Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Matter How Much Things Change, They Always Stay the Same (Complete)

Go down

No Matter How Much Things Change, They Always Stay the Same (Complete) Empty No Matter How Much Things Change, They Always Stay the Same (Complete)

Post by Sairai 7/27/2012, 5:16 pm

Sairai looked at the computer screen for a moment, uncomprehending. "Wh-what did you just say?"

"I said incoming transmission from one who calls himself King Cold. I assumed a blank AI face, so he would not know I was related to you. Is there something the matter, Sairai?"

"Something, yes. King Cold is the leader of my race, at least the leader of my race on my home planet, Frieza #79. He's a cold, heartless monster who doesn't believe that mercy nor compassion are strengths, though he did allow me to leave the planet alive instead of killing me for my insubordination."

"I see. Should I redirect him to a false address and take care of it myself?"

"No," Sairai said, a dark look on his face. "We'd only be delaying the inevitable. I gave you my personal network ID with the knowledge I'd likely be contacted over this channel by the PTO. Patch him through."

A few seconds passed before a holographic screen showing the cruel, twisted smirk of the leader of the PTO appeared before the young Changeling. "Ah, Sairai. I was hoping that since you reestablished your com link using whatever archaic technology was at your disposal..." The King looked past Sairai and surveyed his surroundings before continuing, "that you'd accept incoming transmissions."

"Yes, milord. I might be in my... self-imposed exile, but I am still as loyal to you as I always was."

"I expect no less from my subjects, whether they are near or far. To rouse my displeasure would be... unwise."

"Yes, my lord."

"Anyway, I think we've wasted enough time, mine and yours," the red-eyed man said, his eyes locking onto those of his underling. "I've contacted you for a purpose. Your brother will be paying you a visit shortly on..." Cold looked away from the screen for a moment as he checked the coordinates for the planet. "Earth? You're on Earth?" The tyrant appeared to be on the verge of breaking out in laughter, but settled on a low chuckle. "I'm surprised you found the parts to build a working transmitter, much less tech strong enough to have such a clear connection."

"You'd be surprised what can be found on Earth, milord, though the source of my transmission is not from Earth, per se."

"Oh?"

"I've gained command of a ship, and I set my signal up through it."

"Did you take it over?"

"Well, no... The ship was abandoned when I found it. Only the onboard AI was left, and I gained administrative access. For all intents and purposes, it's mine now."

"Ah... Strange to find an abandoned ship so close to Earth. Must be some old as dirt model from some other race."

"That'd be my guess, milord. When should I expect Hale to show up?"

"Within the next few months. He has a few missions on his way, so he'll be held up for awhile, depending on the length of time it takes him to conquer the planets I've sent him to."

"Understood, so within the next few months to a year. Knowing Hale, he'll want to personally attend to the extermination of any remaining resistance."

"Yes, you're likely right. I will personally order him to keep it as speedy as possible. I know the two of you are... dying to see one another."

More like one of us is likely to kill the other within a few moments of his landing, you mean, Sairai thought, always able to sense if not outright read the thoughts of those he talked to.

"Well, yes, that too. I can't wait to see which of you comes out the victor if that comes to pass."

"Since when can you read minds over the ether?"

"I can't. You need to remember how to hide your expressions, or else your brother might be the one walking away with your had in his hands."

Sairai smiled wickedly at the image of his lord and master, a man whose influence he'd never be able to escape. "Milord, begging your pardon, but..."

"Yes?"

The smile on Sairai's face grew a little wider as he continued to hold his statement for dramatic effect. "I'd like to see him try to kill me. I've always been stronger than him, and I always will be."

"Yes, your grandmother had informed me of her failed attempt to brainwash you, and the subsequent second transformed state that you achieved. She was not punished as heavily as I'd have liked, but the information that you had grown powerful enough to grasp Super Nova... well, it pleased me. Your brother has not been half so impressive. His mastery of the Death Ball is limited at best, blows up in his face at worst. If he knew you'd mastered Super Nova at such a young age, he'd be absolutely crimson-faced."

The lord's voice was absolutely dripped glee. "Show me... The room you're in seemed big enough for a small one. Show me that you've mastered one of the strongest techniques of our race."

Sairai knew this was meant to be construed as an order, and that it served a dual purpose. It let King Cold verify the validity of the his grandmother's report, and served to give him an insight into how powerful a weapon his subject could be, or how large of a threat he could be should he prove to be willing to rebel.

The young Changeling lifted a single finger into the air as a small pinprick of energy appeared above him. Without a second thought, he began gathering his energy, pouring it into the Super Nova with surprising speed. The small ball expanded into the size of an asteroid before he cut off the energy flow.

The look of cold indifference on King Cold's face told Sairai all he needed to know. He had impressed the old man, and had secured his place on the list of useful weapons and potential enemies.

"Most impressive."

Sairai dispersed the ball of energy with a wave of his finger. "Why thank you, my lord."

"I'll leave you to your business. I have business affairs to set in motion, among them restoring your account. While I have no problem with people buying on our black market, I don't like one of my own kind having to skulk around in the shadows to avoid getting tracked to wherever he happens to have made his home. Consider your expense account reopened, and next time you need something, buy it up front. Using smugglers is bad for our image as Changelings."

"Yes, milord, thank you."

Sairai smiled slightly as the screen cut off, and went back to the Big Gete Star's AI. "You only told him half truths. You were never straightforward."

"Consider this one of your lessons on how social creatures work, then. Changelings are rarely if ever straightforward in their dealings with each other or with other races. As a rule, most of us are always looking for the upper hand on someone else. And you, my dear Star, are the greatest secret weapon a Changeling could ask for."

The face on the monitor smiled, as if compliments were rare. "Why, thank you sir."

"Any time you deal with King Cold, do so without using my face. I'd prefer he didn't know you're as advanced as you are."

"Understood."

"Alright... Is there anything else we need to do... Let me think... Oh yes, report any outside intruders trying to break into your network and ensure all outside interference is relegated to a dummy system filled with false information."

"What sort of false information?"

"Generally that I am in the process of preparing the planet for a future invasion by the PTO for its natural resources and that I am one hundred percent loyal to his cause, which is profiting off the misery of others."

"Understood."

"If I need anything specific, I'll let you know, but for now... I need to think things over. If Hale's on his way, then I don't have a lot of time to prepare. I have to set a place for him to meet me where we won't cause much collateral damage."

The Changeling sighed. "Family business is never pleasant. First grandmother... and as bad as she is, Hale's worse. That fanatic would bust the planet as soon as conquer it."

"Bust the planet?"

"It's a trick of words. He'd detonate the planet. Planet busting sounds a bit more harmless than planet destruction or detonation."

"If you say so. No matter what it seems bad to me, at least from the standpoint of anyone on the receiving end."

"It is. No matter what label you put on it, it still leaves a bad taste in the mouths of all but King Cold's most fanatical followers," Sairai said with a grimace.

"Ah, I see," said the mechanical being without so much as lifting an "eyebrow." The two continued talking to one another through the rest of the day and well on into the night, planning out their next steps in keeping Sairai's life on Earth secret from the PTO.

WC: 1,519
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 61
Race: Changeling

http://www.infinitedbz.com/t636-sairai-the-soft-hearted

Back to top Go down