Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Turtle Hermit

Go down

The Turtle Hermit Empty The Turtle Hermit

Post by Zangya 4/24/2012, 8:56 am

The Turtle Hermit

Easy Quest

Requirement: None

Reward: 1,000 zeni and 10 Hero Points

You are looking to step your training up a notch and seek to be a pupil of the legendary Master Roshi. Upon arriving at his small island, you find the venerable teacher is depressed. His last student abandoned his training regime and Roshi thinks himself a washed up teacher. Seek out his previous student, find out why he quit, and bring Roshi's morale up once again.

Note: My first quest, yay
-----------------------------

The dethroned princess had to step-up her training. Sure, she was doing fairly well on her own but she wasn’t getting strong enough. She had a plan, a mission, a goal; she wanted to go back to her home planet (she could only hope they hadn’t killed everything and everyone on it) and take it back for, whatever’s left of, her people. But she wasn’t getting strong enough fast enough. She would go to the wastelands and she would train nonstop on her own for days, for weeks. She would bathe herself in the nearby stream, and she would catch wild animals for her food; which really, wasn’t exactly her idea of fun. She was a princess damn it. She shouldn’t be doing any of this; she should be at home, in her palace, with her maids, spending time with her mother before she ascended to the throne.

But, she had to be honest, camping out at night beneath the stars and seeing the large round fat moon, and feeling the cool breezes at night wasn’t too bad. But she wasn’t there to have fun, or enjoy the moon or the twinkling stars, or the whispering sound of the nearby river as she drifted off to sleep every night after hours of training. She was there to get stronger, to get faster, and to get better.

It was by sheer happenstance that Zangya even learned of the ‘legendary Master Roshi.’ She had gone to a nearby town to get some supplies, when she heard some people talking about the so called legendary trainer, a man who went by the name of Master Roshi. Immediately her interest was sparked, she had to go train with this man. She wouldn’t take no for answer, she had to train under him and get stronger. If it meant getting strong enough to beat the army who had conquered her world then she would train under anyone, even if it meant training under some earthling with a rather sour reputation; even if it didn’t seem to stop people from calling him ‘legendary.’

So, after stopping the two men, and asking them quite a lot of questions in regards to Master Roshi, she was told where he lived; apparently he stayed in a small pink house with a red roof on a small island in the middle of the ocean. Once she was given the directions to the old man’s personal oasis she took off in the direction she was pointed. She had no time to waste, she wanted to find the old man and ask him to train her.

Now, the flight to the house wasn’t too bad. She actually liked it. She took an extra bit of time just to enjoy the scenery. The ocean was a crisp blue-green, the sky was a beautifully clear bright blue (yes, yes, sky blue, ha), and the clouds, the fat puffy things lazily floating by, worked as a perfect reference to differentiate between the expansive seemingly endless ocean and the beautiful sky above it. As she flew over the water, she would see large shadows swimming beneath the waters, and could only guess they were massive whales, or fish. She also spotted her own reflection, and noticed she was maturing quite nicely.

Flying down close to the water, she enjoyed the way the water parted around her, as it seemed to just split open, and rise around her, creating two parallel waters of splashing rising water on either side of her. The large walls of water rose on either side of her, sending clouds of mist through the air; which in turn caused many rainbows to arc through the air as light filtered through the crystal clear droplets of water. Once she lifted herself up and back high into the air, the two tall walls of water broke. They became weak waves, reaching a peak, and then rumbling forward, and smashing down back down, closing the opening she had created in the ocean.

The small island was rather hard to find, not surprisingly, considering its geographical position and size. But once she spotted the house, she made a beeline for it. The house was, as was described, a small two-story home, painted fully in pink, with a red roof, and a single dormer. The house had one bay window on one side, and was flanked by tall slightly curved palm trees. The words “KAME HOUSE” were proudly and prominently stamped on the front of the house in dark red blocky letters, to make it clear to anyone, and everyone, who managed to find the house that this was in fact KAME HOUSE, the abode of Master Roshi.

It was peaceful there. The whole way to the island, Zangya had questioned why someone would want to live in a tiny house in the middle of nowhere with little communication with the outside world; now, as she landed on the beach and felt the cool salty breeze tickle against her, she could see why. It was so peaceful there. All she heard was the lapping of the waves and the soft cawing calls of the seagulls feeding in the sea not far off to the west. No car horns, no people yammering on cell phones, no loud obnoxious music, just peace and quiet; it reminded her of the comfortable camp she had built for herself in the wastelands, but with a nicer view.

Slowly walking up to the front door of the house, she was surprised when she saw it open and trudging out was a small figure. It took her a second to realize this was Master Roshi. The person that stepped out was old. He was an elderly man with a smooth bald head, and a slightly curved back due to wearing a heavy turtle shell on his back. He had on a pair of sunglasses, and upon seeing her, standing there not far from the front steps to his house, he halted in his tracks.

He stared at her for a moment, she could almost feel his eyes running up and down her body like hot lasers and it felt rather uncomfortable. Next thing she knows, the old man was practically in front of her, all but leaning in to stare at her bust as she stared at him with an arched brow. “Are you Roshi?”

He seemed to snap out of his cleavage fantasies and stared up at her, “Oh, yes, yes I am my dear. Why did you come all the way out here? Unless that is you heard about me and wanted to become my wife.” He gave a lecherous grin as he stared at her.

Amazing to think this was the legendary teacher, or so the thought ran through her mind as she stared at him. “I’m here for training.”

That seemed to get a different reaction, “Oh.” He seemed to slump his shoulders. He turned and walked away, sitting down on a lawn chair that was under the shade of a palm tree. “Sorry, I’m not training anyone right now; I’m kind of in a funk.”

A funk? She needed his training and he was in a funk? She walked over to him, “Is there anything I can do to help you get out of it?”

“Oh its nothing, one of my pupils left and I guess it just threw me off my game. Maybe I’m not that good of a teacher after all.” He mumbled softly as he reclined back. There was something particularly pathetic about seeing that, a grown man slumping down like that; like a child who’s had his favorite fire truck taken away.

“I’ll go find your pupil and ask why.” The woman nodded. If it helped the old coot, and it helped her get training, she would do whatever it takes to get him out of this funk.

The old man peered over at her, as if assessing if she were serious, then, seeing she was, gave her the information on his old pupil. Once she had this information, she flew off the island, and headed in the direction of the pupil’s address. They lived in the nearby city. It wasn’t hard to find them, the old man was meticulous in his information gathering, and once she arrived, it only took an hour to locate the person.

His old pupil had been an attractive young woman, who had gone to his island for training. But the old man, according to her stories, spent more time ogling her chest and less time training her. For the most part, all he wanted to do was try to get her into a skintight spandex uniform and make her perform leg-lifts like the women on his favorite exercise program.

Returning to the old man’s small pink house didn’t take quite as long this time, especially since now she knew how to find it. Once she landed on the beach, she saw the old man hadn’t moved an inch since she left. So walking over, she told him what she had been told, and he peeked over at her, “It’s not because you’re a washed up teacher. It’s because you’re a lecherous old man. Now stop being a baby and get up and train me.”

The old man blinked and stood up.

“You want a woman to like you? Be a man and move on.” It was a bit harsh but it was the truth. And he seemed to accept it as he looked her over again. That or he just decided she was far more attractive than his last pupil was, so why bother crying over spilled milk when someone far better just waltzed onto his doorstep?

Words: 1,617
Zangya
Zangya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down