Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heaven's Challenge

2 posters

Go down

Heaven's Challenge Empty Heaven's Challenge

Post by Yamcha the banned 7/10/2012, 3:45 pm

Heaven’s Challenge

Medium Quest

Requirement: Must be in Heaven.

Reward: 1,000 zeni, 10 Hero Points, and Special Reward.

Ah, Heaven. What a peaceful place. You’re allowed to train here without any worry about dying, and things just seem to keep getting better. It’s a peaceful utopia, but you haven’t quite explored every nook and cranny yet. You stumble across a beautiful waterfall, straight out of the greatest works of fiction. Once inside, you see a large stone door, immaculately carved, with a warning in what you assume is every language in the universe. Searching, you finally find the language of Earth, and it says, “You who enter here, be prepared to test your very soul.” When you finally enter, your confronted by a being of grace and beauty who challenges you to a sparring match to test both your power and your purity of heart. If you are found worthy, the being promises that you will be given a reward fitting only the most pure of warriors.

Special Reward:

Heaven's Grace - Arms - A pair of ornately woven gloves worn by a both wise and powerful being. Increases agility and ki by +600 in combat. Boosts XP gained from training by +3.

Yamcha now stood in front of the Elder Kai in the front of his house. He had possession of the artifact as it was now one with his soul but he had the Roga Zet Katana on his left hip in a sheath that was given to him by Mr. Popo after being bestowed to the Guardian of Earth as well as a turtle shell on his back. He was wearing an Orange Training Gi and Pants with his chest showing as well as the mark of the Turtle Insignia on the front. On his arms he had the tattoo of the wolf going down his right arm and the tattoo of a shenron going down his left arm as well as blue wristbands. His hair was long down his back and was blowing in the sudden gust of wind.

The Elder Kai looked at him. “You have done well, taking the sacred artifact of the kais: The Z-sword; the ultimate weapon against evil. But before you go, I want to test your strength. There is a test in heaven I have recommended you and now they await your arrival. But before you go I want to test you against one of our resident Shins”

The Elder Kai sudden grabbed Yamcha and warped him into a mountain range where they appeared after being teleported, standing on a mountain peak. “Here he is, The Mountain Shin, he’s really strong, he just meditates and mass shifts his muscles. His name is Ron.” The Mountain Shin then felt Yamcha’s Psi energy and stood up. ”You, Human…you seek wisdom?” Yamcha replies, not wanting to fight someone who was radiating energy the mountain shin was, “Yes, tell me. How can I properly wield the sacred artifact of the kais? How can I fully utilize the Z-sword?”

The Mountain Shin replied [b] “You must use your heart. Your pure-heart. You have one to enter this sacred planet and the Z-sword is a reward for those who can defeat evil without the blade, going through impossible tests and still thinking your not worthy of the holy blade. You must believe in yourself and the heart of your power. Once preformed, the Z-sword can make a warrior near invincible if he can master his emotions and thoughts, becoming one with the blade to the point where you won’t need it. That is the mastery you must achieve young human warrior..”

The Elder Kai smirked. “You passed the test, have fun in heaven doing the test. It will take all of your effort, cunning and skill to best the warrior you will face. I will tell you this now, they have legends in heaven that just live there forever. You will face one of those legends during the test. His name is Michael Cormyr and it’s his temple your going to and here’s the reason why: After seeing you fight Alberdyne Cormyr from observing your astral battle, I made a request to heaven to have his father; Michael Cormyr. I saw you shine fighting him, now I want you to test your newfound power on a stronger opponent who uses the same technique.”

Yamcha listened closely as the Elder Kai continued to speak, “Remember, you must surpass your current skill set to win. You had druid training from Kami, so you know what you must do.”

Elder Kai then focuses his energy and his eyes flare up. Yamcha has a film of energy come about his body and is now teleported to the front of testing grounds in heaven.

Yamcha looked around as he saw people in hoods standing in a line on either side of him. This must be the place He said as he walked forward, following the path infront of him. He looked to his front, not wanting to disrespect the hooded psionic worshipers of Michael Cormyr, each one standing staring at Yamcha underneath their hoods. Within a few moments, he was at the front door; but there was a man holding a scroll. “Come with me,” He said as Yamcha walked up the stairs. He then walked inside, reaching a chamber of doors. “The one ahead is your test, straight ahead.” Yamcha stopped. “Who are you?” The man who held a scroll said as he stopped in the center of the room. His hood was down, and he spoke. “I’m an alien who was saved by the teachings of kanassa but when I spoke of the doctorine to my combat team, I got murdered.” Yamcha just frowned. “That’s hard, well your happy now, and I gotta go and do a test for heaven now so thanks for your help.”

Yamcha now ready, walked to the front door and opened it, a white light overtaking the room as the door opened. Yamcha walked inside, through the door; curious to how the father of Alberdyne Cormyr was going to fight him. He knew he’d use psionic powers but the father was noticeably stronger then the strong, as Yamcha sensed the spiritual energy that lied behind the door as it opened.

845 words

Yamcha the banned
Yamcha the banned
Former Member
Former Member

Back to top Go down

Heaven's Challenge Empty Re: Heaven's Challenge

Post by Game Master 7/10/2012, 4:41 pm

There were few warriors in the universe that had lived to see the things that he had seen.

A Kanassan, Michael Cormyr was not a native of the known universe. In his oldest stories, he stated he was from a far away place called Ayenee. The Heaven of The Kronith warriors. Somewhat similar to The Vikings of Earth. Kroniths held their own religious beliefs, but respected all others to their own. It was known that Michael Cormyr oft disagreed with The Kai for their way of doing things. They acted too slow. Michael was a firm believer of action. He was talking to one of The Elder Kai in the temple they had set aside for worship of The Omniverse. Omniverse prospects were popping up all the time and Earth needed effective students of it in order to surpass the coming darkness. Michael had taken up that call and in his spare time, he could be found in The Omniverse temple training students at length. Doctrine was critical to a student of The Omniverse as it was not a form of martial arts. It was more like an ancient pagan religion. Michael knew this as he was the single most powerful user of The Omniverse to date.

As he stood at the head of the temple he discussed a matter with The Elder Kai.

"There aren't enough Masters. Or Heroes stepping up." Michael was saying. "The warrior Cell, and his companion, Broly have grown powerful." Michael tapped his chin and then turned to look at a prospective student. "Don't try so hard Luke." Michael told the youngster. "You must focus, but The Omniverse only responds if you allow it to fill you completely."

"Like this, Sensei?" And the boy, Luke suddenly had a powerfully glowing electromagnetic field around him. It was not the famous Ki of The Saiyans. It was a physical manifestation of The Omniverse and it's dedicated belief system.

"The young Learner is quick." Michael said. "You have vast potential, Luke." Michael walked over to Luke and touched his forehead gently. A symbol, The Third Eye Chakra, glowed with power. "Your potential is there, Learner." Michael said. "The Omniverse will flow directly through your very being. It will fill each of your Chakra points completely and you will harness their power." Michael saw a group of several students meditating before a Kanassan piece of technology. It was a called an Omni Crystal. Michael knew what they did, but the students were still learning it's secrets. Michael saw tendrils of energy flowing from The Omni Crystal to each of the students who were meditating before it. At the very back of the temple was an altar and a statue dedicated to The Omniverse. Michael studied which of the tendrils were brightest, and which of the tendrils still needed considerable work. Each tendril signified a connection to The Omniverse that was unique. Michael wore his tench coat open, and his muscles were visible, along with the many potent Kronith symbols he had etched on his body.

He did not have a shirt on.

He kept his arms folded across his chest as he focused on the thoughts of all of his prospective students. There were about fifty students gathered and he could train them all by himself with his mastery of The Omniverse. Omni was a fiercely dedicated religion and defectors were dealt with harshly. That is, those who were caught. All though rare, there were defectors and Michael was not responsible for their actions. Nor was the temple itself. Omni was a gift. Michael often preached. A gift that required a strong willed user. Some users became Heroes, others, well...The Judicars would judge their actions. "Remember, my students. The manifestation of Omni within each of you physically shapes your own destiny. Some of you will take it to a dark place, others will take it to a bright one. I look forward to seeing each of you develop. The Omni is not just a weapon, but it will become your best friend. It will become a part of you, always. And will always be with you."

That was when Michael's sense went off. He detected a powerful Ki approaching the temple proper. Turning towards the ki presence, The Kai walked over to him.

"Master Cormyr." The Kai said. "That is the one I spoke to you about. Wolf Brother, Yamcha."

"Ah." Michael said. "The boy that my son often thinks about." Michael said. He then turned to The Kai. "What would you have me do?" Michael suddenly asked.

"He is cleared to undergo The Challenge." The Kai said.

"A prospective student? Or a worthy opponent?" Michael asked.

"He has undergone the challenges of Heaven. Only this remains. Where you two go from there will be up to you." The Kai said. "He is strong Master Cormyr."

"I am aware." Michael responded. "I shall proceed with this task." Michael suddenly floated up and off the ground. His students paused their training to look at Michael as he moved so elegantly. Michael flew towards the approaching form of Yamcha. He stopped directly in front of Yamcha. He did not completely land on the ground, but he kept to a few inches off the ground. Michael took a good look at Yamcha. "You know my son." Michael began. He closed his eyes for a moment, and then opened them. "Yes. You two have met several times in fact. I must apologize on his behalf." Michael said. "When you two first met, my son was going through a problem. At the time he was under a lot of stress. Please become friends with him. My son needs to side with Earth's warriors." Michael said. "He has tremendous potential with The Omniverse." Michael chuckled after that. "Forgive me, Yamcha. I am an old man after all." Michael smiled. "I am Michael Cormyr. The boy, Alberdyne, is my son." Michael tapped his chin for a moment. "You seem like a strong warrior. What challenge is it that The Kai have set before you? Do tell me, lad." Michael asked, and waited for Yamcha to speak.

Game Master Word Count=1,021
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamcha the banned 7/10/2012, 6:27 pm

Yamcha appeared in a room where there were many students of Michael Cormyr training in this main room of the temple. Yamcha looked around seeing various training technique and wondered if in future, he could adopt some of these exercises to his own training regime. Suddenly he spotted someone floating towards him. As he locked eyes with him, a psionic spark went through his mind and he knew this man was the one he was supposed to see about the challenge of heaven after passing the trials.

The warrior then stopped a few feet in front of him but wasn’t even touching the ground however, he was hovering a few inches off of it. The founder/creator of the very temple Yamcha stood in suddenly began to speak.

Michael took a good look at Yamcha. "You know my son." Michael began. He closed his eyes for a moment, and then opened them. "Yes. You two have met several times in fact. I must apologize on his behalf." Michael said. "When you two first met, my son was going through a problem. At the time he was under a lot of stress. Please become friends with him. My son needs to side with Earth's warriors." Michael said. "He has tremendous potential with The Omniverse." Michael chuckled after that. "Forgive me, Yamcha. I am an old man after all." Michael smiled. "I am Michael Cormyr. The boy, Alberdyne, is my son." Michael tapped his chin for a moment. "You seem like a strong warrior. What challenge is it that The Kai have set before you? Do tell me, lad."

Yamcha stood a bit serious around this man. He was Alberdyne’s father and he had to come correct. He replied. “Yes, I see it. I first fought your son in the astral plane. He was guarding the realm I appeared in and I attacked him. He said I was his enemy after that little fight. Back then, I thought strength was the only thing that mattered. But I soon learned that courage, valor and horror are what matter. Time past after I first met your son Alberdyne. I then returned and ate a meal with him, I said I was sorry and he said he was sorry too! What a son you have, so humble yet noble.”

Yamcha then changed the subject, “Now about me; I was trying to defend the turtle hermit Roshi when he was old from Cell and then got sent flying for a long distance, falling on the ground and making a large crater which I got out of after a while with my minion’s help who I died for by the way.”

The Human Warrior then continued, “I fought Cell when I recovered with my minion and lost. The fight was hot! I was performing strong moves and Cell would always bounce back. It’s like I was fighting some perfect machine…then a strong attack got me then I got crushed by some unseen force. One second I was going to slice his arms off and the next, I’m on the ground with a collapsed chest. I died and decided to search for what I heard about on my last trip to otherworld. You see there was talk of a sword that would be bestowed to the champion of the kais. It’s called the Z-sword and I have past the last trial. But before I can use the blade, I must complete the final test of heaven’s challenge which is proving my strength to one more skilled then i. I said more skilled and not stronger. Because a car is nothing without knowing how to drive.”

Yamcha then placed his left hand on the top of the hilt of his Roga Zet Katana which was in a sheath by his left hip. “So send your most skilled student to perform the test, I must know…I must know!!!!! Yamcha roared as his wanting to know how skilled he was controlled his emotions, his psionic pressure was somewhat causing his powers to be more focused as he was talking correct with Michael. It caused the technique called Ki Control to raise his power from five percent of his full power to sixty seven percent of his true power. The ground started to crack around him as his psychic powers kicked in, causing a wave of hard tension for everyone to feel as well as his anticipation of battle strengthening his psionic power so it would feel heavy for most of the weaker students.

Yamcha now looked at Michael as his eyes sparked with psionic power, looking like his mind was trying to increase the gravity. “I trained as a wolf druid on earth, I took martial arts and weapon training! I am not weak sir, I am quite skilled with my wolf fang fist and many martial arts technique I learned from master Roshi; the Turtle Hernit.”

The ground began to crack more, pieces of tile floating into the air from the focused power that Yamcha had trained on the Sacred Planet of the Kais, psionic bolts were now crackling about his body. His energy was rising as his Ki Control Technique pushed his power to ninety nine percent of his true power. He then calmed down, looking at Michael, his power emitting off him as emerald green chi comes off of his body. He then began to smile at the father of Alberdyneg then spoke to him soon after, “I also have spiritual mastery and this turtle school training outfit which has been blessed by the God of the North Quadrant. I saw him when I first died.” Yamcha then took a breath, getting his Ki Control Technique back under control and suppresses to half of his true battle fighting power. “But I digress, I’d like to begin.”

814 words
1659 words

Actions

1) Ki control (from 5% of true power to 67% of true power), psychic powers rank 3 +5FP

2) Ki control (from 67% of true power to 99% of true power), psychic powers rank 3 +5FP

3) Ki control (from 99% of true power to 50% of true power.), Calmed down psychic powers rank 3.
Yamcha the banned
Yamcha the banned
Former Member
Former Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 7/10/2012, 7:53 pm

Michael studied the boy before him.

He spoke at length and Michael absorbed it all, listening to every detail that Yamcha revealed. It all mattered to him. Yamcha had seen his son. Most importantly, he had seen his son in action. Michael was proud of his son, but he had never had the chance to fully express it. There were lives that needed to be saved, too many souls hung in the balance. There was very little chance for family. So when the news that his son had left Kanassa had finally reached his ears, Michael had grown saddened. This suffering, he kept to himself. He was a Father after all, and the needs of the many far out weighed the needs of the few. Or the one. Once Yamcha was done speaking, and had gone through several stages of powering up and powering down, Michael smiled. It was an honest smile. He could see why his son admired Yamcha. Once the youth was done manipulating the secrets of Psychic Powers, Michael had learned all that he needed to know. The boy had potential. Michael made a gallant gesture and bowed gently towards Yamcha. Once he straightened himself his expression became grave.

"The creature you spoke of is an enemy to All." Michael motioned to The Kai who were present. "They have revealed it's name to me. Cell. The very name you have spoken as well. Your coming to us confirms are darkest fears. The tides of The Dark move. There is very little time left." Michael moved towards Yamcha. "Perhaps. Your arrival is also fate." Michael continued. "When you are ready, I can teach you the secrets of this temple. The very same secrets my students are learning even now. But that is only when you are ready. When the twilight has dawned upon you, you will listen to The Calling of Omniverse." Michael nodded. "But alas. I digress. You seek a challenge do you not? Then it is my humble honor to be your challenge. You are not to fight one of my students today. None are ready to face you." There was a hint of disappointment in his words. "But you must be Tested. All of Earth's Heroes will be." Michael closed his eyes and kept them closed for a moment. He had an expression on his face as if he were listening to something far away. When a bell in the temple suddenly went off, everything stopped.

Each of the fifty or so students that were present suddenly stood up and looked at Michael and Yamcha.

The Kai used instant transmission to appear before Michael and Yamcha.

The Kai wore a sad smile on his face. "The hour grows late, Master Cormyr." The Kai said.

"Yes. I know that time is always against us." Michael said and then looked at Yamcha. "Follow me Yamcha. We will conduct your trial outside. My students shall bare witness to the proceeding events, and so shall The Kai with their blessings."

"We have foreseen these events." The Kai suddenly said. Though there was one, he spoke in a pluralistic fashion. "Yamcha, your trial shall commence as soon as you are ready."

"Don't worry." Michael said to The Kai. "I will be certain to push him to his limits. Once he is done training under me, a new Hero shall emerge, worthy of the title of Champion of Earth." Michael then moved to step out of the temple.

All of Michael's students and The Kai soon followed. Outside, there was a pretty grassy area. In the center of the small field there lay a square pool with a statue in the middle representing The Kai. Water poured from the mouth of the statue. Michael stood on top of the water. He motioned for Yamcha to join him. In Heaven, the weather was pleasant and many birds cawed in the distance. There was a forest surrounding the temple. Michael stood a few paces away from the statue in the pool. His reflection was clearly visible on the surface of the water. His students surrounded the pool and sat down in a lotus position. They watched the proceeding events as they would unfold, knowing they could not interfere. The Kai was the only other individual standing. A path had been cleared for Yamcha to move towards Michael so that they could begin. Michael held out his hand and a small song bird approached his hand, flying into it. Michael held the small, delicate creature and placed it on his shoulder.

As he stood there, one of the symbols on Michael's chest began to light up.

"Yamcha. As The Kai so elegantly stated, we are running out of time." Michael had a saddened expression on his face. "The ones who would take everything from you, are moving. They never sleep. And neither should we." Michael released the bird from his possession and allowed it to fly away to a nearby tree. It seemed to watch the battle from a safe distance. "You have family. Friends. A lover, I am certain." Michael suddenly moved into a relaxed combat position. He spread his arms as if they were wings. His head moved somewhat forward in an arch. He looked almost like some sort of a Sorcerer might. His body spread out to form a perfect "X" type of position as he looked at Yamcha's approach. He never once drew a weapon. He could take Yamcha unarmed. "The forces of The Dark move against us, constantly!" Michael suddenly yelled. "The Scales of Balance are shifting in the favour of The Dark. We, the warriors of The Light must return balance in the universe!" Michael continued to lecture Yamcha. "Come now, boy. The hour is upon us and your task is laid before you. Plain as day. You must defeat me! In battle!" Michael said carefully wording the task into physical reality. Michael waved his left hand and a heavy stone flew towards it. Then, he threw the stone at Yamcha, controlling it's trajectory with his vast mental prowess.

The test was upon them all...

Game Master Word Count=1,025
Game Master TOTAL Word Count=2,046
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamcha the banned 7/12/2012, 3:45 pm

Yamcha calmed down after exposing his power. He wondered why he did that, usually the human warrior had perfect control over his Ki Control technique; but for some reason it just flared up, showing Michael close to his full power and psionic capabilities. Michael was then seen smiling. Yamcha thought that one of the students in the temple sparked something in his mind to show the father of Alberdyne the power he was hiding from all so he would know what laid before him. It could have also been the Kai that resided in this temple; Yamcha didn’t really know. As he saw Alberdyne’s father smile, he chuckled. “Well I have trained in mixed martial arts…so of course my capabilities are going to be higher then what you’ve seen recently. Then again, otherworld has MANY fighters good and evil…I’m just trying to protect the way of life for all the people of Earth as well as the four quadrants as I’ve been called to do this final test.”

"The creature you spoke of is an enemy to All." Yamcha then saw Michael motioned to The Kai who were present. He then replied. “An enemy to all? Even evil itself? A devourer of souls I think he would be called. From what the Kais told me, there’s a devourer born every one thousand years. He was a tough enemy I’ll tell you. It was like…he was in complete control of the fight regardless of power or being outnumbered. That’s why I trained hard, searching for the sacred artifact of the Kais and doing the trials to obtain it.”

"They have revealed it's name to me. Cell. The very name you have spoken as well. Your coming to us confirms are darkest fears. The tides of The Dark move. There is very little time left." Michael moved towards Yamcha who then replied. “The Dark move? I remember something The Elder Kai told me. There is a theory he thought of: Evil exists within the living world through the actions of the residents of the living plane. Every choice makes good and evil spiritual energy which can be fed off of. Now darkness has reigned all through out the universe, so said the Elder Kai. He also said dark and light energy can be manipulated as well as be fed off of. This can be said about mystic items. Now the one I was fighting who was a Death God named Oroki worked for a group who wanted the dragon balls. But the real riddle is: why do they need all seven?”

"Perhaps. Your arrival is also fate. The creature you spoke of is an enemy to all. They have revealed it's name to me. Cell. The very name you have spoken as well. Your coming to us confirms are darkest fears. The tides of The Dark move. There is very little time left." Yamcha then felt like Michael struck a cord with him. His arrival could have been fate. To train with the father of someone who was one of nobility and honor to become better and be a role model to the son. He then frowned as he responded. “Time is always against us. But I think in my absence, evil might take care of itself. There are a lot of chiefs and not enough Indians.”

"When you are ready, I can teach you the secrets of this temple. The very same secrets my students are learning even now. But that is only when you are ready. When the twilight has dawned upon you, you will listen to The Calling of Omniverse."

Yamcha looked at Michael a tad confused. “What is the Omniverse? It sounds like something interesting to learn. I wouldn’t mind gaining the power of the Omniverse…maybe that will help me in my quest against the vile, villainy and wickedness the ‘master’ and his pawns represent.”

"But alas. I digress. You seek a challenge do you not? Then it is my humble honor to be your challenge. You are not to fight one of my students today. None are ready to face you." The mixed martial artist sensed a hint of disappointment in his words as he continued. "But you must be Tested. All of Earth's Heroes will be."

Yamcha replied “Aw, none of your students possess the skill of this ‘Omniverse’ you speak off to use it against me effectively? You’re the only one that had the discipline to professionally use the Omniverse against me? Okay I understand, I did say skill not power, I’m guessing it takes a while to master the Omniverse once learned.”

Suddenly a bell rang and a Kai teleported infront of Michael and Yamcha. "The hour grows late, Master Cormyr." Yamcha had a feeling that now they were going to begin the trial. The human warrior is then informed that they will begin the trial outside of the temple and would push him to his limits so the title of champion of earth would be well earned by Yamcha after the battle.

Outside, there was a pretty grassy area. In the center of the small field there lay a square pool with a statue in the middle representing The Kai. Water poured from the mouth of the statue. Michael stood on top of the water. He motioned for Yamcha to join him. In Heaven, the weather was pleasant and many birds cawed in the distance. There was a forest surrounding the temple.

Yamcha adopted an attack stance as he unsuppressed to sixty percent of his true power as he utilized his Ki Control technique. He then grinned. “Well here goes.” The rock was launched and came right directly at him. The human warrior then used his psychic powers to raise the water as a thick wall all around him as the rock hit the pond water, breaking on the defensive maneuver. After the rock broke, Yamcha used the speed burst technique to dematerialize from where he was at, the water coming down and the human warrior gone from view.

The mixed martial artist appeared above Master Cormyr, his back to the sky as he looked down at Alberdyne’s father. A triangle was formed with his hands on his upper chest facing Master Cormyr as he was bluring into existence. As he fully rematerialized, Yamcha unleashed a barrage of Tri-Beams from above Master Cormyr.

1076 words
2735 words total

Actions

1) Ki Control (60% of true power), Psychic powers Rank 3
2) Ki Control (60% of true power), Speed Burst, Neo Tri Beam Rank 3
3) Ki Control (60% of true power), still performing Neo Tri Beam Rank 3
Yamcha the banned
Yamcha the banned
Former Member
Former Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 7/15/2012, 8:58 pm

(Note: I have permission from Yamcha to enter him into The Omniverse itself)

The stone that Michael Cormyr threw stopped in midair. For a few moments, it seemed to rotate there in place as if it were moved by ghost like hands. Michael knew the fellow was gonna attack. No time! Michael thought to himself. The technique that was used on him was one that he knew very well. In response, Michael Cormyr used a different strategy before The Neo beam could strike. Michael released his control of The Omniverse. Utilizing Omniverse Mastery, Michael summoned his manifestation of the other place into physical reality. When the physical manifestation appeared in the mortal coil, Michael knew what would happen next. Yamcha's attack was absorbed by The Omniverse, and Michael soon vanished into it. The Omniverse would attempt to suck Yamcha into it as well. "This is your story now, Yamcha." Michael said as he awaited within the core of The Omniverse. Outside, it would appear as if a sphere of darkness would have consumed both Michael and Yamcha. That wasn't too far from the truth. Michael floated within the dimensional location of The Omniverse. Deep within it's core, what awaited was an out crop of various crystals made of lustrous Omniverse energy. Michael kept his hands in his pocket as he looked at Yamcha enter The Omniverse.

"You have potential, boy." Michael said. "That was an entry with conviction. Many students don't complete this first part right away." Michael seemed different from how he was previously, somehow, he seemed more relaxed. Michael looked at Yamcha carefully. "I am bending the rules of your trial ever so subtly. The Earth needs Warriors and Defenders. The Kai has tasked me with passing on what I have learned to a new generation of Defenders." Michael continued to float there. "You must refine your technique. The Omniverse chooses it's hosts. When the hour is upon you, you will know which Crystal is yours." Michael said. "But I digress, I know I must challenge you, so here goes!" Michael smiled as he looked at Yamcha. There was no hatred in his eyes, only a sort of serene calmness that was almost beautiful to behold. Something about the serenity of that old Hero made Michael seem like was the very essence of an angelic entity. Michael kept a few paces off of the ground as he looked at Yamcha, never taking his eyes off of the other Warrior. "I can see why my son thinks of you so often now. You are very brave. A credit to your race." Then, Michael into a combat position, focusing on his power. Michael's body began to bristle with power. "I sense a lot of power within you. But child, it is unfocused power." Michael removed one of his hands from his pockets, and pointed towards Yamcha. "Begin mission, Yamcha." Michael commanded. Then, he suddenly rushed towards Yamcha. Within his element, Michael was a master tactician. He reached with both of his arms and attempted to physically grab Yamcha with a presumed Strength advantage. If he successfully grabbed Yamcha, he would proceed to perform a basic Grappling Slam. But only if he succeeded.

Game Master Word Count=542
Game Master Total Word Count=2,588

~Summon The Omniverse
1-Summon The Omniverse to Evade Yamcha's Action.
2-Attempt a basic Grapple into a Slam.

Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamcha the banned 7/16/2012, 2:32 am

Yamcha thought he had the advantage with one of his strongest energy attacks known to the martial arts world: The Neo Tri-beam Technique. It was pretty much a volley of ten to twelve strong Tri-Beams in quick sound succession. But as he began his attack, a strange but holy energy overtook Michael and Yamcha, the attack swallowed by the holy sphere of spiritual energy that enveloped about Michael. What the, this must be the omniverse he was speaking about, the power it holds is just amazing! He thought to himself as he witness Michaels mastery over the omniverse. It happened so fast that Yamcha had no time to dodge it. Within moments the human warrior was sucked into the holy sphere and was no longer in the forest but in a sub dimension.

Yamcha now floated down into the purgatory type plane which was really the Omniverse, he looked around and saw crystals everywhere and was confused. He didn’t know if he had to focus his power through one of the crystals or if he had to search for it. Suddenly Michael spoke,

"You have potential, boy; that was an entry with conviction. Many students don't complete this first part right away." Yamcha replied. “Then I must have some hidden potencial then. Continue. Michael smiled as he looked relaxed and saintly and responded to Yamcha,

"I am bending the rules of your trial ever so subtly. The Earth needs Warriors and Defenders. The Kai has tasked me with passing on what I have learned to a new generation of Defenders. You must refine your technique. The Omniverse chooses it's hosts. When the hour is upon you, you will know which Crystal is yours."

Yamcha popped a question. “Sir? Are these crystals the entry keys to the omniverse or do they just hold the power of the omniverse?” Michael, happy with his question responded "I can see why my son thinks of you so often now. You are very brave. A credit to your race. I sense a lot of power within you. But child, it is unfocused power." Yamcha frowned. “It’s always unfocused. Well lets begin then.”

Yamcha suddenly felt Michael’s energy get serious and readied himself for an assault. The Angelic Master then shot forward in an attempt to grapple the human warrior and slam him onto the ground.

Not wanting to get slammed, Yamcha used Ki Control to unsuppress his power as well as using another technique to enhanced his movements a bit. As well, he used the afterimage ability to escape his grasp. The human warrior now much stronger then previously appeared on the left flank of Michael with his arms out straight and his palms facing the father of Alberdyne. There was electricity surging through his palms and within a brief second, Yamcha launched a Lighting Blast Surprise Attack which would if successful, give Michael a shocking reception.

486 words

Actions

1) Ki control (Full power without transformation), Enhanced movements, Afterimage
2) Lightning Blast
3) none
Yamcha the banned
Yamcha the banned
Former Member
Former Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 7/18/2012, 11:52 pm

The very air sizzled with power after Michael's attack was thwarted by the accursed technique; After Image. The fact that Yamcha had used it showed Michael that the kid was quick on his feet and able to come up with a simple plan. Then, the air became super heated for a few moments. Tendrils of electricity lashed out to taste Michael's flesh like the kiss of a long forgotten lover. Yamcha had used the technique called Lightning Blast to full effect. It had struck Michael at point-blank range and caused significant damage considering that their Power Levels were so close to one another. However, The Lightning Blast would not be able to knock Michael out, even at Rank 3. So, in true Kronith fashion, Michael simply took the hit. His body had cascading streams of electricity surging around his person, but he seemed to be fine. Michael had seen many of the more exotic combat Techniques in his life, and knew some were effective, others were a waste. Michael was a Kronith, and the school of The Warrior Arts that Kroniths followed were quite specific. Kroniths used efficiency and many diversified tactics against opponents. Most importantly; the average Kronith was a powerful Psionic. Amongst these, Michael was the best of the best.

Recovering from the potent attack, Michael regained his balance. "After Image." Michael said with a grin on his face. "Very good." Then, he was on the move again. All though Michael was powerful, one of his critical weaknesses was that he was not FAST. No Kronith was known for speed, but they were built for Endurance and Strength. So it was no surprise that Yamcha's attack proved fruitful. However, Michael could dish out plenty of surprises. He suddenly activated a basic Speed Burst and flew towards Yamcha. Michael had a lot of tactics at his disposal. But he wanted to be certain he could test Yamcha to the fullest possible distance. Michael needed to keep The Champion on his toes. So again, with the assistance of Speed Burst, Michael used his powerful hands in an attempt to grab Yamcha once more. Michael was a physical Warrior, all Kroniths were. So he would use the tactics that he knew best. The most critical aspect of this second attempt, was that Michael was reaching forward with one powerful hand. If his grab attempt was successful...

Michael knew what he wanted to do. If he should grab Yamcha this time around, he intended to engage the other Champion in close-quarters martial combat. Kroniths were expert skirmishers. All he needed to do was grab Yamcha and the punishment would begin. Michael knew that he could have simply just used his vast mental powers on Yamcha. That is not what The Kai ordered of him. Michael was a man of honour. He would not disrespect The Kai with his own desires, so, he found himself holding back considerably and playing with Yamcha's head as best as he could. Let them think you're weak when you're really Strong... Michael thought to himself as he waited to see if his grab was successful. He was attempting to literally get on Yamcha's nerves...

~Actions~
~Took Lightning Blast Rank 3 dead on, took some damage.
Action 1-Speed Burst
Action 2-Second attempt to Grab Yamcha and engage in wrestling tactics.

Word Count=537
Total Word Count=3,125
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamcha the banned 7/20/2012, 2:18 am

Yamcha; the Mixed Martial Artist smirked as he evaded the grapple of Michael and nailed him with a rank three Lighting Blast. The attack landed and the human warrior knew that the father of Alberdyne was resilient and wouldn’t go down so easily. Yamcha not wanting to stay still too long, used his two speed techniques; Speed boost and Enhanced Movements together at about the same time Michael used speed boost to shoot towards him.

Somehow the angelic master was keeping up with him as images of Yamcha evading Michael could be seen within the pocket dimension within the omniverse. But with each evade, Michael was getting closer. The human warrior knew that it was going to be an eventuality where he was going to be grabbed by the father of Alberdyne.

He couldn’t afford to wrestle this man, he was much stronger then him, he knew he was getting pushed to his limits so he had no choice, he would have to draw and utilize his wolf spiritual energy and stop trying to get a feel for the heroic teacher.

So it’s come down to this He thought to himself as he was still evading, the hand of Michael reaching closer and closer to him, half inch by half inch each time. I have no choice, I’m going to have to transform He then used afterimage as Michael reached close enough to grab Yamcha, his hand going through the false image. As he vanished, the whole realm began to rain in power.

Yamcha standing on high ground above Michael as the human warrior’s physical being quickly got engulfed with blue flames about his body, the flames so hot that if Michael went to grab him, his hand would be badly burnt. As the flames got absorbed into Yamcha’s body, he had fangs in his teeth, eyes like a wolf and claws where his fingers were, He also had silver hair down his back.

He then zipped from his location, moving much faster and appeared underneath, between Michael’s legs with his hands in the form of a triangle. He quickly attempted to grab both ankles of Michael with stealth like speed and accuracy. His attack would surely end this test and would prove to the father of Alberdyne that he had what it took to be a hero.

This was all done upon rematerializing from his pure speed. Soon he drew energy and electricity came through his body like a conduit, soon it went through his body and his hands that would be holding onto Michael as he attempted to perform an attack learned from Roshi that was called Shocking Grasp. A dangerous, deadly and fatal technique that could kill a man from the inside out. But Yamcha needed to take this man down. He was dead set on using grappling techniques so he used one of his own.

Yamcha then used speed boost to disappear from where he was at and appeared on his opponents left flank, roaring as he preformed the flaming aura technique to gathering spiritual flames that would boost up his muscles reaction time and power.

Yamcha, now more powerful, went ahead and used the wolf fang fist technique, the illusion of a flaming wolf was seen coming after Michael upon his left flank jabbing at his left kidney, ribs, thigh and waist with his front right paws. This was really Yamcha kicking towards the already mentioned areas with his right legs, landing toe chops upon the targeted areas while under the illusion of Wolf fang fist.

The flaming wolf then shot forward with a hard head butt to the left side to his waist. This was Yamcha performing a hard punch to ‘said’ area. He hoped that this would hurt Michael long enough so he can land a KOing blow or finish the test.

639 words
3860 words total

Actions

1) Speed Boost, Enhanced Movements, Afterimage
2) Transformed, Shocking Grasp
3) Transformed, Speed Boost, Flaming Aura, Wolf Fang Fist

Yamcha the banned
Yamcha the banned
Former Member
Former Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 7/20/2012, 2:35 pm

So that's how it is huh? After Image over and over? Michael grinned as he missed his grab attempt. Yamcha was refusing to take any hits, there could be no test. To confirm his feelings about Yamcha, the boy had the nerve to Transform in front him. This made Michael actually angry. This is what The Kai send me?! Michael thought to himself as Yamcha released his assault. Once Michael's eyes darted to follow Yamcha's position The Kronith knew he had to end things then and there. Yamcha was not ready. Yamcha was not worthy. There was an Omni Crystal with Yamcha's name on it once he matured as a Warrior, but that could possibly take several life times. Michael decided to abort The Challenge. So when the attacks came on, Michael did the only sensible thing he could do. Fighting Yamcha was a pointless endeavor, if he did not want to take any hits or learn any of his teachings. Michael then focused and used his vast powers to call upon an overlooked Technique. Within a moment just as Yamcha's attack reached it's zenith, Michael released a scream and did a very simple effect: Kiai Shield Rank 3.

"We are done." Michael suddenly said as he took some damage from Yamcha's attack. "You are powerful, Yamcha." The Omniverse suddenly vanished from sight and reverted back into Michael's Atma. They were both standing a few paces away from the meditation pool. "But you are not worthy of The Omniverse. The Kai see something in you that I do not see. Go back and review your basic training with The Kai, or back with Master Kami. You have much to learn." Then Michael looked over at The Kai who was present. "I am done here." Michael told The Kai. "He is not worthy of Heaven's Challenge at this point, but may attempt it again at a later date." Michael was frustrated, the bastard had Transformed! How appalling to think that punk kid would disrespect me like that. Michael thought to himself and walked away to tend to his minor injuries he had sustained. Michael hoped that his son, Al, could still reach Yamcha in some way. As it stood, Yamcha was set in his ways and refusing to learn anything. He had power, but no discipline. Michael needed to rest, he had exhausted himself in bringing Yamcha into The Omniverse in the first place and did not even acknowledge Yamcha as he left.

Then, The Kai approached Yamcha.

"Ah yes." The Kai said carefully. "Unfortunately we cannot continue with your Trial at this point." The Kai smiled carefully. "When you are ready, come back to us and attempt The Challenge once again. Your bravery is note worthy but what is lacking is not your Technique." The Kai walked up to Yamcha, and touched him on the forehead. "It is what is in your Atma that lacks. My friend, Michael was going to train you with The Omniverse if you passed, but that cannot occur at this time. When you return to us, you will be ready." The Kai said. "For the time being go back, and continue your training Wolf-Brother Yamcha." The Kai then vanished. All that was left at that point was the temple with the students quietly meditating on what they had just seen...

~FIN~

Word Count=561
FINAL Word Count=3,686

~Actions~
~The Omniverse Reverted back within Michael.
~Michael concluded The Challenge.
Action 1-Kiai Shield on Shocking Grasp
Action 2-Kiai Shield on Flaming Aura
Action 3-Damage from Wolf Fang Fist and previous attacks.
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down