Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Transformations

4 posters

Go down

Custom Transformations Empty Custom Transformations

Post by Ruurik 7/17/2012, 11:55 pm

So I heard that there may be a move for allowing custom transformations so I figured I'd try to help out with coming up with a template and suggestions for it's implementation. So I'll put an example template then go through and explain each section so it's nice and clear.

Transformation Name:
Transformation Type:
Transformation Level:
Description:
Requirements:
Effects:

Transformation Name: Pretty self-explanatory

Transformation Type: This is a bit more complicated but I figured that transformations break down into two basic types. Sustained/activated which is a transformation that an individual activates for a temporary boost of power and can be sustained for a specific period of time, or until the user runs out of energy. Good examples of these are Super Sayin transformation, Kyokida and even the Changeling transformations. The other type is a Permanent/Passive transformation. The Permanent/Passive transformations are transformations that are acheived and become the user's new base form, generally these transformations would grant less power then their temporary counterparts because of the fact that it becomes a new state of being. Good examples of Permanent/Passive transformations are the Super Namekian and the android upgrades.

Transformation Level: This is where you list what level of transformation is it the first second or third level of transformation for your character.

Description: Describe how the transformation changes your physical appearance or maybe even how your transformation works. Do you grow in size? Does your aura flare or change colors? Does your hair turn golden and your eyes turn blue? Etc.

Requirements: This is also pretty basic. Does your transformation require anything special before you can use it? Do you have to power up to one of your other forms before you can reach this one or maybe you require a moment of meditation to achieve your transformation? Here you should include how many actions it takes to power-up, if a Sustained/Activated transformation and what level you have to be before you can use the transformation.

Effects: This is the whole point of the transformation (unless you did it cause it makes your character more BA looking). Here is where you write in what stats are boosted by your transformation. Maybe a stat gets lowered by your transformation try to keep it balanced.

Okay so that's the template and the template explanation. Now here are some suggestions for implementation. First off choosing a limit on the number of transformations for a single character. I think three is a good number of transformations for a character you should allow character's to opt out of transformations if they'd like but it shouldn't make their other transformations more powerful. Also Custom transformations should be limited to races that don't already have transformations. Although I do think the androids should be allowed to customize their upgrade levels. So basically Sayins, Namekians, Changelings and Half-Sayins would be prevented from making custom transformations. Another idea would be for Staffers to decide what makes an acceptable boost to stats, My suggestion would be to Split it into two charts, one for Sustained/Activated Transformations and one for Permanant/Passive transformations. Have a limit for each based on what level the transformation is. This could also be made by an RPer if the staffers approve it having staffers do it was just a suggestion.
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 31
Race: Xeno

Back to top Go down

Custom Transformations Empty Re: Custom Transformations

Post by Tasuda 7/18/2012, 8:58 am

This is kind've what Empowerment and that transformation line is for. They all give the same boost but you can decide the look of your character. Like for Izon, he is a featureless black creature. While others may have something else. Like this character Tasuda, he's gonna become a bit more angelic.

Tasuda
Tasuda
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info
Level: 1
Race: Hybrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruurik 7/18/2012, 3:16 pm

True but this would allow players to take a more active role in their transformation progression and allows for more variation. Like I personally want my character to have a transformation that increases strength and endurance but reduces speed, similar in the bonuses of Kyokida but with different physical effects and intended for a non-namekian.
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 7/18/2012, 4:24 pm

Well, that's what Empowerment is. It is a custom transformation. That's why the name is so generic. I might eventually let you control which attributes are effected by transformations, but we'll see. I mean you have enough control as it is with your attribute points. If you stack strength, because of the percent boost, when you transform strength will be higher than the other stats.

The big transformations increase strength more so because of your size, but they also reduce agility. This is done because of their nature. The only odd ball is Shredder Form, which I did just because it looked like a more aggressive form to me, but that may or may not change, we'll see.
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruurik 7/18/2012, 4:39 pm

Alright then. I understand why stuff like kyokida works like it does and I was going to do something similar in a different way. If you don't want custom transformations though it's cool. I only brought it up because I had heard there was talk of bringing it in.
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 7/18/2012, 5:40 pm

But, there are custom transformations. That's what me and Izon are trying to tell you... lol
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilee 7/20/2012, 4:50 pm

I think he gets the idea that there are custom transformations, but it's custom in terms of appearance only, and not for every race in the game.

For instance, he can't have a transformation that would increase his size. Additionally, if he were a Saiyan, for instance, his transformations would have to be one of the Super Saiyan forms on the site. You can't set the stats that you gain for the transformations or how they work, which is what he'd like to do. Custom transformations for everyone wouldn't be a bad idea. Among other things, it would let me have a construct-style transformation (which is what I'd like) and allow Broly to get his Legendary Super Saiyan form if he wanted. It'd be a nice addition to the site and help with those of us who have custom characters in particular.
Eilee
Eilee
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 25
Race: Hybrid

http://www.kiyza.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content