Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ava's Earth Quest 11 - Demons Below

Go down

Ava's Earth Quest 11 - Demons Below Empty Ava's Earth Quest 11 - Demons Below

Post by Ava 2/28/2012, 11:07 am

Demons Below

Easy Quest

Requirement: None

Reward: 1,000 zeni and +10 Hero Points

During your sleep you are visited by the Fortune Teller Baba, who hovers on her mysterious crystal ball. She asks for your help, promising you will be rewarded handsomely. Within a cave deep beneath the frigid cold Northern Mountains lies an old gateway to Other World. Baba had a vision of a girl possessed by demons going to open the gate. Head into the depths to investigate and seal the gateway before demons pour in from Other World.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ava had not trained at all since her last little event. She seemed to have had lost her will to fight. She was ashamed to be a Saiyan.
Kaval had told her repeatedly that Oren was known for his ruthlessness, but she didn’t care. He should have showed more respect for his sister.

She was lying in her bed, tossing and turning. Those last words he said to her, played over and over in her head. Just as she drifted off, she heard his voice again.

“No Saiyan woman is as weak as you are. Goodbye sister.” He said.

She jerked awake, shooting up in bed, sweating and scared.

She looked around wildly, looking specifically in the dark corner of her room. She was breathing heavily, but also too afraid to breathe.

After a few seconds, she realized she was alone in her room, high above the world sleeping below. She lay back down and stared at the ceiling. Not one day had passed without her thinking of Oren.
He had scarred her so severally; she didn’t even want to use any of her powers, fearing she would become an animal like him.

She started to drift off again and this time, she slept peacefully, well, as peacefully as she could.

She hadn’t dreamed at all since her encounter, only nightmares.

But tonight was different.

She was walking beside a lake surround by huge, ancient trees. It was quiet and peaceful. There were light mists shrouding the lake and forest, just hanging over it, moving ever so slightly. She smiled and saw two swans swimming happily through the water.

What was this place? Was she dreaming, finally? She didn’t really care. This place is where she needed to be right now. She had some soul searching to do.

“That will have to wait, my dear.” She heard someone say to her.

She looked around, and saw no one.

“Hello… who’s there?” Ava said, her voice echoing wearily.

The voice was kind and feminine.
Suddenly she saw something moving over the water, hovering towards her.

She moved into her starting pose and watched as the thing hovered closer to her.

“No need for that dear, I won’t hurt you.” And old woman sitting atop a viewing crystal said to her. She was wrinkled and wearing all black robes, with a black witch’s hat atop her pink hair.

“Don’t be offended if I don’t believe you.” She said to her, not moving.

“My name is Fortune Teller Baba. You can call me Baba.” The old woman smiled at Ava.

“Avalonia.” She replied to her.
“What do you want, get out of my dream.” Ava threatened her, still not moving.

“Your dream, my dear, this is my astral plain. I called you here. I have a very important mission for you.” Baba smiled at her.

Ava frowned at her.

“Why not tell Kami to tell me?” Ava asked her.

“I’m afraid; you are the only person I can trust right now.” Baba smiled.

Ava looked the old woman up and down. If it came down to a fight, Ava reckoned she could take her.
She moved back, standing normally, facing the woman.

“I’m listening…” Ava said, still weary.

“I need your help.” Baba said, floating closer to her.
“You will be handsomely rewarded, I assure you.” Baba added.

Ava shifted her weight, folding her arms over her chest.

“Okay…” Ava told her.

“Deep within a cave deep beneath the Northern Mountains lies the old gateway to Other World.” She began to explain.
“I had a vision,” Ava stopped.

Ava watched in suspense.

“Okay, well go on.” Ava urged her on.

“A girl… possessed by evil demons is going to open the gate, if not stopped.” Baba told her.

Ava could see where this was going.

“And you want me to stop her.” Ava smiled.

“No.” Baba told her and Ava’s face fell.
“Not exactly.” Baba added.
“I need you to go to the entrance of the gate and make sure it’s sealed up good and tight.” Baba elaborated.

“Or else what will happen?” Ava asked her.

“Every demon that has ever been killed will come waltzing through that gate and they will overrun this plain.” Baba explained.
“There are many more dead than living.” She told Ava.

Ava frowned at her and began to walk around.

“And the girl, what if she shows up?” Ava asked her.

“Well, Ava, then I ask you to put the safety of the universe at the forefront of your mind…” Baba began.
“And kill her.” she finished.

“Kill… her… I’ve only ever killed one person…” Ava remembered when she fought one of Chiller’s minions on Namek.
“And never an innocent human…” she said, looking at Baba.

“The demons aren’t innocent. I assure you.” Baba told her.
“If you don’t kill her, then the demons will possess you, being stronger than her. But if you kill her with the demons, they die with her.” Baba explained.

“I…I understand.” Ava whispered.

“Please hurry. There is little time to waste.” Baba said, disappearing back over the lake.

Ava watched her leave and sighed. This place was so peaceful. Couldn’t she just stay here?

She sighed and began to wake herself up from the dream.

Her eyes shot open and she sat up slowly, rubbing her forehead.
She sighed. Yet another task. She got up out of bed and got dressed into her battle suit and armour. She swung her backpack onto her back and slipped her shell over it.
It was still dark outside. She went to the kitchen and had breakfast. She packed her bags with some food, anticipating a long stay or huge battle.

She walked out of her room with all her things. She looked back at the house as she edged closer to the end of Kami’s Lookout. She thought that she should at least leave him a letter. She walked back and wrote him a letter, explaining her absence.

“Kami…There is some thing I have to do. Be back later. Ava.” She wrote.

She folded up the letter and walked to Mr. Popo’s door. She slid the letter under his door and walked off.

She got to the edge of the Lookout and jumped off the edge.
She took off in the direction Baba had told her, north.

Kami and Mr. Popo came out and watched as her flight stream dissipated.
“Will she past this last test, Kami?” Mr. Popo asked him.

“She better. She is out last line of defence at this stage.” Kami sighed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few hours of flying, the temperature dropped suddenly. Ava shivered, but she powered up and flew on.

She came to a blizzard’s edge and stopped. She looked deep into the dark clouds and smiled. She powered up and flew right into the heart of the storm.
She was thrown around and battered in the blizzard, unable to keep her bearings, so she decided to land and go the rest of the way on foot.
She landed and looked up at a dark ominous shadow ahead of her. She shielded her eyes and looked closer. It was a huge mountain.

She smiled, it was cold, and north, and it was a mountain. She had reached her destination. Now she just needed to find the cave.

“Another cave…” she said, to herself, taking off and flying towards it just above the snow.

She reached the base of the mountain and began to fly around it. On the opposite side of where she had first seen it, she found a huge cave, sheltered from the gale force winds howling from the other side. She landed and looked at it. She tried to look in but it was dark and there was no light. She walked towards it, heading up the snow covered hill. She stepped into the cave, and out of the skin blistering wind.

She looked around, wiping the snow flakes out of her hair and face. She looked around. The rock was exposed and dark. The snow that had blown into the cave had melted, and frozen over again, leaving a thin layer of slippery ice over the floor of the cave.

She walked in deeper; trying to find the entrance to Other World Baba was talking about.

She rounded and corner and stopped suddenly. A few meters in front of her, was huge silver door. There were carvings on it with a strange language inscribed into the silver. She walked up to it and lifted her hand, laying it solemnly on the metal. She pulled her hand away and the skin stuck to it slightly, it was so cold.

She looked at her hand and then back up at the door. It was at least 100 meters high.
This is what she needed to protect and keep sealed up good and tight. She walked over to the seal in the centre of the door. She looked at the round metal seal. It was unbroken and still intact.
She nodded, turned and walked away, heading back to the entrance.

She found a few pieces of wood lying deep within the cave. She picked them up as she walked and broke them into pieces. She laid them on the ground, and packed stones around them. She stood back and fired a small ki ball into the pile of wood, lighting it instantly.
She took of her shell and backpack, laid the shell down on the ground beside the fire and sat inside it, off the icy floor.
Now, she needed to wait for the girl.

The day faded into night and the temperature dropped even more. Ava found herself having to curl up in her shell and cover herself with her backpack to try and stay warm. She started sending ki to the extremities of her body, for fear of frost bite.

The next morning, she awoke to a sound on the outside of the cave.
She sat up and looked out. There standing in the snow, was a little girl with white hair and pale skin. She had ice blue eyes and she was flanked by two huge men.

“This is the place, master.” One man said to the little girl.

“Good. Go in and see if it’s clear.” She ordered the two men.

Ava got up and got into her starting pose. The men walked into the cave, in their fully equipped snow hiking gear. Ava smiled and realised they were still wearing their goggles as they walked in.

She launched at them. She hit the first man in the belly. He doubled over forward and she slammed her elbow into his back, sending him crashing into the icy floor. She looked over at the other man, who had a gun pointed at her. She stood up and smiled at him.

“Lead can’t kill me.” she said, flying towards him.

She ripped the gun out of his hand crushed it in hers, the little pieces of metal falling to the floor. She swept his feet out from under him and flitted above him. She slammed her feet into his chest, pummelling him to the ground.

“Is it all clear?” the girl shouted into the cave.

These men were merely human. The girl was the powerful one. Ava stepped off the man and walked out towards the girl.

The girl watched as a shadow appeared in the cave and walked out towards her. She stepped back and gasped as Ava appeared in front of her, her hair and tail blowing wildly in the storm. Ava looked down at her and smiled.

“This was a bad idea.” She said to the girl.

The girl gasped as Ava flew at her, her hand outstretched for her throat. The girl’s eye changed from ice blue to black from lid to lid and she threw up her hand, forming a green shield of ki. Ava punched at it, unable to break through it.
She jumped back and held out her hand.

“Block this.” Ava said, as five little balls of ki formed on her fingertips. She shot them out at the shield and watched. The shield began to deteriorate where the balls had hit it.

She smiled and launched another attack at it, and another, and another.
The more blasts the shield took, the further back the girl was pushed into the snow.
With the final ball, she fell over backwards into the fresh powdery snow. Ava smiled and walked up to her.

She stood over the girl and put her hands on her hips.

“I’ve been ordered to kill you.” She said to the girl.

“But why, I’m only doing what you told me to.” the girl said, lifting herself up out of the snow.

Ava wasn’t falling for that one.

“Try another game. That one’s getting old.” She smiled at her.

“No, seriously. You came to me in my sleep, in your Great Ape form. You told me that you would meet me here. To open the gate.” The girl told her.

“Really, then what is my name?” Ava quizzed her, folding her arms over her chest.

“Avalonia, Ava for short.” The girl smiled.
“Your Saiyan name is Kusha.” She added.

Ava was shocked. She unfolded her arms and stepped back.

“You, follow my orders?” Ava asked her.

The girl nodded.

“Okay… well… then I command you to go home and forget this ever happened.” Ava stuttered.

“You said to me that you would try and stop me. But that I should open that gate, at any cost.” The girl said, rushing past Ava, who was still in shock.

She turned and rushed after the girl.

“STOP!” Ava shouted after her.

She then saw that the girl had made a platform of green ki and was flying towards the door. She powered up and took off after her.

She rounded the corner and saw the girl standing in front of the door and it was glowing green, due to her chanting.
Ava landed and walked up to the girl.

“Please stop, you have no idea what you’re doing.” Ava walked up to beside her.

“Freeing your mother and father…” the girl said to her.

“Mom… and Dad…” Ava looked at the door.

But then she remembered the monster her brother was. If they were anything like him, she needed to stay in Other World.

“They are there for a reason. Their time is over. Now, is my time.” Ava said to her and the girl stopped her chanting.

“But you said you to wanted to know them?” the girl said.

“And I will, when I die. But until then, they need to stay dead and I need to live.” She said, kneeling down to face the little girl.
“If you open this gate. The dead will overrun us, and we will all die. Then, Earth will become hell.” She added.

The little girl smiled at her.

“I agree.” She said.

Ava smiled, she didn’t have to kill the girl after all, but she had forgotten what Baba had told her.

The demons can choose a new host.

Suddenly the little girl fell down, screaming and writhing in pain.

“What…. What?” Ava shouted, trying to find out what was hurting her.

“They’re coming out… get away…” the girl huffed, clawing at her neck, leaving long red streaks of blood blisters on her skin.
“RUN!” the girl shouted, just before black smoke came pouring out of her mouth.

Ava stood up and stepped back as the smoke engulfed the chamber.
It was so thick and putrid, that it stung her eyes and nose. She coughed and covered her mouth as the smoked stopped moving suddenly and rushed at her. She powered up, hoping that her ki would ward it off.

She was wrong.

She felt something clawing at her mouth, forcing it open. She grasped out at the smoke but she couldn’t grab it.
She felt it fill her mouth and plunge down her throat.
She fell over forward, coughing and choking on the smoke.
She felt it reached her ki core and pierce into it, engulfing it and turning the white pool black.
She screamed as what she thought was hot coals run through her veins and body, ending at her heart, poisoning it.

It stopped.

Everything stopped and the chamber fell silent again. Ava was breathing hard and sweating from the power ups. She smiled and looked at her hands.

“This body is a much better fit for us.” She said in a demonic version of her own voice.
She stood up and looked at the door.

“Now. Let’s continue, shall we…” Ava said, beginning to chant.

She said the chant in full, and then started again.

She felt something grab her leg and she looked down to see the little girl holding onto her leg.

“Fight them, you need to fight them…” she said, looking up at Ava, with tears in her eyes.

“Get away from me.” Ava said, kicking the girl across the room.

Suddenly there was a cracking sound in Ava’s head and she winced.

She reached up and touched her head.

“Stop fighting it Saiyan. We have you.” She said in her demon voice.

“Not while I can help it.” she said, in her normal voice.

She powered up, wanting to chase them out of her body.
She flew up and powered up to the edge of her limit, staying there, burning through the demon smoke in her own body. The little girl looked up and saw her hair colour changed at the roots. It turned gold, and stayed gold. Her eyes flashed into green with no pupils. She saw her ki rings turn gold as Ava pushed the demons back.

As the girl watched the demons streamed out of Ava’s mouth and filled the chamber again. Ava saw them leave and she smiled. She screamed harder then.

The gold ki shot out from her, slamming the smoke against the chamber walls, shaking the chamber violently, holding them there. They began to heat up and burn away in a few spots. Ava held her energy at the edge of her limit, burning the demons into nothing but ashes falling the floor of the chamber.

When the last of the smoke was ash, she stopped and fell forward onto her hands, breathing hard. She closed her eyes. What was the point of all of this? To prove that she could be evil. Why had Baba sent her here, only to get possessed?
She looked over at the girl as she stood up.

“Well done.” The girl said to her.
“You’re stronger than I was.” She said, walking up to Ava.
“Th… thanks….” Ava shivered.

“I need to get you home.” Ava said, looking at the little girl.
“Don’t worry; those two guys you beat up will get me home.” The girl smiled as Ava stood and braced herself against the wall of the chamber.

Ava looked at the door and stood up right. She walked to the centre and held out her hand.

“One more thing.” She said, blasted at the top of it.
She ran her blast down the centre of the door, welding it closed.
She stopped at the floor and smiled.

“Now this can never happen again.” she said, looking at the girl, but she was gone.

She looked around but she was gone. Ava shrugged, and took one more look at the door. She turned and walked to towards the exit.

The two men she had beat up were gone too. She gathered up her things and she left, not noticing that there were no foot prints leading out of the cave.

She made her way back to Kami’s Lookout, where Baba, Kami and Mr. Popo were waiting for her. She landed and looked at Baba.

“It’s done. And I sealed up the door so it can never happen again.” Ava said to her.

“Well done.” Baba smiled as Ava went off to get some sleep.

She turned and looked at Baba.

“What happened to the girl?” Ava asked her.

“What girl?” Baba smiled.

Ava smiled, confused and walked off.

“She was the demon all along, wasn’t she?” Kami asked Baba.

“Yes.” Baba said to him.
“Her power is growing so exponentially, that her evil side is surfacing faster than I expected.” Baba explained.
“We need to try and stop it.” she added.

“She’s a Saiyan. There is no stopping her true nature.” Kami sighed.
----------------------------------------------------------------
END
----------------------------------------------------------------

Quest Status - Completed
WC - 3414
Ava
Ava
Former Member
Former Member

http://magnaangel.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down