Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Glory of Death

2 posters

Go down

The Glory of Death Empty The Glory of Death

Post by Goku 9/12/2012, 7:05 pm

“I see you’re feeling better Goku,” West Kai said.

Goku sat beneath one of the many willow trees on the West Kai’s small planetoid. He sat cross legged with both of his eyes closed. Bandages covered his shirtless frame, but despite that, he looked as serene as ever. For a long moment he didn’t respond, but then, both of his eyes opened slowly.

“I healed pretty fast,” Goku said. “I don't know what happened. You must have used some sort of magical means?”

West Kai shook his head. “No, I just bandaged you up. You've been given an immortal body for the heroic deeds you've done in life. This body will regeneration faster. You'll also notice you have no hunger, nor do you need to eat. You're like a plant, just a little bit of water and some light, and you do great.”

Goku shrugged. “I don't know West Kai, I'm always hungry. Then again, it hasn't bothered me all that much, I've been so focused on my training.”

West Kai chuckled. “I think that's in your head, if you want me to be honest with you.

“Oh, by the way, look up,” Goku said and smiled.

West Kai glanced up and both of his eyes nearly popped out of his head. “Y-yikes, Goku! What are you doing?”

Floating hundreds of feet above the planetoid was a massive blue-white sphere that bristled with power. The sphere itself was at least three times the size of the planetoid and cast a heavy shadow over it. West Kai fixed his monocle nervously.

“Making a Spirit Bomb,” Goku said. “I think I’ve got the hang of it.”

“Got the hang of it?” West Kai said and let out a low whistle. “That is the biggest Spirit Bomb I’ve ever laid eyes on. Now, can you please make it go away? It is scaring the daylights out of me.”

Goku nodded. “The living spirits agreed to lend me their energy so that I might master its use. I think I could build it even bigger, but there’s no need for that.”

The massive orb began to break apart. Beads of white light shimmered and flew off in random directions. With each passing second it shrunk down until it was only as big as a basketball and then it exploded with a bright flash of light. It left behind a cloud that shimmered in the dim yellow light of Other World.

Goku stood up and gave a good stretch. He leaned back, arching his back and then did windmills with his arms. After a few squats, he was finished. “So, you’ve really never seen a Spirit Bomb that big? I’m surprised.”

“I figured you’d learn to use the Spirit Bomb, but once again you’ve surpassed by expectations a hundred fold,” West Kai said.

“What other tricks do you have under your sleeve?” Goku asked. He was more than eager to start training in something new.

West Kai said nothing for a long while as he thought about it. His foot tapped rapidly and he huffed a few times in frustration.

“What’s wrong?” Goku finally asked.

“I just figured it would have taken you decades, if not centuries to learn the Kaio-Ken and Spirit Bomb, but it didn’t. Those were my two trump cards, the very best tricks I have up my sleeve. All that’s left is stuff that you already know how to do.”

“Well,” Goku said. “I don’t mean to sound rude, but are there any other Kais I could train with? Maybe they would know different tricks.”

West Kai rubbed the back of his head. “Not really, I'm the only competent one out of the four of us in fighting. I mean, the only thing we could do is petition for you to train with the Grand Kai or Supreme Kais. But, I’ve never seen that actually happen. They’re busy beings, you see, and they only take time to train the very best warriors.”

“I’d be willing to show them what I can do,” Goku said. “How do contact them?”

Before his question was answered, Goku's head snapped to the side when he felt a moderately large energy signature appear beside them. It was a short being, with a crooked nose, pointy ears. He wore a white tunic and leggings, with a pair of golden boots on his feet. The boots had had bronzed wings that sprouted out of the side and flapped rapidly propelling him as he moved forward.

“Hermes?” West Kai said.

“Western Kaioshin, it is good to see you again. I have a missive for you from the Grand Kaioshin,” Hermes said.

“A missive, doesn't that bastard know what telepathy is? Well, let me see it!”

Hermes floated down and handed West Kai a silver scroll covered in what looked like magical runes. He opened the scroll slowly and read it over, grumbling to himself the entire time.

“What's it say?” Goku said, trying to take a peek.

West Kai yanked the scroll down out of his sight and turned to Hermes. “All right, tell him we'll be there soon.”

“Toodles,” Hermes said and waved. He clicked both of his heels together and then vanished into thin air, leaving behind a few snowy white feathers that fluttered down, landing in the grass.

“We've been summoned by the Grand Kai,” West Kai said. He crumpled up the scroll, tossed it down and stomped on it several times cursing away.

Goku stood there, with his arms crossed, trying not to laugh at the pitiful display.

“Well, what's wrong with that?” he finally asked after a minute or so.

“In the letter, he said he heard of your impressive victory in Hell, sealing away that weird alien creature you fought and using the Spirit Bomb. He also said that he heard good things about North Kai's newest student. So, he wants us to get together for a little sparring match, in front, of EVERYONE!”

“Oh wow!” Goku said and clapped his hands together. “That sounds fun.”

The West Kai let out a roar of frustration and stomped off towards his little house behind the pick-up truck.

WC: 1,043
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

The Glory of Death Empty Re: The Glory of Death

Post by Tasuda 9/13/2012, 5:27 pm

Tasuda had arrived at King Kai’s only a couple days ago. Though Tasuda knew him, King Kai was reluctant to acknowledge him, saying that he was evil and should not be there. The history of his other self here in this universe was cursing him. But he was persistant, sitting in the grass, meditating all day since he had arrived.

His self in this universe now resided in hell from what he understood, chained, sealed and forgotten in a dark pit. Now he had to prove he wasn’t that monster. The thought that he had an alternate self around meant that he was born in this world. Which probably meant he was still a child of Garish.

Tasuda’s keen ears caught someone coming in close, breathing normally. King Kai was in his home, while Bubbles and Gregory were out running around as they regularly did. The person landed and froze when he saw Tasuda. His eyes widened but the focus changed when King Kai came out.

“Hey Hermes. What’s the news?”

Hermes nodded. “I have a summon for you and your... student.”

King Kai looked at the Namekian who seemed to be ignoring them, but he knew with the massive ears, heard every pin drop. “He’s not my student, just a hobo sleeping on my lawn.”

Hermes shrugged and handed the scroll to him. “It’s from the Grand Kai. He’d like to see the two of you.”

King Kai took the scroll and opened it up, reading it. The scroll itself or very ornate. Silver metal ends that were shaped into two coiled dragons. They flowed in creating the silver pole that held the scroll. The scroll itself invited King Kai and Tasuda to come to heaven for a sparring match. King Kai couldn’t very well decline, nor tell the Grand Kai that Tasuda wasn’t his student. That he was just a delinquent. No, he could tell him that at all.

“Very well, tell the Grand Kai we’ll be there. Come Tasuda, you must get ready.” King Kai went into the house.

Tasuda heard it all. Maybe now he could prove to them he wasn’t the evil Tasuda. He stood and entered the house. King Kai looked at the clothing and shook his head. His antennae glowed and the energy shot out, striking Tasuda. His clothing changed, forming into an orange jump suit with his symbol on it. The suit was familiar, but Tasuda couldn’t place it. Nor did he particularly like it.

“If you’re going to represent me, you must wear my symbol. And so help me, you better not cause any trouble.”

Tasuda nodded. “Of course.”

King Kai began floating up when he felt a hand on his ankle. He yelped as they vanished, appearing on the planet of the Grand Kai. Tasuda’s hand let go as King Kai’s concentration shattered and he fell face first. Walking past, Tasuda looked around at the architecture. It was very familiar. Fighters were around the area training. These would’ve been the most pure and powerful warriors in the world.

“I told you not to cause any trouble!”

Tasuda shook his head. “I didn’t. I just got us here quicker.”

WC:528
Tasuda
Tasuda
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info
Level: 1
Race: Hybrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 9/14/2012, 1:01 am

Goku jumped out of the back of the pick up truck and landed onto the platform. West Kai, who was in the driver's seat, guided it down, big steering wheel in hand. He set all four tires in one smooth turn of the wheel. It was quite the experience, to ride in the back of the blue truck as it whipped across the expanses of Other World. The speed had even astounded Goku, who doubted he could even move that fast.

And here I was thinking that it was just a prop, Goku thought to himself.

West Kai opened the door and jumped out. He slammed it shut and fixed his monocle, using the rear-view mirror's reflection. Twirling the keys on his finger he gave a proud nod to Goku.

“She's fast,” he said. “Fastest one ever built in Other World.”

“We have trucks on Earth, but they drive on roads,” Goku said and rubbed the back of his head.

West Kai harrumphed. “That's kind of two-dimensional, don't you think?”

Goku shrugged.

The Grand Kai's planet was far larger than the little planetoid that West Kai resided on. It had one land mass, and in the center was a rather large mansion surrounded by lavish gardens. One thing since his arrival that startled Goku was the likeness Other World had to Earth. The Grand Kai's mansion looked like an old palace that some business tycoon or rich man would have had.

Being a martial artist, he was no expert on such things. But, he could help but feel that somehow it all was tied in together. Maybe Other World and Earth were reflections of each other, or somehow inadvertently influenced each other. If the souls of the dead arrived here and were recycled through reincarnation, it would only make sense.

“Goku, you coming?” West Kai called out.

It was then Goku realized that he had been marveling at the place like a small child, lost in thought. They passed over a stone bridge and onto a cobbled path that led up to the steps of the mansion. West Kai was so short that he practically had to hop up the steps like a rabbit. As Goku ascended, he smoothed the front of his dark blue gi.

He missed his orange ki, the one he had received from Master Roshi, the one that bore the symbol of the Turtle School. This one, was deep blue and folded across the front of him, instead of sliding over like a t-shirt. It had a black obi that he had tied around his waist and a pair of woven sandals with white linen socks. It was very traditional, and sewn to his left breast was a patch that held insignia of the Western Quadrant.

The doors opened up into a grand hall. Marbled statues of sentinel warriors stood facing them, their golden spears tight against their armored shoulders. They were so life like in appearance that as Goku studied their ruby eyes, he anticipated them to blink. Beyond the statues was a large reception hall, with floor made up of a mosaic of blue and green tiles.

This place is so colorful, Goku thought.

The main staircase, which was wide enough to fit at least six men abreast, had a bright yellow carpet and the bannisters seemed to be engraved and bronzed. Where they ended, at the base of the steps, they protruded out into serpent heads with long tongues licking upwards at the glittering chandelier that loomed above them.

The castellan greeted them with a warm smile. He was a strange looking being with orange skin and a tall neon green mowawk. Each of his pointed ears had beaded feather earrings on them that nearly touched his thin shoulders. He wasn't much bigger than the West Kai and wore silver threaded robes bearing no insigina.

“The Grand Kaioshin has been anticipating your arrival,” the Castellan said. “He is in the training grounds with some of his students. North Kai arrived quite awhile ago.”

Goku could have swore he saw West Kai twitch. “He must have received his missive first.”

“Oh no, Hermes said he dropped by your place first, as it was closer and on the way,” the Castellan said.

As the Castellan opened the glass door leading to the back part of the mansion, Goku could have sworn he heard West Kai unleash a series of explicative curses under his breath. The fighter couldn't help but chuckle.

What they stepped out into simply struck Goku with more awe than any of the lavishness of the mansion behind them. A checkered stone patio that stretched out for what seemed like a mile in all directions. There were at least a hundred warriors, each one with such an impressive spiritual energy that it was almost overwhelming.

Goku saw a dumpy fat looking fellow wearing a black cap with long antennae, with the same sort of garb as the West Kai. He looked to be having a conversation with another of his short race, but this one had a long white hair and a beard that fell to his belt buckle. He wore sunglasses, a jean jacket, and cowboy style boots, which seemed out of place among all the other more traditional outfits in the crowd.

The Kais all seem to have pointy ears. They don't have very strong spiritual energies, but I'm sure they're hiding their real power. I've seen West Kai's power leak out a bit in his demonstrations. But, he has a tight control over it, even better than I have on my own. I just thought it was the West Kai. These two seem that way too. I wonder if it's a part of their bodies, Goku mused.

“West Kai!” the one in the jean jacket said. “I'm glad that you've agreed to this little sparring match. It's not often my students get to see other fighting styles in action.”

“Goku,” West Kai said. “This is the Grand Kai, my superior and the warden of Other World.”

“Ha ha! Such a formal introduction Westie,” the Grand Kai said and slapped the West Kai on the back of the shoulder. “Relax... Goku! It's nice to meet you kid.”

“Ditto,” Goku said with a broad smile. He clapped his hands together. Already he could feel the blood pumping. He hadn't fought a real opponent since his defeat at Cell's hand, and was thirsting for a challenge.

“Where you from” Grand Kai asked.

“E— ”

“Earutak!” West Kai shouted, cutting him off. “He's from planet Earutak, way out in my Quadrant, at like the edge of known space.”

“That would explain why I've never heard of it,” Grand Kai said and chuckled. “We got ourselves a country boy then.”

Goku sighed. The West Kai was going to try make sure that the North Kai didn't know he was from his quadrant. It didn't matter to Goku, he just wanted the fight that was promised to him.

“You'll be fighting Tasuda. He's right over there,” the Grand Kai said and pointed.

This Tasuda fellow as tall, green-skinned, and well muscled. For clothing he in a orange gi with a blue undershirt, much like the one Goku was accustom to. Two short antenna protruded from his naked brows and his head was completely bald.

Both of Goku's own eyebrows narrowed at the sight of none other than Piccolo. Well, his nose and eyes were a bit different, but everything else was the same. Goku had defeated both the Demon King, and his son. They were his sworn enemies, yet here one of them stood.

No, maybe not. His spiritual energy feels much different. It's closer to Kami's, but still there's something else there.

“It's nice to meet you Tasuda. You look very familiar,” Goku said. His voice had changed, it was no longer cheerful, but edged with seriousness.

Already Goku was letting a bit of his power seep out. Not enough to form an aura, or to be impressive in front of these warriors, but enough to be on guard. If this Tasuda had any ties to Piccolo, he would be someone to be wary of, despite the strange lightness of his spiritual energy. The energy of those with darkness in their hearts had always felt heavy, burdened by their hatred. This being did not carry that feeling.

WC: 1,404
TWC: 2,447
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasuda 9/14/2012, 8:35 pm

Tasuda stood, waiting for what was to happen. He was surrounded by various Kais, most of whom he had never seen before. King Kai had purposefully stayed away from him, still not trusting him, though he was now stuck with him as turning down the Grand Kai and losing to the other Kais would be a major blow to his status among them.

The Kais were of all shape and sizes and various skin colors. Some were pink, other blue or green. Some even had a more peach tone like the humans and Saiyans. Tasuda had always wondered how they came to be, how one became a kai, or how they reproduced. There were ample female versions, some not so bad looking if he had the desire that other races had.

He also realized he was the only Namekian here. If history changed, he wondered where all of the rest were. Maybe they were good spirited or performed heroic deeds. That would make some sense, his ancestors weren’t exactly the greatest when it came to the good deeds.

“Goku! It’s nice to meet you kid!”

Tasuda heard the name Goku. it was familiar and several memories rushed through his head but he could not place any faces to them. He looked through the crowd and spotted the Grand Kai along with the West Kai whom he never actually met, but had seen when he fought against Kyoto in the afterlife tournament so many years ago. And beside him was a spikey haired man, a Saiyan. He stood straight, proud and confident in himself. This was Goku. Images flooded his head of his past. His friendly sparring matches against the Saiyan, and his fight side by side. He was his leader and friend from Intergalactic Warriors. Then he vanished soon after when the alliance split into two so they could bring in more members.

Goku looked at him though Tasuda had the feeling this wasn’t the Goku he knew. Tasuda still couldn’t help but feel a rush of happiness in him though. A friend he had once known. A familiar face. He walked over, excitement flooding his veins, barely able to control himself.

“Goku, it’s so wonderful to see you again.” He had a grin like a dimwit. Unable to control his excitement even though he knew full well that this Goku could not be his friend. As he walked up he stuck out his hand.

WC: 405
TWC:930
Tasuda
Tasuda
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 9/15/2012, 12:49 am

He offered me his hand, not his fist. This is definitely no King Piccolo.

Goku shook Tasuda's hand with a firm grip. It was a measure, a test strength and willpower between two fighters. It was also a sign of good nature. People shook hands before a competition, not a bout to the death.

“You recognize me,” Goku said and perked an eyebrow. “Once this is over, you'll have to remind me where we've met.”

He studied his newest sparring partner. There was a grn across face, in fact it appeared like he was happy to see Goku. How do you know me? he wondered as he released his grip and drew away his hand.

Returning an earnest smile of his own, Goku placed both of his hands on his hips. Despite his suspicions and growing confusion, he wanted to show that he meant no ill will to this Tasuda. Other World had thus far proven to be a confusing realm. He decided to simply follow his heart and judge this fighter by his merits, not his appearance.

However, Goku soon notice that this exchange was not missed by the Kais standing around them.

The Grand Kai, who was still beside Goku, bore no expression on his face. The North Kai's eyebrows were furrowed. He seemed frustrated, even distraught at their friendly display. Was he just a competitive person? Or was there something else going on.

Goku could almost feel West Kai's anxiety from here. There was no way two warriors could know each other. From what the West Kai had explained to him, the North Quadrant and the West Quadrant of the universe were so broad, composing of endless galaxies and star systems, that traveling from one to another was nearly impossible—unless you had exceptional interstellar technology.

“Well well,” Grand Kai said and clapped his hands together. “There's no use dallying. I brought you boys here to give me a show of the fighting skills that earned you a place among us. Let's do this.”

The crowd of Kais and the hundreds of warriors of various species all spread out, forming a large ring. Goku walked back thirty or forty paces, putting a good gap between them. He took time to stretch out his arms and legs and then lowered into his stance.

It was quiet, very quiet. A long moment passed, and Goku gave Tasuda a knowing nod once he felt his opponent was ready.

It was time.

Flickering from view, Goku crossed the vast distance before the blink of an eye, appearing at Tasuda's side. He was using just a portion of his power, enough to test Tasuda's reflexes and fighting skill. The blow itself would have been enough to take down King Piccolo in a single shot, but he had a feeling this one was far stronger than his old enemy.

Bringing his elbow in, he threw it forward, aiming at the side of Tasuda's face. He didn't even waste a second. Spinning and pivoting, he dropped low and tried a leg sweep as a follow up.

Some would argue that it was nearly pointless maneuver between warriors who could use their energy for flight, but Goku knew from experience that the momentum and strength such a blow had behind it was like a whip, and could damage the legs of an enemy.

That wasn't his goal with this attack, as he still was holding back, but he needed to see how aware Tasuda was before he made his next move.

WC: 553
TWC: 3,000
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasuda 9/15/2012, 12:16 pm

Goku had taken his hand. It was a firm grip and there he could feel just a portion of his strength. Goku had always been more powerful before he had vanished in his world. He was a Saiyan of morals and principles. One thing confused him though, why wasn’t he training with King Kai? He was a far better instructor than the others, at least until working with the Grand Kai and the Supreme Kai.

“You recognize me. Once this is over, you’ll have to remind me where we’ve met.”

Tasuda nodded. Goku would be the first warrior to recruit into the Paladins. A worthy warrior for the eternal war against evil.

“Well well. There’s no use Dallying around. I brought you boys here to give me a show of the fighting skills that earned you a place among us. Let’s do this.” The Grand Kai and everyone else backed up, creating a large ring where the fighters could fight. This was just a simple sparring match, but to keep up with Goku, he knew he’d have to push himself.

Goku lowered in his stance and prepared himself eyes focused. Tasuda didn’t lower his stance, he kept light on his feet. Legs were close but slightly bent. His left side faced the Saiyan with his left foot facing forward and the respective arm bent at about a hundred degrees and palm out with his fingers relaxed. His right foot was facing out, this giving him the ability to react quickly and not have to change the position of his feet. His right arm was close to his chest, bent about the same and palm facing Goku.

Then he took a step and began his paces as Goku came at him, not going all out. Flickering in and out and coming in on his left as he threw his elbow towards his face. His left arm and right hand came up as his right foot swept out to provide balance. The forearms clashed, Goku’s razor sharp bone striking his muscle weakening it slightly, though it probably would’ve broken through with the power he threw behind it if it wasn’t for his right hand which caught the elbow.

This fight was already getting exciting. He wouldn’t disappoint his friend. Goku spun around, getting low as he swept his leg around, catching Tasuda in the calves, knocking him off balance. Arching his back, he planted his hands and twisted his body to send a double spinning kick to Goku’s face before bouncing back up to his feet where he once again got into his stance.

The stance itself brought back memories of his time in the monastery. It was the stance one used for the Blossom in the Wind form. A soft flowing form that he had adopted for his fighting. He kept his mind clear and focused while keeping him light on his feet and ready to defend. There were better offensive forms, but he didn’t care to be n the offensive. He wanted his opponents to make the mistake which generally happened when attacking. He knew this all too well as he made those mistakes more often than he would care to admit. Hell, it’s what got him here.

WC:538
TWC:1468
Tasuda
Tasuda
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 9/16/2012, 9:08 am

He is skilled, Goku thought.

The leg sweep had taken Tasuda off of his feet, but he had caught himself in a handstand, and used the momentum Goku had provided to send his legs spinning towards him. Goku ducked underneath the first kick, but the second one was lower.

It hit him dead on, passing through his body. But,it was not his body—simply and illusion of it. The image wavered before dispersing into the air. In reality, Goku was floating high above, gazing back down upon his opponent with a smile.

Goku had fought strong opponents, even smart ones. But, seldom did he face off against those who appreciated technique and skill. One could lose a lot of energy in a battle with sloppy form and blatant attacks. Sometimes the best way of fighting took the least effort to bring your opponent down. He could see that was this Tasuda's style, just from those simple maneuvers.

Glancing around, Goku could see the warriors watching the fight intently. However, just one of the people in the crowd seemed to be studying him with particular interest, the North Kai. West Kai had both of his fists clenched and was on the balls of his feet. He wanted Goku to win the little sparring bout badly, as he was a rival to the North Kai. It was kind of a silly situation for Goku, who didn't care which quadrant he belonged to. He just wanted to train and prepare himself to return to the world of the living, if he could find a way that is.

Grand Kai, however, didn't seem to be looking at them at all. Even through his sunglasses, Goku coudl see his eyes were set upon the stone tiles in front of him. He didn't look interested, to say the least. I feel like there's more to him than I could ever imagine, Goku thought.

Goku returned his gaze upon Tasuda. He didn't know what power Tasuda truly held. It was quite possible that he was holding back, just as Goku was doing. It was a tactic that Goku employed quite often, as it let his opponent's own curiosity eat away at them. When he did decide to reveal his true strength, it could come as a surprise and cause them to make vital mistakes.

He had no problem showing Tasuda his true strength, but the fun part was getting his opponent to show his true strength first. For that, Goku decided to let a little more energy seep out and fill his body with power.

Drawing his hands behind him, Goku began to focus his spiritual energy. Azure light began to shine out from between his finger tips as he prepared his signature move.

“Ka-me-ha-me-ha!”

It swelled into a large crackling sphere, which he thrust towards his opponent with both hands. The sphere erupted into a massive blue wave. It bathed the entire platform in its glow. Goku heard cries of terror from some of the the Kais and warriors standing below. They moved back even further, widening the ring.

WC: 508
TWC: 3,508
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasuda 9/16/2012, 3:37 pm

The image of Goku vanished as Tasuda landed on his feet. Tasuda couldn’t help but grin as he knew this exact ability as he uses it as well. As a matter of fact, it was one of the few abilities he’s been able to perform since he returned to life.

Goku was above the battlefield, eyes glancing around at the Kais, before looking back at him. Their eyes met and an exchange of determination and willpower. It was the exchange that any good warrior spoke with one another with just a simple look. It was that exchange when a warrior knew the other the best.

Goku brought his arms back as a sapphire ball of energy grew. It was the kamehameha, a technique that he used to know, but for some reason he could no longer use it. Just like his memories, a piece of it was gone.

Goku threw his hands forward as a beam of energy shot out. Tasuda was already prepared, an image was left as the real Tasuda ducked and flew under the beam, using it’s brilliant light to mask his movements. He shot up towards Goku, keeping as close to the beam as possible, feeling the heat begin to singe his skin.

He popped up, thrusting his fist between the Saiyan’s arms for an uppercut to his chin before bringing it back down and using the same arm for an elbow to his solar plexus. Turning his back to the Saiyan, he reached up to behind Goku’s neck and wrapping around it, then bending forward, he sought to throw the Saiyan to the ground.

Tasuda landed on the ground and grinned. “Come on Goku, show me what a Saiyan’s power really is about. Show me your full power.” Tasuda got back into his stance again and prepared. The Kais were staring in awe with King Kai getting more excited before realizing what Tasuda had said.

“What?!” King Kai looked to the West Kai for answers.

WC:330
TWC:1798
Tasuda
Tasuda
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 9/16/2012, 5:58 pm

Goku could feel the Kamehameha wave vibrating his arms. It descended towards its target, but passed clean through him. Ah, so you're proficient in the After Image too, he thought.

With all of his strength he lifted the wave up and directed it away from the ground. The last thing he needed to do was to generate a huge explosion and hurt a bunch of bystanders. The wave curled towards the pink sky-like abyss that made up Other World.

With his attention on preventing the harm of others, Goku had not been watching for Tasuda to launch a counter assault. A fist slammed into his chin, ratting his jaw and his entire head. Spittle flew out of his lips and he let the Kamehameha go. Before he was sent spinning into the heavens, Tasuda wrapped his other arm around his neck and hurled Goku towards the ground instead.

Fightning against gravity, or whatever Other World called it, Goku managed to turn himself around. His hair was whipping forward, into his face and he couldn't get a good view of where he was in relation to the floor. The middle of his back hit first, cracking the tile beneath him. Chips of the stone flew up all around him as he carved a massive gash across the platform.

He gave himself a moment to rest and revel in his astonishment. Tasuda had been wise to attack him at that time, and even more skilled to throw him while dazed from the punch. Sure, his power wasn't near Goku's own, but he was smart enough to know that power didn't mean everything.

“Amazing,” Goku said as he clamored to his feet. He paused to dust off the back of his pants. “I didn't even see that coming.”

Tasuda was already on the ground, standing before him. The green skinned fighter grinned. “Come on Goku, show me what a Saiyan’s power really is about. Show me your full power.”

“Saiyan?” Goku said and rubbed the back of his head. “I'm not sure what a Saiyan is. But, I think with that last move you've earned it enough to see my true strength.”

Spreading his legs apart, Goku balled both of his fists and began to draw out his spiritual energy. The air around him buzzed with electrical force. It surged forth in the form of a blazing white aura, that ripped and roared tight against his form.

“You all may want to stand back,” Goku said. Some of the warriors acknowledged, stepping back. However, others stood firm, as they didn't want to look so easily intimidated.

I warned you, Goku thought and mentally shrugged.

The ground began to shake and shudder. The shattered tiles floated up from the pressure of his energy and crumpled into dust as he pushed his power even further. Cracks spread out like spiderwebs across the entire arena. An immense wind began to emanate from him in all directions, as if he were the eye of a hurricane. Few could stay on their feet, threw up their arms to shield their faces as they slid back inch by inch.

West Kai and King Kai were bowled over by the force and sent flying towards the mansion. The Grand Kai, however, weathered the storm, not even budging as Goku's spiritual pressure bombarded him.

“I can take it a step even further,” Goku said. He was staring at Tasuda when he said it. Gold flickered through his white aura. He drew a deep breath.

“Don't-do-it-Goku!” West Kai shouted. He was hanging onto one of the pillars that supported the massive home.

“Kaio-Ken times ten!”

The white and gold flecked aura suddenly became a bright crimson, casting its eerie glow upon their surroundings. Goku's spiritual energy exploded. The ground tore up, rolling forward like the waves in a pond.

Goku gritted his teeth. His muscles expanded in size so quickly that that it tore the top and bottom of his gi. Veins bulged all over his face and arms. Beads of sweat began to form and roll down his skin. He let out a roar of agony from the devastating pain that the ability brought along with it. It was like he was being boiled from in the inside out.

As quickly as the power came, it was gone. Goku relaxed and as he did, his muscles shrunk back down to their normal size. He was out of breath. Wisps of smoke rose up all around him.

“So, what do you think?” the question was only directed towards Tasuda, as everyone else had been scattered on the ground or had taken cover.

Out of the corner of his eye, Goku noticed that only the Grand Kai's left foot had been forced backward. He nearly wanted to burst out laughing, but held in his amusement.

“You!” the North Kai shouted as he waddled over. “You're not from the Western Quadrant. I know you, you're from Earth. Kami, Earth's Guardian told me you would be coming. However, only,” he Kai pointed at Tasuda, “he showed up.”

“That's me,” Goku said. “I think I got a bit lost and wound up with the West Kai.”

North Kai turned to West Kai who was still getting up. He looked a bit dizzy. “You lecherous thief! Stealing my student. How dare you!”

“Enough,” the Grand Kai said. His voice was flat, but Goku could see a bit of a smirk at the corner his mouth. “These two kids are beyond both of your levels anyway, not training material for you, I'd say. I think I'll take them on as my students. What do you think boys?”

WC: 949
TWC: 4,457
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasuda 9/16/2012, 8:29 pm

Goku had struck the ground which created a massive fracture in the ground. When he got up, he responded to his request to show his full power. Rocks kicked up as his aura exploded around him. Shockwaves radiated out like tidal waves striking him and all of the audience. Tasuda fought against it, but each one became harder and harder to resist. Soon he was shifting his stance to withstand the onslaught.

A crimson aura erupted around the Saiyan intensifying the waves that continued to pound on him. Tasuda’s feet slipped. Bringing his back foot up, he struck the ground with his toes, creating a foothold that allowed him to withstand the waves. Pebbles and small rocks collided with him, but he simply ignored them.

Soon it was over. Tasuda didn’t need to sense his ki to know what he had done or how powerful that was. The Kaio-ken. How strong, he couldn’t even guess, but this was another technique he wanted to unlock within him and the Saiyan knew how to do it.

“So what do you think?” Goku asked as his aura vanished.

Tasuda stood looking around at the devastated ring that was just from Goku unleashing his power. He was about to speak when an outburst from King Kai interrupted him.

“You!” King Kai walked over towards Goku. “You’re not from the western quadrant! I know you, you’re from Earth! Kami, Earth’s Guardian told me you’d be coming. However only,” King Kai pointed at Tasuda, “he showed up!”

“Hey!” Tasuda was now becoming offended at King Kai’s mistrust.

“That’s me. I think I got a bit lost and wound up with the West Kai.”

“You lecherous theif! Stealing my student. How dare you!”

“Enough.” The Grand Kai stepped forward, the corner of his lips resisting a pull into a grin. “These two kids are beyond your levels anyway, not training material for you, I’d say. I think I’ll take them on as my students, what do you think boys?”

The honor of being Grand Kai’s student was beyond words. Very few ever got the chance. And to be place at the level of Goku was absolutely amazing. It may be harder to gain Kaio-ken without King Kai, but then again, Goku was able with the West Kai, or so he assumed.

“I would be honored. Goku, if you don’t mind if I have a word with you. There’s some things I need to discuss with you.” He walked up to his old friend, or new friend now. He placed a hand on the Saiyan’s shoulder. “I was planning on seeking you out when I returned to the living anyway. I am putting a group together of Paladins and I want you with me.”

He began walking, hoping Goku would follow. “I’m not from this universe. Some like King Yemma know who I really am, but it seems some of the Kais don’t. Where I come from, you and I are friends. We fought against the evil of the galaxy side by side along with your son Gohan. I’ve had a taste of what this universe has to offer and I already do not like it. Which is why I want to bring together an elite force of fighters that we had in my universe, called the Paladins. This is to simply bring balance back to the universe and stop evil from getting a foothold.”

From what he’d seen of this Goku here, he was very much the same as the one he knew and probably just as powerful. “I plan to build an army of protectors. Back in my universe, there was a race called the Avalanians who did that. Technologically superior, they had Paladins who patrolled the galaxy and protected places like Namek and Earth. It seems that protections doesn’t exist here, and it needs to, to keep the Saiyans and the Changelings in check.”

WC: 649
TWC:2447
Tasuda
Tasuda
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 9/17/2012, 3:13 pm

“I would be honored. Goku, if you don’t mind if I have a word with you. There’s some things I need to discuss with you,” Tasuda said, placing a hand on Goku's shoulder. He couldn't help but wince as the pain from his Kaio-Ken was still raging through his body. “I was planning on seeking you out when I returned to the living anyway. I am putting a group together of Paladins and I want you with me.”

Tasuda started walking away from the group, along the edge of the crater that Goku had formed during his power up. Brittle pieces of tile crunched beneath their feet. The air was always still in Other World, both stagnant and quiet.

“I’m not from this universe. Some like King Yemma know who I really am, but it seems some of the Kais don’t. Where I come from, you and I are friends. We fought against the evil of the galaxy side by side along with your son Gohan. I’ve had a taste of what this universe has to offer and I already do not like it. Which is why I want to bring together an elite force of fighters that we had in my universe, called the Paladins. This is to simply bring balance back to the universe and stop evil from getting a foothold.”

The concept wasn't foreign to Goku, not at all. Through Cell he had glimpsed into another time line, where Gohan was immensely powerful, strong enough to beat the android in his Perfect Form. If Tasuda was another traveler, from another universe, then he could accept that. Besides, the whole idea of a universal team of guardians appealed to Goku. His friends and him had been doing that for a long time, but for the Earth.

Tasuda continued. “I plan to build an army of protectors. Back in my universe, there was a race called the Avalanians who did that. Technologically superior, they had Paladins who patrolled the galaxy and protected places like Namek and Earth. It seems that protections doesn’t exist here, and it needs to, to keep the Saiyans and the Changelings in check.”

Goku stopped walking, his eyes glancing at the scarred ground below. “I would love to help you Tasuda. But, I don't know about a lot that you're mentioning. You called me a Saiyan, but you just said they were bad. I don't even know what one is. Also, you mentioned Chang-alangs? I don't know what those are either. I suppose I need a bit of an explanation.”

He offered a mildly embarrassed smirk. Master Roshi once told him that questions didn't make a man stupid. A stupid man never asked questions, just assumed. He didn't want to be stupid and pretend to know what Tasuda was talking about.

WC: 468
TWC: 4,926
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasuda 9/17/2012, 4:06 pm

Tasuda nodded with Goku's words. He must not have even left Earth. Especially if this was his first time to the afterlife, it would make sense why he didn't know his own ancestry and origin. Tasuda went in to explain things.

"As I'm sure you're aware just by being here, there's hundreds of thousands of species in this galaxy alone. Add in other universes and other galaxies, there's an infinite number of races out there. The Saiyans and the Changelings are just two of some of the worst out there. Don't get me wrong, even Humans and Namekians can do some of the most atrocious things imaginable. Back before I could control my power, I nearly destroy all of my people. It took a long time and the help of some friends to get that part of me under control. It seems in this universe though, my other half had won."

Tasuda looked up into the sky, memories flooding his mind of his past transgressions. It was all of a sudden he realized he was starting to get most of his memories back.

"The Saiyans are a race of beings who are very prideful and powerful. They seek violence to control their insatiable hunger for power. Some, like you are noble and will-full fighters. Like your father Bardock and your son Gohan. My closest friends were Saiyans. But not all Saiyans are like you. Most of your race were power hungry barbarians. They seek to destroy and enslave. But they are far less dangerous than the Changelings."

He shuddered at the thought of the Changeling he had most recently fought as well as King Cold who he had fought several times in the other universe.

"Changelings think themselves superior, much like the Saiyans. But the Changelings are also very much racist. They cleanse the galaxy of any other species and will go around and hire saiyans to annihilate planets, just to sell them. I was an Admiral of a fleet of Avalanian ships when we were at war with the Saiyans and the Changelings. Formidable foes. Dangerous and uncaring. Those are the two biggest threats of the Galaxy."

He let out a sigh and looked at Goku. "Those like me, Namekians, used to be much like the Saiyans, except my race used to destroy just for the hell of it. Thankfully, thanks to Guru, our people are peaceful, but the other races who seek dominance smell that and seek to enslave or destroy them. The same with the humans. Generally a race of non-fighters, Earth will always be in danger. The threat out weighs the good even in this universe, which is why I seek you help and will be recruiting others. A changeling is the one that sent me here, picking me at random. My own anger got in my way when I realized they were a threat here as well. A foolish mistake I know."

"I had been dead for fifty years before being brought to this universe. I don't know why, but I had finally found peace and it was taken from me. I've resigned the fact I will never be able to rest, and because of that, I'm going to continue to fight until I have earned the right. And i feel that can only happen after I have finally brought peace."

Tasuda was tired of the constant fighting, so from here on, he didn't want to do this alone. He couldn't. He would be no good. "If you are like the Goku I know, you have a good heart and a desire to see innocent people protected. I am tired of fighting alone and if I can't get the heroes together to do this, then I don't know what I will do."

WC:627
TWC:3074
Tasuda
Tasuda
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 9/17/2012, 7:43 pm

Goku listened to Tasuda’s story, both eye brows furrowing about how he had once been two people. He couldn’t help but wonder if it was similar to how King Piccolo and Kami were once two different beings.

"The Saiyans are a race of beings who are very prideful and powerful. They seek violence to control their insatiable hunger for power. Some, like you are noble and will-full fighters. Like your father Bardock and your son Gohan. My closest friends were Saiyans. But not all Saiyans are like you. Most of your race were power hungry barbarians. They seek to destroy and enslave. But they are far less dangerous than the Changelings."

Goku frowned. So, he wasn’t a human. The notion was strange to him, but somehow he had felt that way all along. Ever since he was a kid, he had been different. The tail was one of the biggest things that set him apart. Perhaps other Saiyans had tails? Only time would tell. Goku had a feeling that if he joined forces with Tasuda, that he might be meeting a lot of his own kind.

The concept of people wiping out entire planets to sell, that bothered him greatly. How could such fiendish beings exist? Life was a sacred thing. All life, it didn’t matter if it was a one celled organism all the way up to a giant dinosaur. They all deserved to exist. Planets held life; they couldn’t be treated like simple real estate.

The Changelings were the ringleaders of that evil. Goku couldn’t even fathom how powerful they would have to be to enslave so many people. If a group of powerful warriors could stand up to them, perhaps there was a chance of salvation.

“Tasuda, if I can ever return to the world of the living, I will help you face these monsters and bring them to justice. I was killed by a powerful android that threatens the Earth. So, you’ll understand that eliminating that threat is the first of my goals.”

“So, you boys wish to return to life?” it was the Grand Kai.

Goku turned. He hadn’t even sensed the old man approaching. There was a lit cigarette in his hand. He took a puff and exhaled a white cloud of smoke.

“There’s just so much for us to protect,” Goku said.

“Not many warriors, when they come here, are still concerned about the mortal realm. I have a feeling you two would rather return than train here, is that true?”

“Well, I’d love to learn your secrets,” Goku said. “But, to be honest Grand Kai, if you gave me a choice, I would return home so I could protect my people.”

“We Kais have a strict policy that we are not to interfere with the world of the living. We may only serve as guides,” Grand Kai said. “That does not mean we are unaware of threats to life. We like fair competition and these creatures you speak of, they do not fight fair. How such beings, even you two, got to be so powerful is beyond me. That’s usually the jurisdiction of the Supreme Kais, but they’ve seemed to have taken their own hands off approach.”

The Grand Kai paused to take another drag. He could see that Goku and Tasuda were deeply interested.

“I guess, what I’m trying to say is, I might be able to give you a second chance at life—a real chance to make a difference, if you can prove yourselves to me in your training.”

“Oh wow!” Goku said and clapped his hands together. “You’re letting us go back and stop those monsters, aren’t you?”

Grand Kai raised both of his hands. “Oh-ho. I never said that kid. Don’t be putting words in my mouth. I’m offering you a second chance. It’s not to be taken lightly, that’s for sure. Learn what you can and when you’re ready, come see me. What you do when you return is none of my business.”

For a long moment Goku was confused, and then it hit him. The Grand Kai wanted to help them, but by his station he couldn’t. However, he was cheating the system by allowing them to return to life and take it upon themselves to fight evil.

Thank you, he thought and smirked at Tasuda.

“Well,” Goku said and slapped his new Namekian friend on the back. “I suppose we have no time to waste, do we?”

WC: 732
TWC: 5,658
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Tasuda 9/17/2012, 8:30 pm

Tasuda grinned. One of many warriors were recruited for his army of good warriors. This would be a force that would answer to the call to help where it was needed. He would need to gather up some ships as his own teleportation was very limited. It drained him too much.

"Before I join you Goku, I must learn the Kaio-ken. I once knew it and even went above what everyone else could, but I have lost touch with my body and soul. It may be because of my transition, or the fifty years of peace I had gotten. But I wish to learn the Kaio-ken so I have a way to try and match those we must fight. It won't take me long, just a piece is missing. When I return, I shall help you take on that Android if you'd like some help. Hell, I've had my run ins with several androids myself. Not an easy foe."

He walked over to King Kai and bowed deeply. "Master North Kai, if you can, please teach me the Kaio-ken. As you can see, I am not the Tasuda of this universe. I am a different being and I will do anything so that I can return to life to help Goku."

King Kai blushed a bit. He was put on the spot. He didn't trust Tasuda, but the Grand Kai, West Kai, Goku and everyone else were around and staring at him, patiently awaiting his response with abated breath. This was a tactic Tasuda knew would work. But to add insult to injury... "If you so wish, I can train under West Kai."

West Kai grinned, "I would be-" then he was cut off.

"No! I will take you. You have proven yourself worthy to learn the Kaio-ken." He grumbled under his breath which made Tasuda grin.

Standing up, he walked over to Goku and embraced his hand. "Till we meet again friend." After that, Tasuda walked to King Kai, placed his hand on his shoulder and to everyone's gasping breath, was gone in the blink of an eye. The teleportation he never got to use against Goku, but one he was happy he didn't need to use.

When they arrived, King Kai walked away and stopped. "You said you knew how to use the Kaio-ken once before?"

Tasuda nodded. "Went beyond time twenty."

King Kai fought to keep himself composed. He turned, eyes watering with happiness below his glassed. He cleared his throat. "Then the only way to get it back is to force your body to remember it. You must visit the Frost Wyrms in the Frozen Depths."

Tasuda hadn't ever heard of it, but it didn't sound good. It was an area he knew nothing about. "Very well. How long?"

"Three days."

Three days was a long time, but he took a deep breath and nodded before taking off to where King Kai had pointed. He ducked beneath the clouds and headed off towards the Frozen Depths.

WC:500
TWC:3574
Tasuda
Tasuda
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content