Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part 17: Industrial Espionage

Go down

Part 17: Industrial Espionage Empty Part 17: Industrial Espionage

Post by Izon 7/5/2012, 9:02 pm

Industrial Espionage

Easy Quest

Requirement: None

Reward: 1,000 zeni and 10 Villain Points

A shady man in a black suit has hired you to infiltrate the Capsule Corporation, undetected, to bring back their secret plans for the latest dynocap device.
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 56
Race: Demon

Back to top Go down

Part 17: Industrial Espionage Empty Re: Part 17: Industrial Espionage

Post by Izon 7/6/2012, 11:15 am

"I heard you have a mole in capsule corp."

Those words froze Ian. No one but he was supposed to know. How the fuck did this stranger find out? The man was a black man, well dressed in a zoot suit and hat with hair cut short. He was clean shaven and definitely a man meaning business.

Ian wanted to kill the man right here right now, but fought against the urge. He needed to hear this man out. Maybe he wanted something. Though with the man knowing, Ian couldn't let him live for long. Ian sat up and poured himself a cup of iced tea.

"What makes you think I have a mole in capsule corp?"

The man grinned and accepted his glass of ice tea, drinking from it. He removed his hat and set it on a free spot on the table. "My dear Lancaster. I make it my business to know everything that goes on. Simply put, I want something from there and only you can get it for me."

"And what is that?" Ian wondered if it had anything to do with the Lazarus project.

"A dyno cap. One that they've been working on for a decade. The DynoCap Mark X."

A dyno cap huh? Nothing he cared too much about. Dyno caps made the company money, but he felt they were at their peak. I mean, they could hold entire ships.

"And what's in it for me?"

The man shrugged. "I would say your secret is safe with me, but I think I'd find my body torn to pieces by a devil. So I gotta go with what you desire the most. Money. Name your price Mister Lancaster."

Ian admired this man for his knowledge in such things. A man who knew this much was dangerous. He probably had spies in his own home, within Capsule Corp, and probably within the government. Though he couldn't be sure.

"Two hundred million."

If that number shocked the man, he didn't show it. He only smiled. "We both know the answer to that Mister Lancaster."

That meant it was a no. Ian was testing him, finding out what kind of man he was. How dangerous he was. And whether or not this was simply a ploy. This man not budging answered both. Very dangerous and it was certainly not a ploy. Just one more question needed answering.

"That is my price." How high he would really go for the technology.

"Five hundred thousand."

And thus the negotiations start. That was a huge difference. This man knew how to negotiate. He would start low, but not too low, just out of the 'you gotta be kidding me' border. Ian knew he himself was being tested. This man was trying to find out the same information from him.

"One hundred and fifty million."

"One million."

The numbers went back and forth. One hundred million, three million, ninety million. Ian already knew where it was going to end at. Seventy five million would be the magic number, but if he could get the man to say it before him, then he would come out on top, though still make it look like the man had control. Though Ian knew the man had the same thought as well. It was a game and they both knew how to play it very well.

"Seventy five million" said the man.

Ian paused a moment. He got it. "Done." Seventy five million zeni for a piece of technology. Ian would never get the money though and the man would never get the tech. They both had every reason to kill one another, but the difference was, Ian had power beyond just himself. Iric, muscles. Both had the power to take this man down.

"Seventy five million zeni for the Dyno Cap mark X. Have ti to me by tomorrow night and we'll make the trade."

The trade that would end one of them. At least Ian could come back though. A simple mortal wouldn't be able to kill him. Not even Ryouji could kill him. He came back a couple weeks later.

"Deal."

The man stood and left, leaving Ian to begin his plotting. What was with the Dyno Caps? Why would he want the prototype? Could it encase an entire planet? No. No, he didn't know. He had no idea, but he would be sure to find out. Seventy five million zeni was a lot of money and this many would pay it out or kill him for it. It was important for some reason.

"Cira, contact Thomas, have him get that dyno cap tonight. Get Iric and Muscles to prepare."

"Yessir." Cira left.

Ian watched as the black man entered his car and they drove off. He would find out the reason for this dyno cap tonight.

Thomas had easily come through. They both sat at the table and Doctor Briefs was with them. Briefs refused to help in any way but it was obvious he knew what it was. He was already losing his company with his daughter's life on the line, there was no reason to talk now as if Ian killed either his wife or daughter, Ian would lose the company forever. Unless he came in blazing, but that wasn't his style, and that wasn't a good way to make friends either.

He also couldn't let the good doctor go, as he'd have a hell of a time trying not to kill the police that would come knocking. He was already going to have to keep them in check after the company.

Thomas also had the plans for it, but they were of little help. Not only were they encrypted, only a couple people knew what it was. He had no choice but to hand it to the man and then kill him after. Not like that wasn't going to happen anyway.

Thus they waited.

Ian sat there all night, not even the nude body of Sawish distracting him from the plans which irritated the alien woman. Ian did everything he could think of to decipher them, but it was to no avail.

Meeting time came, Ian stood with the small plastic case with the capsule inside. He was alone, or so it looked like it and the man that came walking up was alone, or so he wanted Ian to think. Both knew they weren't alone. Both had men all around, though for Ian, Muscles and Iric were already taking care of the man's men.

"So this device was a bit puzzling. Mind telling me what's so different about it?"

The man shook his head. "Would rather not Mister Lancaster."

Ian shrugged. "Very well." He handed the case to the man, and the man handed another case back to him. They turned and parted ways. Getting back to the car, Ian set the case on the trunk and opened it. As he thought, there was a brief beep and the area was lit up in a ball of fire.

A bomb. He thought he could kill Ian with a bomb. The man grinned as he got into his car. The car shook violently as an object struck the trunk. It moved. The object was hard to see as it was completely black against the night sky. Only the absence of light gave it away.

Almost like living smoke, streams of pure blackness surrounded an arm as it got to its knees. Its arm transformed into some hideous weapon, claws the size of katana blades. Then with a thrust, the claws pierced the man's driver, spilling his blood all over the upholstery. The the creature vanished.

The man looked around. He knew this had to be Ian but he didn't know what the hell this was. His information didn't say anything about this. He was truly terrified. But it didn't matter, even if he died, his boss would continue with his plan. The true Izon would live! This was nothing but a ploy to get Ian interested in useless crap and show his true colors. The demon was awakening!

Then all went dark as the claws pierced him and his body was torn apart. The black creature changed and Ian stood there in tattered clothing from the blast. He had over done it. He wanted information. It didn't matter though, he could get it from one of the scientists.

Iric and Muscles both arrived, blood stained from head to toe. They were just as messy in their task. The difference was though, Ian rarely was messy when he killed. It was usually quick and clean if he did it at all.

"Clean up this mess Iric. I don't want a trace of them here." Iric nodded and Muscles and Ian took off. Moments later, there was a massive explosion. The heat and destructive power would make sure nothing survived. There'd just be a giant crater that was unexplained. A good way to clean it up, but it also meant the police and emergency crews would be here in minutes. Not like ti mattered, they'd be long gone.

WC:1571
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 56
Race: Demon

Back to top Go down