Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Second Chance (Zanza V.S. Khaos)

2 posters

Go down

A Second Chance (Zanza V.S. Khaos) Empty A Second Chance (Zanza V.S. Khaos)

Post by Ruurik 7/23/2012, 8:39 pm

Atop Korin's Tower there was silence, it was a quiet place above the distractions of a busy city or even a small town. Plus the tower was out of the way so one hardly had to worry about being attacked here. Zanza liked it here, it was a nice palace to meditate, although the wind did cause it to get quite cold at this height on occasion. Zanza was wearing some newly purchased clothes, throwing away his now rather ratty pants. Next to Zanza rested two brand new swords he had purchased when he'd gone into the city to get these clothes. It felt good to have possessions again, Zanza having left all of them behind when he jumped through the portal to the Living World.

Zanza had been staying at Korin's tower since he'd recovered here, Korin had told him that Khaos had brought him here. Zanza owed his life to Khaos, then again Khaos had been the one who had nearly killed him. Zanza didn't begrudge Khaos for his defeat, Zanza had, had it coming as he had been the one to launch the first attack. Zanza likely would've killed Khaos if Khaos hadn't been so powerful so Zanza was really grateful that Khaos was kinder then himself.

That event had gotten Zanza thinking about what he should do with himself. Zanza was free now, free from the oppression of the makaioshin and free of the horrid duties placed on him by Ruurik. The only thing Zanza wasn't free of were his memories and the loss he felt. Zanza missed some of his life from Demon Realm, not the place or the life he led so much, but the people who had stood beside him there. Midura and Banren, Zanza wished they were here with him now, while they remained in demon realm so too would a part of Zanza and he'd never truly be able to enjoy his new found freedom.

Maybe Zanza could find himself a place in this realm though, maybe one day he could even a way to bring them here. Zanza didn't know how much Banren would like the living realm but he was pretty sure Midura would like it here. Zanza could imagine it now, him and Midura laying on a beach relaxing in the sun and just enjoying each others company. It was a happy thought, one that Zanza often thought of, however the thought was also slightly painful for Zanza knew it was unlikely to come to pass.

WC: 418

Last edited by Zanza on 7/25/2012, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 31
Race: Xeno

Back to top Go down

A Second Chance (Zanza V.S. Khaos) Empty Re: A Second Chance (Zanza V.S. Khaos)

Post by Khaos 7/25/2012, 4:13 pm

Khaos had just finished the Guardian's Trial quest on Kami's Look Out that was situated high above Korin's tower. After the trial he had gone unconscious and Kami and Popo had let him rest, trying to make sure he was as comfortable as possible, the toll wasn't on his body but on his mind. It had caused him to become mentally exhausted, controlling so much ki and not letting the demon inside out was harder on him than he would ever admit or any one else would realize.

During the trial he had realized the blood of Chaos the Lord of Darkness and Destruction, and Cosmos, the Queen of light ran through his veins. When he had just thought he was half shin, and half demon it had been hard enough to find a balance of the two, but with this new development, he had realized why he must stay the course of light. His mother, although she wasn't showing it, was growing weaker with all the warriors of chaos in the universe. This was running through his dreams, as he rested.

His dream switched to his past, when he had not known his destiny or true blood lines. He had been a destroyer of cities, and life as it existed. His father's blood had proved powerful in both life times, but last time it had completely took him over and caused his eventual demise. He had made some friends in this current life time, the one known as Alberdyne had seen his mother appear to them in the chamber. His thoughts weren't one hundred percent coherent as they were sometimes cloudy and always jumpy.

They jumped to the demon he had fought and almost killed not long ago, he had left him in the capable hands on Korin the cat healer of the planet, but he still worried. He hadn't meant to hurt him, but his hatred for his father had almost taken complete control, the demon's speech kept him from losing himself completely. In short he owed the demon everything, he would help the demon in any way possible, and he had hopefully ensured his survival after the battle.

Khaos awoke with a start, the sun was down, and Mr.Popo and Kami were no where to be seen. He tried to stand but it was more difficult than he thought it would be, there was no telling how long he had rested, but it wasn't near long enough, he still felt weak. As he managed to gain his feet, he was wobbly and the platform spun briefly, he hadn't felt like this since he had been killed and then reborn last time.

Once the dizziness passed he concentrated and managed to take flight, he was careful and slow moving but he flew towards Korin's tower. He wanted to check on the demon he had wounded. He flew through some of the clouds surrounding the tower and its base, the water condensation refreshed him, making him feel more like his normal self as he floated towards Korin's. He was still going slow, taking in the night sky, the sounds, and of course trying not to disturb any sleepers, he didn't know the time of day after all.

He finally landed on the Tower and started tending the garden, he figured he would repay Korin by helping him out, since he was fathomably sleeping, Khaos would tend to the senzu beans until he or the demon awoke and approached him.

WC 583
Khaos
Khaos
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 38
Race: Hybrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruurik 7/25/2012, 7:29 pm

Zanza enjoyed meditation it was a nice way to center himself and gather his thoughts. Zanza didn't used to do much meditation back in demon realm, Ruurik disliked it and rarely allowed him time for it. When serving Ruurik, Zanza had needed to make his own time for meditation and the added stress of trying to force it in often ruined the quality of the meditation. It had actually been Banren who had introduced Zanza to meditation, something those who had seen Banren found peculiar. That one of the most intimidating and fearsome demons in Demon Realm was a fan of the peaceful art of meditation. Zanza knew that there was much people didn't know about Banren, most feared him too much to try and speak to him, like that off the battlefield he was actually a rather kindhearted and gentle being. Zanza and Midura, mostly through Zanza, were the only actual friends that Banren had ever had.

Zanza sensed a rather large power level approaching the tower, he wasn't sure who it was but could tell that they had a rather incredible power. Zanza had only recently developed the ability to sense power, he had so far found it rather useful but at times he missed the blind optimism when he entered a fight. Knowing that an opponent was more powerful then you often hampered your own ability to fight due to fear, even though just because he one had a higher power level didn't mean that they couldn't be defeated by those lesser then them. When the being landed on the platform Zanza was slightly worried, he didn't know if he had the power to stop this person should they attempt anything. It was then that Zanza caught a whiff of the intruder's scent, Zanza smiled slightly.

"Nice to see you again Khaos", Zanza said loudly enough for him to hear not even opening his eyes yet. Zanza had grown rapidly in his short time since arriving on earth however Khaos's power still far outstripped his own. Zanza couldn't know if Khaos had grown like he had since their last meeting but if his power had been anywhere near what it was now Zanza was not surprised that Khaos had defeated him so easily. No doubt that Khaos had fought many enemies in his time probably many of them far outstripped Zanza when they had first met. In the back of his mind Zanza wondered if Khaos had come to see Korin, him or if Khaos had decided that it was a mistake to allow Zanza to live.

"I think Korin is still asleep at this hour. Is there anything I can help you with" Zanza asked simply. The only reason Zanza was up was cause he often liked to meditate before watching the sunrise, still finding the sun to be a rather magnificent thing. Zanza finally rose from his cross-legged meditation position, grabbing his blades as he got up. Zanza stuck the blades in his belt before turning to face Khaos, the sun just beginning to rise on the horizon.

WC: 513
TWC: 931
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos 7/26/2012, 3:20 am

Khaos was pouring water on several of the bean stalks, his mind on concentrating on putting his pure energy into every drop, he didn't want to ruin any of the healing beans. He was remembering the friendship he had with Alberdyne, he knew it was one of the only pure things he had known. He had strayed from his path several times, each one coming closer to being an instrument for his father, the most recent he saved two beings that didn't seem to be good.

Zanza's voice calling out to him startled him, and he spilled the water from the canister down his robe. "Nice to see you again Khaos" the demon yelled out, but yet calmly.

Khaos noticed a change in the voice, it no longer seemed teeming with hatred for his half bred self, but more of an acceptance, of a being. Also he silently noted the lack of the normal derogatory term that he had become accustom to hearing from the full blooded demon.

"I think Korin is still asleep at this hour. Is there anything I can help you with" the demon said, finally rising to his feen and walking towards Khaos, Khaos noted that the being slid two blades into his belt as he approached.

"I see you have healed well." Khaos said in a friendly tone, the angelic sounding combination of demonic and shin souls speaking in harmony resonated through the green house.

Khaos' mind went back to the battle, and his blind hatred prior to the fight, then every movement he made against the young demon being made against his father instead of the demon. His Cosmic Cannon almost blasting a hole through the demonic being. He shook his head in disgust of his actions, he had almost lost complete control, and he didn't like it. This being deserved the same chance he had, even he had to admit he wasn't sure he deserved it the second time around.

"I'm glad, I actually wanted to apologize for almost killing you, I lost control and almost became what I had assumed you were. A puppet for my father." Khaos said his voice very apologetic, and his head lowered. "You deserve a chance to prove yourself, just like any one else in my blind hatred I had almost forgotten this teaching my mother had enstilled into me at a young age."

"I would like to be your friend, and I am here to also offer to train you as my student." Khaos said his voice sounding friendly, like when he talks to Alberdyne.

WC 429
TWC 1012
Khaos
Khaos
Champion
Champion

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruurik 7/26/2012, 4:10 pm

Zanza hadn't ever seen anyone but Korin water the plants, Korin didn't want Zanza touching them. Probably something to do with Zanza's continued refusal to climb up the tower, not cause he wasn't capable, simply cause he didn't feel like it. Both Zanza and Korin knew he could climb the tower, however Korin had yet to force Zanza to do it. Likely cause Zanza asked nothing of Korin, not training, not his strange little beans, not even a bed, Zanza just slept on the floor. Zanza was used to sleeping on a hard floor, when he served in the Demon Lord's army they usually camped when out on missions.

"Yes I have thanks to your intervention and Korin's help", Zanza responded nodding slightly. Zanza noticed Khaos's eyes seem to drift slightly, obviously he was somewhere else in his mind for a moment. Noticing Khaos shaking his head Zanza wondered if it was because of the rate of his healing or if maybe Khaos was begining to regret saving his life. Zanza was ready in case Khaos decided to rectify his "mistake", Zanza had no idea if he would be able to really defend himself from Khaos but he felt he likely had a far better chance then before.

The apology was rather unexpected however Zanza was actually a little shocked. Demon's didn't apologize, Zanza guessed that it did happen on occasion but it was rare likely when one was pleading for their life. Most demons Zanza knew either didn't bother to admit their wrong doing and those who did might acknowledge their actions but they never really apologized. Zanza had a feeling that it had to do with something about a sense of power. A truly powerful person never needed to apologize, their power was often their own justification. To admit wrong doing was to imply that you didn't have such power which others would likely take as a sign of weakness. To admit that their may have been a better course of action without actually condeming your own actions though didn't show a lack of power, maybe ignorance but not a lack of power. Zanza noticed that ignorance was far more acceptable then weakness in demon realm. Now it was Zanza's turn to shake his head.

"I was the one to initiate the attack, you may have been overzealous in your retaliation but your actions were justifiable", Zanza stated as if merely a simple fact. Zanza didn't really comment on the latter part of Khaos's comment, not sure what to say. Giving a potential enemy a chance to prove themselves often proved more trouble then it was worth. That's why Zanza still stood by the fact that if the positions had been reversed this conversation would not be happening. Khaos would've died in that forest or at the very least been left for dead. When Zanza won a battle that was entered for any reason, other then for fun or training, he won because his enemy was laying dead at his feet. Something in Zanza tol him that this wouldn't be the time to reveal such a thing though.

The offer of training came as much of a suprise to Zanza as the apology had. Zanza wasn't sure what it meant, he figured their was some ulterior motive to the training. Likely Khaos wanted to keep a close eye on Zanza, maybe he thought by training Zanza he could force him to be more like Khaos or maybe Khaos just wanted his own pet demon. Zanza could use the training, he could use all the power he could get but he wasn't about to be someone's puppet again. Sure maybe Khaos's motives were pure but it was in Zanza's nature to expect that their was some sort of angle.

"I am not some young whelp who needs to be taken under your wing. I train under no being. However I will train with you if you so wish. Do not expect to call you master either, I am no longer a slave to the makaioshin and I do not look to become another's pet" Zanza said a slight amount of anger in his voice. Less to do with Khaos and more to do with what acceptance of the offer would've implied. To accept yourself as another's student was to imply that they were above you, it was to give them power over you. Such a great admittance of weakness was very likely to get one killed in Demon Realm; sure Zanza wasn't in Demon Realm anymore but old habits die hard.

WC: 762
TWC: 1693
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos 7/26/2012, 5:19 pm

Khaos had never been to the demon realm that he could remember, not could he recall another encounter with a full blood. Even the memories of his former life it seemed he had dealt with bands of humans attacking him, shin, some other alien beings but the demons seemed to leave him alone. Probably at his father's orders since he was falling right into the plans of being a puppet to the might Chaos. These thoughts caused Khaos' semi sadistic grin to cross his face almost like he was day dreaming.

"Perhaps you mistook my offer" Khaos said abruptly and with a tone of matter of fact in his voice. "I am not my father, I have no want, nor need for a pet. Unlike him i deal with my problems myself."

Khaos started to flash back to the training he had received from the red headed Kai woman. He had been left alone, or so he thought, on the mountain side, his mother had vanished from his sight. The air had a nip of cold to it, it was likely early fall, as it had yet to turn completely cold. The woman looked almost human in every aspect except her voice was higher and sounded like a chorus of people singing, he imagined his voice sounded similar since he had accepted his fate. She was wearing a female version of the armor her bore, except it was white, not black as night like his own.

She was friendly although he was half demon, which to him was odd at the time, all the others had regarded him with a mixture of fear and hatred. The woman had known his name, at the time he didn't realize that was very strange, but now it alluded to the fact his mother had asked for her help. The training began, she taught him a martial arts, then the art of sword play, she even taught him cloak and dagger, and twin dagger fighting. Then she taught him mediation, astral projection using a gem, and how to take care of plants in case he needed to.

She never asked him for a thing in return, she took him, trained him, basically raised him and yet he never got to repay her because once he finished training she seemed to have been vanished. He had been to the mountains where he trained, and never did even spot the little hut he grew to manhood in.

"As I was saying, I'm not wanting anything in return." Khaos said finally, the lost look in his eyes swiftly disappearing. "I have no reason not to trust you, and I would like to return the favor i was extended many years ago. You know my father I'm sure, he rules the demon realm, you've at least heard of my mother she rules the realm of light."

WC 478
TWC 1490
Khaos
Khaos
Champion
Champion

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruurik 7/31/2012, 11:33 am

Comparing the way Khaos spoke of his father with Khaos's hatred for demons, Zanza felt pretty safe in the assumption that his father was the demon. It wasn't really all that surprising, many male demons had a reputation for brutality. Many half-bred demons came from demon fathers and the mothers weren't always entirely consenting. Zanza had no idea if it was the same for Khaos as it was for many half blood children nor was it his place to ask. It really wasn't all that different for the half-bloods in demon realm, however the roles were usually reversed. It was the makaioshin that would swoop up demon women, or men and force their will on them. It wasn't always with the desire to bear children but occasionally it was, Zanza knew for a fact that Ruurik's mother hadn't been a willing bride to the makaioshin. Maybe that's where the other demons got it from, their lords forced themselves on them to get half-breeds, so demons thought that was just how it was done. There might be a certain ring of truth to that but really it was just emulation of the evil that consumed much of demon realm, not specifically the makaioshin but the evil that consumed their hearts and the hearts of many of demon realms residents.

Zanza noticed Khaos seem to drift off again, he wondered if he looked like that when he got caught up in a thought. In the silence Zanza began contemplating what Khaos had said. Maybe Khaos wasn't looking to make a servant of Zanza like many others would given the opportunity. Zanza knew that teachers always were looking for something from their students though. Whether it be service, obedience, loyalty, companionship or even to carry on a legacy. Zanza didn't know which Khaos was seeking with his offer or if he had some other ulterior motive for wanting to train Zanza.

When Khaos began speaking again Zanza listened closely, not just to the words he chose but to how his body and tone spoke as well. In honesty Khaos seemed to be controlling his body language rather well, not letting much loose. There were a few things Zanza noticed though near the beginning Khaos was at ease, almost as if in happy remembrance. Near the end Zanza noticed the muscle's tense though in anticipation or anger he had no idea. Khaos words about not having a reason not to trust Zanza amused Zanza greatly, Khaos had every reason to not trust Zanza. Zanza was an unknown, Khaos new nothing of his past or his allegiances, not to mention the fact that Zanza had attacked Khaos before with little provocation. Zanza didn't know if Khaos was foolish, confident or just hopelessly optimistic.

The last of Khaos's comments on his father had Zanza slightly confused though. Only the makaioshin ruled Demon Realm, Zanza had heard of some places having lesser noble houses of demons, mostly as a way to appease demonic upstarts, yet the makaioshin were the undisputed rulers of demon realm. Even the last few Demon Kings had been makaioshin. Maybe there was a domain in demon realm where they had managed to do what Zanza was hoping to do himself or possibly there was something his lord hadn't let those in his domain know about. Either way what if what Khaos said was true Zanza had great respect for the demon who had managed it, to usurp the makaioshin was a truly great feat, Zanza wasn't about to tell Khaos that though, especially with Khaos's obvious distaste for his father.

"You seem like a good enough sort. At least I do not sense the wish to enslave or control me within you. I will accept your offer for now", Zanza's decision was made. Khaos had already revealed that he wished to help Zanza so as to repay a debt, a self-imposed debt by the sounds of it but Zanza wasn't about to point it out. Either Khaos would reveal himself to be the untrustworthy sort as Zanza suspected, not due to any wrongdoing on Khaos's part simply as it was in Zanza's nature not to trust very easily, or Zanza would use Khaos to reach new plateaus of power with which to accomplish his goals. Where things would go after that would depend entirely on what happened until that point. Maybe Khaos would prove to be what Zanza suspected or maybe Zanza would become what Khaos had originally thought. Only time could tell.

"I'm still not calling you master", Zanza said with a smirk, only half-joking.

WC: 763
TWC: 2456
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaos 7/31/2012, 12:32 pm

Khaos had half expected his offer to fall on deaf ears, either because of a vendetta against him for almost ending the demon's life or because of a vendetta against his blood. Hearing the acceptance almost took Khaos back, but instead of it taking him completely by surprise it brought his smile back. He almost laughed out loud at the last words spoken, they reverberated in his mind several times before he realized they were only a half joke.

"I'm still not calling you master", Zanza had said with a smirk, only half-joking.

The smirk is what kept him from laughing, it let him know he wasn't fully joking. Khaos had never had any intention of asking to be called anything other than Khaos, but with that sentence he decided to put his own joke in. It was a full joke and was meant to be light hearted, he didn't know what kind of reaction he would get for it, but maybe it would help jump start the training. He knew he had to test the skills of the demon, and not in a way that would lead to either's death.

His mind let recent memories to flood in, of the spars he had with Sairai, and the tournament against Crono, he also remembered the astral battle he had when he first met his now missing friend Alberdyne. His mind jumped to the last time he saw Alberdyne, his mother had appeared before them both in that chamber, he lost control and when he came to Alberdyne was gone. He wondered if this was part of a test of his mother's design losing a friend. Maybe it was a way his father meant to bring him back to being a puppet, all he knew is that he would keep fighting Chaos and his agents at every turn.

His mind snapped back to reality, like it had been on a bungee cord and it snapped back into place. He knew now how to test the demon, and it be fun for both. He didn't want to launch the first attacks, he had wanted to be on the defensive as much as possible, so he thought about a way to get the fight started. The joke he had intended to say until he got distracted seemed perfect.

"Master" Khaos spoke the word aloud "that does have a certain ring to it, but Sensei sounds better." Khaos said jokingly but kept his tone as close to normal as possible, the angelic sound reverberating around the greenhouse, and almost echoing back to him. The acoustics of the place were amazing, he would have to remember the room design to build a concert room in his mansion when he got it. He didn't let his mind wander too far, he remembered the Hell Blitz that the demon had launched with little provocation.

WC 477
TWC 1967
Khaos
Khaos
Champion
Champion

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruurik 8/12/2012, 5:57 pm

I forfeit due to a character switch.
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down