Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family Reunion

2 posters

Go down

Family Reunion Empty Family Reunion

Post by Future Gohan 8/28/2012, 2:13 am

Gohan sat at the bar like usual, drinking his favorite lager and looking at the gem he had been given by Gonzo. The captain had said that the gem contained supernatural powers and it would help in training. It was explained to him that the gem is used as a transference device. It whips your mind and body from the existing world and into a new one; a world in which beings from across the universe gather to fight and spar, in hopes to get stronger. Gonzo also mentioned that due to the crystal’s strange energies, any damage sustained in the “Astral Realm” will not transfer back into the real world.

Gohan found this concept fascinating. He had never heard of such a thing in his time era. The ruby stone shone brilliantly, even in the dingy yellow light of the pub. He wanted to try it out, just to see what the world was like, but a part of him was unsure. If the gem could transcend space, could it also transcend time? What if one of the androids from a different or even this timeline were to use one? He had just started to forget that war-torn time.

“Gohan!” The all too familiar voice of Kraut called out.

“Shit,” Gohan muttered squeezing the gem tightly in his hand. “I don’t want to talk to this guy.”

Suddenly Gohan was jerked forward. All of the objects in front of him became a swirl of colors. His mind raced as his senses were overrun by vibrant colors and sounds. Suddenly everything became black and when he opened his eyes, Gohan was amazed at what he saw. The place was no longer some dingy pub on Vegeta, but a field of flowers as far as the eyes could see. The place was beautiful, with green grass and blue skies; oh how he had missed the blue sky and green grass. Vegeta was way too red for him, but this was much better. It reminded him of simpler times.

Gohan fell back into the grass, forgetting the real reason for this realm altogether. He just wanted to bask in the glory of the yellow sun and the fresh air.

(WC: 367)
Future Gohan
Future Gohan
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info
Level: 45
Race: Half-Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Family Reunion Empty Re: Family Reunion

Post by Goku 8/29/2012, 2:09 pm

Other World was a strange place for Goku. It didn't have night, nor did it have day. Everything just seemed to permeate with an eerie light. Shadows were few in far between, just slivers where two glowing objects barely touched.

King Yemma restored the fighter's body to him, for the heroic deeds and sacrifices he made. Soon after, Goku helped had volunteered to help Yemma's servant. the injured ogre named Oroa, fend off a flock of horrifying wrens guarding the King's favorite fruit. Succeeding in defating the flock of birds, he had partook of the magical fruit. Little did he know, even the mighty giant King Yemma could only eat half of one, for its magical properties caused it to fill one's belly beyond even the biggest of meals.

However, Goku had been infamous since a child for eating ridiculous amounts of food. Where it might have killed another man, he was only was suffering for it, as he lay on a bed in the Check-In Station's medical wing. Oroa stood beside his bed, his wrinkly half-bandaged face frowning with concern.

Kami, who had not returned to his station on Earth yet, let out a heavy sigh. “What possessed you to eat the Yemma Fruit?” he asked Goku.

“Actually, Lord Kami,” Oroa said. “I gave him one for fending off the wrens.”

Kami leaned forward on his gnarled oaken cane. “Goku, I am going to put you into an astral trance. Here in Other World, it will help you to recover far more quickly. After that, you're going to travel down the Snake Way, to meet with King Kai. If you can make it down the entirety of that road, you can become his student and learn powerful new skills.”

“Are you going home?” Goku asked.

“I am,” Kami said. “I will stay in touch with you Goku. Just.. don't get yourself in more trouble. I won't be there to bail you out.”

The Guardian of Earth wave his staff over the top of him. Goku felt a sudden heavy tiredness, as if someone had tied a hundred bricks to his eyelids to drag them down. Soon he began snoring as loud as a chainsaw in the quiet woods.

In his dream, he was drifting at sea, a violent and stormy sea. It seemed to suck him down, further and further until he was in a dark abyss. The abyss became illuminated with thousands of sparkling lights. They warmed him and he felt himself drawn to one speck in particular. As he swam towards it, it grew in size until it was a blue-green marble.

Then he was falling. The sky was blue again and he saw puffy white clouds. Goku was home, he was on Earth. The elation he felt was like none other. He didn't even care about flying, or about stopping his descent.

When he landed, in a small clearing of verdant grass, it was like a meteor hit. The ground split asunder, sending clumps of dirt raining down all around. Goku lie in the center of a massive crater, streamers of smoke rising up off of his body.

“Ouch,” he said.

WC: 501
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Future Gohan 8/29/2012, 3:35 pm

Gohan watched the clouds float by in content. Different shapes and sizes, fluffy and white, they were nothing like the clouds he grew up with, gray and vast, never letting the sun shine through. It had been so long since he had seen the blue sky. The androids with their constant destruction stained the skies back hime, not to mention the demons that caused the black whirling abyss. But that was all in his past and right now the serene beauty of the green meadow and cloud filled sky filled his heart with warmth; a feeling he had long forgotten.

That’s when he saw it, a streak of red across the bright blue sky. The red object pierced through the clouds, like an arrow through paper, and fell to the Earth with a large quake. Dirt flew in all directions and smoke started to billow from the crash site.

Watching the entire thing unfold, Gohan jumped to his feet, secured the sword he had laid aside to his back and took off into the air. The crash site was much closer than he had thought, it only took him a minute to actually reach it.

Gohan landed on the grass on the outer edge of the smoke filled crater. Through the smoke he could make out a silhouette of something. He wasn’t entirely sure what he saw, but whatever it was he was ready to draw his sword. The crash reminded him too much of a space pod’s landing for him to relax. If he was dealing with a Saiyan, or at least a strong one, he would have his work cut out for him.

With his hand on the hilt of his blade, Gohan asked, “Who are you?”

Then he saw it. The cloud parted for just a moment and he could make out an all too familiar face. He was stunned and couldn't move. Was his mind playing tricks on him? Was this some kind of tactic to make Gohan lower his guard? Whatever it was, his heart was beating fast and almost uncontrollably so. Not wanting to chance a sneak attack by a hostile enemy, Gohan waited in uncomfortable silence for the person to answer.

(WC: 368)
Future Gohan
Future Gohan
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 8/30/2012, 10:12 am

Goku pulled himself up out of the crater and onto the soft green grass. Standing, he dusted himself up and turned to the strange armored fellow who had rushed over to investigate. The man looked oddly familiar to Goku, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. It seemed the fellow was just as disturbed as he was.

“Sorry if I almost landed on you,” Goku said and stretched out his arms. “MY name is Son Goku.”

The day itself was nearly perfect; open blue skies, just a handful of sparse white clouds. The sun was shining bright and warm. It looked to be early summer, late spring, from the way the foliage was still bright green and new. If it were towards the end of summer much of it would be browned from the long days in stifling heat.

Goku was surprised to not see any animals scurrying about. Normally, a well forested area like this was bustling with insects and birds. There was nothing. The odd silence bothered him, so he reached out with his spiritual senses to try and find any other sources of spiritual energy.

Other than the man before him, he felt absolutely nothing. It was as if the world itself was emptied of all life. Even the trees and plants were absent of energy. This must be some sort of illusion.

“Where are we?” Goku asked, both of his eyebrows narrowing. “Who are you exactly?”

WC: 241
TWC: 742
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Future Gohan 9/2/2012, 9:57 pm

“Sorry if I almost landed on you, my name is Son Goku. Where are we? Who are you exactly?”

Gohan stood frozen unsure of what to say to Goku. He was a man that Gohan had buried so long ago, a man who he never thought he would see again. He knew this day would come, but so soon? What was he to say, surely there is a Gohan in this time era as well. If his father did not recognize him, then perhaps that was for the best. Who knows what might happen if anyone found out his true identity, for now he would feign ignorance.

“No it’s fine, you landed nowhere near me.” Gohan had trouble speaking, his throat kept closing up on him as his heart felt like it was about to burst from his chest. “I only came to investigate.”

Ever since he had come back from the future Gohan felt as if he was softening and he didn’t like it. It was usually his cut throat attitude that kept him alive all those years, but he didn’t need to worry about surviving lately. Maybe it wasn’t so bad to let go a little bit, at least for now. The future, however, is an entirely different matter.

“You can call me Ma Junior.” Gohan gave his father a false name, a name in which he learned from Piccolo years ago. The Piccolo from the future used that name as an alias to get where he needed without being targeted by the androids. His use of the name was how he honored his long time father figure. He just hopped that Goku wouldn’t remember the name. “I do believe we are in an Astral Realm if I remember the phrase correctly.”

Gohan wanted to know more about his father, but at the same time, didn’t want his father asking too many questions himself. He had to know though.

“I was on planet Vegeta before I was taken here. Where are you coming from?” He knew it was Earth, but he could always play dumb and ask more questions regarding the place. Until now he had not thought about the planet too much.

(WC: 365)
Future Gohan
Future Gohan
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 9/2/2012, 10:25 pm

“Well, it's nice to meet you Ma Junior,” Goku said. The name sounded vaguely familiar, but he didn't dwell on it too much.

He went on to explain that they were within a place called the Astral Realm. Goku's mind was foggy. His memories were fragments and blurs. All he knew was that there was something urgent to attend to, something important.

Cell! I was fighting Cell, but then...

The pain was too much and he winced visibly as he tried to draw upon the memory. I died, I'm not alive anymore. This isn't real.

Goku felt weird admitting it to himself. He certainly didn't feel like he was dead. Then again, feeling like your dead is something no one really knew about. For some reason, he had assumed it would have felt more surreal, rather than so nitty gritty. Even in the dream realm he was within right now, everything felt real. The grass swayed with the passing breeze. The leaves on the branches rustled as they always did. He could even hear the trickle of a nearby stream. The ground had even hurt him when he fell into it.

“I was on planet Vegeta before I was taken here. Where are you coming from?” Ma Junior continued.

“Planet Vegeta?” Goku said. He had heard that people believed there was life on other planets. He even watched a TV show about it once. But, never before had he met someone from another planet. Well, unless King Yemma and his ogres counted as aliens.

“That's amazing Ma Junior, you're not from Earth at all. I never thought I'd meet an actual alien!”

The excitement left his face as he went to answer Ma Junior's question. “Me, well that's complicated I guess. You can say I was from Earth. But, I'm not alive anymore. I guess you're interacting with my spirit, is all. I was killed in battle by terrible monster named Cell.”

WC: 325
TWC: 1,067
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Future Gohan 9/3/2012, 12:44 pm

“That's amazing Ma Junior, you're not from Earth at all. I never thought I'd meet an actual alien!”

Never met an alien? What of Piccolo? What about Frieza and his henchman? Gohan remembered quite clearly their time on Namek and the countless days pursuing the evil warlord Frieza and his gang of aliens, but somehow this didn’t happen in this timeline. Where the hell did Babidi send him? Traveling back in time couldn’t have caused this much change in the world. Could it? No, he must be in a parallel universe. He had heard of such concepts from his old comrade Turnks, but he didn’t think he would experience it first hand.

“Me, well that's complicated I guess. You can say I was from Earth. But, I'm not alive anymore. I guess you're interacting with my spirit, is all. I was killed in battle by terrible monster named Cell.”

“So you’re dead? Yet you still live?” Gohan asked with his eyebrow raised. He had died once himself and all he could remember was eternal darkness; an endless abyss in the dead of night. “Who is this Cell?” If this creature was strong enough to kill his father, then surely it could threaten the world; but what if his father was weak in this world? There was only one way to tell.

Gohan raised his hand up to his side with his palm facing up. A bright yellow ki ball formed just above his open palm. Knowing his father, or at least one version of him, he asked his father a question in which he already knew the answer. “Care for a quick spar Son Goku?”

(WC: 275)
Future Gohan
Future Gohan
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 9/4/2012, 1:23 am

“Who is this Cell?” Ma Junior asked.

Goku frowned. It was hard to explain. During their battle, Cell had imparted vast knowledge about himself to Goku telepathically. This had been done so that Goku had a greater understanding of what he was up against and just what Cell had needed to do. Knowing quite a bit about his enemy, Goku could tell the story for hours. But, he doubted someone like Ma Junior would care to hear about androids.

“Well,” Goku said starting off. “He's an android. But, not the sort that's made of metal and machinery. I guess you could call him a clone, if that makes sense. Cell was built using the genes of the greatest fighters, including myself and some of my friends. I've never fought an opponent with so much power. I was defeated by him and now I currently reside in the after life.”

It probably sounded like a silly story. Replaying the words in his head, Goku just wanted to laugh at himself. It was strange telling someone you were dead, when you were there before them. It was even stranger telling them about the android bogeyman that killed you. The more he thought of it, the more it sounded like the product of some bad late night Sci-Fi drama on TV.

Ma Junior extended his hand out and a ball of bright spiritual energy buzzed to life there. “Care for a quick spar Son Goku?”

There was something about Ma Junior that seemed to familiar. His face, it had features that reminded himself of his own reflection. Yet, there was something else there that he couldn't quite put his finger on. Whoever this mysterious fighter was, their minds had linked in the Astral Realm for a specific reason.

Well, Kami did put me in an Astral Trance so I could recover more quickly. I suppose a spar wouldn't hurt.

Goku lowered into his fighting stance. Since Ma Junior could at least generate a ball of energy, he let a little of his own spiritual energy seep out. Up until that point he had been suppressing it, as usual.

“Sounds fun,” Goku said and grinned.

WC: 353
TWC: 1,420
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Future Gohan 9/4/2012, 2:48 pm

Cell was an android? But not a machine? Gohan was adept when it came to fighting androids, but never in his time had he ever seen one that wasn’t made from metal. Was it created by the same scientist as the ones he was familiar with? If so, the Earth may be in trouble already.

“Sounds fun,” His father’s response snapped him out of his current train of thought and back into the current situation.

Gohan let his arm snap forward, sending the ki ball flying at Goku who was standing only a few meters away. Gohan rushed forward, just a fraction of a second behind the ki ball he just threw.

The half Saiyan knew that his father, or at least the one from his time, was an incredible fighter and that if he were to hold back, he would not come out the victor. That was fine with him though as he preferred it that way. It is extremely difficult to gauge your own strength if you’re constantly pulling your punches not to mention nearly impossible to get any good training in.

Right before the ki ball would have hit, Gohan, in a burst of speed, dashed around Goku to his back side. He the threw his right arm forward aimed for his father’s spine. If timed just right, both the punch and blast would hit simultaneously and the kinetic force of both would increase the damage done dramatically.

(WC: 241)
Future Gohan
Future Gohan
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 9/4/2012, 7:35 pm

Ma Junior gave no warning when he decided to launch his assault upon Goku. It was true, Goku had been ready for the fight to begin, so when the ball of ki closed the gap he braced himself for impact. Swiping his arm hard across his body, the ball collided with the back of his forearm. It tumbled end over end towards the line of trees next to the meadow, where it exploded with a great flash of light and smoke.

It was then he realized that Ma Junior was no longer standing in his original position. Goku felt a sharp spike of pain in his lower back and was knock forward by the force of the blow, sending him off of his feet. He dove towards the ground rolling for a few dozen feet before he dug both hands into the dirt and ground himself to a stop.

Wispy pieces of grass rained down all around him as he clamored to his feet. That hurt pretty bad. This guy can sure pack a punch.

Goku was accustom to controlling and suppressing his powers. Not only did it allow for greater control, but it kept him incognitio. In a fight like this, he knew that controlling his energy to such a small point would get him no where.

He let even more of it loose, about half of his full power. If this is not enough, I’ll be surprised.

With a flicker of motion, he vanished, appearing high above the clearing. Pumping his arms widly, he began to rain down dozens of yellow ki balls. Trying to keep a bead on his opponent’s energy signature, he continued to fire for along while. The ground exploded rapidly with each passing blast, sending up great plumes of smoke and fire.
He vanished once more, this time appearing directly in front of Ma Junior.

Keeping his forward momentum, he brought his knee up and aimed his strike at the center of the armored warrior’s chest.

WC: 331
TWC: 1,751
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Future Gohan 9/5/2012, 1:17 pm

Gohan watched surprisingly as Goku went tumbling forward rolling into the grass ahead. He wasn’t expecting his father to go flying like that, from what he remembered he could definitely take a beating.

Gohan watched Goku get to his feet and then suddenly he vanished. Gohan sensed an even stronger presence than before right above him. He looked up to see dozens of ki balls flying right toward him. There were too many to block properly and coming down to fast to evade completely.

Gohan crossed his arms over his chest, and as if pulling the energy from with himself, threw his arms upward, in the direction of the ki balls. A large yellow dome of energy surrounded the boy as the ki blasts shook the ground around him. Those that hit the barrier were fizzled before they could enter the inner circle while the rest left small impact craters in the ground.

When the last explosion went off, Gohan lowered his hands and the barrier faded away. Suddenly Gohan felt a huge impact on his chest which caused him to stumble back a few feet. He looked down to see Goku standing there his power level even higher than before.

“So you were hiding your real power I see.” Gohan rubbed his chest under his armor. He hadn’t experienced a strike that could pierce his armor in quite a while. “Let me show you what I am capable of.”

Gohan jumped backward to increase the distance a little further, leaving about a ten yard gap between the warriors. He placed his balled up hands at his side, bent his elbows and his knees and dug his feet deep into the soft Earth. With a loud roar, a yellow aura erupted around him, causing the loose debris to scatter in all directions. He bent down even further, his hands and feet on the ground in a position used by runners. With a powerful thrust of his legs, he kicked off the ground, sending himself as well as chunks of dirt and grass, flying. Like an arrow, he went flying straight for his father. With such a short distance between the two it would take a lot to evade such an attack and if it hit, it would certainly cause quite a bit of damage.

(WC: 384)
Future Gohan
Future Gohan
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 9/7/2012, 11:09 pm

“So you were hiding your real power I see,” Ma Junior said as he rubbed his chest. “Let me show you what I am capable of.”

“Well, you never reveal your best hand, unless your opponent forces you to reveal it,” Goku said and provided a warm smile. There was just something about this man that seemed so familiar. It was a metaphysical thing.

Goku had never seen him before, nor did he know what planet Vegeta was. Maybe it was the look in his eyes, or the way he moved; fundamental things, small things that stood out. He doubted that he would have picked up on much of it had they not started their little friendly bout.

He couldn't help but be surprised when he felt Ma Junior's energy signature begin to swell. Yellow energy crackled around his body and he launched forward, the ground beneath him shattered and tumbled across the clearing. The speed was astounding, something Goku had not been prepared for. There was no dodging.

Gritting his teeth, Goku threw both of his palms forward catching Ma Junior's shoulder. The force of the blow threw him backwards. Both of his feet digging deep into the soil. Even with all of his strength he wasn't able to resist the forward momentum. Ma Junior's head slammed into the center of his chest, knocking the wind out of him. As a wheeze escaped his lips, he skidded across the ground onto his back.

Even without air in his lungs, he forced his body to move, tumbling backwards in a reverse somersault. With both feet touching the ground he pushed himself into a low crouch. Finally stopping to take deep breath, he began to focus his ki into both of his palms, which he had cupped behind him. Soft azure rays of light began to shine out from between his finger tips.

“Ka-me-ha-me-ha!” he chanted and thrust both hands forward.

A massive blue torrent pure energy tore across the clearing, shredding the ground beneath it. Blades of grass and burning soil were flung into the sky. The wave of energy threatened to engulf Ma Junior whole.

Even at only a portion of his true strength, Goku felt the Kamehameha was enough to show his opponent what he was truly made off. Lowering his hands to his side, he waited, looking through the billowing smoke and haze—to see if for Ma Junior would re-emerge.

WC: 409
TWC: 2,160
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Future Gohan 9/11/2012, 8:40 pm

Gohan watched as Goku tumbled backward and onto his feet. His father was always one to easily regain composure after taking a hit. His head had collided with his father’s chest with incredible force and now it was giving him a headache.

That’s when Gohan heard the all familiar chant, Goku’s signature attack. “Kame-“ Gohan could sense Goku’s power level spike as the blue energy filled his palms, “hame-“ Gohan lifted his hand above his head, his left palm cradling his right. A yellow mass of energy filled his palms. “ha!”

A blue wave of incredible energy shot forth from Goku’s hands. It ripped through the dirt without so much as touching it. The power behind it was intense, but it was something he could match, if just barely.

“Masanko!” Gohan shouted as he threw his arms downward, sending a wave of yellow energy directly at the incoming attack.

The two energies met at the center with a resounding wave of kinetic energy. The two attacks thrashed about as one tried to overpower the other. The two energies tore up the ground flinging debris in all directions. Gohan felt the connection with his father and he knew that his father was holding back even if he wasn’t. He didn’t believe in restraining your power, he wasn’t as nice as his father.

Both energy beams subsided as the charred earth billowed smoke. Gohan could feel himself slow, his energy drained. It took a lot to keep up with his father and if Goku managed to get himself killed, Gohan could only imagine the power of this Cell.

Gohan smiled as he wished his father farewell. “That was a good workout, but I think I should quit while your only a little ahead. I’ll see you around.”

In a whirl of energy Gohan woke up back in the same bar he had started, gem in hand.

“Damn”

(WC: 315)
(TWC: 1930)
Future Gohan
Future Gohan
Fighter
Fighter

Character Info

Back to top Go down