Infinite Dragonball Z RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 1: I am Zero pleased to meet you (open roleplay)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Day 1: I am Zero pleased to meet you (open roleplay) - Page 2 Empty Re: Day 1: I am Zero pleased to meet you (open roleplay)

Post by Goku 6/5/2012, 4:42 pm

Crono found himself spacing out as Zero spoke to Aqua. Not because he was uninterested, but because after a shower and a heaping mound of burritos, he was feeling lethargic. His gaze was to the outside. He watched the denizens of West City make their way down the streets. Most seemed to be in a great haste, while others lazily walked, talking amongst each other. A few walked alone, headphones in their ears, or their eyes upon their mobile phones.

These people live out their lives, never really thinking about what it means to be alive. I wonder if they're like me at all? Do they worry about their place in all of this? Are they afraid of becoming monsters like I am?

“I also have come upon projections of high positive reactions from organic to inorganic relationships with companion model androids,” Zero said. “So what if I offer myself as a free companion android and get a shelter of my own so that many organics can visit and with interactions with many organics I can establish a vast network of differing personality types and other thinking entity centered data to accelerate my self development, Is this a sound strategy?”

“Oh boy,” Lucca said chuckling. “This is going to be good.”

The question was clearly directed at Crono who glanced over at the group. Everyone was looking at him. So, he had found that people seemed to react better to companion androids. And Zero wanted to offer himself up as one. Crono didn't know why it was funny, unless companion meant something he wasn't quite getting.

“Companion?” he asked.

Lucca about lost it, holding her hand to her mouth as to not burst with laughter She walked over and whispered into his ear. “Sex-bots.”

Crono's eyes widened and he about fell out of his chair. He ran a hand through his red mop of hair and let out a low sigh. Both of his blue eyes went to Aqua, a look of desperation and pure embarrassment. Her face was mortified and she looked as taken aback as him on the subject.

“Well I think that you should what makes you happy. However, I don't suggest doing that kind of stuff, as it won't be best for making real relationships with humans. I mean some humans become companions when they're hard up for money, but I don't think zeni is a problem for an android, is it?”

Crono sagged visibly in his chair. He figured his answer probably failed and Zero would become a prostitute anyway, but he was far too shy to further delve into the consequences of selling one's self for those sorts of favors.

“Lucca pleased to formally meet you as well. If it is not too much trouble could you assist me by providing me a coat of synthetic flesh for the back of my head and hair to allow me to fit in without this conspicuous attire? “ Zero said, his voice chipper as he spoke to Lucca now.

So, Aqua was asked about meaningful things, Lucca about practical things... yet Crono was subjected to the oddest of the questions. I swear if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all, he thought to himself.

Luca fixed her glasses, pushing them to the bridge of her nose. “Synthetic flesh you say? I might be able to whip some up with special insulated polymers and such,” she rubbed her chin further mulling it over. “You would be protected against electrical surges, as you just encountered. But, it would take me awhile and I'd need to be in a lab setting where I could safely mix and pour it into a mold. If you come back to my house with me, I'd be more than willing to fix you up. It might be fun actually. I've never met a machine so advanced as yourself, Zero.”

WC: 661
TWC: 4,300
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Day 1: I am Zero pleased to meet you (open roleplay) - Page 2 Empty Re: Day 1: I am Zero pleased to meet you (open roleplay)

Post by Unit Zero 6/7/2012, 1:10 am

Zero smiled pleasantly as Aqua expressed her worry. The smile was kept through ought most of the information gathering

<Care, compassion, empathy pleasant and safe and despite me being mechanical she can hold these for me? I whom have yet to acquire enough subjective data to posses self? A fascinating specimen this Aqua is I would see modeling my positive mannerisms off of people like her to give masses comfort and appeal, a “heart” so “warm” and appealing masses would likely be comforted by such attitudes of “warmth” and compassion.. though many may be skeptical of it coming from a robotic being,.>

<humans are so confusing yet so intriguing gold mines of information, knowledge and data just waiting to be tapped. Though to have multiple definitions of one word being so distant is odd. And to have a system of non circulation just strikes my logic sensors as odd as to deplete individuals of requirements just because they do not posses enough currency, a race should behave benefiting one another so the whole prospers. It seems while me and humans are similar as individual entities our practices and practical views differ.>

Zeros look turned puzzled with her behavior slowly becoming more sluggish and less invested <Are her systems in need of power and cool down? The equivalent to my own process humans call “sleep?Provided my out of date data defines the term correctly>

Zero listened to her speaking of why hatred for artificiality exists and had a confused look.

<Such volatile beings these humans seem to be at times this new data gives cause to postpone self development for higher self preservation measures. Internal temperatures for me are getting high as well due to my machinery working so long without pause. My body was made rather close to humans it seems. However much is unknown of why. Who made me? Why was I created? Why was I provided such small amount of data with key program.? How am I operating in the absence of a key objective? So many unknowns yet to uncover, but this new data is enough to make my self preservation software hesitant in perusing knowledge in general>

moving on to the topic god little response was evident.

<A creator a simple desire for a being to have and such an imaginative race no surprise one would wish it to be true. I may be argued to be a product of similar desire as would logically explain my closeness to humans, my literary database has a tale of such a thing with a sculptor wishing his creation life and this female entity granted his wish giving the statue life. Life to the lifeless.>

Zeros smile brightened as Aqua attempted to explain a souls general idea by explaining it in ways of a computer. Zeros response data advised playfully giggling to illustrate he understood what she was attempting.

<It seems the soul has libraries of different interpretations as what data I have on it doesn’t fallow a single view, perhaps with further learning and development I can pose an idea of it or be capable of taking a view.>

After viewing Cronos reactions Zero came to a rather quick conclusion that he has much like the cell used companion in a way its not exclusive as he thought.

Being granted a helping hand by Lucca agreeing to make his form require a little less concealing to fit in made the smile on Zeros face widen.

Having awaited the reactions of the organics Zero proceeded with his formulated responses

Zero began to advance toward Aqua looking deep in processing or thought, it seems difficult to distinguish or identify the two in Zero.

“Aqua I hypothesize if my self had been developed I would be touched by your care and compassion. I am a machine, a robot, a race with a dictionary definition translating to slave, a being created like a sword or a car, yet you where worried for my well being as if I where another life form. I am unsure of the sincerity of this but I have not developed a self yet, none the less my data tells me a means of conveying appreciation is appropriate.” The construct stopped in front of aqua before he suddenly wrapped his arms around the females waist as a few images his searches for expressing gratitude came with “Thank you Aqua.” Zero then let go going back 3 feet then stopping and resuming his responses.

“So much information I have a little doubt if I was not a supercomputer I would be utterly overwhelmed by the complexity of you organics instead of merely 4 degrees hotter then usual and confused due to lack of data being my first day of operations and lack of any detailed data beyond mere touches of potentially outdated data to have names to assign and merely make an elementary level hypothesis.” Zero spoke inspired by the cellphone and money information.

“I don’t yet understand the logic of hatred but I consed the logic I am a machine created in ambition and not originating from the binary perception of life. However I am now doubtful of my pursuit of self. Those masses seem volatile and with your data a being who is in most definitions a thing coming to poses self will be “terrifying” as it disturbs the collective mentality. I will require more data on volatile human nature but this data is sufficient to pose an alternative to questing for a self should humanity be unprepared to accept me as a being I can seek practical purpose until the day comes that the collective mentality is more open to an entity like me developing a self.” Zero ranted in response what the answers to the whys the events of the day sparked in him.

“I am content with the response of god however I searched files over wireless connection to the global data network and there seems to be many fascinating views on the soul. I will require more observation and study on the topic at a later date.” Zero gave a short and response to the two.

Zero turned to Crono to respond to the data he gave. “It appears I have mistaken once more I was led by my data to see the meaning of companion as friend, by your reaction that is not all it means and my idea seems to lean more to this additional meaning. What is the other definition and whats its function?”

After the response the robotic being turned to Lucca

“Lucca your terms are acceptable, thank you.” Zero concluded his rounds.

coolant streamed from his ears and nose before collapsing to his knees “temporary data folder full. Files being stored under Day one folder, merging data to main database. Integration requires “sleep cycling” processing “sleep”functions and integrating data to sleep mode. Data on light snoring and frame motion acquired, now entering....sleep mode.”

Zero collapsed using his hands as a pillow and curling up giving looped light snoring with his torso simulating breathing matching his snoring.

Unit Zero
Apprentice
Apprentice

Character Info
Level: 1
Race: Construct

Back to top Go down

Post by Goku 6/9/2012, 12:38 pm

Crono wasn't really sure what to do as Zero went on about the things that Aqua had explained to him. He had a soothing voice. It reminded Crono of the narrators from the books on tape that his mother often listened to. The rises and falls of his words were smooth and flawless. He never stammered or paused to collect his thoughts. Every sentence was clean and concise.

“It appears I have mistaken once more I was led by my data to see the meaning of companion as friend, by your reaction that is not all it means and my idea seems to lean more to this additional meaning. What is the other definition and whats its function?” Zero said to Crono, before turning to Lucca.
“Lucca your terms are acceptable, thank you.”

After that was said, Zero laid down on the floor and within a second was... asleep. Crono's eyes widened. His torso was rising and falling and there was even the sound of snoring. After seeing Lucca mess with his robotic innards, there was no question to the teen that he was a machine. Yet, this act was so life-like that it was startling.

“Nap time it is,” Crono said and rubbed the back of his red hair.

Lucca had a proud smirk across her face. “Simply astounding, that's what it is. I've never ever seen an android with this sort of mental capacity. Most are smart enough to complete tasks and answer with informative questions, but Zero processed and learned information—as if he had a brain of his own. It's almost eerie I think, how life-like he is.”

“So what now?” Crono asked, glancing to Aqua and then to Lucca.

“Well, he wanted me to install him some synthetic flesh. I think I'll take him back with me, home, and get started on that.”

Lucca bent over to try and move Zero. She grunted, not able to budge him. “Some help here?”

Reaching down, Crono picked up the still snoring Zero and carried him on his shoulder out the door and up the stairs to the roof. Lucca's flier looked like a combination of a mini-van and a helicopter. She pressed a button on a key-pod as she approached. The turbine engines let out a low whine as they roared to life. Lucca opened up a hatch on the side of the vessel, revealing a small cargo hold. Crono set Zero down inside and closed it.

“It was good seeing you kid,” Lucca said and clapped Crono on the shoulder. She faced Aqua and gave a small curt bow. “And it was very nice meeting you, Lady Aqua. Take care of Crono for me, he has a tendency to get himself in trouble. You both have my phone number now, so keep in touch.”

She climbed into the cockpit of the flier and shut the door, taking hold of the flight stick. With her free hand she waved as it lifted off the roof and flew off, disappearing in the haze of the cityscape.

WC: 516
TWC: 4,816
Goku
Goku
Staff
Staff

Character Info
Level: 81
Race: Saiyan

http://www.infinitedbz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aqua 6/10/2012, 11:51 pm

Aqua listened intently as Zero recited his thoughts on all the information she had given him. Without skipping a beat he gave what must have been a small report, though to Aqua it could have been a mini lecture. She smiled politely and nodded when called for.

When Zero was ddone addressing her he turned to Crono. “It appears I have mistaken once more I was led by my data to see the meaning of companion as friend, by your reaction that is not all it means and my idea seems to lean more to this additional meaning. What is the other definition and whats its function?” Zero said to Crono.

Aqua’s mouth dropped to what felt like the floor. Her face reddened considerably, thankfully Zero waited for no answer before turning to Lucca. “Lucca your terms are acceptable, thank you.”
Out of the blue Zero’s monotone robotic voice chimed in. It appeared that the day was finally catching up to him. He knelt down and laid on the floor. Much to her amazement he appeared to be out cold, dead asleep.

“Nap time it is,” Crono said and rubbed the back of his red hair.

“I’ll say, you dodged a bullet with that last question,” she said with a frown. “I don’t think he’s gonna let that one go so easy.” The sudden realization on the possibility that Aqua would have to educate the construct on reproduction made her shudder.

Lucca, however found the entire ordeal amusing. Aqua could tell by the smirk painted across her face. “Simply astounding, that's what it is. I've never ever seen an android with this sort of mental capacity. It's almost eerie I think, how life-like he is.”

“Agreed, I just with we knew where he came from,” Aqua said with a puzzled look.

“So what now?” Crono asked, glancing to Aqua and then to Lucca.

“Well, he wanted me to install him some synthetic flesh. I think I'll take him back with me, home, and get started on that.”

Aqua watched as Lucca went to retrieve Zero. She thought about giving her some kind of warning He’s a lot heavier than he looks, but who was she to prejudge someone’s strength. She was shocked to find that Lucca could barely even shift the Construct.
Lucca looked directly at Crono as if he was avoiding the obvious. “Some help here,” she said with an irritated huff.

Aqua watched with a smile as Crono lifted Zero over his shoulder, much like a father would have carried a sleeping child. She loved the gentleness that he possessed. She made her way to door, opening it so Crono wouldn’t have to disturb Zero any further. As they made their way to the roof top Aqua wondered if Zero even could be awaken.

As they neared the ship Lucca pressed a button on some sort of device. Aqua guessed it was like the car lock buttons that most vehicles came with. As Crono loaded Zero in comfortably she made her way to the front near the pilot seat.

When zero was settled and strapped in, Aqua watched as Lucca turned to Crono. “It was good seeing you kid,” she said and clapped Crono on the shoulder. After that she turned her attention to Aqua, giving a small bow. “And it was very nice meeting you, Lady Aqua. Take care of Crono for me, he has a tendency to get himself in trouble. You both have my phone number now, so keep in touch.”

Aqua gave a smile and a wave. “Don’t worry, I’ll keep him safe,” she said glancing over to Crono. Her cheeks reddened slightly at the realization of meaning every word she said. Aqua was realizing that in his absence she wanted nothing more than to find him and keep him safe.

Aqua brought herself back to present time and watched Lucca climb into the cockpit. As the ship took off, Aqua shielded her eyes in time to see Lucca wave before turning the ship and flying off into the sunset. As the silence of the early evening began to creep in, Aqua was his with a wave of exhaustion. She let out a large yawn before turning to Crono.

“I think I’ll turn in early,” she said. “You can sleep in the guest room down the hall.” She walked over to Crono and gave him one final hug before turning to the door. “Oh by the way, I ope you’re free tomorrow, we’re going clothes shopping. No more of this Man vs. Wild look,” she said with a wink before heading back into the apartment.
770/6780
Aqua
Aqua
Champion
Champion

Character Info
Level: 22
Race: Human

https://www.facebook.com/JamieBankai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2