Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building New Ties (Sairai and Izon)

2 posters

Go down

Building New Ties (Sairai and Izon) Empty Building New Ties (Sairai and Izon)

Post by Sairai 4/23/2012, 2:52 am

West City… what a load. This place isn’t exactly what I’d call pleasant to stick around. There’s a sense of defeat, of darkness hanging over the city. It really isn’t much different from being back on Frieza #79, not much different at all, Sairai thought to himself as he hoofed it out of the city, planning to leave as much distance between himself and the city limits as possible. When he was presumably out of view of anyone watching the skyline, he took off and began flying. He was about to leave tracks toward East City when he noticed something not too far off in the distance. It looked like a giant hole in the ground.

“Huh… Wonder what’s going on over there,” he wondered aloud, once again falling to his trait of talking to himself. He decided a quick visit couldn’t hurt and flew toward it, dropping to the ground just out of site of the people nearby. He walked up casually, and noticed that there was a lot of heavy equipment being used there, construction equipment, if he had any sense about how things were built around here. He paused for a moment to scratch his chin. There was ample proof that someone was building something on this land. He still couldn’t tell who would need a whole this deep to house a building, unless this was some kind of new type of building, like an inverted skyscraper or something.

He took careful stock of what was going on around him, as to avoid getting hurt by any of the machines that were currently in operation, as he looked around, trying his best not to get too close to the hole, lest he fall into some kind of bottomless pit. He knew it was just his nerves getting the best of him, but he still felt as though if he fell in he’d never get out.

Looking around, he tried to wave down some of the workers to find out who he could ask about this thing, but no one seemed to pay him any heed. They were far too worried about their jobs. When someone finally did seem to pay attention to him, they merely ushered him out of the way and said, “This really isn’t the best time to be showing up around here… uh… whoever you are. Our boss is here checking up on our work and we do not want to disappoint him.”

Sairai raised a brow at those words and shrugged, deciding that asking someone wasn’t going to be much help. He levitated himself slightly up in the air, above the reach of most of the equipment with the exception of a large crane near the hole, and began looking around on his own, seeing who looked out of place among these workers. Eventually, he did see something that piqued his interest. A man in what appeared to be a business suit was conversing with what he had to guess was the foreman. He floated down to earth near them and walked toward them, a friendly yet curious smile on his face.

WC: 519
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 61
Race: Changeling

http://www.infinitedbz.com/t636-sairai-the-soft-hearted

Back to top Go down

Building New Ties (Sairai and Izon) Empty Re: Building New Ties (Sairai and Izon)

Post by Izon 4/23/2012, 2:03 pm

Ian had been given a couple days of his training with Shen. It was a good thing as Ian felt like his legs were going to give out. Standing there, waving his arms around, barking orders to the construction crews, it itself was more tiring than he remembered.

Right now though, he had to act tough. Had to be the boss. He was working with the foreman. The plans the architect had drawn up was possible, but they were running into issue. The adamantine coated walls were delayed due to some shortage. Overall, a few weeks in and it's already delayed by about two months. This did not put Ian in a good mood to say the least.

"Sir. Someone's coming."

Ian looked to where Cira was looking. It was Frieza. Or rather someone who resembled him. Different colors. Either way, same race which he had learned through research were changelings. Most of them had some work in the PTO which meant, this was his chance to make yet another friend within the PTO, especially since Frieza hadn't gotten back to him in awhile.

Ian returned his smile. "Good afternoon. I am Ian Lancaster. How may I help you?"

WC:202
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 56
Race: Demon

Back to top Go down

Building New Ties (Sairai and Izon) Empty Re: Building New Ties (Sairai and Izon)

Post by Sairai 4/24/2012, 9:53 am

Sairai was delighted to see that he was actually fairly well received by the man, and he wasn’t shunned as he thought he would be, or chased off. He looked up at the taller man with a slightly curious expression on his face.

“I was visiting West City and saw this… well, this giant hole in the ground.” He thought about mentioning the fact that West City was far from his favorite place on Earth so far before thinking better of it. He did not want to offend the man he had just come to meet. “My name is Sairai. I’m… not exactly from this planet, but I have come to Earth and made a home here, nonetheless.”

The young man scratched the back of his head with one hand while looking up at the sky. “To be honest, the only reason I came out here was because I was curious. This seemed like something to keep me distracted before I headed back toward East City. I apologize if I’m causing any difficulty by taking up your time.”

The Changeling martial artist looked over toward the hole once more before wondering aloud, “I still can’t make heads or tails about why someone would need to build something so far underground. Even most bunkers are no more than ten stories deep.” He then noticed he’d been talking and turned back to the man, Ian Lancaster. “My apologies. I do not mean to insult your building methods. I’m just… curious.”

WC: 248
TWC: 767
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 4/25/2012, 3:47 pm

Ian was happy to see a changeling actually interested in his work. It's kinda interesting that a changeling didn't have the arrogance that Frieza did. It was a bit of a breath of fresh air. Ian was more than happy to explain what he was doing.

"This isiteis a site for those who like to train. I'm building a massive complex to warriors, much like yourself to train at. They will be warriors who work for me. I'm building a trading company and opening up trade between the different planets in our galaxy. Unfortunately, there are shady people out there that would seek to pirate or disrupt that dream. So I am hiring warriors who can help protect those supply lines."

He looked out over the site, standing on the very edge. "With who is going to be using this facility, it's gonna be best to use the ground to help strengthen the walls. That and other technology that can hold up against what these guys can throw. The also need lots of space. So I'm providing as much space as I can. As a matter of fact, the building is at the edge of the land I purchased. There's about a twenty foot buffer or so. Then it's about two hundred feet out the front here to where the property ends. It's meant to give several warriors as much room as possible to train. It's also living quarters. So I need space for them to live in. They will be modest accommodations. And it's close to my estate, so I can get here to visit them rather frequently if need be."

Ian didn't care if this guy was a spy or anything. Who would come and attack a building full of trained killers? No one in their right mind. "We are still hiring if you'd like to join us. Free travel, free training when it's complete. Other warriors to train with. Even the health care will be top notch."

WC:344
TWC:546
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairai 4/25/2012, 5:38 pm

The idea was intriguing, Sairai had to admit. He really did need a decent place to train in and some decent adversaries to train against, but he wasn’t exactly looking to leave Earth quite yet. He thought about it for a moment, scratching his chin as he did so. All of this seemed all well and good, but it must have cost Izon a lot of zeni to build a base like this. He must deal in some really high end products to go to these lengths to protect his goods.

For a moment Sairai was reminded of King Cold and shuddered, but then assured himself that no human could possibly be in the same line of business as the Planet Trade Organization. He straightened himself back out for a moment before he responded to the man. “I would be happy to ally myself with you, but I’m afraid I’m not fit to be an interplanetary guard, at least not for the moment. I just settled down on Earth, and I really don’t want to have to leave planet again until I really have to.”

Picking his words carefully, he continued, “However, should something happen to cause your company or your men grief here on Earth, don’t hesitate to call on me. I live just outside of East City in a house by the river. I’m always willing to help out however I can, especially when it comes to those who would, ahem, harm the people of this planet.”

Sairai smiled at the man in a friendly manner, his eyes belying his good cheer. “I do hope one day you’ll allow me to come here and try training here. It looks most interesting.” The Changeling turned to the hole in the ground and took another crack at guessing how deep it could possibly be. An underground base for his own private militia that he will employ for the sheer purpose of making sure his goods are protected from the time when he sends them to when they arrive? This man certainly believes in customer loyalty. Wish I could say the same about King Cold. If his customers don’t pay because they didn’t get what they paid for, they get beaten half to death and then are made to pay anyway.

“It’s refreshing, I must admit, after having lived where I have for as long as I have, to see an upstanding businessman going to such lengths all on behalf of his customers.”

WC: 412
TWC: 1,179
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 4/28/2012, 4:41 pm

“I would be happy to ally myself with you, but I’m afraid I’m not fit to be an interplanetary guard, at least not for the moment. I just settled down on Earth, and I really don’t want to have to leave planet again until I really have to.” He paused a moment. “However, should something happen to cause your company or your men grief here on Earth, don’t hesitate to call on me. I live just outside of East City in a house by the river. I’m always willing to help out however I can, especially when it comes to those who would, ahem, harm the people of this planet.”

Ian watched as Sairai walked to the edge of the hole and looked down. This changeling was very different from Frieza. Frieza would just assume to destroy him and the planet. This changeling though, he could easily be manipulated like Ava. Allies was a good thing to have.

“I do hope one day you’ll allow me to come here and try training here. It looks most interesting. It’s refreshing, I must admit, after having lived where I have for as long as I have, to see an upstanding businessman going to such lengths all on behalf of his customers.”

Ian smiled. "Don't count me a saint yet. This is all about profit. But a happy customer means a repeat customer which means more business and money for me. When it comes to business, if the customers are happy, I'm happy, my business is happy, my employees are happy. What makes those customers happy is my employees. I make them happy, customers are happy and I'm happy and my business is happy. Those two things are the ground philosophy of my business. I would love to count you as an ally. Currently I'm surviving off one trade route and business on Kanassa. It's doing well, and one of the cities that was a desolate waste land is growing. But there's lots to do and it will take time. One day, I would like to call on you and have you work for me."

WC:358
TWC:904
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairai 4/28/2012, 9:03 pm

When Sairai heard him talking about it all being about profit, he turned around with a slight frown. It was true, though. Most businesses were focused on profit, why would this one be any exception? The way it was run, though, was a far cry from the way the Planet Trade Organization was. It was quite obvious from the outset that this particular company focused its efforts on its customers, instead of taking over and forcing a monopoly. Then again, this Ian person might have had a monopoly on the Planet Kanassa.

“Kanassa… Kanassa…” he said, tapping his chin. “I swear I’ve heard of that planet before…” Suddenly, he snapped his fingers. “I remember now. That was that world that threw off the PTO a few years ago. An impressive feat, if I do say so myself. So you have a trade route going through them? That’s interesting.”

Then Izon gave him a proposition to work for him if there ever came a need. The Changeling paused and considered for a moment, a look of thoughtfulness crossing his face. “I don’t see the harm in that. I’m always willing to lend a helping hand when there’s trouble. Alright, consider it a deal. I’ll be more than happy to do a little work for you sometime.”

The Changeling let a mischievous grin cross his face, “But, in exchange, I’d like access to your training area, so I can have some fun when I’m not out and about on other business.”

The Changeling walked up to the curious human and extended his hand. “If you can accept those terms, you’ve got yourself a deal.”

WC: 272
TWC: 1,451
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 4/29/2012, 2:47 pm

“If you can accept those terms, you’ve got yourself a deal.” The changeling extended his hand. Or her hand. One couldn't tell with their race.

Ian nodded and took his hand and shook. Another ally in this galaxy. This was improving things quite a bit. Now he just had to finish taking over Capsule Corp and he'd be set. He had a feeling though, if he learned he was trying to gain ties to the Planet Trade Organization, he'd be a bit upset. Strange, as he figured all Changelings had their hand in it. Guess this one didn't.

"I am glad we could become allies. Friends in this universe is one of the most important things which I do hope as we work together, you can count me as one of your friends." The offer of friendship, a method to show sincerity. Businessmen use it to obtain confidence in the one they're dealing with. Usually it took time to gain it, but the offer went a long ways. And the more naive they were to the whole thing, the further the offer went.

"I will let you know when this training facility is complete. As for Kanassa, there was a city that had become quite desolate. Water was a commodity, and food was scarce. I turned their manufacturing plant into a water house. I was able to find water about two hundred feet below the surface and run it through the building, cleaning it and distributing it to the people. The trade route is for water, clothing and various other luxurious items as what's life without a few spoils. It has been some time since I've gone back. So I'm only getting reports. I got it set up and had to come here."

"One of my other plans is to bring a Kanassan here to do what is called Soul Binding. I'm going to do it for those working under me. It's where they take spiritual energy and bind it to a piece of clothing or equipment. I've got one myself. It enhances a certain ability. Gives you insight into who's energy was bound. Like a warrior, you'd gain insight into how they had trained or fought. It's a very popular thing on Kanassa. Soon I'll have it available for all of those working for me. If you are interested, I will also let you know when that is available."

WC:415
TWC:1319
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairai 4/29/2012, 7:15 pm

The man seemed to take his deal rather well. After shaking hands with the Changeling, he went on to explain exactly what he was planning on doing. Spiritual forging, eh? Forging latent spiritual energy into a weapon or other piece of equipment to give the wielder special abilities? That does sound quite intriguing.

“I would love to give it a look. I’m not exactly the most well versed in the arena of spiritual energies, but I’d definitely like to take a look at what it’s like. As it is, my only forte lies in synthesizing items, which is why as soon as I had the money I bought one of those interstellar messenger robots to go and make the order for a synthesis machine,” he stopped himself short of finishing his reason for buying one. No matter how well meaning this man appeared to be, the project Sairai had bought the machine for would have to remain secret.

He decided to finish his explanation in as vague a way as possible, “I’m currently using it to recreate some of the comforts I had when I was still living on Planet Frieza #79. Items that personally, I can’t see how people on Earth live without. They make day to day living so much easier, after all.”

He closed his eyes for a moment before he looked up at Ian once more, a smile on his face. “If you ever have need of a certain… specialty item being made, I’d be happy to oblige as soon as I finish my own projects. If you can’t wait, the merchants on Frieza are a rather… unscrupulous bunch. They’ll sell to anyone who has the zeni to back up the purchase, even an outcast, so you should have no trouble at all acquiring one for yourself.”

The sky overhead was clear, but the sun was beginning to set on the construction project, and Sairai was far from home. It was probably already night out in East City. “Son of a… My apologies, Mr. Lancaster, I seem to have taken up too much of your time. I must be going home now. If you ever have need of me, just send someone out to East City. I’m pretty easy to find.”

With those parting words, Sairai ascended into the sky and took off back in the direction of East City. This trip has been fruitful after all. Seems I found someone who could use my brand of help and who doesn’t seem to be that bad of a guy, either.

WC: 424
TWC: 1,875

Last edited by Sairai on 4/30/2012, 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Izon 4/30/2012, 1:37 am

Ian nodded as he took to the sky. He had an ally. Another one. He wanted to make sure he had at least as many allies as he would enemies. God only knows what is down the road. Ian looked back at the foreman.

"Make sure we remain on schedule. Try and get ahead if possible. Let's look for alternatives if need be for supplies we don't have. I will try and reach out to other suppliers for the adamantine."

"Yessir. We should be able to get back on schedule once the adamantine arrives."

Ian nodded and walked back to the car. "Cira, reach out to Micah and Valik and see if they can search for any adamantine suppliers on kanassa. They've had much more contact with other species than humans."

"I believe there's an adamantine source at the south continent. We'll get miners there, or at least try and get someone there to make a deal. May I suggest if someone has claim, that we purchase them?"

"See, this is why you're my number two Cira. You have a business mind like me. Go ahead. If they agree to a meeting, we'll do a video conference. Make sure they're ready if need be. I'd prefer to meet in person, but there's too much going on here."

WC:227
TWC:1546
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down