Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure Time!

2 posters

Go down

Adventure Time! Empty Adventure Time!

Post by John Dark 9/20/2012, 12:41 pm

Dread wrote:I suggested to Brian that we include player-hosted events on the site similar to campaigns; unlike campaigns, however, these events would not affect the board-wide history. Brian told me we could replace the current Adventure system with them and we both agreed that these events could still be called Adventures. Here is my suggested layout on how a new Adventure system could work.

Adventures: Adventures are player-hosted events that can be considered scaled down versions of campaigns. While they do not affect the overall site plot, they do impact the stories of those involved. Adventures involve one host and one or more participants.

Categories: There are different types of Adventures and each fall under at least one category. An Adventure can and most likely will have multiple categories as long as those categories do not conflict with one another.

Personal:
Dungeon:
Public:
Exclusive:
Selective:
Ongoing:
Forked:
Villainous:
Heroic:

Note: An Adventure does NOT have to be either a Personal or a Dungeon.

Mode: Adventures come in two different Modes, Dangerous and Safe. Safe Adventures pose no threat to participants whereas Dangerous Adventures may result in character deaths.

Rewards: Adventures are graded according to the following format.

+25 XP per 200 words
+1% XP for every 5 character levels (Max. 30%)
+150 Zeni per 200 words
+1 Action Point per 1,000 words

Adventures receive the following bonuses.

Safe Adventures:
Dangerous Adventures:

Important: Participants and Hosts alike should post once per round regularly where one round equals a post from each person involved. A host may claim a reward for each thread in a Forked Adventure, but each thread claimed will be graded individually.

Extra: Adventures may include an additional bonus similar to a quest reward such as an item, Battle Merits, extra Action Points, extra Zeni, extra XP, or bonus AP among other things that a host might consider.

Request: If you wish to host an Adventure, fill out the following template and post it in Requests for approval.

Code:
[b]Title:[/b] The name of your Adventure.
[b]Categories:[/b] What kind of Adventure are you hosting?
[b]Mode:[/b] Is this a Safe or Dangerous Adventure?
[b]Summary:[/b] Give a brief summary of what is going on in your Adventure. You don’t have to reveal the middle or ending.
[b]Added Bonus:[/b] List extra rewards for completion here.
[b]Participants:[/b] Leave this blank unless you are hosting an Exclusive or Selective Adventure.

Last edited by John Dark on 9/21/2012, 12:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
John Dark
John Dark
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 82
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Adventure Time! Empty Re: Adventure Time!

Post by Goku 9/20/2012, 12:59 pm

This could be a great way to help keep adventures something relevant. Thanks for this suggestion. I will most likely incorporate this somehow in the next patch.
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John Dark 9/21/2012, 12:14 pm

Dread wrote:Edits:
1. I included Battle Merits in the rewards for Dangerous Adventures.
2. I added two more categories, Villainous and Heroic.
John Dark
John Dark
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 82
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down