Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part 7: Missing Briefs

Go down

Part 7: Missing Briefs Empty Part 7: Missing Briefs

Post by Izon 3/21/2012, 2:16 pm

The sun was bright and obscenely warm. Ian could never recall when it got this warm in his past life. From what little he knew, one thing kept pounding at the public's mind. Green house effect. Bah! Who cared. Still, it was warm and nearly unbearable.

He sat in his chair on his private balcony just outside his office, sipping tea while looking out at the rock formation off in the distance. His feet were kicked up on a pillowed foot rest as he leaned back. His clothing was much simpler than normal. A white shirt with rolled up sleeves and black slacks. He didn't wear a belt or a tie. Nor did he wear his top hat.

It was a lovely day. A relaxing day. After his meeting with Bulma, he had more ammo for taking over Capsule Corp than he had ever had before. Thomas was sending him new plans for the androids and his own hired scientists were working diligently to replicate everything.

Meanwhile, his new robot was doing book keeping and Muscles had started to train him. He was sore, but he was learning a lot. The man was good at fighting though he lacked power. So needless to say, Muscles was only teaching Ian how to fight. But how to fight in human form and demon form was going to be a bit different. The demon form had less mobility. Something that was going to be very hard to get use to.

Ian's body ached from the training and he demanded to have this day to himself. No stress. His robot, Curtis was doing his work, while he sat back and enjoyed the beautiful day.

Cira at this time was keeping an eye on Doctor Briefs, tagging him. Getting any habits down. Soon, Briefs would be his guest and Bulma would have no choice but to hand the company over.

He also expected his lawyer soon. He was coming over to speak with Ian about business law. He himself had done quite a bit of leg work in the matter. Using the new tablets he'd gotten to read up on business law.

From the little he read, it was already stricter than it was five hundred or so years prior. This was to be expected though. And it still didn't matter much. He was wanting to find laws to cover himself.

Curtis walked onto the balcony. He was a new android he had just bought, and had proven to be quite useful. It allowed him to train while he continued to make money. It also allowed him the luxury of relaxing. Besides, Curtis was much quicker at math. He compiled all the figures, gave projections, and printed them out in a matter of a couple of hours where it would take him days to do if he focused on it.

"Sir, Mister Asakaya is here for you. I do believe you requested his help in legal matters."

"Yes Curtis, please let him in and bring us some tea and a snack."

"Yes sir." Curtis left and moments later Asakaya came in. "Good to finally meet with you Mister Lancaster."

Ian stood and they shook hands. Once Asakaya sat, Ian sat himself. "I am pleased you can come by."

"I did the research you requested. I pulled all laws related to business as well as extortion, kidnapping, and murder laws. I must say, I get the impression you'll be giving me much work in the coming days."

Ian laughed. "From what research I had done, you are the best in the field. I want you and a team to represent me when needed, as well as help me with legalizing contracts. I'm trying to acquire Capsule Corp, and I need as much backing as possible."

"That's a mighty big ambition."

"They are the gateway to something bigger. Fact is, I need them to get to the next level. They are known to be the most brilliant minds in the Galaxy." Ian looked out across the land at the open plains behind his mansion. "I want to connect all of the planets by trade. Right now, there's not much of that. Capsule Corp has to get something they find from a battle and reverse engineer it."

Asakaya looked at the man before him. If he accepted to become his lawyer, he'd be richer that he'd ever be. It wouldn't be the first time he'd worked with criminals. It was pretty common for him. Mafia families, drug lords, business tycoons. This man though would run him ragged. Was it worth the billions he'd be getting? He laughed on the inside. Hell yeah it was.

"I will accept the job Mister Lancaster. I will get a team together to represent you and your company."

Ian smiled. "Excellent. Then I will leave you to your work." Ian silenced himself once Curtis came back with tea and some select cheeses and meats. "Please, help yourself."

Asakaya nodded. "I am going to get documents typed up. A contract you can use to obtain Capsule Corp. We'll also check to see if there's any trials we can use into our favor. Companies like that all have dirty little secrets. Usually they are out in the public, just no one knows about them."

Curtis arrived. "I apologize sir, but the package is acquired and they are on their way."

Ian smiled. "I apologize Mister Asakaya, but it seems something important has come up. Go ahead and get those contracts worked up and let me know. I'll be in touch. Oh and please take the tea and snacks with you."

Asakaya got up and nodded. "I await your call." He left, taking the tea cup and a stack of meats and cheeses with him.

"Curtis, prepare the basement for our guest. I suspect he will be with us for a little while." Curtis nodded and left Ian to his own thoughts.

The days were getting more and more exciting. Though he was getting antsy, he had to keep a calm mind. Rushing into things would only ruin things.

It wasn't long before the car pulled up. Ian watched as they carried the good doctor into the house. He had to wait for the contracts, but until then, he'd be treated well. He took a sip of tea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The demon watched from the orb as the one who took his name plotted and schemed. Ian's thoughts flowed through the pool and into the demon's mind. "He's plotting a lot. So much running through his mind. Always thinking several steps ahead while analyzing the present."

Liora ran her hand along the cheek of her betrayer, Korig. "The man probably plans for everything. He certainly fooled the two of us."

Jerking away, Korig spat at her feet. "He's a puny human who thinks he's better than the demons. He's nothing. But not like we can do anything about it."

Izon let out a laugh. "Korig, you have little faith in your own kind. He's slowly falling into place. Little does he know, he's playing into our hands as well. Mortals think they have free will, but they do nothing that someone else doesn't tell them to do. In the end, they're merely puppets for the gods. You just have to know which strings to pull. Ian, he's easy. He's greedy. Money drives him, power being second."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contracts had arrived a couple days later. Asakaya had delivered them himself, wrung dry from the endless nights getting it together. Ian was satisfied with it. This contract would put Capsule Corp completely under his control.

He walked down the stairs to the basement and entered through the door. Doctor Briefs was sitting on his bed. Ian pulled up a chair and sat down, the leather notebook in his hands that contained the contract.

"Good day doctor." No response from Doctor Briefs. "I do hope you've been treated well. Anyway, I am here to make a deal for you."

Briefs looked at the young man. "I don't make deals."

Ian smiled. "You will if it means your daughter's life. Bulma Briefs is quite the lady. Not bad looking either."

"What do you mean?"

"Our boss is ready to make a deal Doctor. Simply put, he wants Capsule Corp and is willing to pay handsomely for it."

Briefs shook his head. "You can't have Capsule Corps. That has been a family business since my grandfather started it."

"Well, we want it regardless. Your Lazarus project is enticing and we have plans for it." Briefs looked on in shock. "No worries Doctor, your daughter Bulma gave us a tour and she showed us the project." He held out the leather folder. "By signing this, you sign over everything that belongs to capsule corp. You can keep your home and everything and another two million zeni."

"You're kidding, the company is worth a thousand times that."

"Maybe so, but that's the offer. That and no one touches your daughter, or your wife." Briefs to the folder and the first page he opened up to were pictures of Bulma. Both at work and at home. The at home ones were the most difficult ones to deal with. Someone was spying on her and these were of her naked. "I just wanted to make sure you knew the consequences for not signing. You can take the two million, or watch them humiliated. No worries, they won't die... yet. But they won't be the same."

Briefs closed it and looked away. "I... can't. You can't!"

"I can and I will. After your signature, I will get your daughters. Sign and this will end and you can lively happily and rich. Hell, I'll even hire the two of you and you can work for your business."

Briefs grabbed the pen and pushed the pictures off. He signed and initialed where he needed to. He didn't bother to read as he just wanted it to end. His daughter and wife were in danger. What else could he do. He could always get back to it though. Or so he thought.

The gist of the contract was that he signed everything over, including all rights to ever getting it back. So basically, it trapped them.

"Izon will be pleased. I thank you for your support, and when Bulma signs you will be free to go and you won't hear from us again." Ian took the folder. "I'll leave these here for some company. It may be a few days."

WC:1749

Last edited by Izon on 4/5/2012, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Izon
Izon
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 56
Race: Demon

Back to top Go down