Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showdown in the Astral Realm: Trunks vs Lord Frieza!

2 posters

Go down

Showdown in the Astral Realm: Trunks vs Lord Frieza! Empty Showdown in the Astral Realm: Trunks vs Lord Frieza!

Post by Goku 3/8/2012, 7:00 pm

After the disappearance of Capsule Corporation's Dr. Thomas, Trunks had spent most of the night contemplating. It wasn't out out of the ordinary for the young Half-Saiyan. Between nightmares and a constant urgency to reverse the fate of the universe, he had a lot on his plate. But, he needed sleep and knew the best way to tire his racing mind.

He sat up off of the bed and crossed the hotel room, grabbing his small battered duffel. Unzipping it, he rummaged around inside for a few seconds, before producing a shiny crimson crystal the size of his palm. Taking his seat in a nearby chair, he held onto the crystal and closed his eyes—concentrating his ki into it.

Within moments he felt himself spiraling. It was a strange sensation, to be stationary, yet feeling like he was going down a drain. Vertigo washed over him, but he held onto the contents of his stomach long enough to feel himself hit a proverbial rock bottom.

When he opened his eyes he was in a very strange place. It looked like he was standing on an asteroid that was in the outer orbit of an amethyst planet. Being the Astral Realm, he needed not to breath. Gravity also seemed normal, despite how small the hunk of space rock was.

Being well versed in the use of the Astral Gem for training, he knew it could take awhile before someone arrived. Time had no meaning here. Sometimes a trip into the Astral Realm lasted seconds, other times it could be hours. He plopped down on a rock protrusion, folding his legs sage style, and awaited his opponent.

Actions

1) Wait
2) Wait
3) Wait

WC: 275
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Showdown in the Astral Realm: Trunks vs Lord Frieza! Empty Re: Showdown in the Astral Realm: Trunks vs Lord Frieza!

Post by Old Frieza 3/8/2012, 8:10 pm

Frieza thrust out his hand into the dark void, aiming his energetic blast towards the Saiyan woman. With his last volley he would finally blast her into oblivion.

"Huh? What?!" The Changeling cried, suddenly finding himself in a very different place.

The female had vanished in an instant, leaving him seemingly alone. He quickly glanced around his new world, and then it dawned on him; he had been the one snatched from the arena, not the woman.

The familiar sense of astral unreality was still eerily upon him. He knew without a doubt that he was under the influence of the strange crimson gem held somewhere on his physical self. He had thought himself the master of the gem, able to resist its powerful charm, but it seemed as though its secrets eluded him still.

"Where did that Saiyan go? And where am I?" Frieza asked the new expanse set before him.

He scanned the sky above for any sign of his previous hovering foe. Instead of the blue clothed female, his vision was filled almost entirely by a violet planet looming heavily over him. He dragged up some of the soil beneath him, raising it with a single toed foot. He measured his new earth, then casually released it, deeming it unremarkable.

He tapped his foot several times, his confusion and impatience subconsciously affecting his movements. He folded his arms as the dust beneath him began to pick up, dirtying his white and gold armoured shins. He had quickly grown tired of his dry locale.

"Where's Zarbon when you need him..?" Frieza muttered to himself, sure his right hand man could help liven his outlook.

An ill tempered snort escaped the tyrant's nostrils, directing his anger towards the unknown force that had drawn him to the seemingly lifeless rock.

"Pfft! Maybe I ought to destroy this pathetic piece of space garbage..." Frieza thought out loud, his words quickly convincing himself to follow though with his threat.

The purple skinned Changeling leapt from his standing and rose into the air, turning towards the asteroid now moving steadily outward.

"I will not be subject to the will of any one... or any thing!" Frieza yelled, his previous 'mastery' of the Astral Gem completely forfeit despite his best efforts.

The interstellar tyrant raised a finger to the aim, and on the very tip, a tiny sphere of light sparked into life. Another burst of ki energy pulsed into the orb, doubling its size in an instant.

"This dream is over!" Frieza cried as he threw the ball of destruction straight at the flying rock.

Actions
1. Flight
2. Flight>Ki Ball
3. Take pride in a job well done

WC: 432
Old Frieza
Old Frieza
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Showdown in the Astral Realm: Trunks vs Lord Frieza! Empty Re: Showdown in the Astral Realm: Trunks vs Lord Frieza!

Post by Goku 3/8/2012, 9:58 pm

The sudden emergence of a ki signature reeled Trunks from his meditative state. It was quite large and had a heavy sense about it, as if the being in question had been fighting for quite some time. Trunks floated up got his bearings, before flying over the pock-mark landscape until he saw the tiny silhouette hovering in the middle of space. Nearing, he saw it was a short horned humanoid with a long tail; clearly some Xeno species that he had never encountered before.

“Pfft! Maybe I ought to destroy this pathetic piece of space garbage..." the Xeno said. "I will not be subject to the will of any one... or any thing!"

He raised one hand, finger extended and form a ball of ki that swelled in size. "This dream is over!"

Trunks saw him fire the ball and vanished, appearing on the ground beneath it in a blur of motion. He caught it with one hand. The immense pressure of the ki caused the rock beneath him to shatter like glass and he sunk into a deep crater. A massive dust cloud drifted away from the hole, sparkling in the hazy purple twilight. Feeling the energy burning his hand he bent at the knees and pushed off, vaulting the orb into space, where it sped off into the nothing, turning into a mere twinkle after a few seconds.

Rubbing his burned palm Trunks looked up at the Xeno and shook his head. “Throwing a fit isn't going to get you anywhere. You're not in a dream, friend. This is the Astral Realm. Your soul is no longer within your body and if you wish to return you need to calm down and withdraw back into yourself.”

Trunks proceeded to float up until he was level with the Xeno. “I'm not trying to chastise you, or be rude. I just know how you're feeling right now. The Astral Realm can be disorienting and confusing on the mind. My name is Trunks, I hail from a planet called Earth. Who are you friend?”

---

1) Flight + Speed Burst + - +10 FP
2) Deflection + Block - +14 FP
3) Flight + Rest - -9 FP

+15 FP gained this turn.

WC: 343
TWC: 618
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Frieza 3/8/2012, 11:20 pm

"—if you wish to return you need to calm down and withdraw back into yourself.” The purple haired Earthling spoke, his final words echoing in the Changeling's mind.

Withdraw back into myself? Frieza thought, a fit of laughter quickly cascading over his mind, Ha! If only this boy knew the terrible truth about my current form. He'd die laughing!

A small chuckle escaped the Changeling's lips, not seeming to bother the young human. The bowl haired man continued his friendly speech, finally concluding with an innocent—

"My name is Trunks, I hail from a planet called Earth. Who are you friend?”

Frieza pondered his response. He'd seen the Earthling boy not only intercept his ki attack but deflect it with relative ease. Humans weren't known for such fighting prowess, in fact, they weren't known for anything. As Frieza had said before, Earthlings were inferior to all other races. And yet this young lad, with his strange Earthling name, was obviously a cut above the rest.

"I am Lord Frieza, head of the Planet Trade Organisation and co-leader of the Galactic Trade Company." The Changeling spoke, his later boast somewhat stretching the truth.

The curious Frieza gave a seemingly playful bow, all the while keeping his crimson eyes upon the enigmatic human. There was something off about the man, something the galactic overlord couldn't quite place. Then it showed itself.

"You have a tail!" Frieza blurted out, instantly regaining his composure straight after his little shocked reply, "I mean... You're a Saiyan..."

The cold tyrant began to slowly circle the man known as Trunks, inspecting him further.

"Your clothes, your name... Even your eyes it seems... Yes, you're definitely not a full blooded Saiyan," Frieza spoke, his analysis nearing its completion, "No wonder you've never heard of me. Like you said, you hail from the planet Earth..."

Frieza slowed his rotation then came to a halt in front of the boy. The Changeling stretched his arms downward at a forty five degree angle, extending his fingers.

"I forgot to mention that I also rule over the Saiyan King Vegeta, and by extension his people and planet. I have given them freedom, technology and the thrill of battle, all just for their continuous loyalty. Now of course, you're not quite a full Saiyan, so I'll forgo the paperwork for now. But perhaps you could mull things over, maybe see how things really work in the rest of the galaxy. I think you'll find your place soon enough."

The Changeling's speech had ended. It was time to hear his subject's reply.

Actions
1. Talking
2. Talking
3. More talking

WC: 428
TWC: 860
Old Frieza
Old Frieza
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/9/2012, 5:07 am

"I am Lord Frieza, head of the Planet Trade Organisation and co-leader of the Galactic Trade Company,” the Xeno said and gave a curt bow. He studied Trunks and then glanced to his waist, where Trunks's grape colored tail was curled, looking like a hairy belt. “You have a tail!" Frieza said, surprise evident in his voice. He seemed to cool a short second later. "I mean... You're a Saiyan..."

So this is Frieza, Trunks thought to himself. But, he was rather unimpressed. For a being who ruled over so many, he wasn't as powerful as Trunks would have imagined. His ki signature was strong, by the standards of the galaxy, but nowhere near some of the more powerful beings Trunks had encountered.

Frieza circled him. Trunks could feel his eyes boring into him and shuddered visibly. There was something very eerie about the Galactic Lord, something Trunks couldn't really get a bead on.

"Your clothes, your name... Even your eyes it seems... Yes, you're definitely not a full blooded Saiyan," Frieza said. "No wonder you've never heard of me. Like you said, you hail from the planet Earth..."

His circling stopped and Trunks braced himself. He wasn't sure what Lord Frieza was up to. In the Astral Realm he could never truly injure Trunks. But, that didn't mean Trunks couldn't feel pain and suffering outside of his body. No, the pain endured while training felt very real.

"I forgot to mention that I also rule over the Saiyan King Vegeta, and by extension his people and planet. I have given them freedom, technology and the thrill of battle, all just for their continuous loyalty. Now of course, you're not quite a full Saiyan, so I'll forgo the paperwork for now. But perhaps you could mull things over, maybe see how things really work in the rest of the galaxy. I think you'll find your place soon enough."

He had heard stories and caught pieces of what his Father had said about Frieza. The Saiyan people, who in his Father's account, had been subjugated and by Frieza and his father King Cold. Such was the way of tyrants. They let people believe they had freedom, but in reality they were on a leash. If they remained within the leash's range, they wouldn't be choked. However, if they went too far, the rope suddenly became a noose.

“Pardon my ignorance Lord Frieza,” Trunks said. “It is true, my Father was a Saiyan. But, I know little about the Saiyan people and almost nothing about their masters. Oh, and I'm not entirely sure what you meant about me finding my place. I don't serve anyone who thinks themselves higher than others. Especially those who think themselves higher and that don't have the power to defeat me.”

Trunks stated it as a matter-of-fact, no hint of aggression in his voice. He wasn't trying to taunt Frieza, but he wasn't about to let the Xeno lord flaunt his status. Maybe his Grandfather and Father had bowed to Frieza, but he would never.

Damn, I just had to try the Astral Gem, didn't I? I couldn't have gotten anyone else?

---

Actions:

1) Flight - +1 FP
2) Flight - +1 FP
3) Flight - +1 FP

+3 FP gained this turn.
18 FP total.

WC: 528
TWC: 1,146
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Frieza 3/9/2012, 9:15 pm

“It is true, my Father was a Saiyan." The young lad spoke, freely offering up the details of his life.

Frieza was suddenly intrigued by the boy's parentage. The Changeling wondered if Trunks' father still lived, and why he had failed to pass on their race's standings in the Universe. The Saiyan halfling seemed respectful enough, yet he showed no look of fear or even hatred whilst in the Changeling's presence. The boy had obviously been failed by his father, perhaps intentionally leaving the racially split son in the dark regarding their race's relations with the Cold kind.

As his thoughts coalesced, Frieza brought a final worded question to his lips.

"So, child... Just who is your father? He's no doubt a commoner too ashamed of his halfbreed son to share with him his people's way," Frieza spoke, hoping for an answer, "Your Saiyan lineage seems to have left you with nothing but your tail. It's a pity, really."

Frieza hovered in the air, his arms folded tightly in front of him. He was in no position to easily defend himself in a pinch, but he had a feeling it would be some time until blows needed to be exchanged. Trunks' kind manners prevented him from attacking without provocation, and Frieza's wrath was kept under various levels of restraint.

Hopefully, the two would reach a peaceful resolution, leaving them both for the better having met under such pleasant circumstances. Their fate was left to their own mastery of communication, something which they had in spades. Unfortunately, they also had a lust for battle equally as great. It would take just a momentary shift in tone to tip the balance, leading them into an all out brawl.

Actions
1. Look who's talking
2. Look who's talking too
3. Now, look who's talking

WC: 287
TWC: 1,147
Old Frieza
Old Frieza
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/9/2012, 11:53 pm

"So, child... Just who is your father? He's no doubt a commoner too ashamed of his halfbreed son to share with him his people's way," Frieza said. "Your Saiyan lineage seems to have left you with nothing but your tail. It's a pity, really."

Trunks could see that this had become a verbal sparring match. It was to be expected. This Lord Frieza was most certainly not a hot-head. No, he wasn't anything like a Saiyan, or any sort of ki-wielding warrior at that. It seemed he could enjoy a good conversation or debate as much as cracking skulls. Trunks wondered if he enjoyed cracking skulls a tiny bit more.

No, who am I kidding, Trunks thought. This guy doesn't crack his own skulls. He has his henchmen do it and stands back laughing.

“You're probably right Lord Frieza,” Trunks said and shrugged. “My father was most likely afraid of bringing me back to Planet Vegeta, so he left me on Earth. I didn't know much about him, and only saw him a few times. However, don't get me wrong, I am happy with that result. I have the blood of the Saiyan, with all the power that brings. But, I have a much better reign over some of their more savage traits, thanks to my human upbringing."

Trunks sighed. He knew that Frieza would continue to probe him. But, he was getting bored. He had come to the Astral Realm to train, not stand around talking to some intergalactic gangster.

“Anyways, do you need my help in returning to your body or not? I have a lot of training to do, as I'm preparing for a big battle soon. You don't seem the type to help out a weak little Earthling with his fighting. So, what do you want to do Lord Frieza?”

---

Actions

1) Flight - +1 FP
2) Flight - +1 FP
3) Flight - +1 FP

+3 FP gained this turn.
21 FP gained total.

WC: 335
TWC: 1,481
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Frieza 3/10/2012, 10:51 pm

The cold Changeling could only feel a hidden sting when the Earthling suggested he'd need help in order to escape the Astral world. Frieza couldn't stand anyone mocking his skills, even if it was unintentional. Nevertheless, it would take more than a passing insult to get a rise out of the restrained tyrant.

"You don't seem the type to help out a weak little Earthling with his fighting. So, what do you want to do Lord Frieza?” The boy spoke, his pleasant tone paying little notice to the reverence that should accompany the utterance of the mighty Changeling's name.

Frieza could only guess that he'd touched a nerve with his earlier line of questioning. The Earthling's manner of speech had subtly shifted from gentle to rebellious mocking. It might not have been noticeable to any other fighter, but Frieza had heard the tone many times before, long since learning to distinguish it from a Saiyan's usual mindless chatter.

"What do I want to do?" Frieza asked, expecting no response from the boy, "Perhaps I will shatter your beliefs by suggesting we engage in a little spar. Maybe then you will rethink your initial opinion of me, hmm?"

Frieza's lust for fighting slowly came to the surface, licking against his practiced restraint. He couldn't wait to see just how much Saiyan blood ran within the Earthling.

Actions
1. Do a little dance
2. Make a little love
3. Get down tonight
(but not really)

WC: 225
TWC: 1,372
Old Frieza
Old Frieza
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 3/11/2012, 2:43 am

"What do I want to do?" Lord Frieza said. "Perhaps I will shatter your beliefs by suggesting we engage in a little spar. Maybe then you will rethink your initial opinion of me, hmm?”

Trunks frowned; he hadn't been expecting Frieza to react that way, instead he figured he would express disinterest. But, he could see now that his Half-Saiyan nature had instead peaked the Lord's curiosity.

But, did he really want to engage Lord Frieza? If he showed him up, or defeated him, that could spell bad things. He felt like a dumb-ass as the realization continued to set in. Before determining his enemy, he had given away his name and his home world. The worse part, it had been to one of the most notorious beings in the entire galaxy.

If he thought Trunks to be more powerful than he, it was a safe bet he might come to Earth. Or, if he was too busy, he might send some of his henchmen, to challenge Trunks in real life. The last thing he needed to do was to bring the wrath of the Planet Trade Organization down on little old Earth.

Trunks had never encountered someone like Frieza in the Astral Realm before, all of his other opponents had been warriors and martial artists, no one so insidious. It was a lesson well learned.

I can't really know that. He might think this all a bad dream and dismiss it, Trunks thought to himself. For the good of the people of Earth, it's better I not take that risk.

“I'm sorry Lord Frieza. Faced with the reality of facing your tremendous power, it seems I am far too afraid,” Trunks said, doing his best to sound the part. “I don't know if you're able to sense the spiritual energy of people, but if you could, you would know that you are far more powerful than I am. I will break the connection to our minds and you will return to your body.”

Trunks released his mental hold on the Astral Gem and the world around him distorted before dissolving into darkness. His eyes flickered open and he was sitting within the hotel room. Looking at his wrist watch, he saw that only a minute had passed.

Holding the gem up, he gazed at his own distorted reflection. He would have to be far more careful from now on. When he had received the gem from his former master, she had told him that it would connect him with like minded people. Well, it now seemed it could do the opposite as well.

There is no way I'm like Lord Frieza.

---

Lord Frieza wins.

WC: 444
TWC: 1,927
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Frieza 3/11/2012, 5:10 pm

"I don't know if you're able to sense the spiritual energy of people," The Earthling spoke, his tail swishing behind him, presumably in fear, "But if you could, you would know that you are far more powerful than I am."

Frieza instinctively brought a hand up to his head, reaching for his non-existent scouter device. As he realized his mistake, he clenched his outstretched fingers and brought his hand unceremoniously back down to his side. Luckily, the boy didn't seem to notice, or was perhaps too polite to say anything about it.

"I will break the connection to our minds and you will return to your body.” Trunks announced, leaving the Changeling with little time to react.

The Earthling closed his blue eyes, putting his own world into darkness. A moment later, Frieza was alone.

"Goodbye, Trunks of Earth." The dark tyrant spoke, the boy's name now etched firmly in his mind.

If Saiyans were truly breeding with humans, their offspring would no doubt turn out like the half-breed Trunks. Frieza wouldn't let notions of Earthling freedom sully his race of mindless warriors. If there were ever one being with both power and the will to use it, Frieza's days would certainly be numbered.

It was quickly decided: One race had to perish.

"Super Saiyans are a myth," Frieza spoke, his voice echoing through the vast expanse of space. "A Super half-Saiyan? Ha! Twice as impossible."

With his mind made up, Frieza let himself fall from the astral plane, the dreamlike world slowly crumbling down around him.

Actions
1. Agree upon genocide
2. Believe Super Saiyans aren't real
3. Exit the Matrix

WC: 257
TWC: 1,629
Spar complete.
Old Frieza
Old Frieza
Fighter
Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down