Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ava Quest # 21 - Test Dummy

Go down

Ava Quest # 21 - Test Dummy Empty Ava Quest # 21 - Test Dummy

Post by Ava 3/24/2012, 1:29 pm

Test Dummy

Easy Quest
Requirement: None

Reward: 1,000 Z

The Capsule Corporation is designing a new series of combat androids and wishes to test them against a warrior of your calibre. They put a strange sensor suit on you and have you fight a legion of the robots to acquire data.

-----------------------------------------------

It was late afternoon when Ava received a visitor to her house in Lilly Town.
Her door bell rang and she smiled. It was probably Aria coming for her daily chess lesson.

“You’re a bit early Aria…” she walked to the door and opened it.
“…Agan…hi.” she was shocked, but she smiled and greeted him.
“How… how did you find me?” she asked him as she stepped aside and he walked into her home.

“It wasn’t exactly hard. Your power level is stronger than anyone in the town.” He smiled and turned to her.
“Even with you suppressing it.” he smiled.
She smiled back. She had missed his goofy smile.
“So, how have you been?” he asked her.

“Good… you?” she asked him, making small talk.

“Good… training as usual.” He laughed.

“Do we do anything else but train?” she laughed with him.

“No, guess not…” he laughed.
“Who… who’s Aria?” he asked her.

She had to think quickly. Kaval couldn’t know that she was growing close to Aria. And no doubt Agan wouldn’t be able to keep his mouth shut about her.

“Ah… just a girl from town who collects my glass bottles for some extra Zenni.” She smiled.
“Agan, I don’t want to sound rude, but um…” she said, walking over to her couch and sitting down.
She looked up at him.
“Why are you here?” she asked him, leaning forward.

“Oh yeah, Bulma asked me to give you this.” He said, digging in his pocket and handing her a letter in an envelop.

Ava took it from him and saw Bulma’s hand writing on the front.

“Why couldn’t she come give it to me herself, or send Kaval?” she asked him, opening the letter.

“She’s kinda busy right now and Kaval has been locked in the Gravity Chamber for three days now.” he said, rubbing the back of his head.
“Anyway, gotta go. Gotta go and catch dinner.” He said, walking towards the door.

“Fish again?” Ava smiled at him and he sighed.

“Fish steaks for dinner, fish cakes for breakfast, and grilled fish for lunch and fish flakes for snacks. It’s driving my crazy.” He laughed.

“Well you know what to do. Find a dino for dinner.” She got up and walked him out.

“Invited over for dinner or as dinner?” he asked her.

“Either way.” She laughed at him.
“Um, Agan, don’t tell Kaval I’m here, okay.” She begged him.

“Sure.” He smiled and waved goodbye to her as he flew off back home.

She waved him off, then looked at the letter and opened it up. She read the first line.

“Ava.” She started simply.
“I need you to over to Capsule Corporation’s main testing facility as soon as you get this. Bulma.” she finished off.

She looked at her watch and it wasn’t early enough to get there now. She would go tomorrow. Besides, Aria was on her way, judging by the happy little foot falls heading around the house.

“Ava!” she shouted as she came around the corner.
Ava smiled and hugged her.

“You ready?” Ava smiled at her.

“When are you going to train me for real?” Aria pouted and folded her arms over her chest.

“When you’ve trained your mind first.” She said, poking her forehead softly.

They went in and started with the chess game.
Ava cancelled the next day just in case she would take all day at Capsule Corp.

The next day, she packed up her stuff and headed off towards West City again.

She landed outside Capsule Corporation’s main testing facility three hours later and walked in. The receptionist at the front desk looked up at her as she walked in. The receptionist was dressed formally, with jewellery and fine clothes. Ava on the other hand, was wearing her patched up training suit, armour, and shell over her crane cloak. She felt quite embarrassed as the woman looked her up and down.

“Welcome to Capsule Corporation, how may I help you?” she asked somewhat snootily.

“I…I’m here to see Bulma.” Ava whispered.
The woman looked at her, not believing this woman knew their CEO.
“Bulma Briefs…” Ava added, looking around the room.

“Are you sure you know Mrs Briefs?” she asked Ava.

“I know her too… and I won’t tell Bulma you called her Mrs Briefs.” Ava smiled at her.
“Call her, or tell me where her office is… please.” Ava asked her.

She sighed and turned on her chair.

“Up the steps, down the passage on the right, up one more flight of stairs and the first door on your right. It’s the training room control centre.” She explained.

Ava tried hard to remember what she had said but she just looked at her as the receptionist chewed her gum.

Ava smiled at her.

“Thanks.” She said, walking off.

As she walked, she heard some people laughing behind her back. She turned and saw them mocking her shell. She felt the anger bubbling up again. She lifted her finger and shot put a tiny ki ball and aimed it at the coffee cup in the man’s hand. It went right through the mug, leaving a coin sized hole in the porcelain. Everyone stopped laughing her at and looked at her. She smiled and lowered her hand, and continued walking up the steps.

She followed the woman’s directions but she got lost. She forgot which way to go, left or right. She went right and walked into a room. She flipped the switch and saw that it was an office.

She walked in and closed the door. This was Bulma’s office, judging by the name plate on the desk. She walked up to the desk and sat down in the guest’s chair. She looked around the office. There were plenty pictures of Alex around, but none of Kaval. She looked on the desk and she saw photos lying in a pile near the other chair. She stood up and leaned over to get a closer look at them.

She gasped, and picked on up with a shaking hand. It was a black and white photo of her and Kaval talking in the alleyway three days ago when she fought the gang. Who had taken the photos, and why did Bulma have them?

“But that means…” Ava whispered to herself.
“She knows…” Ava gasped, dropped the photo and ran for the door.

She went out and began to run back down the hall when she saw Bulma walking up the steps and towards her. She stopped talking to the man next to her and she saw Ava.

“Ava, hi.” She walked up to her and hugged her.

Ava was frozen. She didn’t know how to act. She knew that Bulma knew that she loved Kaval.

“You got my letter. Good, now we can start.” Bulma said, walking into the training room.

“This way please.” Bulma asked her, holding the door open.

Ava looked around. There was no one here that could take her, but she knew of Bulma’s inventions. She probably had invented something that could nullify her Saiyan powers. She went in anyway. She walked into a room that was mostly metal and machines, with flashing lights and computers filling the room.

“Here, put this on.” Bulma handed her a black suit with green dots on it.
Ava took it and frowned.

“New fashion?” Ava asked her.

“No, it’s a motion detecting suit. We need you to wear it for the test.” She smiled.

Maybe she hadn’t seen the photos yet, or she was acting really well. Ava smiled and took off her shell and bag. She slipped the suit over her suit and looked at Bulma.

“Now, got down there and fight the androids we send down there. You can destroy them if you want, all the data will be recorded here.” Bulma gestured to a door that led down to the training room.

“Me fighting Androids, seriously?” Ava asked her.

“Yes, Kaval is training in that damn gravity chamber and Agan is too dumb to fight them and gather data. He’ll just blow them up; no questions asked. So it’s gotta be you.” She said to her.
“Now go. We’ll pay you for your services of course.” Bulma smiled at her.

Ava shrugged, turned and walked to the door Bulma had pointed at. She walked through it and down a flight of steps down into a room that resembled the Gravity Chamber back at Bulma’s house.

“Okay, we’re starting them at 100% power output, so don’t hold back. It’s just a test run, so go crazy.” Bulma came on the intercom and said.

“Sure.” Ava said, moving into her starting position.

Five slots opened up in the wall and the androids came out. They were small orbs that seemed easy enough to beat.

Bulma counted down and as soon as she got to one, they launched at Ava at the same time. She dodged them and punched out at them. She kicked and fought them off the good old fashioned way until she realized that their outer shell had been re-enforced with carbon fibre. She felt like she needed to push them to the edge and over so she decided to destroy them.

She set her sights on one and shot put a series of small ki balls at it. She heard them whiz through the circuitry and then it fell to the floor. She smiled. They were easy enough to destroy. She turned to the others and did the same. In three seconds, they all had been pierced and were falling to the floor, sparking bits of metal. She leaned and looked at Bulma. She nodded and came back onto the intercom.

“2 minutes. Not bad. Kaval would be proud.” She said to Ava.

Was that an indication to Ava that Bulma knew? She wouldn’t know what Bulma knew until she confronted her, if she ever did. All Ava knew was that she had to stay away from Kaval. It wasn’t fair to Bulma otherwise.
Ava walked to the door and went back up to the control room.

“So what now?” Ava asked her.

“You take off the suit and go collect your earnings at the front desk. Then, when we’ve completed work on the 2.0, we’ll call you up again, if you don’t mind.” Bulma smiled at her.

“Sure, why not. Extra Zenni is always welcome in a Saiyan’s house.” Ava smiled, pulling off the suit.

She handed the suit to Bulma and waved to her as she left. Ava was going to find those photos and destroy them, but before she could back into the office, the cleaner went in. She couldn’t do it then. She glanced back at where Bulma was in the control room and sighed. She would know that Ava had been seeing Kaval. Hopefully there weren’t any photos of them kissing in there.

Ava left to go home, stopping off at the front desk and collecting her Zenni.

“Now that we have all of her vital stats, we know how to make the 2.0 androids strong and durable enough to kill her.” Bulma smiled at soon as Ava left.

“Get that suit to the lab and get that data downloaded. Get them working on the next batch.” Bulma said to her assistant.
He nodded and ran off, with the precious suit in hand.

“Next time Ava comes in here, she’ll be leaving in a body bag.” Bulma smiled as she watched her assistant collect the androids down below.

“Kaval won’t suspect a thing.” She smiled.

----------------------------------------
END
----------------------------------

Quest Status – Completed
WC – 1928
Ava
Ava
Former Member
Former Member

http://magnaangel.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down