Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Turtle Hermit P3 (Shana and Gosai)

2 posters

Go down

The Turtle Hermit P3 (Shana and Gosai) Empty The Turtle Hermit P3 (Shana and Gosai)

Post by Shana 2/29/2012, 1:21 am

The Turtle Hermit Part III

Hard Quest

Requirement: Must have completed The Turtle Hermit Part II

Reward: 3,500 zeni and 10 Hero Points.

After your island venture, Roshi has taught you some of his best moves. Soon enough and you'll be the master of the Turtle Hermit Style. He has decided to test the skills you've learned in actual combat. On a nearby island, a martial arts school holds an monthly tournament. Roshi has signed you up. However, little do you know the venerable master has also signed up under the guise of Jackie Chun. Can you beat Master Roshi himself in hand to hand combat?
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

The Turtle Hermit P3 (Shana and Gosai) Empty Re: The Turtle Hermit P3 (Shana and Gosai)

Post by Gosai 2/29/2012, 1:59 am

The Matsuhito Family's 'ancestral' home.

A dark haired young woman was standing in the back yard of a building that appeared to be designed in the fashion of a Pagoda style home, beating a large blanket with... something, in order to knock the dust off of it. "How does this place get so dirty? I'm the only one living here anymore." She sighed, wiping a few beads of sweat from her forehead. This woman was Megumi Matsuhito, the elder sister (by three years) of Gosai. Currently the sole resident of the family homoe.

And also about to be highly startled as a human body bounded over the wall as though in a flying long jump to land in front of her. "Hey, sis." Gosai cheered, walking towards a nearby window.

"Guh... Go-Chan?!" She shouted. "What are... when did you get back!?" Before her younger brother was able to climb through the window and gather whatever he was after (likely food), she'd grasped the back of his shirt and yanked him back. "Just where have you even been?"

"It's... a long story, Megu." Gosai shook his head, smiling nervously. "Just... ah... how'd you like to go on a road trip?" The boy offered. "To a private island. You remember Kame Sen'nin, right? Well-"

"....I'm not visiting the old man again." Megumi declared resolutely, shaking her head. "Not after last time."

"Oh c'mon, it wont be that bad. Besides-" and here Gosai moved quickly, attempting to lift up Shana by her shoulders so that the girl was eye level with Megumi. "she wants to be trained by Kame Sen'nin. Are you going to let a young girl's dreams die because you didn't want to visit a lonely old man?"

"Go-chan-" The girl attempted to protest.

"Puppy eyes!" Gosai whispered to Shana before taking his own advice with Megumi.

"...Sometimes I hate you." The elder girl groaned, running a hand through her hair. "Fine. Gimme ten minutes to put together a suit case."

(Word Count: 333)
Gosai
Gosai
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

The Turtle Hermit P3 (Shana and Gosai) Empty Re: The Turtle Hermit P3 (Shana and Gosai)

Post by Shana 2/29/2012, 6:30 pm

I'm about to leave this pane of existence, Okibi warned Shana who was still riding on the lion-like deity's shoulders. We're nearing civilization and I'd rather not scare the humans with my body... Shana nodded and slid off of the behemoth's side as Gosai leaped over a fence nearby. As soon as the child's feet hit the ground, Okibi vanished in a roar of flames. Shana's gateway glowed briefly as the god of fire used it to enter Eden's Realm once more.

Shana lifted herself from the ground under a cushion of ki to vault over the fence as well. She landed in the garden just in time to hear the conversation between Gosai and his sister, who seemed a bit upset at her brother's sudden appearance. On top of it, she didn't seem to pleased with the cyborg-like man's idea to take her to Roshi. Was that a flush of crimson color in her cheeks? What was so embarrassing about the old Turtle Hermit?

"Oh c'mon, it wont be that bad. Besides, she wants to be trained by Kame Sen'nin. Are you going to let a young girl's dreams die because you didn't want to visit a lonely old man?" Gosai moved to try and pick the host of fire up once again, but the child had learned quickly from his first attempt. She swiftly dodged his outstretched arms, narrowing her brown eyes at him in warning. She wasn't about to be picked up again so unconventionally.

"...Sometimes I hate you." She paused before continuing, "Fine. Gimme ten minutes to put together a suit case." With that, she entered the house. Shana glared at Gosai.

"What's all this about?" she hissed. "What does your sister have to do with Mutant-"

Muten!

"-Muten Roshi?"

Word of Shana: 296/296
TTC: 629
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosai 3/1/2012, 4:58 am

Gosai seemed just vaguely annoyed when the tiny martial artist (was she a martial artist? She seemed to have some power behind herself) deftly evaded his grasp. But still, his sister had conceded to the boy's request. Rocking back and forth on his feet, he seemed content merely to wait before Shana's question finally entered through his thick skull.

"My sister?" He asked, as if for the first time realizing that the girl who'd taken such effort to coax him from within his newfound home seemed to know almost nothing about Muten Roshi. "Well," he hesitated, uncertain just what such a young girl might know of the desires of a man like Kame Sen'nin. "Muten Roshi is... eccentric. Like many eccentrics, he enjoys the company of attractive women."

"Gee, thanks for the compliment, little brother." Megumi chuckled, slinging a backpack over her shoulder. "And for giving your friend there the G-rated version of the old man. But don't think you don't owe me." She added, locking the door to the house.

"Yeah, yeah." Gosai groaned, already falling into place with the sibling banter. Despite herself, though, Megumi was still blushing just a bit. Some memories don't fade too easily. In order to fill the void the silence was creating, though, it was Megumi who chose to speak again at last.

"So, do you have any previous experience with martial arts?" She inquired, glancing at the small girl quizzically. "I mean, to be honest, it looks like my brother-" here she paused to glower at the younger Matsuhito. "just borrowed you from the local middle school because he was bored and needed a partner in crime."

"Do I really look like a kidnapper?" Gosai wondered aloud, tapping his chin with a slight 'clink' of metal on metal. Apparently the obviously cybernetic parts were just the tip of the iceberg. Some metallics within the boy were cleverly concealed.

"Go-chan, honestly there is very, very little I CAN'T see you doing." She asserted, shaking her head once again. "You're like a torrential downpour of bad ideas."

"I resent that." was all Gosai was able to counter with, and even that was rather weak.

(Word Count: 360
Gosai Count: 393
Total Count: 989)
Gosai
Gosai
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shana 3/1/2012, 4:39 pm

"My sister? Well..." The human trailed off, his brows furrowing as if he were concentrating. "Muten Roshi is... eccentric. Like many eccentrics, he enjoys the company of attractive women..." Shana could only stare at him cluelessly. Okibi let out a sigh; Shana pictured him back at Eden's Realm, shaking his massive head wearily.

At Gosai's brief attempt at an explanation, his sister returned. Megumi and Gosai began to talk with each other, giving Shana time to question Okibi. What did he mean by that? Is there something I should know about this Muten Roshi?

To her surprise, a choked silence came from the other end. It was as if the lion-like spawn of flames were embarrassed. Erm... well... uhh... No....

Shana narrowed her eyes crossly. Why was Okibi suddenly becoming squeamish? That doesn't tell me anything! she admonished.

No, you have nothing to fear Shana, you're likely too young for his taste. I'd hope...

H-his taste?! Shana wasn't sure if she wanted to be trained by the old man anymore. Thankfully, Okibi was saved from responding as Megumi addressed the host of fire.

"So, do you have any previous experience with martial arts? I mean, to be honest, it looks like my brother just borrowed you from the local middle school because he was bored and needed a partner in crime."

Shana lifted her gaze from the gateway to Gosai's sister, unsure of what to say. "I've had a bit of training," Shana explained, wisely leaving out Blackfire, the Conclave, and anything that a normal human would likely have no clue about. She watched as the two siblings continued their banter for a bit longer.

We're wasting time here... Okibi growled at his host. Shana nodded briefly before turning to Gosai.

"We should get going..."

Word of Shana: 297/593
TTC: 1286
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosai 3/3/2012, 8:15 am

"Kid," Gosai retorted with a friendly smile. "you're too tense. A wise man once said 'if you're always wishing you were somewhere else, you'll never appreciate where you are now'. Or words to that effect. I'm a puncher, not a philosopher." He shrugged, but never the less took the first step forward. For a superhuman machine-man hybrid who could, very likely, travel at supersonic speeds... he had chosen the rather impersonal means of conveyance to get to the shore.

They took a bus. A bus Megumi paid for, giving another glare to her brother.

With a slight grin, Gosai leaned down to whisper in the Fire Host's ear. "She doesn't trust me with the money in our family." He acknowledged as though he found the whole idea to be amusing. "Honestly, you buy ONE designer gi... a month... for two years..." he trailed off, losing himself within his own thoughts.

The driver, as was his duty, simply opened the doors and let the trio (well, quartet if you counted Okibi's disembodied intellect.) find their own seats before he started driving. Megumi hesitated once again before attempting to strike up a conversation with the girl.

"So, you said you've done a little martial arts before? What sort of training have you had? I mean, what style? Who taught you?" The girl offered a good natured smile; after all in her experience a martial artist was generally proud and more than willing to talk of their particular style and the lineage they came from within it. For all of the craziness Gosai was displaying, it seemed that nature had provided Megumi to balance him out.

Of course the ride wouldn't last long (by the cosmic definition of 'long' anyway.) before they were to be ejected onto a beach, gazing out into the open, empty ocean.

"Did anyone think to reserve a boat?" Gosai asked suddenly. "I mean, we could swim to Kame Island if you guys are up for it."

"We are not swimming to the middle of the ocean." Megumi informed her brother sternly.

"Oh come on, swimming is essential training, it helps you work out muscles you don't usually use!" The Human Dynamo protested vigorously.

"And just because you might be able to swim to the island doesn't mean she or I could." Megumi countered simply, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Look, we're on a beach. There's gotta be a canoe rental or something here."

(word Count: 406)
Gosai
Gosai
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shana 3/3/2012, 6:23 pm

Settling in the bus wasn't too bad. It was practically empty! Although the transportation wasn't first-class by any means judging by the torn seats and stagnant air in the bus, it would have to do. Shana certainly didn't have any money to pay for a better one, and she hardly had any room to complain when it was Gosai's sister who payed for the fare after another glare.

"So, you said you've done a little martial arts before? What sort of training have you had? I mean, what style? Who taught you?" Megumi asked Shana, offering a small smile. Shana squirmed slightly; she didn't exactly know a style, per say. It was Blackfire and Okibi who had trained her. And most of the exercises were based around increasing her endurance and strength.

"I-I'm not sure, exactly," Shana admitted. "It was Blackfire who worked with me..." The human wisely left out the fact that Blackfire was a Saiyan. She was still unsure of how much Megumi knew about the outside universe. "I just picked up a bit of the basics, really..."

It seemed like only moments later (what in actuality took at least half an hour, but hey? Who's counting?) Gosai, his sister, and Shana stood on a beach. When Shana reached out with her senses, she could feel Muten Roshi's ki signature far out in the ocean. Somewhere out there, the martial arts teacher lived in his pink house.

Shana left Gosai and his sister to debate on how they would get to Roshi's Island while the host of fire stared out into the sea. Just as the debate between the two siblings seemed to get heated, a moderately large form broke out of the surface of the water. Shana stared in amazement. It was a sea turtle! That was hardly the most surprising fact, though.

The turtle lifted up a single fin in a gesture that looked suspiciously like a wave. "Hey!" he called out. "Long time, no see, Gosai!" Shana backed up, her brown eyes wide.

"Did that turtle just talk?" she asked aloud to nobody in particular. The turtle turned his head to her.

"Hmmm? Of course I can talk! Roshi said that you would be here. Do you three need a ride over to his island?"

Word of Shana: 382/975
Total: 2370
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosai 3/8/2012, 2:33 am

Gosai's face practically lit up when he saw the Turtle approaching the beach. Somehow the old reptile had the best sense of timing. Which was actually amazing considering just how long it should take him to get from one place to the next. Either way he couldn't help waving. "Hullo there, Turtle!" He shouted in response, rushing towards the edge of the beach. "Looks like our ride's arrived."

"I don't see how all of us can fit on that." Megumi commented, pulling Gosai into a headlock. "D'you?"

"Ever the realist, sis." Gosai chortled, prying himself loose with a bit of effort. "How about this then. You can sit on Turtle's back, Shana can sit in your lap, and I can swim." He offered, glancing towards the serenely floating reptile.

"Oh, I'm sure I can move two humans." He responded with a smile. "After all, it'd look pretty bad if the Turtle School's mascot wasn't at least somewhat strong."

"Then its settled!" Gosai shouted, clapping his hands together with a grin. "And then, at long last... we shall begin the training with Master Roshi!"

Seemingly not receiving any objections (Or not listening to them if he was) Gosai took a running start for the water before cannonballing into the beach, submerging himself totally before bobbing back to the surface. "So, c'mon everybody. It's a race, last one there gets to cook!"
Gosai
Gosai
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shana 3/8/2012, 6:05 pm

Shana was rather confused. Just when things in her life couldn't get any more weirder than they already were, a talking turtle who claimed to come from Master Roshi came and offered a ferry to the island. Gosai seemed more than happy to accept the offer, speaking up for both his sister and Shana as if were the leader. As Gosai leaped into the water, (quite an odd thing considering that the human could fly) Shana exchanged a glance with Megumi. She seemed to be concentrating on balancing precariously upon the turtle's back.

"I-I'll just fly, thanks..." Shana told the turtle, backing up to the safety of the beach. She brought two fingers to her lips and blew through them, producing a sharp whistle.

You know... Okibi growled at her, knowing exactly what the host of fire was calling, eventually, you're going to have to become comfortable with flying. That cloud of yours is hardly practical in the heat of battle...

I know, Shana answered heavily, I'm working on something though! After the small exchange of thoughts, a yellow cloud fell from the sky above, positioning itself at Shana's feet. The human stepped on it. As soon as she positioned herself, the cloud shot off to the ocean. Peering down, the host of fire could see that Megumi was still on the turtle's back. It was quite the humorous site. Further ahead, Gosai was still paddling towards the island. Yet it seemed that Shana's cloud was faster still. The wind buffeted the child's body as the Nimbus continued to pick up speed. What seemed like only seconds passed as Shana passed over the island. She launched herself from the ride and landed roughly on the sandy beach.

"So you're back," A dull voice greeted her. The host of fire turned her attention to see that Roshi was behind her. His eyes were dull, yet she could see a flickering spark within them. "I told you that I wasn't taking any pupils..." The old man trialed off as Gosai's form came into view. "I-is.... Is that Gosai?" he asked wonderingly.

Word of Shana: 351/1326
Total: 1962
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosai 3/10/2012, 2:54 am

For all the slowness a turtle might display on land, in the waters of the ocean even this large and somewhat ungainly creature proved swift enough to make good time back to the island, arriving just a bit behind her brother (and somewhat farther after the Host of Fire). But, she still made good enough time to witness the reunion between student and teacher.

On the sandy shore of the island, Gosai was wringing out his shirt as the man once called 'The Invincible Old Master' emerged from within Kame House. A grin plastered across the teen's face once more as he pulled the garment back on. "It is me, Kame Sen'nin." The boy offered, actually giving the elder martial artist a respectful bow. The look upon the old man's face was certainly something to see. Like a father upon the return of the 'prodigal son'.

"Where... why did you-"

"Action, adventure, and a very very bad sense of direction." Gosai explained placidly. "I took off chasing a cutie from another planet and got pulled into a lot of weirdness. I'm sure you would approve." He added, nudging the old master with his elbow, the two trailing off into rather lecherous laughter.

Megumi could only groan, slapping a palm to her face before clearing her throat. "Look, the other reason Gosai came here was to personally recommend you train her." She pointed out, gesturing to the other female.

"Is that so?" Master Roshi inquired, glancing from Gosai, to Shana, to Megumi (his sunglasses providing ample cover for wherever he might have been searching.). "Do you think she can handle the training, Gosai? She seems a bit... lanky." He commented with obvious disappointment, sidling closer to Megumi.

"I gave her a short lesson before coming here, and frankly you're better at teaching than I am. I can put her through exercise, but the whole 'learning how to fight'? That's your specialty." Gosai agreed, but was mostly cut off by Megumi's yelp and slap as the old master's hand ran along her rump.

Oh yes, Gosai knew exactly how to re-ignite Roshi's passion for living.

(Word Count: 353
Gosai Count: 1,978
Total Count:
Gosai
Gosai
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shana 3/11/2012, 5:13 am

Shana listened carefully to the exchange from student to teacher and back, yet the more adult concepts flew over her head. Blissfully unaware of what kind of gluttonous and other such sins that Gosai and Roshi were chuckling over, Shana could only tip her head to the side slightly in a quizzical-like manner. As Roshi payed some more "special" attention to Gosai's sister, Shana found herself backing up slightly, wary of receiving the same treatment. Thankfully, the old lecherous man didn't seem interested in girls of her age.

"Well," Roshi spoke, finally abandoning his prey and reluctantly looking at the host of fire once more. "I can't promise anything. But, if you think she has potential, then I have an idea..."

Shana narrowed her brown eyes, feeling safe enough to take a step forward. "And what would that be?"

"It's simple, really," Roshi spoke with a chuckle, repositioning his shades with an index finger. The sunlight glinted off of them sharply. "The World Martial Arts Tournament is happening this year. And today, in fact! I want you to enter."

"Me?" Shana couldn't stop her voice from squeaking a bit in shock. She had heard about the legendary tournament. Who was the last champion? Yes, somebody named "Jakie Chun." But the child never even dreamed about entering such a prestigious contest. Only the best of the best stood a chance! "I-I can't do that!" Shana exclaimed.

"Then I cannot train you," Roshi said simply. "You do not even have the light of the warrior in your eyes. I cannot train you until you overcome your fear and prove that you are a fighter."

"I'm not scared!" Shana admonished, balling her fists.

"Yes, you are," Roshi answered back, stroking his beard. He shook his head sadly. "If you have the potential, you'd relish this opportunity. But from what I see, you are just a little girl. If you wish to become strong, then you must overcome the first hurdle: your own doubts."

Shana could feel Okibi's annoyance spike. A growl reverberated from him all the way from Eden's Realm, yet Shana ignored it. She shifted her eyes to the ground. She never thought of herself as a fighter, even though Blackfire had trained her. She stood up to the Saiyan in mock battles, fighting with her toe to toe. Even if the host of lightning was holding back the vastness of her seemingly limitless power, the fact that she would take the time to polish the human girl had to mean something, right?

"Well then," Roshi spoke, turning around as if the conversation was over. "I guess that takes care of that."

"Wait!" Shana called out, her heart pounding against her chest. "I-I..." What am I saying? I can't do this!

Roshi didn't turn around fully, instead only showing the side of his face. "Hmmm?"

"I-I'll go..."

"I don't hear any conviction in that promise. The World Martial Arts Tournament doesn't hold kiddie rounds, you know."

"I said I'll go!" Shana exclaimed, narrowing her eyes. A silence seemed to stretch out at the Vessel's words, then Roshi let out a chuckle. The chuckle soon turned into full blown laughter. Shana stared confusedly at him, wondering what the hell had just turned the Turtle Hermit from such seriousness to this.

"Glad to hear it," he finally said, wiping a tear away from his eye that had caught up beneath his sunglasses. "Then go now and sign up before registration closes. I will be watching your fights carefully. As for you," Roshi turned to Gosai, "You're signing up as well. I want to see where you are at as well."

Word of Shana: 610/1936
TTC: 2925
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosai 3/13/2012, 6:35 am

"The budokai is today?" Gosai yawned, looking mostly unconcerned. "I have been away for a while."

"We've noticed." A new voice entered the chaos of Kame Island. And oddly, it came from the second talking animal of the day, and yet another that Gosai's immediate reaction appeared to be one of joy to see. The speaker was an alligator, laying across a beach chair rubbing suntan lotion on its scaly stomach. After a few seconds he adjusted his sunglasses and offered Gosai a toothy grin. "But it's good to see ya back. Especially since it's gotten Roshi outta his funk."

Gosai had found himself drawn towards his reptilian friend as Roshi and Shana discussed the World Tournament, but Megumi had, it seemed, decided someone needed to take responsibility for Shana. The older girl knelt down next to the middle school demi-goddess to offer her a re-assuring smile.

"Look, I wont pretend that Roshi isn't crazy, but he knows what he's talking about. Each of his students he's put through this kinda thing before." Megumi assured Shana, trying her best to help shake away some of the doubts The Invincible Old Master had referred to. "And if he thinks you're already up for this kinda thing, than you are. He's got an eye for talent."

She paused for a moment, brushing a strand of hair out of her face before offering another smile. "If you want, I can be your cornerwoman even." Megumi suggested as a means of boosting the girl's confidence still further.

Gosai blinked several times as Roshi made his suggestion. "Ehhh, you sure?" He asked. "I mean, aside from the kid, there wont be much competition..."

"I've told you before, to enter a competition expecting victory is nothing but arrogance. And arrogance has no place in the art boy." Roshi declared, whapping Gosai's rather thick skull with his staff.

"Sunova!" Gosai yelped. "Fine, fine. I'm going..."
Gosai
Gosai
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shana 3/19/2012, 11:59 pm

OOC note: The rest of this rp will take place after Gosai and Shana's match rped out in the battle forum

It seemed like only moments after Shana had moved on from the first round. Only moments! Yet in that time, she had blown through the rest of the competition. The young host of fire wasn't even sure if she could call it that, actually. When all it took was one swipe of her hand to send the other "fighters" out of the ring, one couldn't even call it a fight. Still, the experience was good. If anything, the tournament was showing that Shana wasn't as weak as she often thought herself as.

Still, the rush of it was starting to get to the child. Once again, she wiped at her brow with a towel, now soaked with sweat. Her brown eyes searched the crowd. They had been cheering her on the entire time.

"And now! The round that you have all waited for!" The announcer roared. "The final round! Shana has wowed us all! Who would think that such a tiny child was so strong? But will that help her to beat the champion, Jackie! Chun!"

The crowd cheered as an older man stepped into the ring. Shana narrowed her eyes, watching as he held up both hands to the crowd. He certainly didn't look like much. But he had to be strong, right? After all, he was the champion! Not only that, but he had won the championship multiple times over!

You've just shown yourself how powerful you are! Okibi chided her, sensing the girl's uneasiness. Don't falter now!

"And now, the challenger! Shana!" The crowd screamed out once more and Shana got up from the bench, leaping into the ring. "Let the final match begin!" Shana took up a fighting stance, but to her surprise, the champion only chuckled.

"I've watched your matches, kid," he spoke, stroking his long beard.

"Y-you have?" Shana asked, loosening her stance slightly to stare at the older man curiously.

"Of course," the man nodded. "You have a lot of power, but you don't know how to use it. You have no form, no style, no experience. What use is that power against someone slightly weaker that can muster a proper defense?" His words caused Shana to pause. The crowd had died down to a hush at the champion's words. Here he was, the legendary Jackie Chun, criticizing the child that had torn through the other fighters so quickly?

"Hello, Gosai..." Blackfire spoke, not allowing her amethyst eyes to leave the arena where Shana was facing off against the champion. There was a bit of stress in her voice as if she were tense. "It's been a while..."

WC: 436
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosai 3/20/2012, 12:29 am

Losing to Shana was just a bit embarrassing, Gosai had to admit, but it was a good learning experience for the girl, and that was the best thing for her. You could teach a lot of lessons in defeat, but right now the Middle Schooler had needed confidence. Still, he'd be lying if he'd claimed the idea of being called 'The World's Strongest' didn't appeal to him.

But the girl was already set up to battle the only other fighter who had been cleaning house as effeciently as her. Jackie Chun; another nigh-legendary martial arts master and former champion. Gosai could recall watching grainy videos of his battles in the tournament. "Girl's gonna have a time even if she is stronger than him." The Human Dynamo surmised, even as Chun had asserted the same thing towards her.

So intent was Gosai on the fight (he'd be lying once again to claim no vested interest in the child's performance. He had, after all, helped convince Roshi to train her. Plus, she beat him. The girl's performance reflected on him.) that he hadn't felt the return of Blackfire. Indeed, none of his senses mundane, mystical, or lecherous had been aware of her presence until she'd spoken.

At the sound of her voice, the startled human pivoted to glance at the saiyan female.

"It has been a while." He agreed, leaning against the doorway, making an effort to look casual. "How've you been, Firey?" Gosai queried. "I haven't seen you since we went to Eden... must've had a lot of adventures to tell about?"

Truth be told, he wasn't certain how to react to the newly christened Demi-Goddess. Some of his instincts were demanding he resume flirting, some of them were perhaps in a strange awe of the power he knew she was capable of and the rest were just surprised she was willing to actually come to him.

(Word Count: 316
Gosai Count: 2,296
Total Count:
Gosai
Gosai
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shana 3/20/2012, 2:00 am

"Wh-what do you mean by that?" Shana asked, taken aback by the man's dialog. She eyed the older gentleman carefully. Just what exactly was she up against? Why was she so hesitant to attack him? Just the aura around him was enough to cause her pause enough to execute extreme caution.

He means that you don't know how to fight. Now attack him! He's strong for a human, but not nearly as powerful as Gosai was.

"Just like I said. You haven't had a mentor to teach you the finer details of battle. You can't dance the dance."

"-But..." Shana trailed off as the Announcer brought the microphone back up to his lips.

"You two can start whenever you like, you know!" he exclaimed.

"Adventures?" Blackfire huffed, allowing a sliver of a grin to cross her features. "I suppose you would look at it like that." She brought up an arm to comb her fingers through her long and ebony hair. "The Voracious Eaters are growing in both numbers and power. I think that they're planing on making a move. And soon. Where to? I haven't the faintest clue." There was some bitterness in her voice. Becoming a demigod hadn't made the Saiyan omnipotent, omnipresent, or omniscient. The Saiyan let out a sigh, and Skoll spoke through the gateway she wore around her neck.

I still think they may be moving against Vegeta-Sei, the deity grunted.

"Even Vengeance himself wouldn't dare make a move against the bastion of the Saiyan Empire with his current power. He'd be crushed instantly!" Blackfire exclaimed, giving the gateway a glare as if daring Skoll to argue further.

Don't you remember what Marigai told us? The entire Saiyan Empire died in her future! You can't simply rule out-

"I have eyes and ears on Vegeta-Sei," Blackfire interupted firmly. Her stern look softened shortly afterwards, though. "But you are right, Skoll. It's a possibility. I'll hail Omega and see what his look on it is."

Blackfire felt a spike of surprise from Skoll. You two are still... After... Skoll sounded unwilling to mention what he wanted to say.

"Omega and I have been together since I was six," Blackfire reminded the god of lightning. "One battle isn't going to change that. He'll come if I ask him to."

Hmph.

Blackfire decided to change the subject, nodding at the white arena to draw Gosai's attention to it. "I'm sure she's already told you, but she's the Vessel of Fire. I've drawn out her power, but I can't exactly teach her my style of fighting as it doesn't fit her own style. I told her to seek out Muten Roshi. I know he's a human, but his legend has been heard by many, even the Saiyans. He's supposed to be a genious when it comes to fighting hand-to-hand..." She trailed of as the man whom Shana was fighting began to speak aloud.

"It won't do me any good to simply explain your lack of skill," Jackie spoke, sounding indifferent. "Allow me to show you, instead." He brought up an arm, waving for the tiny host of fire to attack. "Come. Attack me."

Shana slipped back into her stance. Only a second later, did she soar at him with incredible speed. Behind the man's sunglasses, the champion's eyes widened. He hadn't accounted for the girl to boast such speed. Yet his reflexes did not abandon him; he swiftly ducked just as a tiny fist cut through the air where his head once was, pivoting on his front foot while sliding his back foot to keep balance. He lashed out with a powerful kick towards Shana's unprotected gut.

With a gasp of alarm, Shana stumbled backwards, dodging the counter attack. But hopping on one foot was not good for one's balance. The champion easily exploited the girl's sloppy dodge by crashing his foot against hers. Immediately, Shana fell down to the ground painfully. With a arching motion, Jackie Chun attacked with his back leg, bringing his foot down towards the fallen Vessel.

Get in the air! Okibi roared at his host. Shana let out a growl, pushing off of the ground and allowing her crimson wings to unfurl. With a single and powerful flap, her frame was launched into the air just as her foe's blow split the tile floor where she just was.

Despite his missed attack, the champion seemed calm. "Now do you see what I mean?" he challenged.

WC: 746
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosai 3/20/2012, 2:41 am

There was something more intense about Blackfire's aura, it was less controlled more... intimidating. In the back of his mind the Human Dynamo considered that this might be the reason he had yet to indulge in his normal antics with the saiyan girl. A small grin crossed his features as he recalled his (almost casual) infiltrations onto the Saiyan Flagship just to bother her.

What could he say, she was fun.

But right now, the situation was just... different, tense due to the God of Lightning speaking about plans from the 'Voracious Eaters'. Creatures that he had seen first hand on a few occasions. Monstrously powerful, nearly unstoppable... at least at his level. And apparently they were actually going for Planet Vegeta? That got Gosai's attention.

"Firey, I think you're forgetting a few factors." Gosai declared, itemizing the facts he had just heard, attempting to at least pretend he was well informed about the world around himself. "First and most importantly, It's only crazy if he tries it alone. And Skoll JUST told us their numbers are growing. On top of that, nobody expects an offensive against the most heavily guarded fortress... eliminate that, and the rest of the territory collapses around it. A single solid offensive against the saiyans... and everything that's ever hated them will launch an opportunistic attack."

His mind was still piecing together the various clues together. Vora, someone from the future? Marigai? That sounded vaguely saiyan; someone he knew? "Mind telling me a bit more about this chickey from the future?" But, Skoll and Blackfire seemed to be lost in their own debate, and the short attention span of the Human Dynamo caused him to return his attention to the battle between Shana and Mr. Chun.

The Old Master was playing a strong psychological game against Shana; taking advantage of her lack of aggression and her lack of experience. At this point, Gosai's power might have eclipsed the once 'Invincible Old Master's, but he was still the most experienced martial artist on this (and several other) planets.

"Heh, it seems to be my lot in life to orbit around powerful people." The Dynamo responded to Blackfire's explanation, a playful tease to his tone. "But yeah, she likes to go in physically, you prefer distance." He acknowledged. "Humans are... good at learning hand to hand. Ki manipulation doesn't come as naturally to us as it does to a saiyan or most other species for that matter. But, in exchange... we've become quite... diverse at this stuff."

As Kame Sen'nin's attacks shut down Shana's attempted offensive, Gosai spoke onc eagain. "If she pays attention to Roshi's training her skill will catch up to her power pretty quickly. She might even be stronger than you." He chuckled.
Gosai
Gosai
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shana 3/21/2012, 11:36 am

A pant escaped Shana's lips as she soared above the man who had somehow knocked her away like a fly. But as her brown eyes locked on Jackie Chun's dark sunglasses, a heavy blow crashed against her back. Though not painful by any means, it sent her back down to the ground.

"That was the afterimage technique," Shana's opponent said plainly as she recovered. "You're relying too much on your eyesight. Can't you sense Ki?"

"Of course I can!" Shana responded indigently.

"Then do so."

Shana gritted her teeth, and launched herself at her opponent yet again.

"I've seen her potential first hand," Blackfire answered, sounding grim. "I've never felt anything like it, actually. She can become even more powerful than me." The Saiyan frowned to herself. "I'm not even certain she's human," she chuckled after a pause.

Enough with the small chat, though... Skoll growled. It sounded as if he had gained no love for the wayward human standing before his host. Are you here to stick around this time? he asked scathingly, Or are you just going to meander off whenever you damned well please?

"Skoll..." Blackfire murmured as if she didn't really feel like chastising the angry deity. "He's not the enemy and I'll likely need all the allies I can get." She turned back to Gosai, quirking an eyebrow. "Marigai... you don't know her? She mentioned you. I don't know much about her; she doesn't talk about her past aside from the Voracious Eaters that took over. It's a Saiyan name, but I don't think she's Saiyan- not a full blooded one, anyway."

She's come from a bleak future... Skoll grunted grudgingly as if he was still sore about Gosai standing before his host. The Conclave has been defeated... The Voras have destroyed the entire galaxy. You've got to feel sorry for the kid. Even if she wanted to go back to her timeline, she has no future to go to...

"Well, whatever mistakes my future self made," Blackfire spoke carefully, "I'm not making them again."

This time, her blow landed. The man's sunglasses were sent flying off as the Vessel's tiny fist crashed against the side of Jackie Chun's face. Her brief pride was swallowed up as the older man grabbed her wrist and tossed her over his shoulder in a single clean movement. Blood had seeped out of the corner of his mouth and ran down his bearded chin, yet he seemed not ready to bend over to the massive power behind the blow just yet.

"You have all that power," he said as Shana managed to twist in mid-air to land on the arena floor once more. "Most people can't bring that out through a lifetime of training. And you have it without that hard work. Well, we're going to change that soon..."

Shana narrowed her eyes. That was an odd thing for the man to say. She didn't even know him! But before she could renew her attack, the force of her last blow seemed to take her foe down. He suddenly collapsed with a groan. The crowd was shocked into silence.

"Amazing! With a single blow, the champion has fallen! Shana is the new champion!" The crowd roared in enthusiasm, but Shana only felt apprehension thick enough to choke on. By the silence Okibi had taken, Shana knew that the elemental deity wasn't thrilled with her show either. To the audience, the tiny human wonder had defeated the champion in a single hit. But she knew... Okibi knew... Just how hard it had been for her to land that blow.

Word of Shana: 599/3717
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gosai 3/22/2012, 2:19 am

"Is that a bit of saiyan specieism in your tone, Firey?" Gosai asked rhetorically at the idea that Shana wasn't entirely human. Though he did have to take into account that it was technically true, given that as a Vessel she would eventually become a Demi-Goddess. Which would make her something else entirely. Either way, his tone remained jovial. He'd encountered too few friends of late.

But, of course, Skoll had felt the need to interrupt the discussion Gosai was indulging in. "Eesh, can't you ever let me be happy, Skoll?" The boy inquired with a roll of his eyes. "And I don't 'meander off'." He countered with slight annoyance. "It happened that we had divergent goals and each followed them in different directions. Frankly, I'd have thought you of all beings would enjoy the time without me around."

But, he'd trailed off again as Marigai was explained to him. A saiyan name for a non-saiyan. An alternate future with a devastated galaxy. It seemed too fantastical, too science fiction. The Conclave beaten? He'd sensed Alexstrasza's powers, had witnessed the potency of Blackfire's Super Saiyan transformation and had battled Skoll on numerous occasions. Add Shana and Tork'thal to that mix and...

But, neither Skoll nor Blackfire seemed to be questioning it. Was he just more suspicious? Or did they know something he didn't? Either way, it sounded bad. And, well, he was a hero. Shouldn't he be fighting the 'bad things'.

The boy was growing lost in his own thoughts again, but the smack of flesh on flesh brought him back to reality. Shana had landed her blow upon Jackie Chun, the disguised Master Roshi. From what little snippets of conversation the dark haired youth could make out... it seemed her real training was soon to start.

"You know I'm always willing to help someone in need, Firey." Gosai asserted at last. "If you need me, I'm sure you can find a way to call me. Skoll can probably talk to South Kai if it comes to me being unavailable."

He hesitated for a moment. "If these things put a stopper on the whole galaxy in one timeline... I must've tried to fight them and screwed up somewhere. I figure I'll stick around with Roshi, resume my own training and see if we can't put a fine edge on our new recruit and the burning fires of her youth." Gosai finished with a smile.

"So, how do saiyans pur a seal on agreements?"
Gosai
Gosai
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down