Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peace and Discord (Broly v. Sairai)

2 posters

Go down

Peace and Discord (Broly v. Sairai) Empty Peace and Discord (Broly v. Sairai)

Post by Sairai 3/28/2012, 11:10 pm

The moon shone brightly overhead, the blue-white light shining brightly through the leaves of the trees. Soft clouds whisked by the small white satellite as it orbited above the Earth below. Sairai levitated and allowed himself to be bathed the moonlight. His legs were crossed over one another in a meditative state. As a deep peace of mind worked its way over him, he slowly became aware of his chakras. He allowed them to open one by one, and felt his ki flowing through them in a steady flow. A light blue aura surrounded him with and let out a steady flow of energy.

The light radiated off of him softly before Sairai closed his chakras and allowed his ki to slowly return to its base level. He opened his white-blue eyes and smiled softly.

“My ki control is getting better. I can finally control it to a fine point, though I’m sure I can get better,” he said to himself. He uncrossed his legs and stood up among the clearing. A cool wind shifted the grass at his feet, brushing it against him gently. “Such a peaceful night. I wish this peace would never end.”

The Changeling looked around himself and took in the beautiful scenery. If only he were a painter, he would gladly sit and make this very moment immortal upon canvas. The moon just cresting over the boughs of the trees, the soft white light bathing the entire world in an almost holy radiance was beautiful.

Unfortunately, all things such as this would eventually come to an end. A quiet moment among the trees of the forest, a night of reading by lamplight, or even a restful bath; all of these things would eventually be replaced in time by something a bit more exciting, and nowhere was this more apparent than tonight. A strange, almost chaotic energy was approaching, and Sairai was unsure what this meant for himself. He concealed his ki to about twenty-five percent of his full power and waited for the being giving off this strange, erratic energy to find him.

Whoever this is, I just hope he doesn’t try to destroy this picture perfect clearing, the young Changeling thought to himself. He had spent months searching for the perfect place to meditate, and he was seriously considering making his home right there in the large clearing in the center of the forest east of South City.

WC: 404
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 61
Race: Changeling

http://www.infinitedbz.com/t636-sairai-the-soft-hearted

Back to top Go down

Peace and Discord (Broly v. Sairai) Empty Re: Peace and Discord (Broly v. Sairai)

Post by Broly 3/28/2012, 11:43 pm

Broly's feet touched down softly just outside of the clearing, in the midst of a tight grouping of trees. He could hear everything around him, every soft brush of foliage, every shake of a tail. Every piece of nature was working in perfect harmony to bring beauty to this one specific spot, and most would call it a beautiful blend of harmony and chaos, brought together by Mother Nature to form a flawless area for rest and respite. Broly, however, was not most people. He lived not for the birds, not for the bugs or the grass. Broly lived for one singular purpose. He lived to destroy these things, the things others found pleasure and comfort in, simply because he lacked the ability to find those things within himself.

His mind was always filled with internal conflict, his inner peace sent astray by his unrelenting power. It was a darkened path he walked, much like the grouping he stood in now. The moonlight was blocked out by the forest canopy, with only streams of it's white light leaking down to the ground to light his way forward, not that he needed it. His face was oddly blank, lacking the scowl or the snarl he usually wore to display his emotions. He was rarely content these days. He no longer had a limiter crown, and yet his powers remained locked. He remained weakened by his scientist of a father's final punishment before his own disappearance. It left him bitter and angry, enraged with no outlet for his anger. It was enough to make him sick.

Stepping into the clearing to come before Sairai the Softhearted, Broly tilted his head toward the Changeling as a sign of acknowledgement. The Saiyan's energy was radiating off of his body in short, arcing curls that seemed to dance in the air before evaporating into a pool of sparks. It was a sign of his unrefined nature, his inner spirit leaking out of him for lack of room inside. Something about that creature before him was enraging him. At first, he'd only sought it out for it's heavy energy. He could feel it from miles away...but now he wanted to destroy it because it reminded him of his past.

He clenched his fists tightly, forcing the blood to rush to his finger tips, leaving his knuckles and hand white, while his fingers glowed a bloody red. Where did he get off? Changelings were supposed to be bastards, and here he was, lounging in the moonlit night? Opening his mouth to speak, Broly barked a statement in his direction, clearly meaning for it to insult the peaceful fellow in the clearing. He had no reason to respect a Changeling. Frieza had shown him no respect, no quarter. Then again, neither had his own people.

"Get out of here, monster. Before I crush you in the grass beneath my feet!", the sight of this fellow made his rage rise up. He could feel himself growing more and more heated as his aura spiraled out of control, sending ripples through the grass, forcing them to make waves of pale green beneath the moonlight. It was obvious, just by his posture, that he had come seeking a battle. He stood firmly upon the grass, fists clenched and eyes ablaze. He hadn't come here to chat about art, or modern culture.

He had come to destroy.

WC:568
Broly
Broly
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 89
Race: Saiyan

Back to top Go down

Peace and Discord (Broly v. Sairai) Empty Re: Peace and Discord (Broly v. Sairai)

Post by Sairai 3/29/2012, 12:18 am

Monster? Is he confusing me for Frieza? the Changeling thought to himself as he looked at the beast of a man before him. He cocked his head to the side and looked the man up and down. The energy radiating off the man was chaotic, uncontrolled. The rage that the man seemed to be barely containing was obvious, even without being able to read his mind.

“You would call someone you’ve only just met a monster?” he asked. He straightened his neck once again and looked at the man with a curious expression. “Seems like you have a lot of pent up anger. This is unfortunate, as I have little reason to fight someone I just met.”

He concentrated on the man’s ki signature and noticed that his power, though overflowing from his physical body, seemed to be somewhat weaker than such a chaotic energy should have been. It was almost as though the man’s power had been sealed deep within, or was held back by his own interminable anger.

Sairai crossed his arms as his tail swished back and forth in an agitated manner. He could tell that there was little chance the man would allow him to leave without a fight. Sighing, he made up his mind that now was not the time to try diplomacy. If he was going to survive this encounter to continue his life in peace, he would have to be willing to beat the man before him.

“I see you’ve already decided that you won’t let me go without making me pay for it in blood. Very well,” he said, allowing his ki to flow outward from his solar plexus chakra. Considering the relative strength of his opponent, he figured that around fifty percent of his power should prove more than enough to match him, at least in his current form.

Sairai took his ready stance, his tail curling up over his right shoulder, and his palms open and facing his opponent. He planted his feet firmly, about three feet apart, to keep his balance. He cleared his mind of all extraneous thought and prepared himself for what promised to be one hell of a battle.

“I don’t want to have to fight you, but I will if you insist. I’ll give you the first move.”

WC: 383
TWC: 787
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Broly 3/29/2012, 12:39 am

Broly adjusted his posture in the grass, listening to the Changeling's cold voice. Something about this one felt different than the others, as if he were in a completely different gene pool. Frieza would have been trying to kill him by now, but this one seemed to hesitate, as though he didn't want to fight with the Legendary Warrior. Did he fear his power...?No, this thing's power was formidable. As proud of his strength as he was, he wasn't sure he could take this thing alone. Still, it mattered little. He would still fight until his bones were turned into dust by the force of his opponent's blows, if he was forced to. His breathing slowly became more ragged as the fellow pitied him with the first move.

Was he that naive, as to think Broly needed encouragement? Or that he needed to be spotted a blow? All of this was mounting to piss him off even more than it should have been, but he had never been very good at controlling his rage. His energy erupted from his body into a powerful sphere of emerald fire, surrounding him with a burning circle of pure power. It was rapidly expanding and contracting with Broly's rising energy levels. While his maximum wasn't very impressive in comparison to this Changeling's, he could still fight to the fullest he was able. If only he could have unlocked his latent power-- that creature would have been dust within seconds.

Suddenly, his energy dispersed with a 'blip' reminiscent of a radar's HUD. His body convulsed briefly, before leaping toward his target. Traces of energy were still dancing along his frame as he approached, wide eyed and heavy handed. His fists had loosened, but only slightly. His body in flight, radiated with a white glow from the light reflecting off of his skin as he reached his opponent, rage finally over taking him in a frenzy of fury and blood-lust. His right hand came in with a wild and yet somehow compact swing, aimed for the jaw. Whether or not the blow connected, he followed up with his left, before covering his right in a ball of gem-like energy. Smashing forward with the power he was able to access, he attempted to slam it hard into the Changeling's face.

He wanted it to impact, he wanted it to explode and cover the area in flames and smoke. He wanted this peaceful little grotto to burn to the ground in a blaze of ashen glory. Then, to top it all off? He wanted to shove this bastard's face in the ashes and watch him squirm. If he could not feel the red hot call of battle, then he didn't deserve the cooled sensation that was peace and relaxation. Nobody deserved it, and nobody would get it so long as he was there to end them.

"Don't pity your opponent, Changeliiiiiing!", Broly called over the crackle of his now incoming fist of energy. If the Changeling were to avoid it, he'd just release the blast. If he were to block it, he'd let it explode. It was just a ball of energy, a diversionary tactic if nothing else. This would also give him a solid window into his opponent's abilities, not that he was in a fit state to assess them at the moment.

WC: 559
TWC: 1,127
Broly
Broly
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairai 3/29/2012, 1:54 am

Sairai watched the large man approaching him at what he assumed was nearly the man’s top speed. He moved out of the way, using a burst of speed to end up behind the large man. “I didn’t offer you the first move out of pity. I honestly don’t want to fight.”

His tail twitched in an agitated manner as he stood behind the larger man before him, who had released a ki ball the same size as his large and unwieldy fist. It exploded in the forest, causing the Changeling to have a hurt expression on his face. “You would destroy this place just for your own amusement.”

A scowl crossed the face of the Changeling. “Destruction and violence begets nothing but more of the same. I see, however, that you’re not exactly willing to listen to reason. I suppose I’ll just have to beat you until you can’t keep plying your destructive craft.”

The Changeling turned on his foot and whipped his tail out, trying to smash the larger being across the back, then he jumped back and pointed a single finger at the larger being. “I’m sorry, but I can’t just let you destroy this pristine place. I will stop you!”

Energy flowed from Sairai’s chakras and through his hand, finally moving out of his right index finger and to a point about a centimeter in front of it. “I won’t stand for meaningless destruction on this planet. It is my home, and I will protect it with all of my being.”

He unleashed his attack, a barrage of a dozen Death Beams, aiming right at Broly. His eyes followed the beams and he waited to see if they would hit, his arms crossed over each other as he prepared for the counter attack that he was certain was on its way.

WC: 304
TWC: 1,091
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Broly 3/29/2012, 10:34 am

Plying his destructive craft? The creature sounded almost like a poet. Broly’s expression remained fierce as he briefly gave chase to the thought in his head. He had to give the Changeling credit. He was wiry enough to evade his blows without much difficulty. Perhaps he would need a different tactic to damage him? It wouldn’t have been very surprising. Somehow, several Earth-based races had managed to give him a solid amount of trouble. Even with his limited power, he should have been able to destroy them with one hand held behind his back. Still, the surprise was fresh. He wasn’t used to having formidable targets... Earth would prove an apt training ground for him.

He watched as Sairai raised a finger in his direction. For the briefest second, Broly thought he was going to accuse him to death. The creature certainly knew how to utilize his motor-like mouth well enough. It was as if he couldn’t get it to stop speaking, not that he made an active effort. It only served to fuel him with every word that had emerged from between its lips. He had been in the middle of opening his mouth in retort when the first blast came exploding from Sairai’s fingertip. Dark eyes thrown open wide in shock, Broly brought his arms up to try and stop the blast from piercing his body.

The first one slammed into his forearm, the one that had been covering his heart. Lights flashed as Sairai’s energy continued to unleash, raining down upon the Saiyan’s guard with unstoppable power. Broly could feel his feet being pushed back through the grass, tearing it up from it’s roots with every puff of smoke that came exploding from his arms. As he was forced backwards into a tree, the Saiyan wondered where he had acquired such a deadly assault. Each blast felt like a shotgun shell slamming into his forearms, and on occasion his gut.

Had he not been releasing energy from all over his body, it wouldn’t have been far off to assume that the blasts could have pierced through him entirely. As it was, each blast was already leaving scorch marks and bruises on him. Was the Changeling once more taking pity on him? Was he afraid to kill? He would show him the errors of his ways, regardless of whether or not he admitted to them. Screaming with a renewed vigor as the final blast in Sairai’s series sent him crashing through the tree trunk, Broly cocked his hand back.

“Not so easily!”

Sweeping it across his chest in a heavy arc, he watched as time seemed to slow down around him. Energy rose up from his now visibly less apparent aura as he fell backwards with the trunk, rising to encompass the area directly in front of him with medium sized balls of energy. He was smirking with vicious intent as the balls continued to spawn, each one popping up like beautiful green fireworks in the dark woodland.

Things returned to their regular speed for him as the unleashed, ripping through the air toward Sairai in retaliation for his attack while Broly worked to prevent himself from hitting the ground. His arms had been rendered numb by Sairai’s first assault, but he still had enough control over them to hold himself up, throwing a hand out recklessly to prop himself off of the ground. Taking in a breath through his shakes, the warrior worked to push himself into standing position, before turning to face the Changeling once more. It was time to see if his assault had worked.

WC: 615
TWC: 1,742
Broly
Broly
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sairai 3/29/2012, 3:07 pm

A feeling of darkness, of unresolved anger and deep seated pain radiated off the man before him as he blocked Sairai’s barrage with what seemed to be increasing difficulty. He’s pretty tough. Shouldn’t be so surprised considering his size, but still… the Changeling thought to himself. His eyes narrowed slightly as he beheld the gigantic visage before him. The animosity he held for the Changeling race seemed most familiar. It’s almost as if he’s… His eyes widened in shock as he realized what he was dealing with.

A Saiyan! The thought flashed through his head before he was even prepared for it. It was definitely true that their two races hadn’t seen eye to eye since meeting long before Sairai was born, but still, he had no reason to hate Saiyans, and he had assumed up until this point that they in return had no reason to hate him, specifically. Guess I was wrong there, he decided.

Finally, the large man swiped his hand swiftly, almost casually across his chest as orbs of energy appeared before him. They were not particularly large in size, but there were more than enough of them to cause the Changeling worry that this might actually hurt quite a bit. As they were unleashed in his direction, the young man brought his arms up to block the attack. They bit into his flesh with wild abandon, causing considerable pain.

He grimaced as he felt bruises developing on his body from the onslaught. That attack was surprisingly agile. I don’t think holding back was in my best interests after all, he considered before he looked at the beast of a man before him. It looks like I’ll have to fight him on his terms, otherwise I’m not going to be able to stop him.

Sairai immediately began straining his body. His aura flared out, like a bright blue flame. He clenched his muscles and gritted his teeth as he felt the signature power of his race beginning to do its work on him. Slowly, almost methodically, his muscles began to build in mass. His bones creaked and grew in size as his torso flared out over his still shrunken legs. His legs followed suit, increasing in size to nearly match his opponent’s imposing physique. Finally, his arms and head also grew in size, and his horns went from sticking straight out on his head to taking on the appearance of bull horns, perfect for impaling an unwitting victim.

The Changeling was barely able to remain standing as the transformation came to a grinding halt. A small smile crossed his lips as he looked at the man before him. “I think this should be more than enough power to put a stop to your rampage,” he commented as he cracked his neck.

A dark look came over his face as he continued to look at what he assumed was a powerful Saiyan warrior, possibly an Elite. The man’s strange, off purple hair, his overly muscular body, and the look of pure rage seemingly stuck permanently on his face branded him as an outcast, perhaps even a man without anyone to call a friend. Sairai almost felt sorry for him, were it not for the fact that the beast before him took absolutely no pains to conceal or control his incredible rage.

The Changeling could not risk letting this fight drag on too much longer, so he immediately flew forward, unleashing his ki in waves as his powered flight increased his speed. He punched at the man’s gut before turning around and attempting to take him in his ribs with his tail. He then unfurled his hand and released a ki ball at the Saiyan warrior’s face, attempting to knock him out with the concussive blast.

I have to end this quickly…

WC: 634
TWC: 1,725

Last edited by Sairai on 3/30/2012, 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sairai
Sairai
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Broly 3/29/2012, 5:21 pm

“I think this should be more than enough power to put a stop to your rampage,”

Broly was in awe. This thing's already powerful aura had just grown even more forceful, placing more pressure onto the Legendary Super Saiyan's body. He was simply shocked that something so strong could tap into even more strength, but the fact that he was applying more power to take down the Legendary Warrior was a newfound source of pride. This thing had deemed it necessary to ascend to a higher level in order to deal with him. Smirking as his opponent cracked his neck in preparation, Broly wondered what new strengths this form was to bring. It was obvious that he had gained power, and likely a fair amount of speed despite his increased size. Something about this very nearly screamed out Lethality. Was it the horns?

No, it was everything. The suddenly sharpened nature of his transformation alone, coupled with the appearance of horns and increased muscle mass. Was it the expression? It had changed significantly since his change. At first it had been relatively benevolent. Now it looked the opposite. Not quite enraged, but different for sure. Less pleasant and happy, more darkness and business. It was as if he'd suddenly endured a life time of battle within a single second worth of time. Something inside of him told him that this change wouldn't bode well for the Saiyan. This thing was already far faster than he was, and now it would have an increased level of an already impressive power.

Suddenly, it's body exploded forward from the ground. Broly had little time to actually react, his eyes scanning the field for the Changeling's tracks. He could only follow the trail leading directly at his own body, no matter how quickly he tried to shift his eyes. He'd barely had time to shift his arms into defensive position when the enemy's fist came barreling into his gut with unparalleled force. Spittle flew freely from Broly's now dropped jaw, falling only inches before the follow up attack came in. He felt the attack before he really saw it, his body thrown to the side by the force and positioning of Sairai's blow.

Snapping his jaw shut as he stumbled off of the tree branch, he tried to raise his hands in an effort to defend himself. He had expected the increase, but to have it increase so much? He had never seen anything like it out side of his own abilities. Feeling his adrenaline pump through his veins, he had just begun to feel the effects when Sairai's final attack in the combination connected. The blast impacted between his guard, detonating harshly upon his sternum and sending him flying backward through the air. He had barely been conscious during the flight path, but hitting the soft ground with a solid thud only ensured his defeat.

He was on a losing streak, as it seemed.

"H-How dare...You!", he spat the words out at his foe, just before his eyes fluttered shut, and his breathing returned to a casual pace. It was almost like he was unwillingly asleep. How odd, that he'd been given such a painful lullaby. He had been soundly drummed in this encounter, but the next time he'd meet this peaceful warrior-monk-esque Changeling, things would be different. Whether or not they'd be embroiled in the heat of battle? That was debatable. Broly would have to wait, and see.

After all, there wasn't much more an unconscious man could do.

WC: 585
TWC: 2,327
Broly
Broly
Staff
Staff

Character Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down