisdom of waiting, but I cannot sit still while someone I care about is in danger.” John told both Mr. Popo and Kami. “Besides, if I am to have a chance in this fight, I must familiarize myself with the arena. My enemy will not have selected it without good reason. She already has too many advantages over me and I must try to equalize the playing field.” He thoroughly explained his reasons for leaving.

“That is wise,” Kami conceded.

“I am sorry I could not enjoy your cooking today, Mr. Popo. I’m afraid I can’t eat much of anything right now; I’m a total wreck.” John said.

“Think nothing of it, John; I completely understand. Be careful and save that girl if you can.” Mr. Popo replied.

With the pleasantries out of the way, John waved farewell to the Lookout’s only two known residents. They waved back just before he turned around and flew off toward his destination. I’m going to die today; I have no chance against her if she plans on fighting me this way. He thought to himself dejectedly.
John Dark
John Dark
Champion
Champion

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down