Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ava Quest #22 - Test Dummy Part 2

Go down

Ava Quest #22 - Test Dummy Part 2 Empty Ava Quest #22 - Test Dummy Part 2

Post by Ava 3/25/2012, 1:28 pm

Test Dummy Part 2

Medium Quest

Requirement: Must have completed Test Dummy.

Reward: 2,000 zeni

After the tests they ran with you, the Capsule Corporation is confident they have created an android that can keep up with you in battle. They ask you to come back again, for another combat test. You might find that they've done their homework, because the android is a real challenge. Time to prove why you're the best!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days later, after many hours of toiling and trying to figure out how to get a hold of those photos, Ava got a call.

It was Bulma’s personal assistant. The new androids were ready for testing. Ava considered turning them down, just to stay out of the war path, but there was no way that Bulma could hurt her. She was a mere human. Ava accepted and took off towards West City, after cancelling with Aria again. She wasn’t too happy about it, but Ava promised her that she would show her how to fly when she got back as a penance.

She arrived three hours later and this time, when she walked in, everyone stopped and stared at her. No one made a sound. It was as if they all knew what was in store for her.

There had been a rumour floating around that the new Killbots were designed off of her strategic archetype and that they were in the final testing stages today. They all knew what that meant. She would die here today but no one wanted to tell her.

She walked up the steps, down the hall and up another flight of steps and into the training room control centre. Bulma was there, waiting for her.

“Hi, glad you could make it.” Bulma smiled at her, handing her the suit.
“2000 Zenni is waiting for you when you’re done.” She added as Ava slipped on the suit.

“Thanks. Same as the other day?” Ava asked her.

She nodded.

“Just try your best. We’ve rebuilt them and reconfigured them. They’ll be quite a bit harder to kill this time around.” Bulma smiled.

“If you say so.” Ava smiled at her and went down into the training room.

Bulma smiled. This was her chance. She released the Killbots. The five of them came out of the wall just like last time.
They stopped and a strange beeping sound filled the room. The five Killbots were searching their data base. They recognised Ava and searched for the instructions connected to this subject.

“Subject acquired. Ava.”
“Race, Saiyan.”
“Command, destroy on sight.” The five of them said in their robotic voices.

Ava smiled. This would be too easy.

Bulma smiled. Finally, the end was in sight.

They all attacked her at the same time, just like last time. Ava figured that they hadn’t improved much on the battle strategies, so she went for the same thing as she did last time. Test their durability, and then find their weak spot and destroy them.

She punched and kicked out at them and noticed immediately, they weren’t being knocked back nearly as much as they were last time. They had been equipped with a pressure absorbent material as a skin. It was working; they barely budged as Ava attacked them.

She jumped back and looked up at Bulma, who showed her a thumbs up and smiled. Ava looked back at the Killbots and frowned. They were putting put more energy than before, she couldn’t take a chance. They needed to be destroyed.

They surrounded her and she could hear them powering up internally. Ava lined them all up in her sights and attacked the first one with her Banshee Blast. She turned and shot out at the others after she was done with the first one. When she got back to the first one she attacked, she was hit squarely in the face by five ki balls. She threw her arms up and blocked the attack. She then felt more attacks coming from all directions.

She powered up, tensed her muscles and tried to fend off the attacks. They tore into the test suit and burnt through her navy blue suit. She realised she would have to patch it up again after this.

When the attacks stopped, she lowered her arms and looked at the bots. They were still flying and were untouched.

“They reflected my ki blasts back at me…” she huffed and looked at Bulma, who was smiling.

“We up-ed their protective outer layers, and made them capable of reflecting ki.” Bulma told her.

“Great, so how am I supposed to kill it!” Ava shouted at her.

Ava heard the door lock with a deadbolt and she looked up at Bulma.

“You’re not supposed to.” Bulma smiled.
“They are the Killbots that will make Capsule Corporation millions. Bullet proof, tough, capable of taking a lot of punishment. Think about, protection for presidents, special victims who are testifying in court.” Bulma went on to explain.
“And getting rid of you.” She added, smiling.

“Wh…What…” Ava asked her, not believing the words coming out of her mouth.

“That suit you wore last time, recorded all your vital stats, and we built the bots so they would be able to overcome those stats.” Bulma explained.
“And kill you.” She added.

Ava nodded sadly and stood up right.

“So, you know.” She looked up at Bulma.

“For months now. He would come home from meeting you and he would be on top of the world. He was like a different person.” Bulma said sadly.

“He’ll kill you when he finds out you tried to kill me, you know that right.” Ava told her.

“That’s the best part. Your death will be chalked up as an unfortunate training accident.” Bulma smiled.
“He won’t even notice.” She added.

“So, you think these things will kill me, right?” Ava smiled up at her.

She couldn’t believe that her best friend was doing this to her, but then again, what kind of friend was she?

“They will.” Bulma smiled down at her.
“Now switching to 50% power.” Bulma added, upping the power of the bots.

“WHAT!” Ava shouted, looking at the bots as they pulled more power from the power points in the wall.

“They were at 10% before.” Bulma smiled.
“And just to make sure they kill you, 50 times Earth’s Gravity.” Bulma smiled, turning the dial that activated the Gravity chamber.

Ava felt it pulling her down violently as the effects activated. She knelt down as it gripped at her. She looked up at he bots and they we’re being affected.

“Gravity neutralisers.” Bulma smiled, knowing what she was thinking.

“Damn, you’re really mad aren’t you?” Ava smiled up at her.

“You have no idea just how mad I can get.” Bulma shouted down at her.
“Your first mistake was falling for a man who belonged to a genius with a multi billon dollar company that builds technology.” Bulma added.

“He doesn’t belong to you…” Ava whispered.

“What was that, I couldn’t hear you over your cries for mercy?” Bulma mocked her.

Ava pushed herself up and stood up right, looking up at the window.

“He doesn’t belong to you!” Ava shouted at him.
“And no one is crying for mercy here.” she added.
“Yet.” She smiled.

She began attacking the bots furiously. Just as she pushed one back, the next would push her back. Bulma watched the push and pull game from the control room. She had no way of knowing what Ava was planning. But she was confident that the bots could still win. Ava saw Bulma crank up the gravity and the power of the bots with a flick of her wrest.

She growled as she felt the gravity pulling her down from her flight and the bots begin to fight harder than before.
She knew that ki blasts wouldn’t destroy them, unless they were so powerful that it just completely overran them and melted them into expensive doorstoppers.

First, she would try her weakest attack. She held out her right hand, grabbed her wrist with her left hand and shot out a powerful blast out at one bot. It absorbed her blast, calculated her position, and reflected it back at her.

She gasped, her eyes widened and she dodged it. She looked back at the blast as it hit the floor.

“Okay, so that one’s out.” She said, to herself as she watched the blast burn into the floor where she was standing.

She looked up at the bot and saw that there was a little red light flashing on it’s surface. Did that mean it sustained damage?

Ava guessed so. She needed a good and powerful attack to take care of the rest of them. But she needed time to get the ki together and ready. This would be first time she would be forced to use her Super Kamehameha.

“Hey Bulma, do you know he was betrothed to me?” she looked up at Bulma.
She seemed to be scrambling behind the control panel. Ava smiled, the bot had sustained damage.

“WHAT!” Bulma shouted down at her.

“Ever since he was nine years old. His father, King Vegeta betrothed us. I even had a ring to show it.” Ava smiled at her.

“That may be good and well, but I have his son. I’m the woman he chose to have a child with.” Bulma shouted at her.

“He chose nothing. He didn’t know humans and Saiyans were compatible mating partners!” Ava shouted up at her.
“I bet you it was only one time.” Ava smiled at her.

She saw Bulma get up set and g red in the face.

“Oh, it was…” Ava smiled.
“And now he’s trapped with you for ever.” Ava frowned.

“TRAPPED!” Bulma shouted.

“Trapped.” Ava reiterated.
“It was a mistake to try and do the same to me. You’ll learn that today, when I blow half of your facility up.” Ava said to her having gathered enough ki to attack the bots.

She went right to attacking the power points in the wall, cutting off any more power that the bots could absorb. She then turned her attention to the bots themselves. She grabbed them and slammed them against the wall one by one, piling them up in the corner of the room.

She then jumped back quickly before they could get back up. She pushed her palms together, pulled her hands back to one side and sent the ki charging towards her hands.

“Kamehameha!” she shouted quickly, blasting the bots with her white ki, overrunning them.

She held the beam there as pieces of the wall began to peel away. She could hear the circuits of the bots frying as the ki burned through them quickly.

When she had heard the fifth sizzle, she dropped her hands and cut the blast off. She stood there, looking at the five melted bots. They had all been melted together and stuck to the wall and floor. She felt the sweat dripping down her face as she breathed in hard, struggling for air. She turned slowly and looked at Bulma up in the control room, staring at the smoking bots.

The fire prevention sprinklers came on and doused Ava and bots with water.
Bulma turned her head slowly and looked down at Ava she saw that her eyes were green.

“100 years from now, when you’re long gone and I’m carrying his child, I’ll remember this as the day you tried to kill me.” Ava smiled at her.

She put her palms together once again and filled them with white ki. She bent down and drew her hands back as the ball of ki expanded in her hands.

“Ka…me…ha…me…” she said, and the ball expanded and filled her hands, spilling out slightly from he hands.

Bulma had to act quickly. She turned the dial of the gravity room to 100 times that of Earth’s gravity. Ava dropped to the ground violently, cutting off her attack as she fell to her knees.

She strained to lift her head enough to look up Bulma.

“You may be able… to stop me from moving… but you have yet to invent… something powerful enough to… kill me.” Ava wheezed.

“Not yet. But I bet if I leave you in there long enough, the gravity will do it for me.” Bulma smiled.
“Enjoy your stay.” Bulma added, walking away.

Ava fell over forward, her face pressing hard into the floor of the room. The water drops falling onto her back stung like mini wet meteors. How would she got out of this one, she could barely move at all. She could feel her organs in her body moving down towards the floor. It was causing her unimaginable pain as they began to put strain on her ducts and arteries.

She heard the bot doors open up and more bots entered the room. She rolled her eyes just enough to see that there was another five of them. If she could get up, then she would be okay. She remembered they had gravity neutralizing abilities. She had to grab one of them.

They started attacking her and her limbs were so heavy, she couldn’t even stop or block them as they pummelled her body. She was pushed over onto her back and she sighed out of relief even though the bots were still attacking her. As they did, she slowly began to lift her arms.

As soon as one came with in reach, she wrapped her arms around it and hugged it tightly. She sighed out of relief when the gravity lifted off her and returned to normal. She stood up and put the bot down on the floor, placing her foot on it, holding it in place.

She cupped her hands together again and aimed at the control room. She needed to switch this gravity off so she could get out.

“Kamehameha!” she shouted and shot out towards the window.

It shattered through it, and flew into the room, burning and frying all the circuitry. She felt the atmospheric pressure change and lifted her foot off the bot that was now disabled. The gravity was back to normal. She smiled and flew up to the window. She slipped in and looked around.

This destroyed room was a symbol of her and Bulma’s friendship. It would never be the same again. It was burnt to a crisp and if it had ever lived, it was now dead. She hung her head. It was a pity. Ava thought she was really cool.

She sighed and landed in the blackened floor. She walked over to the door and pushed it open. She walked out into the hall to see Bulma and her assistant standing there, shocked.

“I must admit, you almost had me there.” Ava smiled.

Ava wiped the dust off her shoulder and walked up to her. She pulled off the suit and shoved it into her arms.

“If I were human, it would have worked.” Ava said.
“The next time you try and kill me, bring out the big guns.” Ava said, walking off.

Bulma watched as she walked off.
“You bet.” She growled at her.

Ava collected her Zenni and left.

She needed to see Kaval now and warn him that Bulma knew about them. She headed towards Bulma’s house and landed in the yard. She walked into the house and headed towards the gravity room.

She knocked on the door and heard the hard metal music playing inside. She sighed and pushed the button for the door to open. It slid open and she saw him doing pull ups on the ceiling bar.

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME IN HERE!” he shouted at her and then he realised it wasn’t Bulma.
“Oh.” he said, jumping down and walking towards her.
“Sorry, I thought you were Bulma.” he smiled.

“This is about Bulma.” She said, walking in and closing the door behind her.
“She knows, Kaval.” She turned to him.

“Knows what?” he asked.

“She knows that we love each other. She hired some guy to follow you around. He took photos of us the other day in the alley.” She elaborated.
“She just tried to kill me.” he added.

He looked her up and down and touched her bleeding arm.

“Killbots, Capsule Corp.’s new invention. Made solely for the purpose of killing me.” she whispered.
“She had me try and destroy them, knowing full well they could give out what was dished to them. They reflected my ki attacks and were lined with pressure absorbing outer skins. They were practically indestructible. And then she cranked up the gravity. I could barely move.” She told him.

“I’m so sorry.” He said softly.

“It’s not your fault…” she began but he stopped her.

“No it is. I asked her to make them for me. I never knew she would test them on you.” He growled.

“It’s okay. I destroyed them with a Super Kamehameha.” She explained.
“Then she got mean and turned the gravity up to 100.” She sighed.

“But you’ve never trained under gravity before.” He said.

“Yeah, and she knew it.” Ava smiled.
“It was so close. Is she hadn’t sent in more bots, I would have died in there.” She said, looking at her feet.

He sighed.

“You did well to tell me. I’ll deal with her.” he pulled her into a hug.
She hugged him and back enjoyed this last moment with him. There wouldn’t be another for quite some time.

“Don’t kill her.” Ava whispered to him

“Why not, she tried to kill you.” He hugged her tighter.

“It’s not right,” she pushed him away a little, but still held onto his hands.
“And besides, I’m fine. She now knows that I can’t be killed easily.” She smiled at him, playing with his fingers.
“And… she’s the mother of your child Kaval. You need to… pick her over me.” she said slowly, letting go of his hands suddenly

He couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“What?” he asked her to repeat what she had said.

“We need to end this thing, here and now.” she told him.
“I worry for you, you live here, and she can kill you without you even noticing.” She told him.

“She can try.” He smiled.

“I’ll be leaving now. I don’t want you to follow me, and I don’t want you to come looking for me.” she told him, closing her eyes so she couldn’t see the hurt and disappointment in his eyes.

“Please. After she dies, I’ll come find you, and then we can be together. But until then, you need to try and make it work with her, even if it’s just for Alex’s sake.” She told him.

“You’d let her win me, even after what she’s done to you.” He asked her.

“Oh Kaval, you were never a prize to be won.” She touched his cheek.
“You give your heart to whomever you want and it’s not up to Bulma or I to win it.” he smiled.
“Because you are superior to us both.” She added.
“You run the game.” She smiled.

She planted a light kiss on his lips and turned to walk out.

“So let me get this right, you’re dumping me?” he asked her.

“No, you’re letting me go.” She said, walking out.

She flew off back home and when she finally got there, she walked into her house, locked the door behind her and went to her bathroom. She closed the door, sat down in the corner, pulled her knees up to her chest and began to cry.

It was all over and her heart was aching.

------------------------------------------------
END
------------------------------------------------

Quest Status – Completed
WC - 3213
Ava
Ava
Former Member
Former Member

http://magnaangel.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down