Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind Master 2. (Alberdyne/Medium)

Go down

Mind Master 2.  (Alberdyne/Medium) Empty Mind Master 2. (Alberdyne/Medium)

Post by Alberdyne 3/22/2012, 2:44 am

Mind Master

Mind Master Part 2

Medium Quest

Requirement: Must know the ability Psychic Powers and have completed Mind Master.

Reward: 1,000 zeni and the benefit Psychic Mastery.

You've proven to the Kanassan Master, that you can survive some of his worse mental tests. But, can you defeat him in a duel of wills? He pulls you into the Astral Realm where you must face him in battle. It is mind against mind, prove you are no weakling and he will teach you to master your powers.

Psychic Mastery - With this benefit, the ability Psychic Powers no longer takes up a slot.

Old Town, was one of the largest cities in Kanassa and where Alberdyne Cormyr lived with his family.

The training center used by the eldest students of the arts was located in Old Town. Elders of the ancient arts of the Kanassan raised students up through the various tests that they were giving in a rigid educational system. Several training centers existed in Old Town. Many of the soldiers in Kanassa's current military had some degree of even the most basic psionic powers. Many students of the arts could fit inside those large training centers. The one building that Alberdyne Cormyr found himself training in most, was a central hot-spot for the rigorous education process. Known as a College of the Arts, the building housed state-of-the-art training equipment and some of the most powerful psychics in the universe. It was through this building that Alberdyne's Father, Michael Cormyr, trained many Kanassan warriors as one of its' lead instructors. And now, Al had learned that he was to train directly underneath his Father...the last thing he could ever want in his life.

So when Al's mind returned to it's body, his eyes opened and he cried out in anger. Several nearby students were started at the sudden event, and looked at Al with confused expressions on their faces. Al turned to where he knew his Father was in the chamber. His hand held the tiny figurine he had acquired from the tower of Hades. Al hit the floor hard with his fists, and stood up after a moment, walking towards his Father. He was mad. Al knew that his Father could see he was angry. Al looked at Michael Cormyr for the longest moment, and held the figurine in his hand. Strangely enough, he hadn't realize that the figurine was a representation of himself! Al clenched his fists tightly as he held the figurine. He was crying and could hardly contain the rage he felt in his heart. The young Kanassan looked at his Father for the longest time.

"I...accept you as my instructor." Al hated having to submit. The Kanassans were a proud race and submitting required a certain amount of accepting one's weakness. "I have the artifact that was requested of me." Al handed Michael Cormyr the small figurine and waited for his fate to be decided.

"Present it." Michael Cormyr said.

Reluctantly, Al handed the small figure over. He watched his Father take it into his possession.

"A superb specimen." Michael Cormyr said. "I trust you did not give Behemoth too hard a time?"

Al bit his tongue. "I nearly killed him." Al kept his fists clenched tightly, he knew his place. He would not dare attempt to strike his Father. "He would not let me pass until I nearly killed him." Al said again, his voice strangely devoid of it's usually arrogant nature.

"You wouldn't have had to. The guard is a fail-safe measure. It is to ensure that only the worthy make it to the tower there. Nevertheless, you have passed your first test and secured the talisman." Michael continued. "When you are older, and more skilled, you will be able to keep what you have earned. In the meantime I must present you with your second test." Michael said. "Are you ready to proceed?" He asked.

"I am." Al said. He was many things, he knew his short-comings, but Al was not a coward. He would face any hardships to earn his freedom and his place amongst the Kanassan warriors. Al knew that the next test would be even more challenging the last, and would require an extreme demeanor, and level of concentration.

Michael Cormyr stood up and straightened himself to his full height. He stood at an impressive stature, for even Kroniths. "Alberdyne Cormyr. My son. You have passed all of the tests that this school has to offer, but there is one last test that you have not yet passed." Michael said, and he continued. "If you pass this final test, you will achieve the rank of a Scholar and be recognized as a leader amongst your peers. You will earn the rights of a man of our people. However, let me warn you that this test will be the most difficult challenge of all. You will face an opponent that you have never faced before and you will must face it with your current skill level and wits, alone. Upon passing, you will be greatly rewarded." Michael shook his head. "But if you fail, the punishment will be...severe." Michael spoke in a stern, but sincere fashion. There was no malice in his voice. "Alberdyne, this test might cost you your life. Many are the students who have attempted and failed, only to forfeit their very atma." (Souls)

"Fath-" Al stopped himself. "Instructor Cormyr." He began. "I am ready, I will face the final trials without fear, even of loosing my own life." Al said, there was a hint of fearlessness in the young Kanassan's tone.

"Then we shall proceed." Michael Cormyr said. "Alkiti." Michael Cormyr said, calling over his old friend. "Ready the device. We shall proceed with the examination of Alberdyne Cormyr. He has earned the right to take the final test."

The great seer Alkiti, a native of Kanassa, walked over to Michael and Alberdyne. He greeted Michael with a firm hug. "Michael. I am glad to see that your student has progressed so quickly through the teachings. I wish him good fortune." Alkiti said.

"Thank you, sire." Al responded. He looked at Alkiti with a sincere smile on his face, and nodded.

Then Alkiti turned to look at Al for a long moment. "Young one, you are not to be told the nature of your final exam. You will go blind, into the device, and face whatever comes your way. Am I understood? It has been this way for many generations before you and even Michael Cormyr himself, faced this exam."

"Let's go already, I don't have all afternoon!" Al was feeling a bit annoyed that they were both looking down on his skill level. He knew he was the best in his grade level, he just had to prove the fact and this was his chance. He was ready...

...Or so he thought.

WC=1,054

Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Mind Master 2.  (Alberdyne/Medium) Empty Re: Mind Master 2. (Alberdyne/Medium)

Post by Alberdyne 4/19/2012, 1:43 pm

Alberdyne Cormyr, son of Michael Cormyr, the legendary hero, awaited his final test.

He was lead, by Alikit the prophet, to an adjacent chamber. Within this chamber Al felt a powerful energy burning the air. For a moment, he had a hard time breathing. For a moment, he lost focus of what he was about to do. Shrugging it off a couple of minutes later, Al saw Alkiti's encouraging expression and that brought him courage. How can I have doubt when my people are supporting me? I have fought too hard for this. Al saw that Alkiti motioned for him to enter the central most area of the chamber. All around him, he could feel that massive energy-weight bearing down on his shoulder. If Al had to guess, he would assume that the chamber was some sort of a temple built along a potent planetary lay line. He wasn't entirely certain though. No time to properly analyze this. Al thought to himself as he walked with sluggish legs towards the central most area. As soon as he entered the room, the energy lit up brightly and the lay line became apparent. Al was astonished that so much potential could exist in one earth-bound place.

All around him, Al saw the ancient Kanassan runes flare up like spotlights.

They were glowing a bright blue, or other colours, as they burned brightly in the air. Some floating freely, others built into the wall. Al saw what he was looking for in the middle of the chamber. Already impressed, the youth could never have prepared himself for the next few moments of his life. No amount of training could, life was a constantly flowing ebb and tide of a mystical ocean. The globe was located atop a small pedestal like kiosk. It was simple, elegant, much like the Kanassans themselves. Al knew that the Kanassans were a proud people and preserved their ancient religions. Without having to be told, Al knew what was expected of him. He reached out to the glowing sphere. It was roughly two feet in circumference from it's epicenter. Al could only guess at the weight of the energy body, as it appeared heavy. Energy swelled from the sphere as he came in contact with the outer portion of the sphere's surrounding space. A glow immediately manifested as he approached the thing, his body feeling even heavier. More symbols lit up all over the sphere, and it seemed as if he was being watched by the sphere itself.

Almost as soon as he touched the outer layer of the sphere, he felt the presence from within it.

It called out to the son of Michael Cormyr.

Do you want power? A voice asked.

Alberdyne knew he wanted to break free from the shadow of his Father. Yes! The power to write my own story! Al found himself thinking back to the voice that called from the dark. Al then felt a tug of energy as he unwittingly signed a contract with what would ultimately shape his very future.

So mote it be. The voice responded.

A brilliant light blasted out from one of the larger symbols on the sphere. It hit Al with tremendous force, knocking him out. But that was only a part of the story. Al shortly found himself alive and well, but in a completely different chamber. Gone was the enigmatic sphere, and gone were the mysterious symbols. Al felt the weight lift from his body, and he felt almost lighter than air! How can this be?! Al thought to himself. Then, the chamber was lit up so he could see everything around him. In every direction, up down, diagonal, sideways, there were mirrors! Al knew from his training that mirrors could also be gates to other areas in the plane you were in. Is this the Tree of Life? Al could not help but wonder. However, it did not feel like the same place he had always ventured to. It seemed to be a completely new plane.

Directly ahead, he saw a strange shadowy figure he had never encountered before. Hesitant, Al wondered if that figure was his challenge. Could that be it? Al thought to himself, and walked across the shiny surfaces of mirrors. He looked down at his own reflection staring back at him, all around, repeated a million times over. He sighed. This is not going to be easy. Al walked so that he was approximately a few paces away from the shadowy entity before him.

"Let me guess, you are the one I am to face for my final test?!" Al yelled. "I am not amused. I was promised a challenge!" Al readied himself and moved into a combat stance.

The shadow seemed to wear a mask, and that mask had a smile on it's face. It stared with a hollow expression as it observed Alberdyne Cormyr. Then, it attacked. Using a form of instant transmission powered by thought, the shadow flashed and blinked towards Al. Al was not prepared.

"What the Hell?!" Several swift punches that felt like dead weights against his gut landed. Al fell down upon one knee coughing in agony. "So...you are the challenge, huh?" Al gathered himself and looked down to where he was struck, there were solid bruises developing on his powerful abs. "All right. Enough screwing around, you got that last one, now I'll show you what I can do!" Al activated the power flight and rushed towards the shadowy presence. The mask, was an eternal taunting expression that pissed Al off further. He wanted to tear that mask right off! What pissed him off more was the silent treatment. Gonna be quiet the whole time, huh? How boring. "Why don't you say something, you big creep!" Al yelled and lunched a powerful strike, in the form of a sweeping, lower center of gravity thrusting attack. When Al's fist connected against a solid form, the youth growled he felt a powerful energy where he had hit. This can't be good. Astonished, Al kept his arm extended like a rookie might, and was suddenly grabbed and rotated through the air in a majestic body slam type maneuver, and slammed down against the solid mirrors below him. Strangely enough, the mirror did not break, however, he went through the mirror. For a moment, it shifted to a liquid-like energy body and swallowed Al completely. The shadow chased him trough the mirror as Al fell...

WC=1,104
Alberdyne WC=2,158
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Post by Alberdyne 4/26/2012, 2:48 pm

Falling for what felt like an eternity, Al finally hit another floor made of mirrors. The creature he was fighting got up and took several steps back, away from Al. Blinking at that, Al knew something else was about to happen. Okay this is not going at all as I intended for it to. Growling, Al stood up after a moment and dusted himself. He still believed that the shadowy entity was his actual challenge, but little did he realize how wrong he was. When he stood up he shot a glance at the creature before him and went into a combat-ready position. That's when he felt the other presence in the newer chamber.

"You're doing this all wrong." Called a familiar voice from somewhere behind him.

Al turned around to see his Father, Michael Cormyr in his astral form. It hit him all at once. "You!?" Al sighed, he realized he was in for a hell of a time. "What about this thing then?" Al turned to look at the shadowy entity and it was just standing there with that same mocking expression.

"You mean you don't know yet?" Michael asked. "Very well, I shall tell you then. It is the Omniverse itself manifested from you. It is you!"

Al sighed, he knew he was going to have a very rough time after that. "Damn." Al turned to look at the Omniverse manifest. "Do I owe it an apology or something?" Al shook his head. "Well he won't get it, I honestly thought it was my enemy." Al knew he was a consistently stubborn youth. He turned to his Father. "What happens now?"

"You must defeat me, as the precepts have dictated. Boy, remember, this is not a life or death battle." Michael looked away for a moment. "I have, however, been instructed not to hold back against you."

"So this is it huh?" Al asked. "So what are the rules of the battle?" Al asked.

"Survive. You can do that, can't you, boy?" Michael smiled, it was almost cruel. "You've been very lucky up until this point. The time has come to prove yourself before the great Kanassans."

Al growled suddenly. "Why must you always be like that? I didn't want to train under you in the first place, you saw to it I become your student. Now we must fight for the final challenge before the Prophet Alkiti." Al shook his head. "If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have left this place long ago. I am not, your clone! I deserve my own story, damn you." Al felt his anger rising, and with that his ki burst out from the deepest part of his soul. "I've been through too much shit to loose now. If the Prophet demands we battle, I won't back down from you!"

"That sounds more like a proud son of Cormyr!" Michael said. "I've been looking forward to this day for a long time, boy. I see how you've grown up, all the anger and rage. And it hurts inside to know that you feel such a way about me." He continued. "I will make sure you wear the Cormyr name with pride after this. If you want to write your own story, come take it from me!"

"This isn't about you, Dad!" Al felt fury at that point bordering on psychopathic rage. "You have no idea what your great legacy has done to me! All I ever wanted was a normal life, and your story kept overlooking everything I've ever done on my own. Before we begin, there's something I always wanted to tell you." Al shook his head. "I hate you, Dad." Al continued, feeling the rage burning in his heart. "Everything you are, everything you've become, I loathe. I've hated you as far back as I remember. I hate the fact that everybody looks up to you, I hate how mom adores you and not me. I hate that they always go to you, and never acknowledge my accomplishments. I'm not your shadow! That all ends, today, Dad! When I defeat you!" At that point, Al let go. Al his prejudices, his inhibitions, his mental blocks. He let go. None of that mattered anymore, and Al was going to make sure he seized his own destiny. He would do anything he could to escape the shadow of his Father once and for all. Al had his own destiny, and his own desire to become a man amongst his people, both Kronith and Kanassan. "Dad. This is what you wanted, make no mistake about that, and I am going to be certain you remember this day for the rest of your miserable life!"

Then Al rushed.

When the Prophet Alkiti started clapping, so did everybody else in the room. But they weren't clapping for what Al had accomplished, they were clapping for the safe return of their great Hero. Al knew it was always going to be that way, no matter how far he went. I am fine with that now. Al had learned to let go the hate in his heart, and that was far more valuable than defeating the legacy of his Father. For the time being, Al knew peace with his own existence. Yet somehow, even as Al was attempting to break free from his Father's shadow, Michael Cormyr, his Father had stolen the credit for Al's big day. Nobody complimented Al. Not a single person, they all swarmed to the great Kanassan Hero. Al understood that he was always going to be looked at as a shadow of his Father in Kanassa. It didn't matter how powerful he became. When the crowd of students gathered around Michael Cormyr, Al wore a grim expression on his face. Michael could hide the truth, Al wouldn't. In the end, it really hadn't mattered if Al passed his test or not, this was all a show for his Father regardless. It was why Michael had insisted on Al becoming his student. Al knew that now. Michael wasn't a bad man, he was just an egomaniac. And Al accepted that as long as he was on Kanassa, his Father's deeds would always trump anything he accomplished.

So, even during Al's finest hour, his Father's mere presence proved to be the major event. Shaking his head, Al gathered his belongings and began to step away from the training center. He came to one conclusion, after achieving psychic mastery there was nothing on Kanassa for him. It was a barren world filled with the deeds of a man that cared more about his achievements than his actual family. Al suddenly realized he knew what needed to be done. For him to break free of his Father's shadow, he would need to leave and never come back. Al would miss the mighty Kanassans and their training center, but in the end, writing his own destiny was more critical than other of Al's goals. As he prepared to leave the training center once and for all, after all, he was done with training, someone stopped him.

"Child. A word with you if you would?" It was the Prophet, Alkiti speaking.

Al stopped and turned to face the old Kanassan seer. "There is a task I would ask of you..."

FIN.

WC=1,224
Alberdyne WC=3,382
Alberdyne
Alberdyne
Sensei
Sensei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down