Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senzu Magic

Go down

Senzu Magic Empty Senzu Magic

Post by Muropa 4/11/2012, 4:10 pm

Senzu Magic

Medium Quest

Requirement: Must have completed Korin's Tower.

Reward: 1,200 zeni and a Senzu Bean.

As miraculous as the legendary Senzu Beans are, it takes a lot of time and energy for Korin to grow them. Recently one of the bushes that produce the beans has withered and died. Korin has asked you to go into the Forest of Ancients and fetch him some spring water packed with rare minerals to help revive the planet. Beware, it is said the spring is guarded by a wicked beast...
Muropa
Muropa
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Senzu Magic Empty Re: Senzu Magic

Post by Muropa 4/11/2012, 11:04 pm

“Y-your the legendary guardian!?” He exclaimed with a tone of utter confusion and a hint of disappointment. It wasn't his intention to be so rude and outright about it, but the shock was something he could not quell between his own two ears. All of the time he had spent searching and finally climbing to get here, he had this picture of what the guardian would, or rather, should look like. He could have lived if the guardian turned out to be less than a giant or perhaps some sort of other mystical being. But a cat? Hardly the closest thing to any of his most outlandish ideas of imagination.

“The guardian is..., a cat? How can a mere cat, protect the entire earth, let alone have anyway of making anyone stronger?”

The mere thought of this reality was perplexing enough, but trying to break it down in his head was nothing more than simply mind wrenching. This cat, or Korin, as he called himself was no taller than his knee cap and as pudgy a cat as he'd ever seen. Perhaps if Korin had some sort of defined body that assumed it could sustain more than a light jog, then maybe it would have been easy for him to begin grasping the concept. Alas, no such fortune on the matter shined his way, and thus he was left hanging awkwardly with the worlds silliest expression plastered to his face. If there was ever a time he could hope for an effective diversion, now would have certainly been the moment.

“Yes, I am the guardian, although the title of legendary might be a stretch. But that is neither here nor there. Didn't you hear me the first time? And why are you looking like that? Do you need to use the bathroom or something?” Korin replied as he leaned his head forward and squinted his eyes, attempting to decipher Arlan's momentarily awkward body language. However, no one but Korin himself would be able to tell he was squinting, as his eyes were already kept pretty much three and a half quarters shut.

“N-no, I'm fine.” He lied as he quickly started back to 'reality', snapping out of his state of shock and gathering back his own unique set of bearings.

“Well that's a relief because I wouldn't have been able to help you, this tower wasn't built with any bathrooms. Unless of course you count my litter box, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to use that.” Korin replied facetious, though with a tone of all seriousness, probably suggesting he was completely oblivious to the comedic essence of what seemed to be his own genuine personality.

“So. Whats your name kid?” Korin inquired as he shrugged his tiny shoulders and switched his 'T' shaped wooden staff into his opposite arm.

“My name is Arlan, uhh- umm, guardian sir.” He replied back with a nervous hesitance, bowing to Korin with a clear level of uncertainty. Though it had appeared he gathered himself earlier, he was still very much rattled on the inside, his nerves still in shock that such a fabled guardian was nothing more than a pudgy little cat.

“Arlan, that's a good name, I think? So, what brings you all the way up here? Oh! And don't call me guardian sir. It's Korin, just Korin.”

“Oh, sorry. I am here seeking the guardian, err, you. I heard that you had a way to make those who make it here to your tower stronger, and I want to find out what I need to do to get that increase in strength.”

“Of course you are, that's the only reason people come up here. That was more of a rhetorical question, but I am curious. How did you get Bola to let you climb up here?”

“Umm, Bola?”

“You mean to say you did not run into the giant native that guards the base of the tower? Gosh, it is so hard to find good help these days.” Korin replied as he tapped his foot hastily in a small rut of frustration.

“Oh yes, I did. I never caught his name though, but I was indeed approached by him.”

“I see, so he is still down there guarding the tower. Good. I was starting to get concerned there for a moment. At any rate, how did you say you got past him?”

“In a nutshell, I coincidentally displayed my 'purity of heart' by rescuing his daughter from falling out of a tree limb I happened to be standing under.”

“Ah, what luck. Had that not happened, I'm certain Bola would not have never let you pass. Your the first successful visitor I've had in years.” Korin replied as he raised his head up to the ceiling as a means to help him think back to the days when warriors came and visited the tower rather frequently. However his body language of thought happened to confuse the young warrior, and irrationally he began looking upward as well, wondering what exactly it was Korin was supposed to be looking at.

“Welp, I cant seem to remember who exactly my last visitor was. I guess that should give you an Idea of how long its been.” He added after dropping his head back down and shrugging his small shoulders once again.

“If you don't mind, I have to ask. Just what kind of powers do you have?” It was indeed a weird question to ask, but he just had to know by asking in the most polite way, what Korin could actually do. Maybe he was unfit physically for a reason? Perhaps he had special powers that made him, well, special, so he could protect and defend himself as well as the entire world.

“Powers? I have no such thing, not unless being a martial arts master gives you powers. Which last time I checked, pretty much doesn’t. Unless of course you know something I don't?”

“Your a martial arts master?”

“What, you don't believe me? Come at me if you want, I can show you if you like.”

------------------------
WC: 1,016

Muropa
Muropa
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Muropa 4/12/2012, 10:05 pm

A chill ran down his spine, a chill as cold as ice. The last thing he was expecting was a first hand demonstration out of the proclaimed guardian of earth. At best he was simply looking for a good answer, and from there, make his own decision about the validity of his claims. He felt his hands begin to quake lightly with nervousness as he peered at Korin who stood just as calm and as still as he had been since he had arrived. Heat began to invite itself underneath the confines of his collar as the fearful prospect of going toe to toe with the legendary guardian himself was starting to get the best of him.

“He's just a cat though, right? I mean, how tough can a little chubby cat be anyway?” He began to try and rationalize the situation a bit more in his mind. Korin wasn't by any means intimidating. The only thing the young warrior was afraid of was his title and almost mythical reputation. Which still, was something to be commended, but something deep within him prevented his mind to making itself up against declining. These were moments that he was supposed to live for as a martial arts warrior, getting the chance to go at the best to hone and better his own skills.

Using their mastery to become stronger and hence to eventually usurp a mastery of his own. In this brief moment of time he was convinced that instances such as this were not things to be afraid of, but rather, anxiously anticipated. No warrior is ever guaranteed to ever have grand learning experiences from those more adept than themselves. Some have to work at their craft their entire lives, alone, figuring out all the nuances on their own. Many martial artists would 'kill' at the chance for a real challenge, and he had one standing just a few feet in front of him. He would do his best not to disappoint.

“Well, if your sure that's ok.” He replied as he clinched his left fist while making a 'claw' with his right, slowly dropping down into his shoulder width apart stance, simultaneously bringing his arms out in front.

“This is crazy, but it's something I feel like I must do. Who knows, maybe I will manage to impress him somehow?” He thought positively as he narrowed his brow and zoned into a cloud of focus, he supposed it was now or never.

“Mhmm, it's quite alright, just nothing in the face. Ok?” Korin replied as he shrugged his small furry shoulders and switched the placement of his staff yet again to his other hand. The young warrior could not tell if Korin was trying to be facetious about not hitting him in the face. If he was a true martial arts matter, any move he would attempt would make no difference. Alas, he would oblige the spoken rule of condition, and with a nod of his head to convey his agreement, he dashed forward towards Korin at his top speed.

The entire time during his transit, never once did he see Korin attempt in anyway shape or form to ready himself. The pudgy white anthropomorphic cat simply stood as still and as unconcerned as he did when they were having conversation. It was natural for a flash of curiosity as to what this could be about to cross his mind, but his focus allowed such a natural occurrence to come and go. All he needed to do was focus on his attack. Upon reaching melee range of Korin, the dark haired adolescent had abruptly stopped, planted, and thrust his left fist forward in a downward motion, looking to strike the guardian in his feline pectorals.

He kept his dark eyes peeled for any sudden movements, looking to counter and or react to any likeness of combative motion as surely, being the so called martial arts master that he is, Korin would have certainly had something up his sleeve to deal with his attack. The golden moments casually passed for the feline guardian to defend himself, and just like that, he felt the soft white fur of Korins chest slap up against his knuckles.

Although unexpected, he was glad that he somehow managed to land a punch, but before he could celebrate in his own mind, he quickly noticed something was a miss. Indeed, the usual song and dance to a successfully landed punch was off tune, or rather, non existent this time around. In response to his strike, Korin did not even flinch, nor did the strength behind his fist manage to even move his small portly little frame.

“Hmmm...” Moments after impact Korin finally gave a reaction, a delayed on at that, but not the kind the dark short haired warrior was hoping for. No, instead he slowly dropped his fuzzy little chin downward, drawing his eyes to the boys fist that was still very much planted into his furry chest.

“I see...” Korin mumbled under his breath, tilting his head slowly from side to side as if perhaps checking to make sure there really was a fist backed up against his chest, or if simply it was a figment of his imagination. Meanwhile, the young fighter stood frozen, holding the pose of his strike as his mouth hung ajar and his face wrenched with the expression of fearful confusion.

“How is it that my punch didn't even phase him!? Is this Korin guy for real!?” He exclaimed in thought in a tone of utter astonishment and disbelief. Never in the history of his martial arts career had he ever failed to see any physical result from his own punch. Even his grandfather Master Tomoi proved to have burden with the strength of his strikes, maybe Korin was as his reputation preceded him?

“Well, in my expert opinion, I'd say on a scale of one to ten that your speed and your strength would fall somewhere around zero point one, perhaps maybe zero point two on a good day. Though I will say your technique was pretty good, I'd gather you've had instruction from a pretty good master.”

------------------------
WC: 1,037
Total WC: 2,053
Muropa
Muropa
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Muropa 4/13/2012, 3:31 am

“W-what...!?” As if it wasn't bad enough having one of his most solid punches be rendered ineffective by the guardian cats sheer bodily endurance alone, he had to further sap the young warriors pride and moral with a rating. Even falling below the given scale of one to ten at a less than degrading zero point decimal number. Closing his eyes, he slowly turned his head away in shame while retracting his good for nothing fist from the furry chest of the feline guardian.

“I-I'm sorry, this, is embarrassing.” He replied with a tone of sheer disappointment and borderline depression. All those years of training and study of the martial arts, and for a moment there, he really thought he had achieved something. But according to this display, in the grand scheme of things, he hadn't even begun to scratch the surface.

“No need to apologize or be embarrassed, you are here to get stronger right?”Korin replied as he took a few steps closer to the young warrior, now so close to him that tilting his head back was a must to meet him in the eyes.

“Yes. Yes, I am.” He replied promptly with an air of confidence. His purpose for being here about the only he could find confidence in now.

“Then that's all that matters. Follow me, I have a task for you.” Korin said as he turned about face and began to walk straight, on course with a large plot of bushes in the coming distance. Upon arriving he stopped and pointed towards the bush at the center of the bunch before speaking once again.

“Do you see that bush there?”

“Uh, yeah, its all dried and withered. Why what about it? He answered then inquired as he raised a brow in curiosity, wondering what one dead bush in the midst of many healthy ones had to do with anything.

“Indeed. That bush happens to be very special, just like all of the other ones around it. You see, these bushes produces special beans called senzu beans. These beans have immense rejuvenating properties and are very valuable, especially to warriors like yourself where you might find your body pretty banged up in a fight.” Korin explained before finally letting his arm back down, retracting his pointing finger and resting it back at his side.

“Oh, I see. They do sound very special.”

“Mhmm, you can bet your bottom dollar they are. So here is where I need you to come in. I need you to go to the Forest of Ancients down below the tower and bring me the water that flows up from the spring that's there. It's waters can resurrect this fallen bush. But you must be wary, as there is a wicked beast that guards the spring. So if I give you this small empty gourd, can I count on you to bring it back with the ancient spring water?” Korin inquired as he reached his arm within the confines of an adjacent bush, pulling out and handing the adolescent black haired warrior a miniature brown gourd with a hanging red tassel just below tit's cork.

“You can count on it.” He replied in a tone of refreshed vigor. It seemed now was his chance to perhaps redeem himself for his poor showing earlier on. Not for Korin's sake, but for his own. If he could prove to himself he could at least handle one task from the legendary guardian, the he might just be able to climb himself up and out of this rare funk.

“Good. Just come back in one piece.” Korin replied as he finished handing the young fighter the miniature gourd. After the brief exchange he gave Korin a positive nod before dashing to the edge of the tower and diving off into flight toward the darkened forest area below.

“The Forest of Ancients, interesting.” The sound of this mystical place intrigued him just as much as the back story behind the withered bush he had been tasked to save. Given that now he had the freedom to fly as oppose to climbing, his journey from Korin's Tower down below into the Ancient Forest took only a matter of seconds. A feint plopping sound was made by the bottom of his dark blue martial combat boots as he landed from the skies with a rather sloppy thud.

The forested area in this region was much darker than the forest elsewhere around the tower. This was largely due to the taller trees and wider canopies that blotted out more of the sunlight to the surface. One could also say that this darker shade also added some spookiness to the name of the area as the Ancient Forest. Proceeding casually he began to walk forward at a moderate pace, keeping his eyes peeled and ears attuned, not only for his own survival but to help find and locate this spring of water he had been sent to take from.

He hadn't been ten minuets into his trek before he noticed the soil beneath the soles of his boots begin to get damp, implying that the soil beneath him was wet, and considering there was no fresh rain, he could only assume he was close. After pacing about a hundred yards or so further he soon came up on the spring that welled up in the middle of a rather large clearing of the forest, but before he could get any further, a large and sinister growl filled his ears as the earth beneath him began to shake. And then, blasting out of the foliage, was a giant overgrown red boar with a matted and stringy mohawk, adorning the largest tusks he had ever seen.

The foul beast charged him with barbaric ferocity, drooling heavily from its large gaping mouth. He could tell by the sheer size of it that entertaining it in direct combat was a bad idea. And then it hit him, he had a plan.

“Huahh! Sokidan!” He exclaimed as he placed his left hand forward, gripping that arms wrist with his right hand. In that same instance, a bright yellow ball of energy formed above his underhand palm, roughly the size of a volleyball. And with a few simple strokes of his left middle and index fingers together, he commanded the sphere of energy and sent it forth towards the frenzied giant boar. The giant beast let out a painful groan as the ball smacked him between the eyes, and then again on the top of the head, and then again finally against its large snout and exploding this time upon impact.

The persistent attack manged to halt the beast in its tracks, lightly battering and at best disorienting it for a few moments. And in those few moments, the young warrior sprung into action removing the cork from the small gourd and filling it to the brim with water from the adjacent spring. After sealing it shut with the aforementioned cork, the young warrior took to the sky in a hurry, watching from above as the boar quickly regained its bearings and began swiveling its body around, looking for its scrawny prey that had already managed to escape. In a matter of minuets he had managed to swoop through the air, and back up to Korins Tower with an excited urgency.

“Korin! I'm back with the spring water. I had a close call but I managed to fill the gourd up all the way.”

“Indeed, that was pretty quick. Good work. Now let's see if we can bring this bush back to life.”

[Quest Complete]
------------------------
WC: 1,266
Total WC: 3,319
Muropa
Muropa
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content