Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost in the Astral Realm (Crono vs Alberdyne)

2 posters

Go down

Lost in the Astral Realm (Crono vs Alberdyne) Empty Lost in the Astral Realm (Crono vs Alberdyne)

Post by Goku 3/28/2012, 12:46 am

Crono slumped down against the tree. Reaching to his hip, he drew up his canteen, unscrewing the top. Opening his mouth, he poured cool water in, instantly refreshed. His journey from his home town, of Truce, which lay north of East City, to the Land of Korin had been a long one. Most of the distance, he had traversed by foot. The young warrior had never been fond of vehicles and found flying using his ki very uncomfortable, so walking and running were his preferred choices of travel. It also just so happened that they were the slowest method as well.

He decided to was best to get some rest before he continued on his way. His primary concern was not being fatigued for when he had to climb Korin's Tower the next day. From what he understood, it was a very long way to the top.

Reaching into his travel bag, he rummaged around until he found a palm sized ruby. Two days prior, in a small flea market, a woman had sold him the gem, telling him it would bring him good luck. Smoothing it over with his hand, he glanced down. Sunlight filtered through the trees, enough to make ti shimmer and shine in his hand, refracting the light into a thousand dazzling rays.

This gem is huge. I bet it's worth a million zeni.

Just as he got bored of gawking at it, he felt a strange presence from within. A ki signature, but how?

Within seconds, everything went black. It felt like he was being pulled down a long dark tunnel, swirling around as if he were stuck in some sort of whirlpool. The strangest part about the sensation was the paralysis. None of his body parts would respond; he couldn't even move his eyelids.

What is happening to me?

A splash brought him back to reality. Except, it was not the forest he had once been standing in. Somehow he was now swimming in the middle of a huge lake. The sky swirled with purple and black clouds. There was no sun, just a hazy glow that seemed to come off of all of his surroundings. Using his ki, he pushed himself out of the water and floated up into the chaotic sky, to get a good look at his surroundings.

I feel like I'm in a cave, but this is no cave... where the hell am I?

For as far as the eye could see, a strange mystical forest stretched out. There were no mountains on the horizon. Just an endless amount of trees. Crono gulped, not sure of what he had gotten himself into by trusting the old peddler. Now he was in big trouble.

---

WC: 453
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Lost in the Astral Realm (Crono vs Alberdyne) Empty Re: Lost in the Astral Realm (Crono vs Alberdyne)

Post by Alberdyne 4/2/2012, 1:24 pm

(With your permission, I'd like to use my update from last week as soon as it's approved so I can use my new equipment and such.)

Alberdyne Cormyr had always fancied himself a studious Kanassan.

In a short amount of time, he had encountered several strange entities, and made a deal with that fellow, Ian Lancaster.

Al thought back to his new ally quite often, wondering when the first mission would arrive down the pipeline. He had sought out Iora, one of the soul-forgers of Kanassa. Just as he had with his Father, Michael Cormyr, Al had aligned himself with Iora. Accepting apprentices of the psionic guild at the time he had arrived, Alberdyne decided to work part time as a Soul Forge apprentice. Though the soul forging arts were still a bit of a mystery to him, Al was always ready to learn a new trick. He had to make money in order to buy and upgrade his own house, and furthermore, obtain the facilities that he and Ian needed for the growing corporation. Al kept in constant contact with Ian Lancaster. Whenever he had a chance, he would often send message to Ian via interdimensional messaging network. Or Grids on the intergalactic webbing systems. Al kept careful notes on his studies with Iora, and was learning quite a bit thanks to his ability as a quick study.

Al hungered for knowledge.

Al hungered for power.

He had an enemy that needed to be defeated, and that enemy was Yamcha of Earth.

That was an ulterior motive to the young Kanassan and not his true goal. His true goal was to surpass his Father, Michael Cormyr, and break free of the shadow that his Father's exploits oft cast down on the boy. Eager to prove himself, he jumped at any challenge that his superiors, the Kanassans, sent his way. At an early age, the young graduate was already working with the grand prophet, Alkiti. A benevolent psionic of an evolved order, and also, a master of the Kanassan art, the Omniverse.

The most important object he owned, aside from his precious Kanassan work permit, was his astral crystal. Whenever he found himself with a moment that he was not alone, he often used it to travel the various branches of the metaphorical tree of life. Tree of life was an important concept to the teachings of the psionic art. It was critical that young students oft visited the tree in order to experience new events on the fields of that tree. There were thousands of spheres along the branches of the trees, all pocket dimensions that could be entered and explored freely. His recent encounters included the boy demon, Jeraph, Ian Lancaster, and of course, Yamcha. Al knew he needed power in order to defeat some of the warriors he sometimes stumbled upon out in on the fields.

Al kept his belongings with him at all times.

As soon as he was out from working with Iora for the day, Al stole a moment to return to his room. He lived currently in the famous Cormyr household, a large estate that his Father had earned long ago for his family and servants. When Al was back in his room, he studied the astral crystal. Earlier in the day, he had faintly felt a summon from the astral crystal once again, but was forced to ignore it due to work. Once he was able to respond to the summon, he removed the astral crystal from his packs, and placed it casually on his desk. He dimmed the lights in his room and smiled softly. "Someone summons." Al said out loud to nobody in particular. "Let us see who it is this time."

A moment later, Al was traveling across the various branches of tree of life.

As before, he was pulled to a very specific gate along one of the many branches of the tree of life. It was the same gate he had traveled when he met Ian Lancaster. He knew that sphere well. When he arrived in the sphere's dimension, he flew towards the grand lake at the central most point of the massive forest. He had a feeling that would be the most suitable battle grounds, due to the vast open space. Once Al spotted his opponent, he flew towards him and landed on the western most bank of the lake. Directly opposite where his front side was. The ground was moist, but that did not bother Al. He had new equipment he had purchased, and finally, a weapon too. Armed and well trained, the youth looked at Crono carefully.

"Over here!" Al called out. "The waters are not safe. Do-not disturb them." Al waited for Crono to approach him and then the battle would begin.

WC=775
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Lost in the Astral Realm (Crono vs Alberdyne) Empty Re: Lost in the Astral Realm (Crono vs Alberdyne)

Post by Goku 4/2/2012, 2:06 pm

"Over here!" a voice called to Crono from behind him. "The waters are not safe. Do-not disturb them."

Crono looked down at the lake below him. The water was rippling, disturbed by something beneath it. A jagged black fin emerged from the water, before sinking below. A second later, he saw the shimmering red glow of eyes staring up at him from the depths.

Whoa, I don't want to know what that was.

Spinning around to the direction of the voice, he saw a humanoid figure standing on the bank of the lake. Flying over, he landed next to the stranger. Immediately, Crono could see he had the look of a warrior about him. Thick muscles filling his frame and he face that looked as if it had been cut from marble, with long cords of dark hair draping from his head.

"Thanks for the warning there. My name is Crono. I have no idea how I got here. What is this place?"

Still soaked from his dip in the waters, Crono unbuttoned his sky blue tunic and removed his green undershirt, tossing them on the ground. There was nothing he hated more than soggy clothes.

He would have to build a fire to dry them, so he got to work. Drawing his katana, he spun the keen edged weapon around and began to hack off the brittle limbs of the trees around him, tossing them into a pile. After a minute or so, he had gathered enough and proceeded to organize them into a little teepee. Rummaging around inside of his travel bag, he produced a flint and struck sparks onto the wood.

He didn't get so much as a single wisp of smoke. Frustrated he sat back on his haunches.

"The wood here is so wet, it's like we're in a swamp or something. I don't get it."

---

WC: 292
TWC: 745
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Alberdyne 4/2/2012, 2:59 pm

"You are very resourceful." Al complimented of the other warrior. He looked at the man, folding his arms across his chest as he stood in place. Then he leaned against one of his legs, positioning in a relaxed angle. His eyes were narrowed, as he studied Crono. "My name is Alberdyne Cormyr. What you have stumbled upon thanks to the astral crystal you possess, no doubt, is what we Kanassans call The Tree of Life. This is one of the many spheres. The Forest of Eternity." Al thought about his situation at the moment, and realized that Crono would probably have a lot of questions. "You're not on the planet called Earth anymore. If that's where you're from. This realm is in between the other worlds of the universe, and Kanassa. Sort of like, an oasis if you would." Al tapped his chin. "Things gather here. Many things. Some good, some bad, and there those which are neutral onto their own whims." Al glanced over to the lake.

"That thing that almost had you for lunch is one of the lake's denizens. If I hadn't warned you, you'd be fish bait right now." Al crouched down, bending his knees into a more relaxed position. "They have types, you see. But most of them like eating travelers to this place for lunch. I don't know all the types myself. Only encountered a few of the nastier ones in my adventures out here a few times in my life." Al felt that the small fire that was kindled by Crono gave off a warmth. "You know. It's not really a good idea to do that out here. The light and smoke you see. It attracts some of..."

Ka-smash!, their presence was no longer safe. Al's face darted towards the outskirts of the forest as one of the more dangerous of the forest's denizens approached.

"Hey you." Al yelled. "I'll handle this guy, unless you wan to help me out. It's better if we try to work together to fend it off anyway. It's an Ogre." And just as Al said that, the creature emerged from the trees, knocking several down with it's might. Al immediately flew into the air, levitating a few paces off the ground. His eyes narrowed and he wondered exactly what he could do against the creature. But the forest itself would become his weapon. Al looked at the sharper fallen branches, several inches thick, and grabbed one of the closer ones mentally. He pulled with his mind, and sent the sharp branch at the Ogre's chest with brutal efficiency. He hoped that Crono would get the hint and either attack, or run. Either way, Al would face the creature off until either of them were defeated. I don't plan on becoming lunch today either. Al thought to himself as he readied a basic combat position.

The Ogre had a very thick hide, it was light blue in colour. Many black stripes were visible on the creature's well defined form. It was heavily armed with a large looking sword of this or that metal. Al guessed iron. Once the large branch shattered against the chest of the Ogre, Al actually flew towards it.

WC=541
Alberdyne WC=1,316
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 4/3/2012, 1:17 am

Crono listened intently to stranger's explanation of where he was. The last thing he imagined was that he was trapped in some sort of dream world, but the more he thought about it, the more it made sense. This Alberdyne seemed to have extensive knowledge of the Forest of Eternity, and seemed even wary of the dark things that lurked within it.

"That thing that almost had you for lunch is one of the lake's denizens. If I hadn't warned you, you'd be fish bait right now,” Alberdyne said.

“I didn't even sense that thing's life-force. I also couldn't see much of it, but I think you're right, it doesn't seem like something that I'd want to mess with,” Crono replied, striking his flint a few more times. He was determined to get a fire started.

At last, the wood caught flame, the heat rising up quickly. Taking a few steps back, he basked in the warmth of the fire and could feel his hair and body starting to dry right away. His clothes would take a lot longer, but the comfort of light and flame was better than nothing.

"They have types, you see. But most of them like eating travelers to this place for lunch. I don't know all the types myself,” Alberdyne continued. “Only encountered a few of the nastier ones in my adventures out here a few times in my life. You know. It's not really a good idea to do that out here. The light and smoke you see. It attracts some of—”

A loud crash caused both of their heads to snap the line of trees behind them. Something was emerging from the brush fast, and from the immense ki signature Crono felt, it was no simple animal. Massive arms and legs, thicker than the most ancient of trees, crushed a few of the smaller trees as if they were nothing more than mere ferns.

"Hey you,” Alberdyne said over the cracking and splintering sound of the trees buckling. "I'll handle this guy, unless you want to help me out. It's better if we try to work together to fend it off anyway. It's an Ogre."

Within seconds, Alberdyne was in the air. Crono watched with wonder as he levitated branches with nothing more than his thoughts and hurled them at the ogre.

That power is amazing, this man must be a master of projection.

The branches impaled the lumbering giant, looking like nothing more than toothpicks sticking out of its thick muscled hide. It roared and Crono saw that it had chosen him as its target (most likely because he was right in front of it.) With a massive hunk of sharpened metal, it attempted to cleave Crono into two.

Wide-eyed, Crono drew his katana once again, stopping the massive sword with the flat it. The force of the impact had been far more than he expected, the ground crumpling away beneath his feet into a wide crater. The camp fire he had created blew away, sending hot ash and cinders across the clearing. Lake water began to fill the hole within seconds. Not wanting to get wet again, Crono dove to the right, scampering out of the crater as he sheathed his blade.

The ogre opened his large, mostly toothless, maw and unleashed a Hoono—a jet of red-hot flames at the red-haired teen. They engulfed him whole and it was all he could do to cross his arms in front of him at the last second. A few seconds passed and the flames receded, the ogre pounding his chest like a drum with his free hand.

Crono grimaced, his body covered in blisters and burns. He swayed on his feet, but caught his balance. The attack sure had hurt, and was surprised with his own resilience.

“Well, that was rude,” he said and stifled back a cough from the thick smoke still lingering in the air. “But, at least I'm dried now.”

The ogre roared in frustration, ready to launch a second round of attacks. Crono only hoped that Alberdyne was preparing something good for the beast.

----

WC: 668
TWC: 1,413
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Alberdyne 4/19/2012, 2:05 pm

Nearby, after the flame-burst was released, Al was preparing his own secondary attack.

A heavy boulder happened to be nearby, and the youth was more than skilled enough to lift the boulder with his vast psionic powers. He only needed a solid distraction, and that distraction came in the form of Crono. Al was already molding his thoughts like a finely-sharpened sword around the boulder. Once he had synced up with the moss-covered object, Al lifted. He was still floating casually in mid-air as he lifted the stone. It was well over five feet away from grabbing distance, but he was able to see it, and that's what counted. As his training demanded, he felt the restraints of the cold stone against his mind, visualizing every molecule and atom within the rock. Even though it was clearly a heavy object, Al knew the truth. All objects, even astral plane manifestations, were energy at their basic most form. With a powerful enough mind, the very fabric of reality could be spell-weaved. Al did not break a sweat despite the weight of the object. He was born for this moment, to help a friend against a powerful creature like that Ogre.

Manipulating his hand in a sweeping gesture, he sent the heavy stone, with powerful top-spin, like a curve-ball towards head of the Ogre.

He had timed the strike just as Crono had recovered from the Ogre's attacks.

Al pushed with the vast weight of the mind. As a psionic of Kanassa, Al could barely tap into the potential known as the Omniverse. He was training to someday master it. In the meantime, he had to save his friend, and that's what counted the most. Just as the rock was about to connect, Al released his control of his vast psychokinetic powers. Using his ability, he excited the molecules of the stone, and felt power stored from within. With the excited molecules and atoms, the rock physically changed. Once an object that weighed several hundred pounds, several hairline cracks appeared on it's surface. Then, a few moments later, the hairline cracks burst as a powerful energy was released from within.

Superheated from the excited molecules, the piercing pieces of shrapnel were capable of cutting right through the Ogre's flesh. After that, the Ogre howled in agony. Several large pieces of shrapnel were penetrated the creature, and injured him severely, in one case, he was blinded out of one eye. Al grinned when he saw the extent of the damage. His gamble had proven successful. Unarmed, Al could use the world around him as a weapon, and would be powerful enough to one day control his own destiny. As he floated there, he saw that the Ogre was looking at him astonished.

"Your move, beast." Al said. Then, strangely enough, the creature showed a tremendous amount of desire to preserve it's own life. Turning suddenly, it lumbered back to the forest whence it came, and vanished into the thicket. Al laughed at that. "Right, I thought so." He floated down towards Crono, and walked to him. "You took a beating there, I am impressed. You have vast potential." Al said, he meant every word of it.

WC=540
Alberdyne WC=1,856
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 4/21/2012, 7:58 pm

Alberdyne had speared the ogre with a giant hunk of stone. Crono was astonished. The stranger he had met was lifting and swinging around giant pieces of rock with nothing but his mind. The young warrior was not only intrigued by excited to see what was going to happen next.

He had not been expecting an explosion. Turning his head away from it. Pieces of rock splashed in the waters behind him. The shock wave shook the entire forest. A murder of black crows rose up into the chaotic skies, cawing in frustration. The didn't seem to like being disturbed out of their roosts.

"Your move, beast." Alberdyne said.

The ogre, now badly wounded, turned and fled back into the forest. Crono sighed in relief. He didn't know if he could survive another one of those flame breath attacks. The realm he was in was far more dangerous than the Earth. He doubted the ogre was anywhere near the strongest threat that waited out there.

"Right, I thought so,” Alberdyne said and hovered down, landing before Crono. "You took a beating there, I am impressed. You have vast potential."

Crono rubbed the back of his head and smiled. “Thank you sir. That was quite an impressive technique you have there.”

The campfire he had created was nothing but scattered coals now. Cronos started to gather his garments, which had been strewn about by the explosion as well.

“I need to figure out how to get back home,” Crono said. “I'm supposed to be seeking out Master Korin.”

WC: 260
TWC: 1,673
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Alberdyne 4/25/2012, 5:40 pm

Crono's words lingered in the air for a moment.

Al knew the answer, but he assumed that not all races were like the Kanassans and could simply will themselves back to the world of men. He thought about a suitable answer, and once he came up with one, he nodded. Walking towards Crono, the young Kanassan smiled. "It's quite simple, really." Al said. "Here is a realm in between your universe and mine. There exists a world called Kanassa, that the PTO has tried to ravage time and again. I am one of Kanassa's defenders." Al tapped his chin thoughtfully. "To go back to your realm you must focus on the gem that sent you here in the first place. It has the power to send you back to your body. The gate swings both ways, think of it along those terms." Al said, and continued. "Either way, it's nice to see friendly people out here. This place grows rather lonely at times, but it can't be helped." Al smiled. "It's been a pleasure my friend. I look forward to fighting alongside you again." Al gave a simple Kanassan military salutation, and then parted ways with Crono. His heart told him that they would come across one another again soon.

As he walked away from Crono, he slowly faded until he was gone.

Transferred back to his mortal shell, Kanassans would psychologically argue that the body was not more than a prison.

Waking up in his room, Al smiled at the thought of the red-haired boy. It was nice knowing that there were other nice people out there. It was also nice knowing that there was work that needed doing. Taking out his personal notes, Al began to write down the day's events as was scripture. From early youth, the Kanassan warriors were taught to read, write, and speak various languages. Intellect was very important to the Kanassan, so a rigorous education system was in play. Al was a part of that education system and it was during that training that he had earned apprenticeship with the legendary hero, Michael Cormyr. When Al wrote, he recalled the attack of the random Ogre, and jotted down every detail of the battle. He assumed that the Ogre left largely cause of Crono and not cause of anything he had done. As Al wrote, he considered carefully the few words that were exchanged and he came up with one final conclusion:

Crono was a friend.

Fin.

WC=413
Alberdyne WC=2,269
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down