Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search Interrupted (Ace Vs. Ryouji)

2 posters

Go down

Search Interrupted (Ace Vs. Ryouji) Empty Search Interrupted (Ace Vs. Ryouji)

Post by Ace 3/31/2012, 2:55 am

The pitter-patter of rain hitting the ground echoed through an empty alley way as a red hooded youth walked through it. He reached up and tucked his hood over his face to keep the rain from soaking his face. His nose scrunched up from the sick scent of wet garbage tickling his nose. It was a long shot but according to the reports he dug up there was a lead that knew of his sister's whereabouts around here.

Soon enough he found salvation underneath a balcony that shielded him from the rain. He exhaled softly as he reached into his pocket and plucked a pack of smokes and took a single cancer-stick from the bunch. After tucking away his pack, he struck a match and lit his cigarette. Smoking was something he picked up during boot camp. His comrades were the ones who coaxed him into trying it.

"Try it. It'll put hair on your chest.", What a bunch of jackasses.

He exhaled a stream of smoke from his lips and peered up into the cloud filled sky. It's been years since his family was butchered, but the memories still haunted him like it had just happened yesterday. He could still smell the blood and gun powder, and he could still hear the screams of his kin as they met their end. He covered his face with his free hand as he clenched his teeth.

"If only I was stronger... maybe I could've...", he thought to himself.

He shook his head, shaking the negativity out of his head. What happened can not be undone. He knew he had to focus on the now. He took another long drag from his cigarette. He still had some time to burn before this so called lead arrived home. Then he'd break in and beat the information out of him. That was usually his style. Fear and intimidation. That's what usually broke them. Ace was careful in his search. If his identity were known then it wouldn't be long before the Red Ribbon's found out who he was... who he really was. If they were to find out that would mean his sister's end.

WC: 368

Last edited by Ace on 3/31/2012, 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ace
Ace
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info
Level: 1
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Search Interrupted (Ace Vs. Ryouji) Empty Re: Search Interrupted (Ace Vs. Ryouji)

Post by Ryouji 3/31/2012, 11:22 am

The purple haired boy walked somberly through the empty street. Though it was the middle of the day, the clouds the filled the sky made it feel as if the day had already gone by. The rain was of no help either, with each drop of water the clothes he wore got that much heavier. Some people liked the rain, but the sound of the rain hitting the pavement and the rooftops was more of a nuisance than anything else. He hated the rain.

He soon found solace underneath the balcony of one of the apartment buildings in the neighborhood. The rain was now coming down much harder than before and large puddles started forming in the streets.

“How I hate the rain,” The boy muttered to himself.

With a huff he reached into his pocket and pulled out a candy bar. He twirled it around in his hand and slammed it against the side of his leg, opening the wrapper by pushing the bar out. He took one bite of it and sighed. He hated the rain.

He started to cough as his lungs were filled with toxin. He looked around to see a plume of smoke just on the other side of one of the walls. Someone was there? But how did the he not sense the other person? It must have been the rain. It always had dulled his senses, being all moist and wet and whatnot.

Ryouji didn’t mind smokers, but with the limited space he had underneath his small shelter he didn’t want his lungs polluted. He walked out into the rain to turn the corner to ask the man to pause his addiction, at least long enough for the rain to stop.

“Excuse me sir,” Ryouji spoke as politely as possible. “May I ask if you could please refrain from smoking until-“ The boy paused as soon as he noticed the small RR symbol on his jacket. The Red Ribbon Army was an infamous militaristic organization on Earth, known for the output of various powerful android and machinery. Why did he notice this just now? It was the rain. It had clouded his glasses and hindered his vision. He had never seen an android before nor had he ever fought one. What if this guy was one of them? Either way, he couldn’t let the guy know what he knew so he played it casual. “uh, could you please refrain from smoking until the rain stops.”

(WC:406)
Ryouji
Ryouji
Champion
Champion

http://dragondeath0.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Search Interrupted (Ace Vs. Ryouji) Empty Re: Search Interrupted (Ace Vs. Ryouji)

Post by Ace 4/1/2012, 12:17 am

Ace tilted his head forward, the veil of his hood shielding his face from view as the purple haired boy acknowledged him. He didn't think he'd get company just standing in the alley way. Normally someone wouldn't stroll through an alley way alone. This guy was either extremely brave or that desperate to get out of the rain. Ace peered at the boy from between the golden locks that hung loosely over his face. He looked like some sort of book worm through Ace's eyes. But then again appearances always tend to be deceiving in his line of work.

“uh, could you please refrain from smoking until the rain stops.”, the purple haired youth asked.

Ace casually took a long drag from his cigarette before exhaling a long stream of smoke from his nostrils. "Get bent." he responded bluntly. A few moments after the words had escaped his lips, he figured he might have been a bit too harsh towards the stranger. Scoffing, he bent the cigarette between his fingers and flicked it off into the alley way before snapping his gaze towards him.

"You aren't going to get on my case for littering too, are you?", he snapped as he crossed his arms over his chest in frustration. He didn't like the rain either. It wasn't the smell of wet cement, or the stamina sapping atmosphere it gave off. He just didn't like to get wet. It was uncomfortable. Especially when his clothes were drenched to the core. Just the thought of it pissed him off enough to want to grab another cancer stick but he stopped himself and settled for kicking a near by can into a brick wall. That felt good.

"So what the hell are you doing out here anyways?" he asked, in an attempt to make conversation. They had some time before the rain was going to stop anyway. Might as well make the best of it. "You aren't one of those perverts lurking alley ways in search of defenseless high school girls, are you?"

WC: 368 + 340 = 708

Last edited by Ace on 4/1/2012, 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Ace
Ace
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryouji 4/1/2012, 12:58 am

“Get bent.” The man had responded to Ryouji’s request. What a crude man. What kind of person responds to such a humble request with such harsh words? At first Ryouji figured this man to be some arrogant asshole, but much to his surprise, the man had done away with his cigarette. Now the young man prided himself in being able to read someone after the first few seconds of conversation, but there was just something off about this guy. Was he really a nice guy masquerading as an asshole? No, who would ever do such a thing?

"You aren't going to get on my case for littering too, are you?", The hooded man snapped catching Ryouji off guard. There it was again, the crude behavior. He watched the man go for another cigarette, but then he randomly kicked a nearby can instead. There was something about this man; something strange. "So what the hell are you doing out here anyways? You aren't one of those perverts lurking alley ways in search of defenseless high school girls, are you?"

Ryuoji took a few steps back, waving his arms around frantically. “No, no nothing like that.” The rain was coming down even harder now, but the purple haired boy had other things on his mind. His face went from flustered to dead serious in a split second. “But I do wonder why a member of the Red Ribbon Army is so far inside the city.” Ryouji wanted to see what the man was really about, and he wasn’t going to figure it out by beating around the bush. “Normally you android lovers like to stay out of the populated areas. Just what are you up to?”

He knew being so straightforward was dangerous and if the man were an android it sure would be a troublesome fight, but if there were any other way to figure out his motives, then he would have done things differently. He left arm behind his back, a magic circle made from purple light spun around his wrist. He wanted to leave nothing to chance.

(WC: 406+348=754)
Ryouji
Ryouji
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace 4/1/2012, 1:29 am

“But I do wonder why a member of the Red Ribbon Army is so far inside the city.” The boy asked causing Ace's eyes to widen behind his bangs. He instinctively lifted a hand to cover the Red Ribbon insignia on his shoulder. The blond youth remained quiet. He didn't expect his cover to be blown so soon. At least not before he could beat that lead around a bit for information.

“Normally you android lovers like to stay out of the populated areas. Just what are you up to?” The youth asked, attempting to dig further into Ace's personal affairs. He wasn't here for the Red Ribbons. He wanted to find his sister, but he couldn't tell him that. Ace inclined his head as he quietly contemplated on how to handle the matter. He couldn't simply lie about it and say he was here on Red Ribbon business. It didn't match their usual M.O., and if this boy were to get the word out it could very well mean the end of his sister's life and possibly his own. He couldn't quite bring himself to kill the guy either. That wasn't his style.

"Yeah, I guess that's a fair analysis." he finally spoke out, his tone changing to a kinder one. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a string of bandage wrap and began to casually wrap it around his hand and wrist as he continued to speak. First the left, then the right. "Unfortunately, that tid-bit of information is classified."

He tightened the wrap around his hand with a tug. "But I can almost tell that you're not going to let up on trying to find out, and I can not let you jeopardize what I've worked so hard to achieve so far just because you wanted to play hero." Ace rolled his shoulders, his joints popping loudly with the motion.

"I'll tell you what," Ace said as he positioned his feet into a fighting stance while bringing his fists up defensively. "You wouldn't wander back here alone if you couldn't defend yourself... so if you can beat me I'll tell you what I'm doing here, and if I beat you then you walk... well... crawl away and pretend you never saw me. Deal?"

708 + 382 = 1090
Ace
Ace
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryouji 4/1/2012, 1:53 am

"Yeah, I guess that's a fair analysis." The red hooded man responded quickly covering the Red Ribbon insignia. That was more than enough for Ryouji to infer that his presence here had nothing to do with the organization. A small sigh of relief escaped from his lips as he lowered his hand, the purple circle fading from around his wrist. "Unfortunately, that tid-bit of information is classified. But I can almost tell that you're not going to let up on trying to find out, and I cannot let you jeopardize what I've worked so hard to achieve so far just because you wanted to play hero. I'll tell you what, you wouldn't wander back here alone if you couldn't defend yourself... so if you can beat me I'll tell you what I'm doing here, and if I beat you then you walk... well... crawl away and pretend you never saw me. Deal?"

Ryoujin chuckled when the man spoke of playing hero. “I can assure you stranger; I do not play at anything as fanciful as hero.” The purple haired boy raised on arm in front of him while the other hung by his head. Two bright magic circles appeared around his wrists and slowly started to spin. “But if it’s a fight you are looking for, then I would be happy to oblige.”

Ryouji did not hesitate as he quickly jumped back to increase the distance between him and his foe. He would not fare well in a close range battle, with someone he knew so little about. While in mid jump, the purple haired caster extended his arms forward and through the power of his magic circles shot forth a volley of energy blasts, aimed right for the hooded man.

(WC: 291+754=1045)
Ryouji
Ryouji
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace 4/1/2012, 2:31 am

“I can assure you stranger; I do not play at anything as fanciful as hero.” Ace observed the boy as he raised an arm in front of him while the other hung by his head. Two bright magic circles appeared around his wrists and slowly started to spin. “But if it’s a fight you are looking for, then I would be happy to oblige.” The red hooded warrior seemed a bit confused. If he wasn't digging around to play hero then what could he possibly want with him? This question bugged Ace.

The purple haired youth wasted no time in jumping back to gain distance between himself and Ace. The red ribbon general could only assume that he was preparing a long ranged attack - possibly with a firearm, and judging by the volley of energy blasts torpedoing for him his assumption was half right. Ace quickly rolled away from the volley of energy blasts and took cover behind a dumpster near by, when the blasts missed their mark - himself of course - Ace jumped onto the dumpster and leaned forward into a quick sprint across it, not only to evade the imminent explosion from the blasts colliding with whatever was behind him but to also close the distance between he and his opponent.

Ace had never faced an opponent like this before. Not one who could fire magical balls of energy like that. Most of his opponents have been armed guards and other martial artists, but he's never faced a magic user. Why was he surprised? He's seen his family use techniques like that before. It was foolish to think that they were the only ones who are capable of using a skill like that. Maybe all that involvement with the Red Ribbon Army was starting to turn him into a fool too.

Ch'e... I hope not.

As the red hooded warrior reached the edge of the dumpster he launched himself into the air, and reared his right fist back as he came down towards his foe, only to bring it forward in a right hook aimed directly towards the side of their face.

(WC: 1045 + 356 = 1,401.)
Ace
Ace
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryouji 4/1/2012, 3:58 am

Ryouji watched as his opponent cleverly used the dumpster as a way to avoid damage from his attack.

’What a clever idea. At least he has a sense of imagination.’

The man leaped into the air with his fist drawn back. Though the attack was obvious, it was still unsure just how strong this guy is and there is only one real way to tell. By taking it like a man.

Ryouji flew to the ground and landed hard on the pavement. If it were not for the small barrier of magic he constantly kept imbued in his skin, he would have certainly been picking rocks from his knees for weeks.

“That wasn’t half bad,” Ryouji slowly got to his feet, his legs wobbling for a brief moment. He wasn’t one for up close and personal style of combat, but he knew better than to not be prepared. He spit blood as he wiped the remaining amount from his lips. “You have a good punch on you, but it’s nothing compared to my comrade’s. I wouldn’t ever want to be on the wrong end of his fist.”

Ryouji placed both his hands in front of him, facing the red hooded warrior. A large purple magic circle appeared only inches away from his palms.

“Tell me,” Ryouji coaxed the man in hopes he would reveal his true intentions. “what drives you. What in this world makes you yearn for strength? Is it the knowledgeof the unknown? Is it the glory of a victory? Is it the thrill of battle? Or is it something more? Maybe the thing that you crave is change. To mold the world as you see fit. To shape reality into what you believe is right. What you believe is true. Is that why you yearn for power? For change?” The magic circle began to spin in a similar fashion to the other ones on his wrist before. However this time the energy created was much larger. The circle began to fill with a bright violet energy.

“It is I who will change this world, who will shape the very fabric of reality itself. Tell me, what do you desire? What is the purpose of your power? The upcoming change will affect us all and it’s only those who accept this fact that will be granted the actuality they hunger for.”

The long winded speech was ended with a loud crack of thunder as the magic circle snapped, releasing a powerful beam of light nearly as wide as the alley itself. This was the moment of truth. The moment of change.

(WC: 433+1045=1478)
Ryouji
Ryouji
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace 4/1/2012, 5:30 pm

Ace shook his fist after it had hit it's mark. This boy was pretty humble. He even complimented on Ace's first attack. The hooded warrior bounced in place as he listened intently to the boy speak. “what drives you. What in this world makes you yearn for strength? Is it the knowledgeof the unknown? Is it the glory of a victory? Is it the thrill of battle? Or is it something more? Maybe the thing that you crave is change. To mold the world as you see fit. To shape reality into what you believe is right. What you believe is true. Is that why you yearn for power? For change?”

Suddenly the golden haired warrior stopped bouncing on his feet. Though the boy's words did surprise him it did not cause him to lose his concentration. He was well aware of the impending attack that the boy was preparing. “It is I who will change this world, who will shape the very fabric of reality itself. Tell me, what do you desire? What is the purpose of your power? The upcoming change will affect us all and it’s only those who accept this fact that will be granted the actuality they hunger for.”

This guy could read him like a book. It was almost infuriating. All those years he spent in the Red Ribbon Army and they were none the wiser, and this boy already had a pretty good understanding of Ace's goals just after a few minutes. This kid was obviously much smarter than he looked. The hooded warrior brought his arms up, crossing them in front of his face. Judging by the immense size of the blast, this was the best defensive strategy he could do.

No where to run.

. . .

"I can't do it, Angela." Ace said, his arms hanging limp at his side. "It's just too hard." His arms could be seen smoking, evident of him attempting to use one of his family's most basic of techniques. Angela chuckled softly and gave him a slap on the shoulder, causing him to yelp in pain. His body was already tender from the immense training he had been enduring.

"You'll get it, Ace. You just have to train some more. It's pretty obvious that your body lacks the strength to output such a powerful attack." Angela pointed out. "Don't beat yourself up about it, though. The Thunderfist techniques are way too advanced for any beginners to learn. That's why most of can't even master a single attack until our early twenties. It takes a lot of strength building, kiddo." And with that she walked away. "I'll catch you later, Ace. I have some training of my own to do."

We were twins. Born on the same day. Yet it felt almost as if we were ten years a part. How was I suppose to keep up with that?

Power was something Ace had sought his whole life. The power to control the Thunder Fist and then later - the power to save his sister. It was a long upward climb to the top, and for the hooded warrior it felt as if both of his goals were miles out of arm reach, but maybe this could change. Maybe this damn boy knew the answers.
. . .

The beam of light engulfed the red hooded warrior, his face twisting in pain as every pain receptor in his body seemed to go off, but like the soldier he was he clenched his teeth and fought through the pain. As the light dimmed Ace could be seen still standing, his arms hanging loose at his sides as smoke drifted from his ragged clothes.

"A long time ago the Red Ribbon Army took something very important away from me," he explained as he inclined his head, his bangs dangling loosely over his blue hues. "They attacked our home and burned it to the ground. They left no one standing." He clenched his fists tightly. Just the mere recollection of the events angered him. "Save for my sister. They took her and assumed that the rest of my kin were dead, but they were wrong. Dead wrong. I joined the Red Ribbon Army a few years later to find her. I've been chasing lead after lead for years. All I know is that she's still alive and I won't rest until I find her and grind the Red Ribbons into dust."

(WC: 1,401 + 740 = 2,141)
Ace
Ace
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryouji 4/1/2012, 10:29 pm

The violet beam engulfed the red hooded man entirely. It was not Ryouji’s intention to kill the warrior he only wished to show him the power that lies within his grasp. The magic circle dissolved and the beam faded away, leaving a limp armed man standing in the center of an ash filled alleyway.

"A long time ago the Red Ribbon Army took something very important away from me," The defeated man had finally given in and told his story. “…All I know is that she's still alive and I won't rest until I find her and grind the Red Ribbons into dust."

That is what Ryouji was waiting for. The true motivation behind the warrior’s need for strength, he fought for his sister. A noble cause if he had ever heard one. Ryouji was curious to see how far he could push the man. How far was he willing to go for his sister?

”Your noble cause will be graciously accepted, join with me and I shall take you to the limits of imagination. Together we well stretch the boundaries of reality and gain the strength to rescue your sister and revolutionize the world. You need only embrace the change and you will gain the power you are looking for.”

(WC: 211+1478=1689)
Ryouji
Ryouji
Champion
Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace 4/1/2012, 11:14 pm

”Your noble cause will be graciously accepted, join with me and I shall take you to the limits of imagination. Together we well stretch the boundaries of reality and gain the strength to rescue your sister and revolutionize the world. You need only embrace the change and you will gain the power you are looking for.”

Ace inclined his head, a portion of his ragged hood hung loosely over his face as the words of the boy sunk in. "Kid," he said as he loosened his fists. He lifted a single hand up to pinch the stitched Red Ribbon insignia on his shoulder and with one light tug of his wrist he ripped it right off. "I don't give a damn about revolutionizing the world, but if revolutionizing the world is what it takes to save my sister..."

The fight was so intense he didn't even noticed that the rain had already stopped and beams of sunlight started to peer out from the mass of clouds above. Ace tossed the insignia he had removed off to the side before reaching into his pocket and pulling out his pack of smokes. He plucked out a single stick and slipped it in his mouth. He struck a match then lit the tip and took a short drag from it. "...then consider my fist yours." he said, a light cloud of smoke escaping his lips and nostrils.
Ace
Ace
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down