Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arrival (Open)

2 posters

Go down

The Arrival (Open) Empty The Arrival (Open)

Post by Ruurik 8/14/2012, 1:28 am

Most view sleep as a peaceful and comforting thing, something that is done to relax the body and relieve stresses. Often accompanied by wonderful flights of fancy and only marred by the occasional nightmare. For Ruurik it was the opposite his dreams were always filled with horrible memories that he wished he could forget and even the more joyful of his dreams still brought him pain from that which was lost. Orcosians could go almost three days without sleep, if they remained well hydrated, before the effects of sleep deprivation would begin to set in; but even pushing himself to the brink Ruurik still felt the dreams were too frequent.

The particular dream Ruurik was having was one of the more pleasant ones, it was a memory of a pleasant day just a few days before the Saiyan invasion of Orco. The Summer Moondance Festival was coming up, one of the few global holidays on Orco. The Moondance Festival was happened twice yearly it was the day that all seven of Orco's moons were full at once, it happened only at the transition from summer to fall and winter to spring. The Moondance Festival consisted of dancing, drinking, feasting, fireworks, mating and just a general sense of revelry. Every Orcosian capable of doing so returned for the Moondance Festivals, to participate in the celebration but also because the Moondance Festivals were also considered prime mating time, something no Orcosian wanted to miss out on.

Ruurik was helping his mother prepare for the festival, for his family would be hosting the festivities for many of the neighboring islands for his family owned one of the larger islands in the South-Eastern Sea. Ruurik had been sent to swim to swim from his families island to a nearby one that had a store. The memory of the cold water and the hot sun comforted Ruurik as he swam, he could feel the water pulling at the slight webbing between his fingers and toes. Ruurik dived down into the water, he inhaled the water deeply, the salty water filtering through his gill like nostrils, it was soothing. Darting through the water like any of the sea's other denizens, Ruurik snatched a small fish and bit into it with his sharp teeth, the taste filled his mouth.

"Hey freak, wake up! The ship lands in just a few and this is where you get off", a maroon-skinned insect-like Xeno said kicking Ruurik in the ribs to wake him. Waking with a start Ruurik growled at the Xeno, he was one of the cargo bay workers a cruel Xeno who enjoyed tormenting others. For a brief moment Ruurik contemplated snapping the little Xeno's neck, the Xeno walked off before Ruurik had a chance to think too hard about it though.

"Don't mind him Ruurik. Suresh's just mean to you cause he knows you could squash him like the bug he is", came a voice from somewhere to Ruurik's right. Looking around Ruurik spotted Saren a green and black spotted reptilian Xeno, who was the cargo bay supervisor. Saren was generally a rather kind person, although he did often rib those around him. Saren was nice enough and Ruurik had, had several conversations with him over the course of the journey.

"He wasn't lying though we touch down in a few and the captain is itching to get back to more profitable places", Saren said motioning for Ruurik to follow him. Ruurik stood up grabbing his knapsack from his makeshift cot made of several large crates and a multitude of blankets and pillows. Not much was in Ruurik's knapsack just a change of clothes and an Orcosian sized bedroll. Ruurik followed after Saren ducking a low beam that he had cracked his head on more then once at the beginning of this voyage. Ruurik grabbed a support beam when he heard the rumble of the ships engine, followed shortly after by a shudder as the ship touched down. Ruurik finally caught up to Saren as he had begun opening the cargo bay doors. Looking down Ruurik could see they were on some kind of flat rocky surface, Ruurik looked over at Saren.

"Any last words pearls of wisdom before you head off into the great beyond", Saren said jokingly to Ruurik who had been silent for much of the voyage. Even the conversations Saren and Ruurik had shared had been rather one sided. Ruurik looked down right into Saren's eyes.

"Last I heard the Orcosians were going to Namek. Avoid it", Ruurik stated somberly. Saren seemed slightly taken aback, apparently he hadn't expected Ruurik to disclose the last known coordinates of the Orcosians.

"I'll make sure the Captain hears that. Good luck Ruurik", Saren said a slight tone of awe in his voice. Warning them off a course that would've put them into the direct course of pirates was noble gesture, especially considering it would cheat his people of quite the bounty. Ruurik merely nodded and descended down the ramp onto the rocky plateau. The cargo bay doors closed behind him the ramp retracting back into the ship before it took off and vanished into the sky heading straight back out into the depths of space. Ruurik looked around the brightly sunlight plateau, he assumed it was likely midday due to the amount of light. The plateau seemed to be rather high and appeared to be surrounded by a forest of some kind. Ruurik had finally arrived on Earth, only question was what to do now.

WC: 919

Last edited by Ruurik on 8/15/2012, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 31
Race: Xeno

Back to top Go down

The Arrival (Open) Empty Re: The Arrival (Open)

Post by Creno Valour 8/15/2012, 1:10 pm

(I'm assuming we're near Hercule City or South City or some such place.)

Somewhere in Hercule City, there was a saloon called The Dive Joint. It was a popular place for the military types on leave from their duties. Also, many civi's visited the joint for it's lively atmosphere and generally good hospitality. One of it's constant denizens was a man named Saipher. A former military officer of Earth's Military, Saipher was an informant. He gathered intel for the various Soldiers who made their way into the joint and in turn, got paid for his services.

A loyal arm of the military law enforcement wing, Saipher knew the constant inhabitants of the joint by name, and some more intimately than that. Seipher currently was looking at the young Soldier Second Class named Creno Valour. Creno never started any trouble, and he always paid handsome tips. He also didn't like the alcoholic beverages served in the joint, but instead, ordered exotic juices and drinks of that nature. Sometimes he grabbed a coffee or two.

Currently, Saipher stood across the bar from Creno as the other man pondered this or that matter important to a Soldier.

Saipher always admired The Soldier types. He had once had an illustrious career as a Soldier earlier in his days. Now though, he was content simply providing information to those who asked of it. Saipher immediately took a liking to Creno and the two had become friends. Sometimes, Saipher provided Creno work. As he did for all of The Soldiers looking for an honest pay check.

"What's been up, Valour?" Saipher began. "I haven't seen you here in about five months." Saipher said.

"Deployment. Couldn't be helped." Creno responded as he took a sip from the soda pop he was drinking. "I don't like to make people worry but it was a last minute job." Creno said, knowing that no more on the matter could be said. Soldier rules.

"I see you earned your promotion." Saipher said. "You first came here, you was Third Class despite your talent. Now look at you, on your way to First."

"Not for a while..." Creno said carefully. "Though it would be nice to achieve such a rank." Creno was always humble, to a fault. He was raised by Earth standards and not Vegeta standards. Things would have turned out different if the opposite were true. Creno's Father had instilled in him the characteristics of an Earth Hero. it was those values that Creno grew up with despite having a longing for Home. "Saipher, I am off duty for about a month. You got any hot leads?" Creno suddenly asked, eager to get to work on an honest job.

"I do have a few." Saipher said. "But rest now, Creno. Enjoy you're time off. You earned it. You're not like the other mooks that come in here."

"Thanks Saipher. I can drink to that for sure." Then the two shared a warm moment of laughter.

"So, you never did explain why ya don't like Alcohol. A good brew will put hair on your chest you know!" Saipher was cleaning another empty goblet, with a clean rag.

The joint was particularly empty that time of day though a few guests were visible.

"That's true." Creno supposed. "I just don't like the feeling you get when you don't have control of yourself. Getting drunk makes you act really stupid. Not for me. I am always on duty..." Creno said and shrugged. He then took a drink of the soda pop in his goblet.

"There's always that side effect and several others." Saipher rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Either, Valour, drink up I will return shortly. I got customers to look after!"

Creno nodded and simply continued to enjoy his drink on a rare off day.

Creno Word Count=705

Creno Valour
Creno Valour
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info
Level: 4
Race: Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruurik 8/21/2012, 12:23 am

It did not take long for Ruurik found his way to one of the major cities. Ruurik wasn't quite sure what the name of this city was, he had flown in so he hadn't spotted a welcome sign and most of the locals were giving him a wide berth. The cold reception didn't bother Ruurik too much, he received it on most planets he visited. Usually it was due to the reputation of the Orcosian race, on a backwater planet like this Ruurik doubted they had even heard of Orcosian's. No this reception was just due to the fact that Ruurik was extremely different then this planets normal inhabitants, standing over two feet taller then the regular inhabitants and looking like a mutated sea creature.

Ruurik found himself in front of a run down little bar called The Dive Joint. A fitting name for that was exactly what this bar was, Ruurik wasn't sure why it had caught his eye but it had, he could really use a stiff drink though. Ruurik wondered if there was any alcohol strong on this planet strong enough to put him under. Orcosian's had a ridiculously high tolerance to alcohol, probably due to the unnaturally strong spirits that used to be found on Orco. Most didn't know of the Orcosian's affinity for drinking cause they tended to have a distaste for most off-world drinks. Orcosian drinks were distilled from fruits and they were extremely sweet, not having the sting or burn of most alcohol's.

Alcohol from Orco was becoming rarer every day now though, Ruurik wouldn't doubt that before too much longer not a single drop would be left. Ruurik had gotten used to the burn of most alcohol in the years since the fall of his home, although he often didn't bother cause they were rarely strong enough to do the job. This was a new planet though, a new chance to find something worthy of drinking. Ruurik bowed his head, shuffling through the doorway crafted for much smaller men. Finally through the door Ruurik rose up, his head brushing the ceiling. For a moment the bar was silent, the only noise coming from a worn out jukebox in the corner, and the clacking of a few pool balls that had been shot as he entered.

Many of the patrons watched this strange newcomer and Ruurik stared right back at them, one person turned back to the pool game telling his opponent to take his shot and slowly life came back to the little bar. Ruurik turned out of the doorway and made his way towards the bar. Ruurik tentavily sat down on a bar-stool, which creaked loudly in protest to the load that now weighed on it. The stool managed to stand fast though and Ruurik looked up at the barman who was eying Ruurik warily and cleaning a glass. The bar-man was standing next to an earthling that looked different to Ruurik for some reason but he couldn't figure out why.

"Give me your strongest drink", Ruurik called out to the bar-keep who eyed Ruurik up and down once more. Setting down the rag and glass he approached Ruurik with a bottle labeled "Ever-clear" and pulled out a shot glass from under the bar.

"I'll just take the bottle", Ruurik said simply waving his hand at the shot glass. The barkeep cracked a brow and set the bottle on the table, putting the glass back under the bar. Ruurik picked up the open bottle and lifted it towards his face, a deep breath revealed to the barkeep and anyone who was sitting at the bar that the slash-like indentations on his face weren't just aesthetic, each one lifting up revealing the moist pinkish flesh that was the start of his gills. The breath revealed to Ruurik however that this was a grain alcohol, decent strength by the smell of it too. Ruurik figured it probably tasted awful too.

With not a seconds hesitation more Ruurik put the opening of the bottle into his mouth and tilted his head back. The foul tasting liquid sloshed into his mouth burning his tounge and throat, his eyes began to water and he squeezed them shut. Within moments Ruurik had downed the entire bottle, to the amazement of nearly everyone around. The bartender just stood there mouth agape.

"Another", Ruurik said simply setting the empty bottle down on the bar in front of him.

"Uh. . . . sure let me grab another from the back", the bartender said a slight note of awe or maybe fear in his voice. Ruurik watched him go and his eyes fell upon the person he'd seen the bar-keep standing by earlier. Something about the man struck Ruurik as familiar, not the man personally but something about him. His features seemed slightly off compared to the other inhabitants of this world, not extremely so but just enough to hint that maybe this wasn't an earthling. Staring at him Ruurik did a quick inventory of the man as he compared what was off to the long list of humanoid races in his head. Strong jaw, a heavy brow line and his musculature seemed much denser then these earthlings. Ruurik could also sense that he was much stronger then the inhabitants that he'd seen so far. Then it hit him a scowl adoring Ruurik's face.

"You there. You wouldn't happen to be a saiyan would you?", Ruurik questioned pointing at the man sitting at the other end of the bar.

WC: 916
TWC: 1835
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Creno Valour 8/21/2012, 12:43 pm

The arrival of the newcomer bothered everybody but one man: Creno himself.

He either straight out did not care, or he was simply not bothered by seeing another race of Xeno. At least Creno assumed the mystery man was a Xeno by his odd appearance, he wondered if the fellow was Kanassan. However, he put those thoughts aside as he took a drink of his soda carefully asking for a refill before the big man sat down on the other end of the bar. Creno took note of his power level, significant, using his Ki Sense ability. Then he took his attention back to his drink. The guy didn't seem like a threat, but he was probably acting too arrogant for the highly sensitive Earth-folk to handle. That thought brought a smile to Creno's face.

It wasn't that he didn't like The Humans, he just considered most of them to be extremely weak and not worth saving at all.

However, his Father's teachings would have prevented him from simply doing nothing if a strange alien attacked and decimated The Human population. Creno sighed, being a Hero was tough. Just about the same time, the mystery man ordered a drink and Creno raised an eyebrow. It was the bar's "strongest alcoholic beverage" which was considerably weak compared to Saiyan beverages. The alien drank out of the bottle, but would probably feel the effects of the beverage all at once. Poor guy. Creno thought to himself. Suddenly, the alien addressed him of all people. Creno blinked twice then turned to look at the alien. What is it with these guys? Do I have a target on my forehead or something?!

Creno eyed the stranger for a moment as if trying to assess a threat level. "I don't want any trouble." Creno began. "But if you must know, I am a Saiyan." Creno accepted the fact that his people were not liked around the universe, but that was fine. He was also accepting of the fact that a Saiyan was amongst the finest of Warriors the known universe could produce. Creno decided it was probably time to take his leave if this creature wanted to start trouble. Creno looked at his watch and saw the time. Let me finish this drink and I'll decide if this is all worth it or not. I do need some work so I can wait around a bit longer. Creno thought to himself as he continued to drink.

When Saipher returned with the alien's second bottle, he had already gathered several more. Just in case the thing was foolish enough to ask for more. Creno saw this and sighed. He knew that Xeno's were known to have varying degrees of advanced physiology, but even they would not be immune to the effects of intense drinking. And Creno would not be the one to wheel his ass to the hospital for free. Creno asked for a refill of his drink as well, and Saipher did so. There were several other bar tenders present, but Saipher was clearly the go-to guy.

"So, Creno, you ready to discuss work?" Saipher asked of him.

Creno nodded. "As long as it doesn't involve that dirty shit, or hot packages I'm good to go."

"No, no, no, and no." Saipher laughed at Creno's response. "That one time was a mistake, I hadn't double checked the leads like usual. I'm sorry to have put you through that, you are a good man and didn't deserve the fall out from Soldier."

"It happens." Creno shrugged, looking at Saipher. "As long as it doesn't happen again, we're cool man. So don't worry about it too much. I didn't get too much flak from my superiors for that time."

"Well that's good. Either way let me get your comp for a moment." Saipher said, suddenly becoming serious.

Creno nodded and showed Saipher his standard issue Soldier communication device. It was basically just a tiny version of a laptop worn on the forearm. Creno turned it on out of habit, and it loaded quickly. "There you go. You got the disc?" Creno knew that jobs were giving out on disc format.

"Right here." Saipher said and installed the disc on Creno's computer. "But check it out on your own time. Too many prying eyes here." Saipher said and Creno agreed.

Creno flipped off his computer after it successfully read the disc. But he did not let the contents load in such a public place.

"What's the payout?" Creno asked.

"Standard pay plus a bonus." Saipher responded.

"Very good, I'll probably take it if it meets standard." Creno said and nodded carefully after the business transaction was taken care of. Creno got his refill of his drink and continued to sip at the black ichor. As he sat there, he continuously considered exactly why the alien had asked about his people. However, he was certain that the creature wouldn't just start a fight in such a public place. Too many eyes around and witnesses. It would be impossible to just kill everybody all at once. Then, there was another security issue. Those that weren't seen but were definitely there. Creno was aware of the advanced, cutting edge, security measures in place within the bar. It was cutting edge for Human tech, but about five years behind Saiyan tech. About half-way through his drink, Creno looked up at Saipher.

"What's the damage, old man?" Creno asked in a friendly way.

"Usual fee for the drinks, you should know that by now, kid." And the two laughed.

"Very well. I know you don't like to get tipped, I wanted to tip you for the job though." Creno said.

"It's not a problem, just put it in the tip container." Saipher said matter of factly. "Will that be all, Creno?" Saipher asked.

"I think so. I'm gonna finish this drink and probably head back to the place I'm renting for now." Creno responded. Also likely gonna head back to that place alone. Humans rarely make good company anyway.

Creno Word Count=1,132
Creno TOTAL Word Count=1,837
Creno Valour
Creno Valour
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruurik 8/22/2012, 4:13 pm

The alcohol so far had little effect on Ruurik, compared to Orcosian drinks it would probably only be considered of a moderate potency. This ever clear was stronger than the Orcosian standard ale but not quite on par with any of their hard liquor. The quantity that Ruurik had just drunk helped though; he was right on the verge of a real good buzz. Size was a factor in Ruurik's tolerance but it also had to do with the fact that Ruurik had about forty years of heavy drinking under his belt. This had nothing to do with the Orcosian metabolism which processed alcohol at a much higher level than most other races in the known universe. Between the taste and the fact that Ruurik wasn't looking to get entirely wasted he figured he would only have another bottle or two. Hearing Creno's admission of Saiyan heritage however quickly made Ruurik's mind up for him.

"Damn moon-cursed apes. Can't escape you scum anywhere in this Kai-forsaken galaxy", Ruurik growled his gills flaring again. Ruurik was half tempted to get up and leave right then but he saw the bartender coming back over-burdened with bottles of the ever clear. It would be rude to storm out after making the barman trouble himself with all those bottles. The bartender set one bottle on the bar in front of Ruurik and storing the others on a shelf under the bar. Afterwards the bartender went back over to the Saiyan and they began speaking in hushed tones.

With a single flick of his wrist Ruurik caused the screw on top of the bottle to come spinning off, bouncing onto the bar. Throwing his head back Ruurik began to chug the bottle again, a small amount spilling from the corner of his mouth. One of the smaller tentacles hanging from Ruurik’s chin lifted up and wiped away the small trail of alcohol, flinging the droplets down onto the bar. When he was finished Ruurik slammed the bottle onto the bar and one of the other bartenders quickly rushed over to get him another. Ruurik took the bottle and put a bill on the table worth well over 200 zeni.

"What the hell I'm supposed to do with this", the bartender said cracking a brow at Ruurik.

"That currency is good for probably double what I've spent here and is accepted everywhere in the civilized galaxy", Ruurik said standing up and swaying slightly. Maybe he was a little more than just buzzed.

"I can't spend this anywhere!" the bartender yelled at Ruurik as he began making his way towards the door with the bottle in hand.

"Sounds like a personal issue. If you have a problem either figure it out or try and stop me", Ruurik said looking back over his shoulder at the bartender. The bartender scowled at Ruurik and grudgingly snatched the strange bill off the bar.

"That's what I thought", Ruurik said finishing his short walk towards the door. The bar had gone silent again during the tense little exchange between Ruurik and the bartender. Almost all the patrons watched Ruurik as he made his way to the door. The patrons only beginning to liven up after Ruurik had made his way through the door way.

Once outside Ruurik straightened up and took a swig off the bottle. Ruurik lowered the bottle and screwed the cap back on before wiping his mouth with his forearm. Maybe he'd find a nice forest to pass out in or maybe a nice little island. Ruurik found himself wondering what the salt content of this planet’s ocean’s were as his aura flared and he took off into the sky.

WC: 612
TWC: 2,447
Ruurik
Ruurik
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Creno Valour 8/22/2012, 4:39 pm

In a matter of moments, it had all gone South.

Creno saw the strange alien attempt to pay with what likely was false currency. He sighed. Why were there always these guys that attempted to get a free pass? Creno was the only one who eyed Ruurik with a sense of bravery, but he had already used his Ki Sense ability. Also, he had sensed that the other was likely no push over. He would wait. Creno turned towards Saipher who was incredibly frustrated.

"Damned Xeno's. Waltzing in here with that attitude." Saipher cursed, walked over towards a phone and made a call. "I'll return the favour." Once the call was made, Saipher walked over towards Creno and tossed the likely phoney currency in the trash. "I put a hit out on him." He told Creno. "He owes a fee, unless someone will cover him. Either way, he seems likely to be a threat to himself and others." Saipher said.

"Some Bounty Hunters will probably bring him in." Creno agreed. "What's his damage, Saipher?" Creno asked.

"He owes all together, 75 Zeni, which wouldn't even have been that much." Saipher said.

"I'll cover the cost and damages." Creno said. "Sorry about that in advanced. I'll make sure my Superiors are informed that there is a dangerous Alien on the loose." Creno said.

"All right, Valour. You always were a good guy. I hope that never changes." Saipher said.

"We'll see." Creno responded. "Either way, here's 100 Z. That should cover my expenses, plus the freak's." Creno said. "Good thing he didn't attempt to take all of The Everclear bottles." Creno was in a bad mood at that point and had actually pondered pursuing The Xeno. Either way, he had a motive, however, motive was not enough incentive for him to start a suicide run.

"What are you thinking, Valour?" Saipher asked.

"I can put in a good word with some of my fellows in The Army. After that, I will train until I can take it out on my own." Creno said, he was certain that Ruurik would be a danger down the road as well. Either way it went, Creno needed to get back to his training. Sooner or later, he would likely meet that Xeno in single competition, and that would mean a life or death scenario. It was clear to Creno that the thing hated Saiyans for this or that reason. It wasn't that strange to find non-Earthlings who hated Saiyans in the first place. He wondered if it was The P.T.O. that had wronged the alien in the first place. Saiyans were also known throughout the universe as a conquering Empire.

That was likely what had happened, the freak's planet got conquered and it held resentment towards his people for being weak.

But I can't take him out yet on my own. Creno thought to himself.

One of these days, I will be ready. Creno stepped outside of the bar after he'd finished his drink and paid for everything he had ordered, plus the freak's drinks. He hated fronting for others, but sometimes, the old man's favour was more important. He had earned face with Saipher which was critical to Creno's agenda. He looked up at the sky and used Ki Sense to detect the general direction that The Xeno had gone off in. He smiled, he could find it again if he wanted to. Creno's own brilliant aura flared about his person to stir up a crowd of shocked observers.

Then, Creno flew off in the exact opposite direction that Ruurik had flown in. Instead, Creno was making his way back towards HQ to report the situation of the likely renegade Xeno. It was likely that the thing was wanted somewhere with an attitude like that. Creno would have them perform a background check and look at the interplanetary database for wanted and dangerous criminals. Creno closed his eyes as he flew, able to fully visualize the alien in his mind. Even with his eyes closed, he could see the creature to every complete and minute detail. Creno was quick witted and he could learn at an advanced rate, unlike the average Saiyan, Creno was actually quite intelligent. He flew past some airplanes as he made his way back to HQ and waved his hand towards some kids that were on the plane staring at him in awe.

Not everybody could fly...

~FIN~

Creno Word Count=824
Creno TOTAL Word Count=2,661
Creno Valour
Creno Valour
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down