Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writing Program

Go down

Writing Program Empty Writing Program

Post by Izon 4/5/2012, 5:04 pm

This is a start up, but one of the best programs I've used. PangurPad is a writing program setup specifically for novelists. It's like google in the sense, less is more. It's simple as hell to use. The program has an unlimited trial or $20/month, or $40 forever.

Advantages:
-When saving, it saves to PangurPad's servers as well as to an offline file on your computer.
---What does that mean? Your computer crashes, you have your book. Their servers go down, you have your book.
---You can work from any computer or if you have no internet, you can work offline on it.
---When you get back online and back to the site, it saves to the site.
-You can download the file to your computer and work on it.
-They have a simplified interface that allows you to close it if you don't want distractions, or open it up for non-intrusive controls.
-Within the interface are different sections aside just edit. There are notes sections split up into character, timeline, items, places and well notes. Makes it easy to organize everything.
-You can link notes into your main document. So you could link a character's name with their note so you have something to reference.
-There are links to wikipedia, wiktionary, and google so you don't have to open a new page. It does it for you.
-When you select a word, you can click any of the links and it will take you to a relevant search.
-It has a word counter and a counter for your goal.
-It has decent spell checker.
-There's a community and forums you can hang out in.
-you can publish your work with copyright and get people critiquing it.
-you can follow other writers.

There's so much you can do and yet it's easy to use. I started during last year's nanowrimo and have been using it ever since. I even got full plan.

Site: pangurpad.com

My writer name is kyotokitsune
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 56
Race: Demon

Back to top Go down