Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Turtle Hermit (Gosai and Shana)

2 posters

Go down

The Turtle Hermit (Gosai and Shana) Empty The Turtle Hermit (Gosai and Shana)

Post by Shana 2/27/2012, 11:25 pm

The Turtle Hermit

Easy Quest

Requirement: None

Reward: 1,000 zeni and 10 Hero Points

You are looking to step your training up a notch and seek to be a pupil of the legendary Master Roshi. Upon arriving at his small island, you find the venerable teacher is depressed. His last student abandoned his training regime and Roshi thinks himself a washed up teacher. Seek out his previous student, find out why he quit, and bring Roshi's morale up once again.
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

The Turtle Hermit (Gosai and Shana) Empty Re: The Turtle Hermit (Gosai and Shana)

Post by Shana 2/27/2012, 11:32 pm

"Muten Roshi?" Shana asked, dancing circles around the Saiyan woman as she dressed. Blackfire seemed uneasy. She was swiftly tying her hair behind in a pony tail, almost tripping several times over the smaller human child.

"Yes, that's his name," Blackfire repeated, dodging around the host of fire once more and making her way to the door. "Seek him out. He's a master of melee combat according to the rumors. He'd be able to teach you about fighting in close-combat much better than I could."

"But where are you going?" Shana pestered, attempting vainly to block the Saiyan from leaving. As if Shana were a troublesome dog, Blackfire picked the girl up by her shoulders and hoisted her aside.

"I-uh... Need to run some errands. I'll be off the planet for a bit." With those words spoken, the Saiyan flickered out of existence, leaving Shana behind with a baffled look across her brown eyes.

How cute. She's trying to avoid somebody... Okibi purred, his voice reverberating within the child's mind. Shana stared curiously down at the gateway amulet that hung around her neck.

"What are you talking about?" she asked plainly.

Don't worry about it. You're too young to understand those kind of shenanigans. Go seek out Master Roshi like Komand'r told you...

Word of Shana: 215/215
Thread total: 215
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

The Turtle Hermit (Gosai and Shana) Empty Re: The Turtle Hermit (Gosai and Shana)

Post by Gosai 2/28/2012, 12:29 am

The Human Dynamo was dozing, more or less, as the ship's computer informed him that he was approaching the gravity well of the Planet Earth. Had he been awake, the boy might have been capable of bracing himself for impact. Saiyan space pods were notoriously rough on their landings. Moreso for an unprepared human. The impact shuddered throughout the plains (fortunately there hadn't been anything of note nearby), dust was kicked up all through the area and the 'crash' had created a sonic boom of noise.

"My skull..." The human inside groaned, pressing his hand against a cracked window, nudging it just enough to shatter the already damaged windshield and fall out onto his back. "Figures that wouldn't have nearly enough padding on my head." He groaned, pushing back dark hair as he glanced into the distance.

Earth. It hardly ever changed, which was fortunate since the boy needed to find a point of civilization. Focusing his senses, he felt dozens of pinpricks of ki across his senses and one massive one that had simply... vanished.

Was that who I think it was? Gosai found himself wondering as he took his first few plodding steps in a random direction. What're you up ta, Firey?

He certainly wouldn't have minded seeing a friendly and familiar face... or at least a familiar one. He had a bad habit of grating people the wrong way. "Well... maybe Megumi'll be making lunch by the time I get home? That'd be nice. Then... guess I'll start looking for..." He paused. could he really train anywhere with his body mostly mechanical now? How many people would try to simply take him apart and study his hardware!?

With dawning horror Gosai realized it: he couldn't go anywhere!

"I'd say 'it can't get worse' but I'm afraid Kami will strike me blind so I can't even enjoy my oggling anymore..."

(Post Count: 316
Gosai Count: 316)
Gosai
Gosai
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shana 2/28/2012, 12:53 am

Left alone, Shana suddenly felt lost. Okibi had said that Blackfire was trying to avoid someone, but who was it? The mystery would have to wait. Whoever this Mutun Roshi was, the host of fire was charged to find him. She allowed her senses to extend, trying to find a sizable ki signature. If he really was a teacher, he certainly would be stronger than a normal human, right?

Almost immediately, she locked onto a power that was west from her house. Turning to put on a jacket, Shana exited her home after saying goodbye to her mother. "Nimbus!" Shana called out the name of the cloud-like deity that shuttled her around. In response, a yellow cloud soared from the heavens, coming to a halt nearby. Hoisting her light body upon the cloud, Shana positioned herself in a comfortable sitting position. The transport had become her favorite method of travel; it could fly her to places much more quickly than she could fly. And, the human still struggled with the whole "exert the correct amount of ki from your feet" deal.

The wind blew through her long ebony hair as the city zoomed beneath the flying cloud. Soon though, the nimbus brought her over the ocean. Shana narrowed her eyes in confusion. Surely he would be on the mainland? But if her senses were correct, the man was definitely off the beaten path.

Only a few more minutes had passed before the flying nimbus came to a halt above a tiny island. Shana crawled to the edge of the cloud to peer over. "This is where he is?" Shana asked to nobody in particular. "It's out in the middle of nowhere!"

So it seems. You should go check it out, Okibi spoke. Sighing, the human abandoned her taxi and dropped from the sky. Landing roughly on the sand bar, Shana peered around. There was a pink house before her with the words 'Kami House' painted on the side in red. Nearby, a man slept on a lawn chair with a magazine splayed across his face. Hesitantly, the child approached him, bushing profusely as she saw what the magazine consisted of.

This is him? He looks like an old geezer! Shana exclaimed at Okibi.

Word of Shana: 374/589
Total thread count: 905
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosai 2/28/2012, 1:10 am

Gosai's efforts to locate civilization seemed to consist of only becoming more and more lost. As it was he had somehow found himself wandering from a desert (really a grassland, but with all the thrown up dirt from the pod one would never have guessed) into a mountain range. And that was when it became truly unbareable. At the best of times the Human Dynamo's navigational skills were... lacking. With no real paths, little sunlight filtering the canopy of trees, and endless obstacles? Oh yes, patient searching had long ago given way to a fit of frustrated rage.

"Stupid friggin' rock!" Gosai's voice echoed throughout the mountains as he punched yet another boulder, reducing what was once a massive rock (in fact, it was taller and wider than Gosai himself) into so much gravel. "Seriously, who thought up mountains anyway!?" He demanded in his annoyance, kicking at the newly formed gravel as the boy continued his determined path straight through into... a tree.

Rather than exert the time or energy to walk around the object (as the smart thing would have been) he simply wrapped his arms around the trunk and started arching his back, pulling the entire plant up by the roots. Only after this feat of strength did he really pause and begin thinking.

"...Maybe it's an omen?" He finally groaned, dropping the tree to the ground. "I landed hundreds of miles from anywhere of relevance. I'm out of contact with all of my friends and family, most of whom probably think I'm dead, and I've got so much metal in me I could open a scrap yard."

Sitting down upon the trunk of the tree, Gosai began slowly pondering his situation. Would it really benefit him to leave the mountain at this point? Not particularly. And, unless he was mistaken, this kind of wilderness could provide ample training exercieses to a creative mind.

Of course, one problem did occur to the boy after several more minutes of thought. "...How the hell am I gonna run electricity into my house? Or build a house?"

(Post count: 346
Gosai Count: 662
Total Count: 1,251)
Gosai
Gosai
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shana 2/28/2012, 1:30 am

"Excuse me?" Shana asked, trying to wake the turtle hermit. Only his deep snores answered her. The host of fire didn't want to get close to the old man or his dirty magazine, but had little choice in the matter. She reached forward and poked his shoulder. "Hello?" Again, there was no response. Feeling annoyed, the human gave his shoulder a rough shove. Apparently, it was rougher than needed. The old man tumbled out of the lawn chair with a startled snort and landed face first into the sand.

Almost instantly, he was up, sunglasses hanging off of one ear precariously. "Who? What?" His eyes fell upon Shana. "Well, well, well... Who do we have here?" The man bent down to pick up the fallen magazine. With another hand, he repositioned his sunglasses correctly. "You look lost child... How did you get here?"

"I-I flew..." Shana answered cautiously. Shouldn't that have been obvious?

"I see," The man answered, sighing. He seemed... sad, almost. "Well, you've come a long ways to greet an old man like me. What do you need?"

It was Okibi who pipped up. Komand'r asked her to come to you for training and guidance, human. Would you be willing to take a student under your wing for a bit? Master Roshi looked confused at the lion-like spawn of fire's voice. He peered around wildly for a moment before pinpointing the voice that came from Shana's gateway amulet.

"A student? I can't unfortunately. I'm done with mentoring people. Consider me retired..." To Shana's dismay, the old man began to walk away to his house. He opened the door, but paused at the entrance to the house to glance back. "Sorry kid. You may have come a long ways out, but whatever legends you heard about me are false. I'm not fit as a teacher. One of my most loyal students has vanished. I never was cut out for this..."

A shadow flickered across his face before the human vanished inside of his own domain.

"N-now what?" Shana asked plainly, looking utterly lost. She had did what Blackfire had told her, but only found a washed up teacher. He seemed terribly disheartened by something.

I think I know what is troubling that man... Okibi mused. And just our luck, the very man that Roshi was referring to? He's on the planet now...

"W-who?"

His name is Gosai... He's the very same man that Blackfire was trying to avoid. Go the the northern mountains. Let's see if we can rendezvous with him there and drag him back to Roshi.

"Rende...what?"

Just go north. Surely you can feel his power? The child closed her eyes, forcefully shutting out the power of Roshi. Sure enough, there was another large power to the north of her. Good, Okbi growled, obviously aware that his host had locked onto the human. Get over there. You have another human to meet... Shana nodded and called the Nimbus Cloud down once more. Leaping onto the transport, she shot off of the island, leaving behind the disheartened teacher behind.

Word of Shana: 515/1104
TTC: 1766
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down