Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part 6: Hostile Takeover

2 posters

Go down

Part 6: Hostile Takeover Empty Part 6: Hostile Takeover

Post by Izon 2/16/2012, 8:27 pm

The dirt on the platform blew in every direction as the power of the jets lowered the massive ship down onto it. With a clunk, the feet of the ship rested on the tarmac. The roar of the engines cut and the door opened. There were only a few fish people on the flight which was nice as Izon loved his space.

Muscles and Cira were the first to depart the shuttle, carrying a couple of bags. At the bottom, they waited for their employer like a couple of secret service agents. Izon appeared dressed in his suit and top hat.

Descending the stairs, he looked around at the massive improvement of the home he once knew. It had changed. Chariots without horses floating along, people wearing fewer clothing than the beggars back in his day, though on the women, it was rather appealing.

They walked down the walk way to the main terminal. Izon was absolutely amazed at the massive amount of people that were coming and going of various races. The world had changed and he was a couple hundred years behind. How would he reach the mind of those when he wasn’t sure what they liked, or what was “hip”.

Before trade was important. On Kanassa, trade to Hica was important for Hica which meant he was able to easily exploit it. Here on Earth, everyone seems to be flying, so trade was a no go which is something he new best. Humans were greedy, so they had mastered it rather quickly.

“Muscles, Cira. I want you two to split up and tour around. I want you to notice patterns in the various cities. What’s popular, what are the clothing styles, and what are the big businesses here.”

Cira shrugged. “Capsule Corp is the biggest company in the Galaxy with only Planet Trade Organization competing with them.”

Izon nodded. “Capsule Corp. Are they here?”

Cira nodded. “Capsule Corp is here, and the PTO is on Frieza #79. Both basically cover everything except the necessities.”

“Alright. Still go around, find out what’s popular. What’s the fashion. I need to know everything. I’ll start worrying about Capsule Corp and the Planet Trade Organization.”

Cira and Muscles ran off to start their tour of information. Izon looked around. It wasn’t going to be easy finding his old home if it still exists, but five hundred years, it was doubtful. But maybe his money is still intact. Then again, that only depends on if the bank was around.

He walked into the terminal and was immediately awe struck at the level of movement and automation around. No one screaming out for next train or anything. People went directly to where they needed to go via monitors above. It felt like people knew exactly what they wanted and didn’t take the time to do anything else.

He found a rather large Kiosk where there were a few people around and the sign said Help Center. That would help. He walked over and was met with a lovely lady.

“Good morning sir, what can I do for you?”

Izon tipped his hat and bowed. “Good morning to you Milady. I am looking for transit to West City. Where would I go for that.”

“Do you have a ticket?”

“Not as of yet. I just arrived from Kanassa.”

The lady pointed at a small machine that stood next to several similar ones. “Then you can go purchase your ticket there and go to Terminal 3A. The next one leaves in about thirty minutes.”

“Thank you.” Izon bowed again and left. He arrived at the Kiosk but froze. This machine was a monster. Though soon, he figured it out. He slid the card in for his account on Kanassa. Then it asked for destination which he pressed the screen for west city.

The screen displayed several more options, none of which were familiar. But being as large as the city was compared to what he remembered, he pressed for the destination closest to the center. He’d find out from there. If anything, and antique store should know. Or maybe a museum. He grabbed his ticket and followed the signs to the terminal that would take him home. After that he would find out more information on Capsule Corp. He always loved starting big.

WC: 718
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 56
Race: Demon

Back to top Go down

Part 6: Hostile Takeover Empty Re: Part 6: Hostile Takeover

Post by Goku 2/24/2012, 11:07 pm

West City—the last place in the world that Trunks wanted to be. Also, it was the single place he had been avoiding sine his arrival on Earth. The reason being, it was where he had grown up, it was his home. In his future, West City had been reduced to nothing but a lava filled crater in the battle against the Vora. But, being in the past, it was still very much bustling and alive.

Trunks floated above the metropolis, his arms folded and mind racing. Clenched in his right hand, he held a small flash-drive. Stored upon it was valuable, future-changing, information. It was science that could save a billion lives, if utilized correctly. With it the Capsule Corp. could raise an army to defend the Earth in its hour of twilight. The only thing holding Trunks back from giving them this tool was his fear.

How could he see his family, how could he interject into their lives, being from the future? Their entire notion of the universe would be turned upside down. He doubted any good would come of it. Yet, he still needed to get this data to his mother, Bulma. After tucking the flash-drive into his coat pocket, he floated down, he landing in a desolate alleyway behind a big green dumpster, as to not scare anyone. Most people were unaware of super-warriors still, and the last thing he needed was news crews following him around, blowing his cover even further.

Walking out of the alley, he joined the crowd as they moved down the side-walk. The Capsule Corporation headquarters, like most buildings in West City, was a massive dome shaped structure. The building was painted a bright yellow, which stood out compared to the dull grays of the surrounding structures. Seeing the place instantly brought out a flood of emotions from Trunks, mostly a deep nostalgia. Butterflies filled his stomach and he had stop for a moment, to gather himself.

As he turned to continue on his way, a bicycle messenger, going full speed, crashed into him. The front tire bent in half, vertically and the rider slid across the pavement face first. Packages scattered in all directions.

Trunks felt horrible as he watched the man stumbling to his feet, groaning in pain. Rushing over, he tried to offer help, but the man slammed both of his hands into his chest, trying if to push him away. Of course, the Half-Saiyan didn't budge, which irritated the embarrassed rider even more.

“What the hell is wrong with you bub?” he said, red in the face. “Watch where yer going!”

“I'm sorry,” Trunks said.

The moving crowd of pedestrians simply walked around the scene. A few good citizens picked up the packages and set them next to the bike for him. Trunks tried to grab one, but the rider tore it way from his hands.

“Just scram, kid.”

The rider secured his packages to the bike again and rode off, cursing the whole way. Trunks saw that he had lost his baseball cap, which bore insignia of the West City major league baseball team, but decided not to bother chasing him down. Not after his bad attitude.

Well, the people of West City are still as feisty as I remembered, Trunks thought.

He started to toss the hat back down, when an idea dawned on him. There was no reason why he couldn't go into the Capsule Corporation with disguise. By concealing his identity, he could interact with them and not cause a big fuss and messing everything up.

It was going to be hard to arrange a meeting with his grandfather and mother, especially wearing disguise. Never the less, he had an idea how to lure them out. With his new found confidence, he slipped the baseball cap on and headed to intersection, crossing the street when the pedestrian light changed from red to white.

---

WC: 654

Last edited by Trunks on 2/28/2012, 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 2/28/2012, 2:29 am

Ian sat on the shuttle, watching the buildings zoom by as he left the space port. Soon the buildings vanished behind him and they were in open land. Dinosaurs roamed the wilds below and he watched them with little interest. He had other things on his mind. Capsule Corporation. He thought about how he was going to get the company.

Soon, they were entering another city. Capitol City. Which was just north of West City. This place had grown quite a bit since he was last there some five hundred years or so ago. Capitol City was a small city. Only filled with the politicians, now it flourished with enterprise. Cars flew around on their every day tasks. People walked around, shopping, eating, and living live in luxury.

And soon, it was gone, back into the barren lands beyond. He always wondered why more cities didn't pop up. Maybe one day he'd build his own city. But that day was far out. Thankfully he couldn't die.

Birds flew near the shuttle, heading to where they decided to go, free from all the shackles of life. He envied them at times, but then thought about the bugs they ate and cringed. He'd been there and was going to make sure he'd never return to that point.

Sitting back, he closed his eyes. And a moment later a soft voice came over the intercom. "West City Shuttle Station approaching. Please remain seated until the shuttle has come to a complete stop."

He looked out as saw the towering sky scrapers and what was obviously Capsule Corp. A massive domed complex that was a quarter the size of the rest of the city itself. He didn't understand it until he saw it. He was in utter awe at the massive size of it.

He watched it until it vanished behind several buildings. Then he just laid back, absorbing the enormous task ahead of him. It would be much harder than he had ever imagined. A mere forty thousand would only make them cry out in laughter. He'd have to come up with much more. And if his memory served, he only had maybe two hundred thousand zeni on hand. Still, not even close to being enough. And even then, he'd have to hope the funds were still there and not some lucky schmuck finding it.

He may have to resort to criminal activity which he could easily do. He'd just rather fly below the radar. This would take more planning than he had thought and he certainly hoped they didn't have powerful guards. Or he would be completely screwed.

The shuttled landed and soon he was up, grabbing his luggage and heading out into the bright sun of West City. He felt tiny in such a place. Buildings hundreds of feet tall towered over him, making him feel like an ant that was going to get crushed. It would be much different than he had planned.

"Shit."

WC:504
TWC:1222
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 2/28/2012, 7:46 pm

I can't believe that I'm about to do this, Trunks thought to himself.

The lavender haired Half-Saiyan took a deep breath, trying to calm his anxiety. He stood before the entrance to Capsule Corp., the massive yellow dome filling his line of sight. Turning, he took a moment to examine his surroundings, soaking in the familiarity. Adjacent to the paved pathway was a yard of lush green grass, Sprinklers, shooting intermittent streams of water, kept the yard well hydrated and healthy. Beyond the yard, a line of oak trees cast lazy shadows from the midday sun.

He remembered lying beneath those trees, reading books during hazy summers days. Or darting around the yard, playing with his friends. Those were the simple times for Trunks, the best times. He had lived the life of luxury and had felt nothing but unconditional love from his family and friends.

Glancing down, he could see that his hands were trembling.

Why is this so hard for me? I can face the enemy, fight warriors who can destroy entire world. Yet, when it comes to confronting my family I suddenly become a coward.

He pulled the baseball cap tight against his scalp, the brim shadowing his eyes and most of his face. It was better that his mug wasn't caught on the security cameras. After what he was about to do, he was sure his mother would do research about him to try and find how how he knew so much about the inner workings of Capsule Corporation. One of the first places she would check was the security footage. His appearance would sure raise alarming questions after that.

As he walked up, the automated doors [i]whooshed[i] open and he was greeted by blast of cool air. The lobby was just like he remembered too. A polished black marble floor, with seats, benches and chairs for visitors. There were two staircases, one to the left and one to the right, each with armed guards. A large banner, “Welcome to Capsule Corporation,” was draped from the ceiling, inviting all visitors.

The walls themselves were lined with LCD screens, each displaying the company's latest advertisements and products. Trunks witnessed an ad of tough-guy in a leather jacket tossing a Dyno-Cap. Upon hitting the ground, the cap popped, forming a cloud of white smoke. Once the smoke cleared, it revealed a shiny new motorcycle. The man sat on the motorcycle and slipped on some goggles before speeding away down a lonely desert highway.

“Is there something I can help you with sir?” the receptionist said.

Trunks realized that he had reached the end of the lobby and was now standing in front of a circular mahogany desk. The receptionist, a woman with curly brown hair and a headset, was typing away at a computer, all the while glancing up to him with a beaming smile. He recognized her from his past, but couldn't recall her name. But, saw the name tag on her chest that read: BECKY.

“Yes, my name is Dave Stoltz. I would like to speak with Bulma Briefs, if at all possible,” Trunks said.

“Miss Briefs is a very busy woman, you'll need to book an appointment. May I ask your purpose, are you with the media or another business?”

“No, I have a very important piece of data I need to give her, regarding Project Lazarus.”

Becky blinked at him a few times, confusion evident on her face. “Give me one minute, if you don't mind waiting over there,” she said pointing at one of the lounge chairs. “I'll see if we can set something up with Miss Briefs or one of her representatives.”

Trunks sat down in the comfy chair, hunching forward, resting his chin on his palms. The butterflies in his stomach were beginning to settle a bit. Sure, he was scared about meeting his mom, but he couldn't help feeling a strange sort of ease washing over him. Perhaps it was the environment. He was home after all.

After about fifteen minutes, Becky stood up from her desk and walked over. The heels of her shoes clacked on the marble with each step.

“Mr. Stolz, Bulma will be right down to see you.”

Trunks peeked up from the brim of the hat with a wide grin. “Excellent.”

---

WC: 714
TWC: 1,368
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 2/29/2012, 4:10 pm

Izon walked down the busy streets of West City, taking in the sights. It was massive. It was one thing looking at it from the air, it was another being on the ground among the millions that walked around the city. The old section was fairly easy to find as the city seemed to enjoy their history which was good for him. Though his home had long since been obliterated.

He recognized the old brick church which was a historical landmark to them, when in reality, there were only a dozen people that even went. It made sense that wooden structures would be taken down.

Where he calculated his home to be was the site of a skyscraper. He could only swear to himself as to do something like they had done here, it would take them digging. They would've found the money. He was broke. He was done.

He wandered about, looking in shops, thinking about his next step. Stopping, he looked through the windows of a small museum. He grinned. Walking in, he toured the place, and eventually came up to what he was looking for. Certs with his name on them. They were government certs. Something he put a thousand zeni into when the government decided to expand civilization. Create ships for trade with other countries. They would be absolutely useless to anyone else except for him.

"Ah, I see you found something."

Izon turned and nodded. "I'm a bit of a historian. These aren't very common. Where did you find them?"

"A couple construction workers sold them to me when they put up the West City bank Skyscraper. They found a whole stash of nice stuff from an Ian Lancaster. Not much was on him except a few newspaper articles."

"Ian Lancaster was a businessman. One that grew up from the streets."

"Yes, though they also say he was ruthless. He was suspect of many crimes."

Izon shrugged. "Can't believe everything you see in the paper."

"So, what got you interested in him?"

"I'm a descendant. Named after him. I am Ian Lancaster."

The curator immediately began apologizing. "I am very sorry. I didn't mean to bad mouth a family member."

Izon waived his hand. "It is alright. He had been a bit sketchy. But his life was interesting. How much do you want for these?"

The curator thought a moment. "Two thousand for the set? Not like you can get anything for them. That bank had long since gone under."

"They are simply for a momento." Except he knew how to go about cashing them in. It was something every businessman worth his coin had to know. "I would be willing to pay two thousand."

"Very well." The curator grabbed the items that were framed and went into the back. He set them down and grabbed an orb. "Things are going as planned." There was no response, but he knew the message made it to whom ever was on the other side. His master.

The Curator came back out a few minutes later with a small box. Izon looked and nodded, handing over his bank card to be run. In moments, he was out the door and on his way to get them cashed.

WC:545
TWC:1767
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/1/2012, 4:28 pm

The elevator came to a stop with a loud ding, the double doors pulling open, flooding the small compartment with bright light. Trunks stepped out into a long hallway. Rays of sunlight reflected off of the polished marble floors and white walls, boosting the illumination. Becky led him to the conference room, although he was more than aware of its location. Her heels clicked on the floor the whole way.

She came to a stop in front of a metal door and pressed a button on a small console beside it. The automated door slid open, revealing a cozy room with red walls and a soft beige carpet. A long black oak desk sat the center, with twelve leather office chairs surrounding it. At the head of the table was a young woman wearing a shiny silver blouse. She had curly blue up-doo and had a concerned expression painted upon her face.

Mother, Trunks thought and smiled beneath the shadow of the hat. She looks startled and a bit agitated. I should make this quick.

Bulma Briefs rose as her unknown guest entered. The door slid closed behind him. There was silence for a brief moment, and they could only hear the clicking of Becky's heels fading as she walked back to the elevator.

“Mister Stolz,” Bulma said. “Please sit.”

Trunks waved her off. “No, that's quite fine, I prefer to stand.”

Her eyes narrowed and she stood up. “How in the world do you know about Project Lazarus?”

Trunks reached into his jacket pocket and produced a small black flash-drive. He tossed it to her. She caught it out of the air, examining it for a moment. Lying on the desk in front of her was a tablet computer. She slid the flash-drive in the port on the side.

“That data will put you about three or four years ahead of where you are now. With it, you should be able to get Project Lazarus into the final phases within a few months.”

With wide eyes, Bulma quickly sorted through the data. Upon finding the newer data, the stuff she hadn't thought of yet, she collapsed into her chair.

“These blueprints, these are my doing, how in the world did you get a hold of them?” Bulma said.

“Miss Briefs,” Trunks said. It felt weird speaking to his mother in such a manner. “The how and why should not be a concern for you. You have the information now to create an army of androids that can protect the Earth from the threats this very dangerous universe holds. But, if you insist on knowing how, that flash-drive contains all the necessary information for you to decipher it. I will not tell you. I've already done too much.”

A cool breeze cut across the room and Trunks was happy to see the window behind his mother open. It would make what he had to do next easier.

“There is a picture of me and my son in here. What are you some sort of creepy stalker?” Bulma said and when she looked up from the tablet, Trunks had vanished,

---

WC: 514
TWC: 1,882
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 3/2/2012, 3:47 pm

The shuttle had taken him to his new home where information about Capsule Corp waited. Cira and Muscles had gone out recruiting. Getting more men meant more money. He had to get this deal over with asap. He had made contact with a group who was going to come by later in regards to the Certs. Soon he would have money.

In the mean time, he poured over a couple of tablets that Cira had gotten for him. Bulma Briefs was one of the CEOs of the company along with her father Doctor Briefs who was the lead scientist. Both would be excellent targets. It seemed he probably needed to make the deal with Bulma. It seemed as though she was in the position to turn the company over.

The other tablet was much more interesting though. "Project Lazarus". It had seemed like Muscles and Cira had some fun getting this information out of a scientist. He stood up and walked towards the basement where a guest waited. As he walked, his form changed from that of his human form to that of his demon form. His wings stretched out and crackled with the sudden ability to move.

He entered the basement. "So, Lazarus Project huh? What can you tell me about it?"

The scientist was tied to a chair and beaten pretty badly, but alive and conscious. "You have all the information there."

Izon came into the light and the man froze with terror. "Now now Doctor Thomas. Don't go lying to me. I need more information on this. We can go about this two different ways. I could torture you and show you what hell is really about. Or I could pay you for your services and hell, give you a job working for me and get paid rather well, as well as keep your life."

The doctor shook with fear. Obviously not a man of courage. Academia will do that to a person. Izon sighed. "I can offer you four hundred thousand zeni a year salary. Along with your life as well as your family's life. Though I need your answer. If you decline, then your family is dead and I'll torture you until you surrender the information. So as you can see I'll get the information one way or the other. I'd rather torture you as that means more money for me, but I think you'd rather take the money."

The doctor nodded. "I'll... take the money."

Izon nodded. "Good choice. Now, let me introduce myself. I am Izon and I seek to take control of Capsule Corporation. And I need you so I can do that."

"What do you need to know?"

Izon grinned as he leaned forward. "Everything."

WC:461
TWC:2228
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/3/2012, 6:55 pm

Trunks stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist. Facing the mirror, which was steamed over, he used his hand to wipe most of it away. He gazed upon his face, which looked a lot more tired than he felt. Perhaps he was just used to the restlessness at this point. Sleep eluded him quite often, dreams of the horrors and pain of his past haunted him.

Visiting the Capsule Corporation the day before had been an awakening to him. He longed for that sense of belonging once again, that sense of rest. With the Earth destroyed in his time, he had nothing to return to. There was just desolation.

Perhaps when all is said and done, when the Vora are defeated, I can stay in this time, Trunks thought.

Glancing down to a small basket sitting atop the toilet, he spotted the Chronarium, a bronze disc with multicolored gems and ancient runes. He picked it up, the weight of its magic evident, causing his entire arm to quiver. Chronarium's weight seemed to have no effect on its surroundings, just on the ability for him to manipulate it.

The relic had been passed down to him by the Grand Elder Guru, during his time on Namek. Unfortunately the Grand Elder knew little about the relic himself, only able to tell Trunks that it could only be wielded by those touched by the sands of time. Sometimes the Chronarium came to life and upon him touching it he was transported to the place of the anomaly it wished him to alleviate. That was it. Even then, it hadn't been consistent. Sliding the relic on, he felt its cold presence against his chest, the pressure returning in full force. He could feel its pressure against his chest day and night as he wore it. It was as if the weight represented the burden of the position of Guardian of Time.

Frustration began welling inside of him. Trunks didn't know what to do, not anymore. Upon coming back to the past his mission had been so clear, but already that simple act had changed everything. Was he just supposed to integrate himself into this world, now that he was the Guardian of Time?

He missed Sayuri most of all. When she was around, everything seemed to align. With her he felt like he had a purpose, like his mission was clear again. She had important training to do, in understanding her newly found Keeper powers. It was training he couldn't participate in. Sure, it cleared him up to do a few things he had been putting off, but the loneliness was eating away at him.

Stepping out into the hotel room, he began to dress himself and turned on the TV, using the remote to switch it from some police drama over to the local news.

“Today one of the lead scientists of Capsule Corporation, Doctor Gregory Thomas, was reported missing. The WCPD is currently undergoing an investigation, and the Capsule Corp. refused to do an interview or press conference until more information is released from the police.”

Pulling his jacket on, he opened up the sliding glass door and stepped out onto the balcony. It was evening time, the sun just starting to fall on the horizon, bathing the sky in a scarlet glow. The orchestra of the city filled his ear drums; beeping horns, echo icing voices, the revving of engines, the dull rumble of the subway—it was a general sound of motion.

Doctor Thomas—he was one of the lead scientists on Project Lazarus. The day after I deliver important data regarding the project, he vanishes. Great, what the hell have I done this time?

---

WC: 615
TWC: 2,497
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 3/4/2012, 4:47 pm

Doctor Thomas has unveiled much. An army of robots designed to protect the Earth. Each one was made up of a very rare mineral called Irosium. A metal allow that can absorb kinetic energy and even manifested energy and distribute it out and use it to power itself and increase its strength. It was a very fascinating alloy, one that Izon had to get his hands on. It would sell big and it was definitely something to bring to the table when he went to partner with the Planet Trade Organization.

The design of the robots were going to be humanoid, which though was fairly inefficient, it allowed them to use various tools, so all around, the benefits greatly offset the inefficient nature of the human body.

They were apparently already working on drones built for speed and maneuverability as well that could do quick strikes. All around, they were looking at flat out replacing the human army on Earth. This would put Earth ahead in power above all the other planets which relied on the power of their warriors.

The circuitry wasn't using the galaxy's current technology either. Earth had been experimenting with Quantum computers the last couple of years and had adapted it in their brains so they would have near psychic powers. It processed so fast, that it captured what the opponent was going to do the moment they moved and will already have calculated the most efficient attack from that movement and taken action. So they calculated things at one billion times the speed the current computers calculated at.

They also had a wireless connection to the main headquarters at Capsule Corp which consistently relayed any and all information privately. Thomas explained that with normal wireless, one could simply watch the traffic and figure out what was being sent from and to with very little effort which was why wireless connectivity was so difficult. Same with satilite connection. The traffic literally floats in the air waiting to be grabbed.

With current technology, stateful packet inspection helps stop traffic snooping as well as secure socket layer certs. With quantum transference, the packets called qubits are at two places at the same time. Meaning there is a wireless connection but they move so quickly, literally teleport at light speeds, that to someone watching the traffic, they see nothing. So traffic snooping becomes useless.

So with traffic snooping useless, one would have to hack in to get information. Thomas explained more on why this was useless as well. Once a qubit delivers its information, it can't duplicate it. meaning it goes from one place to the other so fast and vanishes. One can not keep track of the information. Computers and servers can't cache the information. Go to a public site and everything is completely anonymous. It's impossible to trace. This makes the androids impossible to hack as you'd have to have a quantum computer to do it, but you wouldn't know its current commands or passwords.

One with a quantum computer could try and send its own commands, but on top of the qubits, each android and the main computers has over a thousand layers of security. All the layers requiring ninety-six bit hexi-decimal passkeys. And the deeper you go, the more is required. It was the most secure system in existence. Or at least is known. This makes the androids efficient and impossible to exploit, unless you had access like he had.

To Izon, this was very well above his head, but he understood that it simply meant money and lots of it. He could have his own personal army. Screw Earth. And sell lesser models to the galaxy at higher prices where there could be something in their optical hard drives that he could initiate and simply turn the androids against their masters if need be. And he knew Thomas could do it.

First thing was first though, he had to get the doctor back into the office. And aside from that, they may change a few things and release him if they suspected he was kidnapped. They plotted, and soon put that into action. They went to a nearby remote location and rolled his car down a kill and watched it roll and become a mangled mess.

He then had Cira take him to the hospital after a couple of broken bones including a leg and an arm which the doctor wasn't happy about, but no one would ask questions. Once in the emergency room, Cira told officials he was driving by and saw a wrecked car with with the doctor halfway up the hill. They planted evidence and had the doctor drag himself up the hill part way.

The Doctor once he was able to answer questions explained that he was taking a drive which was what he usually did to clear his mind and swerved to avoid hitting a dinosaur (which foot prints were planted and it was well known that that road was dangerous when it came to the dinosaurs) and rolled his car.

All in all, Izon was pleased with the plant, and now all he had to do was lure Doctor Briefs to his home so he and Bulma could talk business. But they had to wait for the good Doctor to leave the hospital and return back to work so they could plant a protocol in the systems to destroy everything, setting them back a decade.

WC:917
TWC:3145
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/5/2012, 5:52 pm

Bulma couldn't believe her eyes at what she saw. She had dual monitors, both displaying overlapping blue prints and scientific notes. While the publishing data had been clearly erased, the writing and context of the material astounded her. Everything was set up within the parameters required by Capsule Corporation. Some test data had been in a format that she hadn't even put through yet, something she had been working on recently.

It got worse, the deeper she inspected. Theories and concepts she had been discussing with Dr. Thomas and her father had been made into fruition None of it was beyond her understanding, but it was eerie that it paralleled her thought process so much.

It's like I wrote these notes, she thought. But, how could I have wrote these notes and yet they be here in front of me before I've done them?

The answer was simple, but it humored her to think of it. Time travel? There was no way she had sent these notes back in time to herself. She did have a few ideas on how to build a working time machine, but they had been fanciful thoughts and equations she had played with in her spare time. Application was a different story. To build such a machine would require tons of resources and so much money the Capsule Corporation would go bankrupt trying to make it a reality.

Also picture of her and Trunks, that was another thing that was bugging her. Why did Dave Stolz posses a picture of her and Trunks? The strangest part, it was a picture she had taken a few days back at the park. It was still within her camera. She had not published it on the internet, nor had she uploaded it to her personal computer. The only way he could have gotten the picture was to have gotten a hold of her camera. She had immediately ran an analysis on the camera to check the last time stamp of a download.

There had been no downloads at all.

While it was an easy thing to cover up, she didn't understand who would go through such an elaborate hoax just to help her with her own research. None of it added up.

The door hissed open behind her and she swiveled around in her chair. Her receptionist, Becky, entered.

“I tried calling. I figured you were deep into your research. I came to tell you that Doctor Thomas is safe,” Becky said, the relief evident on her face. “He is at the hospital right now. I guess he got into a really bad car accident.”

It was true. She had been pouring over the Lazarus data for the past few hours and hadn't paid attention to anything around her. Looking down at her phone, she could see the red flashing light that indicated missed calls.

“I'm sorry Becky. And, thank goodness,” Bulma said. She locked her computer before standing up, grabbing her blazer off the back of her chair. She slipped it on as she walked towards the door. “I'm going to visit him right now. Cancel all of my appointments for the rest of the day.”

“I will do so Miss Briefs. Please send the Doctor my best regards.”

WC: 480
TWC: 2,977
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 3/5/2012, 10:20 pm

Ian sat in the waiting room of the hospital. The plan was adjusted a bit, but not by much. It turned out that Thomas missing was a big thing. Not too surprising, missing your lead scientist was something you did not want to do. Especially with a project like Lazarus.

Muscles had been watching Capsule Corp with a couple others and spotted Bulma leaving the corporation in a hurry. One of the men who's name escaped Ian reported that she was on her way to the hospital. Hearing that, Ian decided to play the hero and wait. Of course he was no longer in his demon form, so not even Thomas knew him, but he knew Cira who sat next to Ian. And Cira had visited with Thomas and let him know after surgery.

There Ian waited, waiting for the President of Capsule Corporation. Maybe he could become friends and he could take this another route. Or maybe not. Going right out to kidnapping, though a bit easier, could cause him issues in the future. And he certainly didn't have the funds to do his own lazarus project. That would be great but cost billions, which he didn't have. Besides, why start from ground up when you can take over what's already there.

"Mister Lancaster?" Ian looked up to see a middle aged woman with two children looking at him. "I'm sorry to bother you. The police told me you found him?"

Ian shook his head. "My driver saw him first. We brought him here immediately."

"I want to thank you for your help. He weren't sure what had happened to him."

So, this was the family he threatened to kill. Not at all up to snuff for someone with Thomas' brains. But then again, most people seemed to go after money or body. Then again, the money part has never changed.

"It was not a problem Mrs. Thomas."

"Please, Bethany will be fine."

Ian nodded. "Then Bethany, I simply did what anyone would do. No thanks is needed."

Out of the corner of his eye, a younger blue haired woman walked into the hospital. It was Bulma... good. The plan moves on to stage two.

WC:372
TWC:3517
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/7/2012, 12:14 am

The VTOL engines of the air van screeched as it lowered onto the helipad atop of the hospital. Bulma flicked a few switches on the center console and the van shut down, the engines cooling with an audible chorus of ticks. She popped open the hatch and stepped out, met with the cool dusk air. Not everyone could afford flying vehicles, so the rooftop lobby was much smaller than the ground floor lobby. There was a small check-in station and a miniature emergency room too. It was however, from her experience, a much nicer entrance with its large atrium and small indoor garden complimented by fountains.

She passed a C.C. Mark 1 android who served as a guide asking visitors if they needed any help or information.

“I'm fine—thank you,” she said.

Every time she saw an android built by her company in use, it made her swell with pride. She was truly making the Earth a better place. Soon, an army would serve as the defenders of the Earth against a galaxy filled with powerful monsters, like the Saiyans and the Planet Trade Organization. Humans were just not ready to fight the battle themselves, if it needed to be fought. They had not mastered the use of ki, nor were they particularly durable either.

Genetic engineering just isn't my forte, Bulma thought as she stepped onto the elevator.

West City Central Hospital was a massive complex. Six buildings, ten stories tall, each with three or four wings. She had called ahead of time to find out what building, floor, and room that Doctor Thomas was staying in.

She spotted Mrs. Thomas, the Doctor's wife, in the waiting room. She was talking to a gentlemanly looking fellow.

“Oh Bulma!” she said as she turned around. “I'm glad you came. I'm sure Thomas will be happy to see you too.”

“What happened to him?”

Mrs. Thomas gave the account that Dr. Thomas had given her about swerving off the road, crashing and being discovered by a man named Ian Lancaster.

“I am so glad that you were able to help him Mr. Lancaster,” Bulma said. “I never introduced myself. I'm Bulma Briefs!”

---

WC: 369
TWC: 3,346
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 3/8/2012, 3:25 am

“I am so glad that you were able to help him Mr. Lancaster,” Bulma said. “I never introduced myself. I'm Bulma Briefs!”

Izon nodded, then took her hand and kissed the top of it while removing his hat. "It is an honor Mrs. Briefs. I am Ian Lancaster of Lancaster and Associates." He put his hat back on and stood up straight. "I am glad I could help. I remember being in a bad situation and having a stranger help me now." Of course that stranger was dead, but the hands of Ian when Ian took over the gang, but that was a little detail he left out.

"I am glad Thomas is pulling through. There was so much blood, I was worried he would not make it." Ian nodded. "Now if you'll excuse me, I must get back to my business. We've got one hell of a project coming up and I don't want to have it late because I was being lazy." The hint was a bit too obvious for his tastes, but who knew what the blue haired woman would catch on.

He turned to the doctor's wife. "Mrs Thomas. I must take my leave. If either of you need anything, don't hesitate to call me." He gave both Bulma and Mrs. Thomas a business card that read Lancaster and Associate, Galactic Trade Company. Then he left, smiling inside.

He had a foot in the door. This process would be much slower than it was with Mr. Tisdal some five hundred years prior, but it would be a much larger prize. He also had to read up on laws. Before, most of what he had done was legal. Now, he highly doubted any of it was legal. He'd need a lawyer, and a damn good one.

He brought out his cell phone and sent a message to Cira. Research the best lawyer in business law and set up an appointment with them. He couldn't quite say he, the world was quite progressive now.

He got into his car and told the driver to go to Capsule Corporation. He wanted to take the tour. And maybe he'd run into Bulma. His plan? Simply run into Bulma enough and convince her he was into science and technology. He'd use what he could gather from Doctor Thomas and then what he would learn from the tour to his advantage.

WC:413
TWC:3930
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/8/2012, 6:42 pm

The security guard uniform was tight and Trunks had to loosen the collar a bit. The air in the auxiliary monitoring room was also stuffy. Capsule Corp. Security forces seldom used it, except for in extreme situations.

He reclined in the chair as he studied the mutli-paned monitor in front of him. He had several video feeds going at the same time, moving at fast-forward speeds. The main one he was watching, however, was Dr. Thomas's office lab. A day's worth of footage was a decent amount to sort through, but he needed to see what had happened and knew he couldn't skip a beat

Yes, Dr. Thomas had been found and taken to the hospital. But, Trunks couldn't help his gut instinct that something was not right with his disappearance. Even if he had gotten into a car crash, it had been too soon after he had delivered the data about Project Lazarus to his mother.

Sure, he had know ahead of time that he would be changing history by introducing this change, but the last thing he needed was for his plans to backfire. If someone, the wrong person, got their hands on the Project Lazarus data, many bad things would happen.

Dr. Thomas sure worked late. Trunks watched the time-stamp as it counted forward. It was nine-thirty at night before the man started to wrap up. Trunks him put on his coat and walk over towards the window—and then the film flickered. It was something only a trained eye, or someone with great perception would have been able to notice.

The film continued on with the Doctor standing at the window for a long time. It then showed him walking, near the door and the camera fuzzed out for a brief second. When the distortion faded, he was gone and the door was closed.

Someone altered the film!

The first part, with the Doctor standing in front of the window, was a loop. It was then his actions prior to going to the window. The distortion was to cover up the fact that he never actually opened the door himself and stepped out. It was a good trick. The time-stamps had been perfectly forged so that even a trained specialist would have not known the difference.

He reclined back in his chair and stared up at the ceiling. The major question in his mind was one thing, Why?

The door behind him opened.; someone was coming in. If it were security personnel, they would most certainly know that he wasn't among them. With blazing fast reflexes he unplugged the entire console, powering it down. Using a pulse of ki, he rocketed from the chair and clung to the ceiling, pressing his back against it.

As he suspected, it was another guard. He walked over to a supply locker and opened it up, rummaging around inside for a brief moment. With an “Ah-ha!” he produced a silver tube—a flashlight—and clipped it to his belt before exiting. On his way out, he turned off the light and closed the door, locking it from the outside.

Trunks sighed. Mom really needs to hire better security staff for this place.

WC: 530
TWC: 3,876
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 3/8/2012, 10:55 pm

Ian's car pulled up to the public entrance, and he got out. The doors were massive. They slid open as people neared them which seemed to be a common thing on Earth. Doors that opened themselves. He left instructions to the driver to keep the car nearby as he left. The doors opened for him and he walked into a massive lobby. Scientists and businessmen alike running to their destinations.

He saw the group, which were only a few. He walked up to the counter where he saw everyone sign in. Signing his name as Ian Lancaster, he waited with the rest. He was starting to feel a bit out of place with his old style clothing. Everyone else wore shorts, tank tops, and tee shirts. What has the world come to? People showing more of their skin. Not that he cared on the women, it was quite enticing.

The tour guide walked up. "Welcome everyone to Capsule Corporation. You will tour the facility and at the end, you will be greeted by Doctor Briefs, the lead scientists and one of the CEOs of this great company. Bulma Briefs may or may not show. Now if you'll follow me, I will show you the company."

The group followed the woman as she spoke about the origin of the lobby. Apparently it was the original building for Doctor Brief's work before the company grew. Some of his earliest works were sitting in cases, hanging from the ceiling, or sitting on pedestals.

They entered the first room. It was a manufacturing floor where robots were building space ships. It was an impressive set up and though the initial cost must've been mind blowing, it produced things ten times faster than a human would've and in the end even with maintenance, would cost much less. And those that did maintenance could be those that worked with the machines for the building. He really couldn't wait to get his hands on this company.

The next room was research which didn't show much. He figured much of these was to put on a show. From what he was seeing, they were experimenting with new capsules which were little devices that allowed to store big things in tiny spaces. He was intrigued how these worked, but the technology was closely guarded, and he wouldn't understand it anyway. Something that he'd need to be research about. He had much to learn about this time.

WC:416
TWC:4346
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/11/2012, 11:41 pm

Bulma growled in frustration as she heard the wrench clattering down into the engine block. It had slipped from her grip at the most opportune moment, setting her back greatly. She would have to travel all the way down to the lower part of the structure to retrieve it. That is, if she could find it among the mess of wires and strewn about parts.

She was working on the Capsule Corp. Liberator-class Star Cruiser, another secret project of hers. Of course, it was no where near to being done. She had only gotten to work on the main engine block of the prototype. She foresaw thousands of the ships leaving Earth and taking to the stars eventually. She had big plans for the Capsule Corp. and for Earth. But, she was starting to feel like she had too many things going on at once. She could spend all twenty-four hours of her day working, and never even check in with all of their projects.

You should be working on utilizing the Lazarus data, she thought to herself as she slumped back against the cool bulkhead. You're being a damn coward, that's what you are.

A rumbling in her vest pocket alerter her to a call. She ripped open the velcro and stuffed her greasy hand inside, producing the cellphone. Flipping it open, she accepted the call.

“Yes Becky?”

“Miss Briefs, I thought you should know that Mr. Ian Lancaster, the man who saved Dr. Thomas, is here. He is currently taking the tour around our production floor.”

“Is he?” Bulma said and stood up. “That won't do one bit. He'll never get to see the good stuff. For all he's done for the good doctor, I'll take him on my own personal tour. Have him wait in the conference room, I'll be right up after I change.”

Bulma had become a pro at going from greased up to looking like a successful business woman in no time. It was a skill she was quite proud of. Ten minutes later she was dressed in a crimson pants suit, adorned with sapphire earrings, a nice silver necklace and her hair was straightened to perfection.

She entered the conference room and shook Ian's hand. “Sorry about the wait. I thought a man like yourself would deserve to have a personal tour. The tour you signed up is mostly for kids and is really boring. Come, you will be more interested in the inner workings of our business, I'd imagine.”

She took him around the offices first, showing him the various departments and where they worked. They made a small pit stop at the glorious fully catered cafeteria that served gourmet food and some of the best coffee money could buy. There she offered him anything he wanted. After they rode the central elevator down to Research and Development, where she him some of the tests they did when developing Dyno Caps.

“This is where Dr. Thomas works,” Bulma said as they stopped in front of the entrance to one of the larger labs. “It's called Project Lazarus. How about we go give him a visit? From what I hear, he returned to work today. I'm sure he would be glad to see you, his hero in all. ”

WC: 553
TWC: 4,429
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 3/13/2012, 2:59 pm

The group had entered another manufacturing facility that was making what appeared to be flying cars. The place was rather impressive, even if it was just the thin layer of what they did. The guide continued to talk about the history and the processes of the place while Ian was lost in thought.

He nearly jumped when he heard his name from behind. Turning around, he was met with the receptionist. "Mister Lancaster, Mrs. Briefs wishes for you to join her. I am to take you to a meeting room if you desire."

Ian nodded. "It would be my pleasure." The next step in his plan was coming together. It was still along way off from completing, but good things come to those who wait.

Becky guided him around the place and eventually made it into a large conference room. No doubt where the executives meet. And there we waited for only a few minutes when Bulma walked in, in what he had come to know as proper corporate clothing.

“Sorry about the wait. I thought a man like yourself would deserve to have a personal tour. The tour you signed up is mostly for kids and is really boring. Come, you will be more interested in the inner workings of our business, I'd imagine.”

Ian bowed. "It is not a problem waiting on a beautiful woman. Especially when one takes time out of her busy day to meet with a nobody such as me." Ian agreed to the tour and they left.

She guided him through some stuff that would definitely not be in the regular tour. From satellites, to military equipment. He learned they were quite big in all aspects of peoples lives but prided themselves in the protection of Earth.

She eventually showed him the cafeteria which seemed more like a rich man's party from back in the day. Except the food was hot. She offered him some and he took grabbed a little of his favorites, including stuffed mushrooms.

"This is probably one of my favorite dishes. It's been years since I've had them." He grabbed a cup of coffee that was made in a french press and began sipping on it. It didn't take long to finish, and they were off again.

They took an elevator down and he got to see them test out new dyno caps. He still wasn't sure how they worked, but eventually he'd guess he'd know and improve on them. He could imagine the Lzarus soldiers carrying a couple dozen of them to bring out drones, or allies. Even weapons.

“This is where Dr. Thomas works,” Bulma said as they stopped in front of the entrance to one of the larger labs. “It's called Project Lazarus. How about we go give him a visit? From what I hear, he returned to work today. I'm sure he would be glad to see you, his hero in all. ”

And thus it started. Ian nodded. Lazarus. The pride and joy of Capsule Corps and Doctor Thomas. They entered and Thomas was hard at work with a bruised face and what not. He turned and gave a week smile.

"Ah, Mister Lancaster. So good of you to stop by."

Ian looked around at the equipment. "A quantum computer?" He took his own tour around the lab. "A nice one at that. Makes the one I have look like an ancient monstrosity."

WC:577
TWC:4923
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/14/2012, 6:40 pm

They entered the lab and Bulma led Mr. Lancaster through to where Dr. Thomas typically worked. The lab was rather empty, except for a few technicians that were hard at work at soldering and putting together mechanical parts. Bulma grimaced when no one was looking. She had been avoiding the Lazarus lab for quite a few days, even though she had all the data necessary to put it into the final stages.

Dr. Thomas was hard at work at a console. Behind the console was a large cylinder with dozens of wires and hoses protruding out of it. It their quantum computer, the most powerful computer ever built by man. The good doctor was programming algorithms. It was kind of detail oriented work that he was master of. Upon gazing on the screen knew that he was writing sub-routines, which served as a sort of sub-conscious for the android. She started to feel a pang guilt in her throat, from withholding the information she had about Lazarus. The poor doctor was doing all this work for nothing, and from what she saw, he was doing it all wrong.

"Ah, Mister Lancaster. So good of you to stop by,” Dr. Thomas said.

Bulma watched as Mr. Lancaster gave the equipment the once over. "A quantum computer?" he said and started wandering around. "A nice one at that. Makes the one I have look like an ancient monstrosity."

“Ah yes,” Dr. Thomas said and rubbed his hands together. “It's a real privilege being able to work with such advanced machinery. When I get home, I often find myself frustrated with the slowness of my personal computer. It just doesn't compare. I've been trying to urge Bulma here to place our Quantum Computers into production.”

Bulma faked a warm smile. It made her really uncomfortable that he should bring it up. “Well, they're so expensive to make, only the government and the richest of men could buy them. They're just not profitable at the moment, until we can find a cheaper way to produce them.”

A strange whirring noise brought her attention to the left. One of the android pods, which were lined up against the wall, had released its seal. The hatch opened up with a hydraulic hiss. From within the pod one of the prototype androids, which looked like a metallic skeleton with a mess of wires stepped forward. Its two ocular receptors came to life with a brilliant azure glow.

“WHAT IS MY COMMAND?” it said, its crude mechanical voice. Bulma couldn't wait.

Bulma had not been expecting such a display. “Dr. Thomas, what is going on?”

“I'm sorry Bulma,” Dr. Thomas said, his fingers dancing across the keyboard. “I was about test some of the command scripts I had written into the android and had not been expecting anyone to show up. It looks like the auto-release went off; clumsy me.”

The last thing she needed was to show one of her Lazarus androids to a stranger, but Bulma new she needed to adapt to the situation. She faced Mr. Lancaster.

“This is our biggest project, our linchpin, so to speak. You might know of our CC Mark 1 line, androids that help with day to day tasks. This here is a Lazarus line, which has yet to be designated. These will be androids that will serve in the defense of Earth against interstellar threats. They are our greatest hope for Earth to continue being a free entity in the galactic community.”

---

WC: 591
TWC: 5,020
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down