Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Omniverse. (Custom Ability)

4 posters

Go down

The Omniverse.  (Custom Ability) Empty The Omniverse. (Custom Ability)

Post by Alberdyne 3/26/2012, 5:47 pm

(The hour is upon us!)

Name: The Omniverse Mark 1, Rank 1

Type: Attack-Controlled Psionic Explosion

Description: The Omnivere is a place. More specifically, it is a dimension that a certain population of the Kanassan Psionics are privy to find. Within the Omniverse lurks many secrets. Specifically, the Omniverse serves to enhance the psionic with great power. The mark 1 version of the Omniverse is a sphere within the Omniverse. It represents the outer planes. The user is surrounded by a terrible aura.

An intense amount of concentration is required to command the Omniverse, and the user becomes locked in casting it once the process starts and can perform no other actions. Omniverse mark 1 is an advanced form of psychokinetics. The first use of Omniverse mark 1 allows the user to command inorganic matter at will. Commanding takes place at the molecular level. (Think: Gambit from X-Men) Molecules are excited to perform various actions. The most basic of actions is that the user of Omniverse will explode a basic object from distance. This, combined with basic Psionic Powers makes for a dangerous combination.

The second use of Omniverse is thus: the caster can focus on more than one smaller objects, or one larger object. Concentrating on the object, the object becomes a weapon bending to the will of the user. Omniverse can be used in conjunction with Psionic Powers for added effect. The larger the mass of inorganic matter, the more that the caster has to concentrate on commanding matter.

On simple objects, the weight of the mind can crush or bend matter all together and reshape to construct simple weapons. For example, a stone can be turned to a blade of some earth and swung at an opponent. This is effective when used in conjunction with heavier objects.

Added Clarification: The Omniverse only works on Inorganic Matter (I thought I was quite clear on that) it can never be used on Organic matter. For example, a living warrior or a Construct. It can't be used on clothing either. (Trust me here guys, I'm not cheap) However, it CAN be used on say, an opponent's weapon.

I hope that clarification will suffice.

At Rank 2-The user can command heavier objects.

At Rank 3-The user can command heavier objects that weigh about 5 metric tons.

Attack Rating: 3

Actions: 1 Action

FP Gain: +30 FP

Learning: 65 TP to learn.

Last edited by Alberdyne on 3/28/2012, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

The Omniverse.  (Custom Ability) Empty Re: The Omniverse. (Custom Ability)

Post by Shana 3/26/2012, 9:47 pm

Abilities may only go up to Rank 3.
Shana
Shana
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilee 3/26/2012, 10:31 pm

Alberdyne wrote:Description: The Omnivere is a place. More specifically, it is a dimension that a certain population of the Kanassan Psionics are privy to find.

By classical definition, (coined by Stan Lee if I'm not mistaken) the omniverse is a collection of all universes. (including real life and universes outside of a single fiction, which is what separates it from a megaverse or multiverse) Might I suggest renaming it to something like... the microverse? Just to avoid confusion.

Alberdyne wrote:The first use of Omniverse mark 1 allows the user to command inorganic matter at will. Commanding takes place at the molecular level. (Think: Gambit from X-Men) Molecules are excited to perform various actions.

This could really be broken, considering commanding inorganic molecules at the molecular level technically includes the molecules in the human body that aren't bound to carbon or otherwise don't have any metal. Simply put, if it's only inorganic molecules, you could actually control the iron and oxygen in someone's bloodstream, since hemoglobin isn't technically organic. (it's a metalloprotein)

Also, for people who have characters that are either non-carbon-based, like robots and some forms of alien life, you could potentially take advantage of that and use it to manipulate their molecules as well.

I'm not saying you would do any of this, but the fact remains that it could technically be done.
Eilee
Eilee
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 25
Race: Hybrid

http://www.kiyza.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/26/2012, 11:51 pm

I think a simple way to limit this, is to say he can only manipulate matter that is not in direct contact with ki, or spiritual energy. Therefore limiting his ability to effect both living beings and constructs, who might not be alive, but have utilize a form of artificial ki.
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alberdyne 3/28/2012, 12:45 pm

Please note-

Actually-The Omniverse thing I'm using is not the Marvel version. It's the Ayenee version so no worries there man.

Ayenee was an rp realm that was popular around the early to mid-90's. I sincerely doubt that Stan Lee coined Omniverse because Ayeneers were using that term way before he did.

And just so it is known, I knew the rper who actually made up the Ayenee version of The Omniverse.

It can be used as an general term that can mean a lot of things. So quoting Marvel is not gonna be a help here honestly since Omniverse has been around for a long time now.

And for the record, I don't power game. I just wanted a unique psionic ability.

One more thing, edits are up.
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/28/2012, 12:58 pm

Approved.
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down