Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rebellion (Adventure)

2 posters

Go down

The Rebellion (Adventure) Empty The Rebellion (Adventure)

Post by OldTorbie 7/14/2012, 11:16 am

Torbie sighed. He'd been sent out to the forest for his first test. He was supposed to bring back some sort of proof that he'd defeated three White Giant Gorilla's, just to prove his worth. He'd joined a group of multiple species that wanted to rebel against the Arlians for taking their homeland. Torbie had gained the gratitude of a gladiator who showed him to the Rebel's secret base in the forest.

He was introduced to a new species on Arlia. They were lizardmen called Barlians. Many of them populated the base, along with a few Arlians. Torbie was introduced to the leader as well, and he was skeptical of Torbie's proclaimed abilities. So, he sent Torbie to run the errand of bringing back the gorillas. He knew how monstrously strong those gorillas where, and how rare they were. He'd only seen two, and this was before he was given the mission.

He flew around looking for anything related to the giant White Gorilla's. Knocked down trees, footprints, some white fur, anything relevant. Though, it made him mad that he was the one given this mission, considering that he'd just joined. Most of the Barlians and Arlians couldn't handle these White Gorilla's at all. Torbie knew he got the short stick in this agreement, but currently, it was his best way out of the endless spiral that is being a gladiator.

He kept on flying around, aimlessly and bored. He probably wasn't close at all if he couldn't find one piece of evidence that they were around. Then, luck finally took a turn. a little ways below him, he saw a few crushed trees, with more crushed trees not too far from it. There were crushed trees diagonally from each other cluster of crushed trees. It seemed to resemble the giant's footprints. A small grin formed itself on Torbie's face. He flew down low, and followed the clusters of crushed trees as fast as he could. Before long, he saw a figure in the distance.

(Sorry if it's too short. I know adventures lets the mod take control of NPC's so I couldn't really do much.
OldTorbie
OldTorbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

The Rebellion (Adventure) Empty Re: The Rebellion (Adventure)

Post by Game Master 7/16/2012, 1:47 am

(I think this is how you want it done, let me know for sure!!!)

(The funny < >'s means that it the words within are a loose translation from the native whatever Ape language that they have as we discussed on AIM.)

'Lo and behold there was a small group of hidden White Apes nearby. They had formed a loose settlement based on the instinctive nature of mammals. The creatures were a small number after the Arlians had hunted them down to a point of near extinction. The White Apes had very little in the form of actual intellect, but they were able to communicate amongst themselves in the form of simple grunts and basic linguistics. There were several, probably the last known numbers of the great Apes. There was a certain sense of tension in the small "camp" and The White Apes were unusually quiet. It seemed as though they could sense their coming fates and had resigned to it. So there they stood, in hiding, preparing to make their last stand. As a race, they instinctively were prepared to take their last. They knew that death was coming, they just couldn't possibly know the mask that it would wear. The small group's leader, a particularly bestial seeming Ape with wild markings on it sat in the middle of the group. That poor creature was the chieftain of The Apes and tasked with the protection of the rest of his people.

However, even his mood was somber. There was a very specific expression on his face, and that expression was painful to witness. The expression was the acknowledgement of defeat. Their numbers had been culled, and they were branded. In that land of Arlia, Apes were hunted down to the last. They were the last remaining members of their tribe. They were in hiding. The Apes number in a pitiful group, no more than 20 all together. They stood there completing various tasks in preparation for what they all assumed was coming. Death. The Ape's leader had much more intellectual capacity than the rest of his numbers. He was more akin to a Hume (Human) Viking than an actual beast. The leader sat in quiet meditation as he considered the plight of his people. They had grown weak from what they once were, a proud fighting tribe. Amongst the strongest species in the known universe, The White Ape had fallen far from the original strands of their people. And there they stood, completing their tasks hour by hour knowing that time was running out. The Arlians were hunting them to the last, and this would become the site of a famous battle soon enough. The Last Stand of The White Ape.

The Ape Chieftain sat on a makeshift throne. His powerful hand was beneath his massive chin. His Braves were around him as they communed with one another in silence. Simple gestures and carefully placed grunts or growls. It was a beautiful language in itself. The Chieftain finally came to a sudden conclusion. The twilight was upon his tribe of Braves. He looked at the mightiest of his warriors and nodded. <My people. The Soul Collector is coming once more. War will soon be upon us. No mercy will be shown to us. They intend to destroy the last remaining Braves from this star of Arlia. We must be strong for those who cannot fight. The young, the old, the sick. I have hand chosen all of you so that we might fight a final battle to defend the honour of our People. I beg of you, fight with me. Die with me. It has been an honour my brothers!> The Chieftain rose from the throne and the others rose with him. A single White Ape that appeared to be a scout of some sort approached The Chieftain. <Speak.> The scout saluted.

<The hour has arrived Sire.> The Scout loosely spoke and pointed in the general direction Torbie approached on.

<What mask does Death wear today?> The Chieftain asked without waiting for a response. <My Brothers, we must ride one last time together!>

Game Master Word Count=642
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTorbie 7/16/2012, 8:59 pm

Torbie had followed the trail of crushed trees for quite some time now. He sighed and wondered if he was going to get anywhere. Then, in the distance, he saw the White Giant Gorillas. Many of them were there, gathered. Torbie, on instinct, immediately decreased his speed and dived down in to the forest. He stopped there, and contemplated what the hell was going on. He'd never seen that many Giant Gorilla's in one area before. If he even tried to attack any of them, he'd be destroyed in a matter of minutes. So, he tried to think of a strategy.

He thought that, he could wait until one of them separated itself, and then he could take it on. But, the noise and battle cry and such would probably cause so much noise, that the rest of the group would eventually reach the location. Torbie wasn't sure he could take out one of them, quitely, and quickly. That strategy wouldn't work, so he tried to think of some other options.

He thought of an idea, but quickly dismissed it. Another idea popped up, but it was impossible for him to pull off. He thought of an idea, but it was too drastic, and should be used as a last Resort. Torbie decided to confront them head on. He took a deep breath, and ascended above the trees. He slowly moved towards the group of gorilla's, until he was at a, comfortable distance. He just stayed in the air, waiting for them to react to his appearance.

OldTorbie
OldTorbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 7/17/2012, 4:44 pm

Whilst Torbie was contemplating his next move, The Apes were already making theirs.

Scouts had studied the warrior's approach for a time but had not directly engaged him. They had rarely received visitors in Sanctuary, let alone one like Torbie. The Chieftain gathered several of his Braves and maneuvered his way towards the general direction of Torbie. He had not know what he was going to face, for Death always wore a different mask. The Chieftain took point as his Braves followed, and soon, they were upon Torbie. Chieftain carefully made some gestures towards his Braves to surround but not engage. Then, The Chieftain walked slowly towards Torbie, the storm of warfare was in his eyes. Chieftain secretly knew the tongue of men. But he knew the tongue of his people. He could commune with The Braves and bring about leadership decisions. However, he was certain Torbie was the one who was meant to bring about his people's great calamity. Chieftain studied Torbie for a few moments, then he approached the warrior. Knowing that he could talk to Torbie, it had dawned on him that perhaps, Torbie would listen to reason. There was a Balance in all things, and his Braves were a part of that balance. The men of Arlia did not understand that and The Spirits were angry with them.

So Chieftain spoke. "You are Warrior, I presume?" Chieftain asked. "No, you need not answer that question, I can tell by your stature." The proud Chieftain had to measure the weight of Torbie's heart and soul. If there was a chance, maybe The Chieftain could save Torbie from the path of destruction he was on. "My people are Brave." Chieftain said. "We have fought long and hard against the men of Arlia." Chieftain continued. "But now my Braves are too few in number. We have gathered in one last attempt to prevent the coming storm." Chieftain was staring right at Torbie's eyes. "Let me ask you something, Warrior. Are you proud of what you are about to do? Do you enjoy working for men like those Arlians?" Chieftain continued. "The Arlians have no Honour. Theirs was lost long ago. Once, my Braves and The Arlians lived in harmony." Chieftain needed to tell Torbie the plight of his people. "That age has since passed. Now, The Arlians hunt us as little more than animals. I offer you a choice, Warrior. For I see the struggle in your Atma." Chieftain said. "You are torn between Light and Dark, at war with yourself. You can be so much greater than this path you have had chosen for yourself." Chieftain finally revealed why he had learned their tongue in the first place. "My people are at war with The Arlians, Warrior. I could use a defender, a lieutenant." Chieftain continued. "If you would face me in a battle, we would decide the fate of my people together." Chiefain said. "I have always been a man of Honour." Chieftain said. "I wish to fight and die with my Honour! What say you, Warrior?!"

Game Master Word Count=510
Game Master Total Word Count=1,152
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTorbie 7/18/2012, 12:42 pm

Torbie looked around as the gargantuan gorilla's surrounded him. He focused himself, and made sure to catch the slightest sound, just in case they attacked. He looked ahead at one that looked noticeable older than the others. It started to walk up to him, and Torbie got ready. If this came to a fight, then he'd have to blow them all up in one go. It'd pain him to see that many of them injured, but he wouldn't have much of a choice.

The gorilla stood in front of Torbie, for a few moments. Then, it opened it's mouth, and surprisingly Torbie could understand what it was saying. Did all White Giant Gorilla's have the ability to speak the universal language of English? Torbie was taken aback, but listened.

"You are Warrior, I presume?" the gorilla said. Torbie realized that it hadn't fully mastered the language. He was about to reply, but he was stopped when the gorilla continued. Torbie listened to the deep words. Though, he felt confused when the gorilla said "Are you proud of what you are about to do? Do you enjoy working for men like those Arlians?" Torbie assumed this gorilla had him, or at least his intentions mistaken.

What really surprised Torbie, was when he asked him to be his lieutenant. After the gorilla was finished speaking, Torbie smirked, and said, "Listen, you have me, my intentions, and my affiliations completely confused. I don't work for the Arlians. Yes, I am a gladiator, but only because I was forced in to being one. It wasn't of my own free will. I work for a secret organization who are, at this very moment, plotting against the Arlians, trying to overthrow their rule. I was sent here to fight three giant gorilla's, and bring them back, in hopes to have them join our rebellion. We have a giant gorilla on our side already, and we were hoping the three that I brought back were going to be persuaded. So I hope you under stand that I don't have any bad intentions for you and your people. I'm just trying to recruit more so we have more power when facing the Arlians." Torbie was finished talking, and quietly awaited the response. He assumed he was going to have to fight him anyway, but he needed to set things straight first.

=======
OldTorbie
OldTorbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Game Master 7/19/2012, 12:15 am

The Chieftain was a proud leader of his people. He listened to Torbie's tale without saying a word to interrupt him. It was as if The Chieftain was measuring the weight of Torbie's Atma. As Torbie spoke, Chieftain could hear that conviction in The Warrior's words. When Torbie was done speaking, Chieftain looked at his Braves for a moment.

"Allow me a moment, Warrior, to confer with my Braves." Chieftain moved towards his chosen Braves and spoke to them in their native tongue. After some deliberating took place, Chieftain had come to the decision that he seemed to think would benefit his people the most. Chieftain and two other Braves walked forward towards Torbie and the others walked back to the safety of The Tribe to tell them what has happened. "Warrior." Chieftain began. "For an allegiance, you do not need to conquer. You simply need to negotiate. Your benefactors have something we want, and I have something that you want." Chieftain continued. "Before I make my decision known to you, understand something. My people are dying out." Chieftain said. "Slowly but surely, The Arlians seek to eradicate the last vestiges of my people." Chieftain suddenly saluted towards Torbie. "I pledge my allegiance to you and your benefactors. You require some Braves. I will accompany you myself, and two of my finest Braves as well. This I pledge to you to see The Arlian Empire fall." Chieftain said. He was a leader first, and a warrior second. But he also had his honour and that he would defend at will. The two Braves Chieftain had chosen to accompany himself and Torbie followed closely behind Chieftain. "The one that has already joined you is likely from this Tribe." Chieftain said. "I would like to know the whereabouts of this Brave so that I may speak to him in private. We must prepare for the coming Calamity." Chieftain said to Torbie. Then, he waited to follow the other Warrior back to the secret base of The Resistance. Without knowing it, Chieftain had set the gears of Fate churning.

Word Count=346
TOTAL Word Count=1,498
Game Master
Game Master
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down